You pt. 3

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

“Looks like Jennie’s performing now.” Dara motioned towards the TV in their waiting room, and Chaeyoung quickly had her full attention on the screen.

 

At seven o'clock tonight we will be out of the country

And you'll never see us again

Ever since I was 18

I had this vision in my head

Thought maybe I could start a new life

Go become a pop star

I packed my and left

 

Yeah, ever since I was 18

I wanted to be something more

I wanted fortune and the fame

And the world to know my name

But now I'm not so sure

 

Jennie began to sing and the crowd went nuts because this was her own song, a solo. And they didn’t get teasers or heads-up. Nope, instead they have Jennie on stage with a guitar singing a brand new song.

 

“Did you guys know this was what she was going to do?”

 

The other BV members were surprised as well, because Jennie kept this whole thing a secret, she even did something different at rehearsals.

 

“This isn’t what she did for rehearsals, what the hell?!”

 

“It’s so good though like??”

 

“Hmm...interesting.” Jisoo nodded, “Okay, we gotta focus...she’s only singing a bit.”

 

'Cause ever since you came into my life

You changed my mind

And all I wanna do

Is leave the world I know behind

Say goodbye

And run away with you

 

So can we find a private island

Fall in love in peacе and quiet

Just you and I

I wanna live, wanna live, wanna livе

Somewhere in a little cabin

Far away from all distractions

Just you and I

I wanna live, wanna live, wanna live a simple life

(Simple life)

 

And all the things that I was after

Suddenly don't matter

When I look in your eyes

So can we find a private island

Fall in love in peace and quiet

Just you and I

I wanna live, wanna live, wanna live

Somewhere in a little cabin

Far away from all distractions

Just you and I

I wanna live, wanna live, wanna live a simple life

 

“Wow that was a great song!” Dara hollered, patting her daughter on the shoulder, “Good job kiddo.”

 

“Thanks mom, but it was mostly her. I just helped with the melody. It’s her story.” Chaeyoung smiled, and Dara understood.

 

“Dara..you guys are up after BV.” the PD popped her head through the door, “Please be on standby.”

 

“Okay...well now it’s almost our turn..let’s go.” Dara held her hand out for her daughter to take.

 

“We can do this.” Chaeyoung smiled, holding her mom’s hand a little tighter for her own comfort.

 

As BV finished their performance and settled back into their table, while the MCs did their bit before the last performance.

 

“What a performance by BV right?” Seon-ho smiled

 

“Mhm and that solo song by Jennie. WOW! It wasn’t even in our script.” Yoona laughed.

 

“Now it’s time to award our artist of the decade.”

 

Chaerin, Dara’s best friend, stepped out onto the stage, with a huge smile.

 

“I just want to say how much of an honor it is to be the one presenting this to someone so close to me.” Chaerin smiled, “Here performing all her hits is my best friend and your artist of the decade, Dara!” Chaerin yelled clapping.

 

Dara’s performance was amazing as always people were singing and dancing along with her. She really deserves this award.

 

“I have one more song to sing.” Dara said catching her breath, “and I’ll be doing it with someone very very special to me.” She pauses, walking towards the side stage, which happens to be right in front of BV’s table.

 

“So..” Dara sat on the stool next to the grand piano on stage, “I’d like to officially introduce my daughter, Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“She’s Dara’s daughter? She’s gorgeous.”

 

“DARA’S Daughter?!”

 

“She looking like the love of my life already.”

 

The crowd was buzzing.

 

“Wait wait...is this right? That’s Chaeyoung right?” The BV members turned to Jennie, but her eyes were glued on the tall blonde on stage.

 

With one last smile at each other, Chaeyoung began to play as her mom started the song.

 

One, two, three You left me

But I hear your breathe from somewhere

Once again, four, five, six Red tears fall down

I miss your scent that embraced me

 

You said this was all for me

Like a lie, you coldly turned around

Why? Why? You're gone away

 

Come back home

Can you come back

Don't leave me at the end of the cold world

But come back to my side

Come back home

Can you come back

I'm pushing back all the pain

I'm still waiting for you like this

Now you gotta do what you gotta do

 

“Wait is Chae..” Yeri’s question was interrupted when Chaeyoung began to sing.

 

I hate you for not answering

I wonder if you'll miss me sometimes too yeah

I'm trapped in a time without you

I can't see ahead, I'm scared

 

The many days that are unfinished

It seems like they'll be waiting for us

Where are you? Where? Too far away

 

Come back home

Can you come back home

Don't leave me at the end of the cold world

But come back to my side

Come back home

Can you come back home

I'm pushing back all the pain

I'm still waiting for you like this

Now you gotta do what you gotta do

 

“Wow..she’s really good.”

