Switched pt. 2

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

It is now day 15 of 30...and life has changed drastically for the two since they switched.

 

For one, Seolhyun went from Chaeyoung’s bully to one of her number one admirers. Chaeyoung has also gotten more popular among campus after the dance troupe performed during the university's pre-finals festival.

 

With Jennie, the label finally acknowledged her passion for music and is letting her write some songs for them. She even managed to convince Sandara to let them do more lives and to sing some covers together, which resulted in the girls gaining even more popularity than before. The acoustic cover for Really was also released, because the general public loved it so much. Of course, although the two got along, they do have tiny little banters every now and then..mostly through text though.

 

OMG why would you go out wearing that? It’s an 8am lecture not Paris Fashion Week

(〃>_<;〃) - Chaeyoung

 

Lisa snapped a photo of Jennie and sent it to Chaeyoung asking the girl how she could have afforded all that, when they both literally survive thanks to their low income jobs, and with Chaeyoung being on leave from the cafe because of the situation..so of course Chaeyoung texted the older girl right away.

 

Uhm excuse me, but I refuse to go out in leggings and a sweater. Besides it’s super casual. ┐(︶▽︶)┌ - Jennie

 

CASUAL? YOU CALL GUCCI MULES, YSL DISTRESSED JEANS, A BALENCIAGA TSHIRT, BLAZER , AND A FREAKING CHANEL BACKPACK CASUAL???? -Chaeyoung.

 

ALSO HOW TF DID YOU AFFORD THAT? UNNIE MY SAVINGS!!! (╥﹏╥) - Chaeyoung

 

Calm your . I paid for all this with my own money...there’s a thing called online shopping Rosie. - Jennie.

 

That’s even worse! Unnie return those, they literally cost more than our rent for the year! - Chaeyoung.

 

Nope. You look cute and think of them as a gift..a thank you for not ruining my image. -Jennie

 

Okay first of all did you think I was gonna ruin your career. I’m not a bad person unnie. Second, a thank you card would have sufficed not a whole ensemble I’ll never wear. - Chaeyoung.

 

I didn’t.....just let me spoil you like this. END OF DISCUSSION. - Jennie.

 

Chaeyoung sighed, she knew she couldn’t get Jennie to stop even if she tried. The girl is very stubborn.

 

“I’ll just make sure to give it all back to her after we switch back..it’ll be a bit over size on this body..hmm she’ll look cute.” Chaeyoung chuckled, while Jisoo was watching the whole time with an amused smirk on her face.

 

“There’s definitely something more to these 30 days.” She whispered to herself.

 

“Say something Chu?” Sandara looked at the girl.

 

“Nothing, just saying how I’m hungry.” Jisoo smiled.

 

I’ll have to talk to Jen about this. Jisoo thought to herself.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

When Jennie said she was going to spoil Chaeyoung, she literally meant it.

 

“What the heck is happening?” Lisa woke up to box after box being placed in their living room.

 

“Oh I just bought some more stuff. Also, I paid the rent for the rest of the year.” Jennie shrugged.

 

“WHAT? WHY?” Lisa was stunned. The two girls weren’t comfortable, yes; but they weren’t poor. They had savings and splitting the bills helped them save. Their tuition was covered by scholarships, although those stupid fees and make it so they have to pay a bit out of pocket, but not enough to get a student loan.

 

“Don’t worry Lis, it’s not because I’m uncomfortable or anything, I just wanted to help you both out, since Rosie isn’t able to be at the cafe right now.” Jennie explained, sensing the tone Lisa had in her voice..

 

“You don’t have to..I know Chae has some money saved up, and it’s not like we’ll be behind on rent. It’s only for what 2 more weeks?” Lisa explained, slightly uncomfortable...she didn’t want Jennie to think they were trying to take her money or something.

 

“Still. It’s been paid for so don’t even think of asking me to take it back from the landlady.” Jennie spoke up when she saw Lisa open again.

 

“Then we’ll just pay you.” Lisa deadpanned.

 

“Lisa please. Let me do this for you guys.” Jennie was very sincere and she knows Lisa’s side as well.

 

“Fine..” Lisa sighed, “but I’m buying your meals until you two swtich back.” The taller girl grumbled.

