Memories Pt. 2

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

5 years ago - Australia.

 

“When will you go out with me?”

 

“Hmmm I’ll go out with you.”

 

“REALLY?!”

 

“Yep, but only if you grow tall enough that I have to reach up to wrap my arms around your neck.”

 

“Ugh..” I groaned, my eyelids felt heavy, but I was able to crack them open. Why does my body feel like it was hit by a truck? What was that dream? Who was that girl?

 

“Roseanne!” I heard my name being called, the voices sounding familiar.

 

I was still disorientated.

 

“I--” My voice was hoarse and it hurt to talk.

 

“Lisa go get the doctor.”

 

“Aly go get your sister some water.”

 

I heard my mom’s voice.

 

After getting some water and my eyes adjusting to the light, I finally realized I was in a hospital.

 

“Rosie do you remember what happened?” My dad asked.

 

“I..I was walking..and then there was this girl...a car…” I closed my eyes, the memory of that day coming back.

 

~

“Roseanne.” Alice’s voice was stern.

“Aly chill, I’m on my way right now. You know I won’t miss the board exams. Wouldn’t want to disappoint dear ol’dad.” Roseanne replied sarcastically, while she made her way to the examination hall.

 

“Rosie.” Alice sighed through the phone, “You know we could..”

 

“It’s fine Aly.”

 

“I’ll pass and dad gets his family of lawyers.”

 

“You know he loves us.”

 

Roseanne pauses, “I know.” And there was no sarcasm in her voice. Roseanne knows her father means well...but being a lawyer isn’t her dream..it never was..but she also couldn’t disappoint her parents. They gave her everything, this is the least she could do.

 

“After this let’s go have dinner..and maybe go to that new art gallery.”

 

“Okay.” Roseanne ended the phone call, bumping into a girl, “I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. I wasn’t paying any attention myself.” The brunette chuckled, her attention on the crosswalk in front of her, waiting for the red no crossing signal to turn green. Roseanne looked at the stranger closely, thinking to herself ‘where have I seen this girl before.’

 

So, Roseanne always being the social butterfly asked, “I’m sorry but have we met before?”

 

“I don’t think so no...I’m actually not from here.” The stranger admitted, turning towards the stranger talking to her.

 

“Hmm judging by your Kiwi accent, I’m guessing New Zealand?”

 

“Actually no, South Korea.”

 

“Huh?” Roseanne looked confused.

 

“I went to boarding school in New Zealand.”

 

“Ah I see.” Roseanne replied in Korean, surprising the stranger, “I’m Roseanne Park by the way, but you can call me Rosie.”

 

“Well Rosie, I’m also a Park.” She chuckled, answering Roseanne , “Park Chaeyoung.”

 

Roseanne laughed at this, “I guess it’s a common surname.”

 

“It is.” Chaeoyung laughs and Roseanne finds herself being drawn to Chaeyoung. There was just something about her.

 

“You’re interesting, I like you.”

 

“Oh I’m flattered Rosie, but I’m already engaged.”

 

The brunette’s response made the blonde laugh so hard no sound was coming out, “OMG Chaeyoung that’s not what I meant...I meant as friends.”

 

“Ah…sorry..”

 

“Don’t be, if I looked like you. I’d think everyone was trying to hit on me too.” Roseanne jokes, managing to ease away the awkward atmosphere.

 

“So what brings you to Melbs?”

 

“Ah that…” Chaeyoung began, motioning for them to cross after noticing the signal turn green.

 

And the next few seconds seem to pass by in slow motion for Roseanne. A speeding car rounding the street corner, not slowing down. And then suddenly she felt a body press behind her. The last thing Roseanne heard before everything went black was “Jen..”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Chaeyoung.” I remembered the girl, “Mom there was a girl with me..she was..she protected me...where is she?” I was panicking. Chaeyoung she saved me..she protected me. I had to know if she was okay.

 

“Rosie…” My mom was the first one to speak, but I could tell by the looks on their faces that it wasn’t good.

 

“Please…” I begged.

 

“I…I’m sorry dear..” My mom began to cry, “But she’s gone.”

 

“No..she..can’t...she can’t...I..” I began to cry. If only I had been faster.

 

“Rosie..sweetie..” My mom held me in her arms, “It’s not your fault you hear me. It was an accident.. And we are forever thankful for Chaeyoung for saving you twice.”

 

“Twice?” I lifted my head up, “What do you mean.”

 

“We almost lost you, a shard of metal from the car cut into your heart...and Chaeyoung was pronounced brain dead...The doctors couldn’t find a heart that fast to save you, but they found out Chaeyoung is an organ donor in Korea while looking for an emergency contact..they asked her parents if they would consent...or if they would keep the girl on life support...her parents chose to save you.”

 

“What?”

 

“You’re heart sweetie...it was hers.”

 

I placed a hand on my chest, feeling it beat over my shirt...Chaeyoung...I’m sorry. I cried even louder. Feeling sorry and guilty for taking Chaeyoung away from her family...friends..her fiancé she told me about….God why did you save me and not her...she deserves to be here more than me….

 

“Rosie...please calm down. The doctors said you can’t strai..” But everything went black again.

 

“We’re engaged now which means you can’t leave me.”

 

“You know I won’t ever leave you Nini.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“I promise. I will always be with you. Forever.”

 

“I Love you Hubby.”

 

“I love you too Wifey.”

 

-Present time-

 

“So, did you find her?” Lisa asked after I got inside the car.

 

“I did, but there was someone there.”

 

“Well maybe tomorrow then.” Lisa suggested and I nodded as she started the car and drove us away.

 

“Irises..they mean hope.” I suddenly said, clutching the flowers in my hand a little tighter.

 

“Rosie...you need to stop feeling guilty..it was an accident. You or her couldn’t have predicted it.”

 

“I know..I’m trying.” I smiled, “That’s why I brought these, to have hope.” I smiled.

 

I can do this right Chaeyoung?

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Okay, so I accidentally posted this without the present time, so I’m reposting it.

 

It’s not much but it’ll help us move closer to the main storyline...I think this might be pretty long...but we’ll see.

 

Anyways, hope this answers some questions or clears some confusion up.

 

I'm trying to get this up everyday until Rosie's solo, but don't hold me to that...but I'll try lol.

 

Till next time

 

Ciao