 

“Yeah..she is.”

 

Come back home

Can you come back home

Don't leave me at the end of the cold world

But come back to my side

Come back home

Can you come back home

I'm pushing back all the pain

I'm still waiting for you like this

Now you gotta do what you gotta do

 

At the end of the song the crowd was on their feet clapping. It was a heartwarming performance, like the mother daughter duo were conversing through song.

 

As Chaerin handed the award to Dara, Chaeyoung, who was still by her mother’s side, caught eyes with Jennie. She didn’t even realize she was right in front of BV’s table. Smiling widely, Chaeyoung hoped she could catch Jennie later and talk.

 

“And I’d like to thank my family for supporting me even when I got lost for a bit there.” Dara turned to her daughter and winked.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

From that evening until the end of the holidays it seemed that Chaeyoung’s name was always trending. People coming up to her and asking for photos or an autograph. It was weird and uncomfortable, but the girl is starting to get used to it. Jennie’s song was also a huge hit, with her company releasing it as a special digital single for the fans.

 

“It’s been a few weeks now. The hype has died down.” Chaeyoung assured her cousin, “People don’t even bat an eye at me anymore.”

 

“I don’t know Chae...I could just ask Bona to close up...”

 

“Oh c’mon Wannie, it’s really going to be fine.”

 

“I’m not worried about you, I’m worried about my shop.”

 

“No one’s going to even know it’s me.” Chaeyoung smiled, putting glasses on her face.

 

“I...you know..everyone knew Clark was Superman.”

 

“Just trust me.”

 

“Fine, but if auntie calls and nags me. I’m blaming you.”

 

“It’s only an hour Wan, what can go wrong?”

 

Chaeyoung definitely jinxed herself, because 10 minutes after Bona left a customer walked in. The girl seemed to be just another customer, but the way she was looking at Chaeyoung made the blonde uncomfortable.

 

“Here’s your iced chai latte.” Chaeyoung smiles, placing the drink on the girl’s table before heading back to the counter.

 

It was quiet for a few more minutes, but suddenly more and more people started coming to the cafe.

 

“Omg it is her!” Some teenage girls squealed, “We really like your voice, hopefully you can sing some more.” One of the girls smiled after paying for their drinks.

 

“Uhm thanks.” Chaeyoung smiled, her eyes going to the wall clock.

 

Just 30 more minutes. The blonde thought to herself, feeling proud that she was able to keep up with the influx of customers. Of course she knows the real reason why they were patient with her, but still.

 

“Is it okay if I can get a photo with you?”

 

“I..sure..”

 

And that’s when the chaos began, everyone wanted a photo or a signature. Chaeyoung was glad they respected the shop enough to not invade her behind the counter.

 

“Everyone the cafe will be closing now, so if you are done with your meal please leave!” A voice screamed from behind the door.

 

“Lisa!” Chaeyoung almost cried seeing her best friend.

 

“Wendy was worried and wanted me to check on you.” She whispered, “Now go. I know how to close this place up.”

 

“Thank you.” Chaeyoung smiled, before heading to the back.

 

“Wait where is Chaeyoung going?”

 

“She has to go home, and so does everyone here so..” But Lisa’s words weren’t heard because the crowd soon dispersed outside hoping to catch the blonde.

 

“Ha you think I didn’t call for backup.” Lisa smirked, seeing the crowd looking around without any luck.

 

~ ~

 

“Jen?” Chaeyoung was surprised to see the brunette outside the employee entrance. They haven’t had a chance to talk since the year end shows. The brunette was busy with international schedules and Chaeyoung was just too scared to reach out first.

 

“C’mon before they find you.” Jennie ushered Chaeyoung into her car, before jogging to the driver’s side, “Lisa called me, she said you might need help. Guess she was right.” Jennie motioned from the crowd outside the cafe.

 

“Thanks.” Chaeyoung smiled, letting that awkward silence cover them again.

 

“Jen”

 

“Chae”

 

They both spoke at the same time, “You first.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“No no go ahead.” Jennie insisted.

 

“No seriously, you go first.”

 

“Chae..if we keep going back and forth we won’t get anywhere...just go first..please.” Jennie smiled, but Chaeyoung could sense that something was off with her.

 

“I just wanted to ask how you’ve been doing. Congratulations on the all-kill by the way.”