 

“Deal.” Jennie beamed, “Now help me get this stuff into Rosie’s room.”

 

“No way. I already accepted the rent. I’m not going to be an accomplice to this. You know she already told you not to spend money on her….”

 

“Look Lis, I may be Park Chaeyoung to everyone, but I am still very much me. And I love my wardrobe. Besides Rosie already knows.”

 

“And she agreed?” Lisa was skeptical.

 

“Well…” Jennie replied in a high pitched tone.

 

“She didn’t...I’m calling her.” Lisa grabbed her phone, but Jennie quickly took the device from the dark haired girl.

 

“Don’t you dare Lalisa Manoban. I already told Rosie end of discussion on this.” Jennie glared at the girl and Lisa felt a shiver run down her spine.

 

Damn Jennie Kim for being so intimidating no matter who she is. Lisa gulped, agreeing.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Day 25 of 30

 

There’s really no stopping you with the outfits is there? - Chaeyoung.

 

Hehe nope. Just live with it Park. - Jennie.

 

Just do whatever you want Kim. - Chaeyoung.

 

Good. Now, I’ll see you in a bit? I have some stuff from school too. - Jennie.

 

Yep. We’re on our way. - Chaeyoung

 

We? - Jennie

 

Jichu unnie is coming :) -Chaeyoung.

 

Okay. - Jennie.

 

“Let me guess, Lisa told you that Jendeukie went shopping again.” Jisoo chuckled, after she heard Chaeyoung sigh and slump down lower in her seat.

 

“Jichu unnie, how can I stop her. She’s spending so much money.” Chaeyoung whined.

 

“Jen is as stubborn as a mule Chae..there’s no stopping her. Just let her be.” Jisoo pinched her dumpling cheeks, forcing a smile.

 

“But unnie….” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“It’s only for a few more days. She can’t buy anymore.” Jisoo tried to assure the girl.

 

“Yeah but at the rate she’s been going, my closet will probably explode.”

 

“I’ll talk to her later okay? I’ll try to stop her, but no promises Jendeukie loves her wardrobe.”

 

“I’ll take it.”

 

The two arrived at Blacklabel as Jennie was walking to the entrance.

 

“Chichu~” Jennie squealed, running into Jisoo’s arms, practically engulfing the girl since she’s now taller.

 

“Jendeukie~~” Jisoo hugged the girl tightly.

 

The three girls settled inside the practice room, since Jisoo was here they just talked about the current things going on in the company. Chaeyoung excused herself to put the materials Jennie brought for school in the van.

 

“So, how are you?” Jisoo asked, after the door closed behind Chaeyoung.

 

“Good, being a uni student. You know.” Jennie chuckled lightly.

 

“That’s good. I know that you’re in Chae’s body, but you seem lighter...it’s hard to explain but yeah.” Jisoo smiled.

 

“Yeah I don’t know...I feel it too. Like there’s no stress, no one watching my every move. I can just be me...well Rosie.” Jennie laughed.

 

“That’s good...now.” Jisoo began, looking at the blonde’s outfit, “Chae asked me to tell you to stop spending money on her.” Jisoo sternly said.

 

“Aww but why. Doesn’t she look so good?” Jennie stood up twirling around.

 

“She does…”

 

“See! So no, I won’t stop until we switch back.” Jennie sat back down.

 

I told Chae this wasn’t going to work...ugh how can I get her to stop..oh..wait why is she frowning. Jisoo noticed Jennie frowning while looking at something on her (Chaeyoung’s) phone.

 

“Did you fail an exam?” Jisoo spoke up.

 

“What?” Jennie looked at the girl, and gestured towards the phone.

 

“You look like you’re about 1 second away from hurling Chae’s phone across the room.”

 

“It’s nothing and I have been a great student thank you very much.”

 

“Good, Chae’s been working extra hard you know?”

 

“I know. I see it. I’ve been following news about us.”

 

“So as a reward, maybe you could stop the shopping spree? The girl has been pouty since Lisa told her again.”

 

“She has? Does it bother her that much?”

 

“I don’t think it bothers her as much as she feels like she’s taking advantage of your wealth, I mean she was so determined to pay back the rent too. And all this...just let them be Jen.”