 

“Thanks...I’ve been busy..we’ve been in and out of the country so much I don’t think I’ve ever fully unpacked…” Jennie replied, trailing off.

 

“Yeah, Chu’s been telling me that she wishes she can just..”

 

“Wait..you’ve been talking to Jisoo?” Jennie briefly turns her head towards Chaeyoung.

 

“Not like every day..she would usually send me snaps or a text...uh Joy does too.” Chaeyoung adds, as if to help her case.

 

“I see.”

 

“And it’s not like I text them first or anything.”

 

Jennie chuckles at this, “I’m just teasing..I know they’ve been contacting you they always show off when you reply.”

 

“Then why would you...nevermind.” Chaeyoung.

 

“I just like to tease you..I’m not going to lie, I was a little bit mad at you for not telling me about the show..and then I got a little bit even more annoyed when you didn’t even reach out to me..” Jennie whined slightly.

 

“I’m sorry.” Chaeyoung apologized.

 

“It’s fine.” Jennie played it off coolly.

 

“It’s not..I wanted to tell you..but I decided last minute and there was so much going on..and I know it’s not a good excuse and I should have told you..I’m sorry.”

 

“It really is fine Chae...I admit I was very surprised seeing you up there. But you did great, I was so proud of you I teared up.” Jennie laughed, before adding, “Besides we’re just friends right? I’m not that special for you to tell me before anyone else. I understand you probably wanted to keep a secret too.” Jennie turned to the blonde after parking her car in the garage.

 

“But you are special to me.” Chaeyoung paused, not sure if she should continue, but she’s also done hiding, “You mean a lot to me Jennie. So much that I find myself always thinking about you. Which is something new to me...and it scared me, but that fear is nothing compared to the fear of not having you by my side, even if it’s just as a friend. That’s why I did the show. I needed to take the first step to you.” Chaeyoung smiled, feeling a weight off of her shoulder, “I guess..what I’m trying to say is that I like you Jennie Kim.”

 

Jennie stayed quiet, her mind and heart processing everything that Chaeyoung just told her.

 

Chaeyoung likes me. She likes me?! Me?! She likes me? Wow.

 

“You don’t have to say anything and I’m not asking you like me back or anything..I just wanted to tell you. I’m okay with staying as just friends.” Chaeyoung smiled trying to ease the mood a bit.

 

“No.” Jennie managed to squeak out.

 

“Oh uh..” Chaeyoung didn’t know how to respond to Jennie’s ‘No.’

 

Does she mean no we can’t be friends at all or no I don’t like you..or no you should like me??

 

“That’s..not...I..” Jennie was a stuttering mess, something quite new for her and something Chaeyoung found absolutely adorable.

 

“Don’t laugh at me!” Jennie whined, Chaeyoung couldn’t stop herself, the smaller girl was just being too adorable trying to come up with something coherent.

 

“You’re so cute you know that.” Chaeyoung smiled fondly, and Jennie felt her cheeks flush.

 

“You’re lucky I like you too.” Jennie mumbled under her breath, just loud enough for Chaeyoung to catch it.

 

“What?” Chaeyoung thought her ears were deceiving her.

 

“I said that I like you too.” Jennie smiled, and Chaeyoung suddenly felt shy under the girl’s intense stare.

 

“I..uhm..well that’s nice...uh thanks for the help again. Bye!” Chaeyoung ran out of the car, feeling her heart beating so fast she thought it might just leap out of her chest.

 

“What?” Jennie was confused seeing the blonde dash out so fast, “What just happened.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Wait wait she told you she likes you back and you told her “that’s nice” and then ran off?” Lisa repeated before laughing her out, crying, “Oh Chong-ah that’s gold..you were so confident and then she tells you she likes you too and you reply with that’s nice and bolted..I’m dead.” Lisa was laughing so hard no sound was coming out.

 

“Okay just let it out now.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at her best friend.

 

“Okay okay I’m done.” Lisa finally stopped laughing, although she still had a wide smile on her face.

 

“Seriously why am I like this?! Like..I can’t believe I did that! I can’t ever show my face to her.” Chaeyoung groaned.

 

After rushing inside and making sure she got into the elevator alone, Chaeyoung called Lisa and told her to come to her place.

 

“So this is the emergency.”

 

“What should I do? I panicked, I wasn’t expecting her to actually like me back. I was expecting her to tell me that we can only be friends, like I was prepared for that answer!”

 

“What? You were ready to be rejected, but now that you aren’t you don’t know what to do?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Wow, that’s such a dilemma whatever should you do.” Lisa sarcastically replied.

 

“Lisa.” Chaeyoung whined.

 

“Shouldn’t you be happy that she likes you back and” Lisa gestured her hands in the air around Chaeyoung, “Not whatever this is? Okay you did something super, like SUPER, embarrassing. But she likes you so she probably thought it was adorable.”

 

“Yeah but I may have also just ruined it…”

 

“You didn’t, so if I were you..I would go over there and get my girl.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

Meanwhile in BV’s dorm.

 

“Stop laughing! She was so cute and shy.” Jennie glared at her members who were dying after listening to what happened to her just now.

 

“I knew Chaeyoung was mad adorable, but omg she’s so..I just wanna run over there and cuddle her.” Joy said in between her laughs.

 

“HEY!” Jennie called out.

 

“So what are you going to do? She’s probably dying of embarrassment right now.” Jisoo, who surprisingly was the first one to stop laughing, asked.

 

“I don’t know...like should I go over there and talk to her or...just call? Like she ran out of my car so fast.”

 

“Maybe she wasn’t expecting you to feel the same?” Irene added.

 

“What? I mean have you seen Chaeyoung? She can do..” Yeri stopped talking after Jennie glared at her, “What I’m just saying.”

 

“Yeri..stop talking.” Jisoo turned to their youngest, “And you, Jen, just go over there and talk to her. You’ve literally been crushing on her since you met.”

 

“I was not.”

 

“Yeah you were.” The other members chorused.

 

“Just go and get your girl, before I do.” Joy teased, while pushing Jennie to their door.

 

“Okay okay.” Jennie rolled her eyes, but still let Jisoo, Joy and Yeri drag her to their door.

 

“Good..” The trios’ voice died in their throats, when they saw what just happened at their door.

 

“Hi.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, suddenly finding the brunette she was meaning to talk to literally in her arms.

 

“Hey.” Jennie’s cheeks flushed, having been literally pushed into Chaeyoung’s arms accidentally.

 

“Well that was quick.” Irene commented after hearing the commotion and checking it out.

 

“Uh..can we talk?” Chaeyoung asked, letting go of Jennie and taking a step back.

 

“Sure, but not here.” Jennie looked at her friends who all had a teasing smile on their faces.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“I didn’t know we could come up here.” Chaeyoung’s eyes sparkled as she looked at the city in front of her.

 

“Yeah, we’re not...but I have my connections.” Jennie chuckled, taking the spot right next to the blonde.

 

“So..” She began, wanting to address the elephant on the rooftop, but at the same time not knowing how.

 

“So…” Chaeyoung mimicked.

 

Jennie shook her head, chuckling lightly, “You go first.”

 

Chaeyoung shut her eyes, turning her head away from the brunette, her focus going back out onto the city skyline.

 

“I didn’t expect you to like me too...I was fully prepared to get the “Let’s just stay as friends” rejection, so I panicked and ran out..sorry about that..I’m actually super embarrassed about it. Contemplated moving out of the country for a second there.” Chaeyoung joked to ease herself, before turning to look at the shorter girl standing next to her.

 

“Why didn’t you think I’d like you back...honestly…” Jennie paused, “Everyone’s been telling me how obvious I am.” She laughs.

 

“Yeah..you kind of are.”

 

“Hey! If I was so obvious why’d it take you this long to say something?” Jennie playfully slaps Chaeyoung on her shoulder.

 

“In the beginning I wasn’t sure I was reading things right, but over time I realized it..with the help of some friends.”

 

“Those idiots and their schemes, I swear.” Jennie face palmed.

 

“I think it was sweet of them.”

 

“Yeah they mean well.”

 

“Mhm.. they do.” Chaeyoung took a breath, “Look Jen, I don’t know what’ll happen with us..but I’m pretty sure I’m in love with you. I’ve never felt anything like this for anyone before. You’ve just suddenly become the best part of my life and I don’t want to lose you.”

 

“You won’t lose me Chae, because you’ve also become someone I can’t imagine not being a part of my life. You’ve taught me so much not only about life, but about myself too. I realize what it means to love your career and to love someone else. So whatever happens from now on, I’ll always be here. That won’t change. I won’t change.”

 

“I’ll always be here too.”

 

“Then are you willing to take the next step with me then?”

 

“I took the first step by putting myself out there, so I’m fully prepared for this. I’ll even run away with you to live a simple life.”

 

“I see what you did there.” Jennie smiled, reaching a hand to hold Chaeyoung’s, “So, does this mean…”

 

“I’m yours love.”