 

“But she isn’t and the rent thing is just my way of paying the both of them back. I mean she had to stop working because I can’t make coffee for grumpy Karens in the morning without snapping soo…” Jennie pouted.

 

“I know and they know that too...but just no more shopping okay? I think you can survive with what you currently bought for another 5 days.”

 

“Okay fine.” Jennie finally relented just as Chaeyoung came back all innocent eyed.

 

The three hung out for another hour before Jisoo decided to go, saying that she misses her dog.

 

So now, the two girls were in the practice room with Chaeyoung teaching Jennie how to play.

 

“So I heard G that you found A minor.” Chaeyoung strummed, teaching Jennie how to play Somebody Else by The 1975. The girl has gotten much better at the guitar, able to sight read both sheet music and tabs.

 

“Hmm actually it’s more like.” Chaeyoung began, positioning herself behind Jennie, and placing her fingers on the strings, holding her hand to strum, “Like this..got it?” Chaeyoung peered at the girl who was stunned still, her heart racing.

 

“Uhm I yeah I got it.” Jennie replied, almost letting out a whine when Chaeyoung moved back to sitting in front of her.

 

They practiced for another hour before Jennie asked the girl if she wanted a break, it was getting late and they haven’t had dinner yet.

 

“Sure, we can go to Myeongdong for street food!” Chaeyoung got up quickly, bursting with excitement.

 

“Yeah okay.” Jennie smiled endearingly at the girl.

 

Reaching Myeongdong Street Food, Chaeyoung intertwined her and Jennie’s hands together.

 

“It’s crowded, I don’t want to lose you in the crowd,” Chaeyoung peered up, whispering the words to Jennie.

 

“Yeah...wouldn’t want to lose you too.” Jennie smiled, tightening the hold she had on Chaeyoung’s, well technically her, hand.

 

Feasting on everything they found appetizing the two girls ate and ate like no tomorrow.

 

“How’s Chu by the way?” Jennie asked, while they were enjoying some coffee in a cute little cafe.

 

“She’s good. I thought you guys just talked earlier?” Chaeyoung asked, because Jisoo and her were together with Jennie until literally 2 hours ago.

 

“Ah yeah, but I was just wondering if anything changed between you guys or something.” Jennie shrugged her shoulder, holding back her words.

 

“Uhm..not really. We’ve gotten close though, I’ve been teaching her english and the guitar too.” Chaeyoung proudly replied.

 

“What?” Jennie nearly choked on her drink, the image of Chaeyoung holding Jisoo from behind suddenly popping up into her head, making her feel upset for some reason.

 

“Hey you okay?” Chaeyoung went over, gently patting the girl’s back, “Drink slower.”

 

“I’m good. I’m good…So you two got closer that’s good.” Jennie lightly chuckled, to hide her now somber mood.

 

“Yeah, Lis says you guys are getting along much better too. I’m not surprised because she’s always been a social butterfly.” Chaeyoung smiled, genuinely glad that the two are getting along, she remembers the first day they switched, Lisa was so worried she texted Chaeyoung. The texts were funny.

 

Chae...come back Chae...she’s so scary. When were you so scary {{ (>_<) }} - Lisa

 

She’s glaring at me...we’re just buying food and she’s glaring at me. Stop glaring at me. Chong-ah help me (╥_╥) -Lisa

 

Okay I think she was just hangry. She’s smiling now...kind of...don’t worry Chae I’ll tell her all about you (^_~) - Lisa

 

“Yeah your best friend has quite the character. She’s cool.”

 

“Also, you never told me you were interested in writing music.” Chaeyoung finally brought it up, she’s been keeping it a secret from the girl, that the label is letting her write.

 

“How do you know that? Did Chu tell you?” Jennie asked, her interest in this was just a secret between her and Jisoo. She’s mentioned it to management before, but they never really took it seriously.

 

“Actually, after the whole guitar thing...the label is letting you write and stuff now.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Really?” Jennie was excited.

 

“Yeah, so if you have anything you want me to submit just let me know..I’ve just been making acoustic arrangements of your current tracklist.” Chaeyoung replied, rubbing her nape shyly.

 

“Rosie that’s..wow. Thank you.” Jennie looked at the girl softly.