 

And Jennie once again found herself in the arms of the taller girl.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/N: Okay so..this week has been interesting...and I was going to give this a little more up and down..but I have this story that I have been wanting to write (inspired by a tiktok I saw of “Neymar showing up to his ex’s wedding” - which isn’t really what happened but the story got me super soft okay)

 

also, for Jennie's song I used is called "Simple Life" by Jake Miller

 

So pick your poison:

 

A or H

and 

1 or 2

with 

C or D

 

I’m not telling you who’s who or what they mean...so choose wisely.

 

Till next time.






 

Bonus

 

“Thanks again for helping me with this Chae and for doing a feature.”

 

“Again, no worries, I really like the vibe of the song. Plus I’ve always admired your songs so..I was lowkey fangirling on the inside when you first reached out to me.” Chaeyoung laughed lightly.

 

“Chae here’s your coffee and snacks.” Wendy handed the girl her order while turning red at the person with the blonde.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“I-I-I-I-I welcome!” Wendy squeaked before running back to the counter.

 

“Do you think she’ll ever get used to me?”

 

“She’s more of a fangirl then I am Jieun..so..”

 

“Ah I see..anyways should we go? I still have to film something early tomorrow and you know how we get in the studio.”

 

“Yeah yeah let’s.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Dude you are so dead.” Yeri smiled at Chaeyoung who was very surprised to see the girl with her members cooking in her kitchen at 9am on a saturday.

 

“Well good morning to you too guys.” Chaeyoung ignored the comment, maneuvering her way around the 4 girls in her kitchen to grab some water. Having the BV members show up in her house unannounced has become a norm since she started Jennie. The members claimed they need the passcode in case they gotta drag a stubborn Jennie to a schedule….which has actually happened.

 

“Good morning Chong-ah, but seriously Yeri’s right...you’re so dead.” Lisa popped out from the corner. Chaeyoung assumed the girl just got here.

 

“I really don’t understand what you guys mean by that.” Chaeyoung replied, turning her attention to Irene, who was the only one that was actually cooking. “Do you need help?”

 

“No I’m good, but the others are right you are so dead.” Irene replied, not even bothering to look at the blonde girl.

 

“What did I do?!”

 

“Seul says she’s grabbing coffee at Wen’s y’all want some?” Lisa asked, ignoring Chaeyoung.

 

“Just the usual!” They all chorused, and Lisa sent a quick text to Seulgi.

 

“Okay I see that I am now invisible in my own home. Hey wait where’s Jen?” Chaeyoung realized there’s not a tiny dumpling clinging onto her.

 

“Oh now you realize she’s not here.” Joy shook her head.

 

“Huh? Wait let me grab my phone.” Chaeyoung ran back to her room to grab her phone..which was dead because she forgot to charge it last night.

 

“Got your phone?” The girls all looked at the blonde.

 

“It’s charging, forgot to plug it in last night...why are you guys seriously looking at me like that???”

 

But before anyone could answer the doorbell rang.

 

“I’ll go grab that, it’s probably Seul.” Irene volunteered.

 

“So?? I’m literally so lost, like did I forget something?”

 

“Yeah...your…”

 

“Look who ran into Seul in the elevator.” Irene came back followed by Seulgi and Jieun.

 

“Hey what brings you here so early?” Chaeyoung asked, as the others just watched.

 

“I tried to call, but you didn’t answer. I was on my way to the company, but I didn’t have the flashdrive with me and since your place was on the way I decided to stop by and grab it.”

 

“Ah that’s right! It’s in my bag, let me grab it for you..oh before that how rude of me. Jieun these are my friends Lisa and you may already know BV.”

 

“Yeah I’ve been on a few shows with them, but it’s always nice to see you guys and to meet you Lisa.” Jieun smiled.

 

“You guys talk, I’ll be right back.”

 

While Chaeyoung was gone Jieun stood awkwardly while everyone seemed to be watching her.

 

“So...how long have you and Chaengie been ‘working together’?” Jisoo asked.

 

“Uh just a few weeks.”

 

“How’d you meet?”

 

“Her mom.”

 

“What are you guys working on?”

 

“That’s still a secret.”

 

“Hmmmmm.”

 

“How do you feel about my best friend?”

 

“LISA!” the BV girls chorused.

 

“What?”

 

“You guys are fun.” Jieun chuckled, “Chae and I are just friends. Nothing more, besides she told me she’s seeing someone.”

 

“She did?!”