 

“You don’t have to thank me for anything. You work hard too you know. Thanks for Acing that pop quiz in music comp.” Chaeyoung teased, “Looks like my classes are doing both of us a favor huh.”

 

“I won’t deny that.” Jennie cheekily smiled, enjoying her time with the girl.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

Day 28 of 30

 

“Sooooo...you and Chaeyoung.” Jisoo looked at the blonde in front of her with a teasing smirk. Jisoo has noticed how smiley Chaeyoung is whenever the girl is talking to Jennie and how Jennie seems to brighten up whenever she’s around Chaeyoung.

 

“What about us?” Jennie asked confused.

 

The girls were hanging out at Chaeyoung and Lisa’s dorm. The two younger girls went out to grab snacks, leaving Jennie and Jisoo alone.

 

“Really Jen?”

 

“I mean we’re friends. Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” Jennie raised a brow.

 

“What?”

 

“Oh c’mon Chu, I know you.”

 

“Yeah and?”

 

“Are you really going to make me say it out loud?”

 

“Say what? I’m really lost here Jen.”

 

“You like Rosie..like like her.” Jennie let the words out, confused as to why they felt so bitter.

 

After hearing what Jennie just said Jisoo paused...she stared at her best friend, blinking her eyes rapidly.

 

“I-I-I do not Jennie Kim.” Jisoo stuttered so taken aback from the accusation.

 

“AHA! You stuttered, I knew it!” Jennie pointed an accusatory finger at the shorter girl.

 

“OMG I do not like her! I mean I like her but like as a friend, not like that! Jennie!” Jisoo hit Jennie’s shoulder explaining herself but being incredibly shy.

 

“I mean look at your reaction, it’s so cute.” Jennie cooed, ignoring the slight annoyance she felt when Jisoo stuttered, but not knowing why.

 

What’s wrong with you Jen. Why would the two of them possibly liking each other bother you. Maybe it’s cause it’s weird for Chu to look at me with hearts in her eyes...yeah thats it. The girl reasoned with herself.

 

“Jennie Kim I swear on all the fried chicken on this Earth I do not like Chae like that.” Jisoo raised a palm up.

 

“Alright if you say so.” Jennie replied in a sing-song voice. Feeling instantly relieved.

 

“I can’t believe you thought that! If anything it should be you asking yourself that especially since your with...”

 

“WE’RE BACK!” Lisa’s loud voice interrupted Jisoo from interrogating Jennie some more.

 

“Took you guys long enough. Here Rosie, I can take those.” Jennie stood up, walking over to Chaeyoung and grabbing the bags from her.

 

“Of course you help her.” Lisa rolled her eyes, grunting dramatically while she carried the rest in.

 

“Lis.” Chaeyoung looked at Lisa, nudging her a bit, but the playful girl just smirked back.

 

/Flashback/

 

“Hey Chong-ah..can I ask you something serious?” Lisa spoke while the two were walking back to the dorm.

 

“Hmm this is weird...but what is it?” Chaeyoung urged her to go ahead and ask.

 

“You like Jennie unnie don’t you.” Lisa stated instead of asked.

 

“I mean of course she’s a good person and not at all the bratty princess I thought she was.” Chaeyoung replied.

 

“That’s not what I meant...I mean you like her..romantically.” Lisa looked at the shorter girl, Chaeyoung can be dense sometimes. Which is another endearing quality of the girl, but Lisa didn’t think she’d be that clueless over her own feelings.

 

“I-I-I..” Chaeyoung stuttered like a broken record, feeling her cheeks heat up.

 

“OMG YOU DO!” Lisa squealed, “Are you going to tell her?!”

 

“Lisa can you keep it down and no I’m not.”

 

“What why?”

 

“Well I mean first of all, it’s Jennie Kim. The Boss B, she’s like the most eligible bachelorette out there..while I’m just plain ol Chaeyoung. Second, I’m literally trapped in her body so if I did confess I’d have to confess to myself and that’s just freaking weird. Last, but probably the most important point, I think she’s dating someone.”

 

“First of all Chae...you didn’t even know who she was until recently. Second , you are most definitely not just ‘plain ol Chaeyoung,’ because you are like literally an angel sent from above. You are an amazing person Chaeyoung. Beautiful inside and out.” Lisa hugged her friend, “Third, where did you get the idea that she’s dating when you just said she’s a bachelorette??”