 

“Yeah, I don’t know who though. But whoever it is they’re really lucky. Chae really ca.”

 

“Here it is.” Chaeyoung came back.

 

“Perfect! Thanks Chae.”

 

“No worries, I’ll walk you to the door.”

 

“Sure. Bye guys, nice talking to you.” Jieun smiled.

 

“Bye!” The girls smile.

 

“I heard them exclaim Lisa’s name earlier, so whatever was said...I’ll apologize on her behalf, she means well.” Chaeyoung spoke up as the two stood in front of her door.

 

“It wasn’t anything bad, they’re just curious on what we’re working on.”

 

“Ohhh..yeah I know it’s still a secret so I haven’t told them.”

 

“No worries.”

 

And as Chaeyoung opened the door for the girl she was surprised to see an angry looking Jennie on the other side.

“Okay well have fun with your friends Chae, see you.” Jieun bid goodbye to Chaeyoung, nodding a quick hello to Jennie before running off.

 

“Babe you're here.” Chaeyoung smiled, but Jennie didn’t respond, instead the girl marched her way inside her girlfriend’s condo, “uh...Jen?”

 

“And that’s our cue guys.” Irene voiced out, when they saw Jennie making her way to the living room.

 

“But my breakfast..”

 

“Jennie hey..” Chaeyoung caught up to her girl, “Let’s just talk in my room.” She led the girl away.

 

“Okay so we finish breakfast then plan a funeral?”

 

“Yeri!”

 

“I mean...did you see how mad Jen looked..”

 

“See...if someone wasn’t so nosy and asking Wendy all sorts of questions this wouldn’t have happened.” Irene looked at Jisoo.

 

“Well I saw my best friend’s girl out with someone else looking very close, so I had to do my part and in my defense I didn’t think she’d want to play the games on my phone okay….and Chaeyoung should have told her about their little collaboration.”

 

“Well if you guys are done arguing on who’s fault it is...who wants to come with me to eavesdrop?”

 

“No one is eavesdropping, sit down and eat.” Irene used a sten tone.

 

“Fine.” The others grumbled.

 

In the bedroom, Jennie noticed Chaeyoung’s phone on the table plugged in. Catching her girlfriend’s line of sight, the blonde spoke up, “It died while I was working and I forgot to charge it...sorry if I missed your call/text/or facetime.”

 

“Jieun huh.” Jennie hummed, taking a seat on the edge of Chaeyoung’s bed, while Chaeyoung remained standing.

 

“Uhm…”

 

“I didn’t know you guys were friends.”

 

“She’s in the same company as my mom.”

 

“Hmm, she knows where you live too.”

 

“Yeah..she had to come pick me up once for something.”

 

“Really now.”

 

“It was when my car was in the shop and you were on a schedule..and it was the company vehicle.”

 

“Right right.”

 

“We’re just friends.”

 

“Friends that grab take-out from Wen’s a few times and go to your private studio together. Yep friends. We were friends like that too.” Jennie pointed.

 

“Oh my gosh Jen, it’s not like that!” Chaeyoung took the spot next to Jennie, “Whatever you think you know or saw it’s not like that. Jieun asked me to help her with her song and I agreed. We only went to my studio once because there was a schedule conflict.

 

“Well why didn’t you tell me you were working with her? I had to find out from a text Chu got from Wendy?!” Jennie was fuming.

 

“I was going to tell you about it today. I told Jieun about you, well not you-you, just that I’m in a relationship..and was worried about people spotting us. She said it would be fine if I told you about it.”

 

“You did.” Jennie softened up.

 

“Of course, is that why you came here looking like you were gonna skin me alive?” Chaeyoung laughed lightly, pulling the smaller girl into her embrace, and kissing the top of her head.

 

“Maybe..” Jennie pouted, snuggling closer, “I saw those messages, and then tried to call you but no answer. You didn’t check my texts too. I was worried and...so..I may have blown up your phone.” Jennie admitte.

 

“Let’s see.” Chaeyoung reached for her phone and when she saw all the missed calls and texts from Jennie she felt more guilty rather than amused, “Sorry I must have worried you too for not replying.”

 

“Hmm.” Jennie hummed, starting to fall asleep in the blonde’s arms. She barely got any sleep from the worry, “But just so you know..next time I’mma barge in here and check up on you.” She muttered softly.

 

“Got it, now sleep. I’ll wake you in a few hours.”

 

“Hmm..stay with me until I fall asleep.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Love you.”

 

“Love you too.” Chaeyoung smiled, laying their bodies down so Jennie can rest comfortably.