 

“I saw photos of them on her camera roll..and before you say anything,” Chaeyoung looked at Lisa who already had open to say something, “I didn’t snoop or anything, I had her send me a photo of the textbook. I saved it in her camera roll on accident and yeah…”

 

“Well who is it?” Lisa asked.

 

“I’m not telling you.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“It’s her privacy, and I already feel like I violated it.” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“Okay fine. But you should at least tell her...I mean there’s only 2 days left right? Tell her after you switched back.”

 

“Maybe.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“There we go! Oh and just so you know..I’m so going to tease you guys even more.” Lisa stuck her tongue out at her friend before opening the door to their dorm.

 

/End Flashback/

 

“What’s with you two?” Jisoo asked, the two girls looked at each other.

 

“Nothing!” They chimed at the same time and laughed loudly.

 

“You guys are being weird.” Jennie looked at the best friend duo who just shrugged, grabbing the variety of food from the bags.

 

The four girls were having a light conversation. Jennie and Jisoo have really grown fond of Lisa and Chaeyoung, especially because the two treat them like normal people. Yes, the two have friends that aren’t famous, but these are friends they’ve known since young. So Lisa and Chaeyoung are like a breath of fresh air for the two.

 

“We’ll still hang out after all this right?” Jisoo spoke up, while they started devouring the banana split Chaeyoung made.

 

“Yeah of course..I mean we’re friends right?” Lisa agreed right away, turning to Chaeyoung urging her to say something.

 

“Duh, of course! I still gotta give lessons to the princess over here.” Chaeyoung gestured to Jennie, who scrunched her nose cutely at the girl.

 

“I thought I told you to stop calling me princess.”

 

“Make me.” Chaeyoung stuck her tongue out.

 

“Whatever..dork.” Jennie smiled.

 

Later that night,Chaeyoung was all snuggled in bed. The two have a 4am call time the next day. But right when the girl’s eyes were starting to get heavy she got a call. Frowning because it was a private number, Chaeyoung decided to ignore the call. The ringing stopped, but the constant dinging of her phone made the girl grumpy. Reaching out, she grabbed the device, squinting to adjust to the brightness of the screen, Chaeyoung’s eyes widened at the messages Jennie was getting. Usually, she would just screenshot the texts and send it to Jennie and then reply..but these messages..they just confirmed what Chaeyoung hoped wasn’t true.

 

Hey Jen, it was me that tried calling. - Jongin

My phone died so I used my manager’s. - Jongin

Sorry I haven’t been able to talk to you these past few weeks. - Jongin

Are you mad? - Jongin

I miss you. - Jongin

Jen? - Jongin

Jennie? - Jongin

Ah you’re probably asleep..sorry hun.. - Jongin

Good night. - Jongin

I love you. - Jongin

 

With a deep breath, Chaeyoung took the screenshot and sent it to her phone.

 

Hey..you might be sleeping but he texted you. - Jennie

Ah don’t worry I won’t like leak this or anything. - Jennie

 

Tossing the phone away, Chaeyoung sighed the sleepiness leaving her body.

 

“Well there goes that.” She bitterly chuckled to herself, hoping to at least get a nap. The brunette tossed and turned, but sleep just evaded...it didn’t help that when she looked in the mirror, it’s Jennie’s face that she sees.

 

Giving up, Chaeyoung got up and prepared for the day...it was only 2am..

 

“You were up early today Chae.” Jisoo yawned, the two in their van heading to the salon.

 

“Yeah...I couldn’t sleep.”

 

“Ah excited because by tonight things will return to normal?” Jisoo nudged the girl playfully.

 

“Yeah...things need to return to normal.”

 

Frowning, Jisoo scooched a tad closer to the girl, “Hey what’s up? I can tell something is wrong.”

 

“It’s nothing, I think the lack of sleep is finally starting to catch up to me.” Chaeyoung lied.

 

“Alright, come here. Sleep on my shoulder. I’ll wake you up once we reach.”

 

The day flew by, the two girls so busy with their schedules, Chaeyoung didn’t get a chance to check her phone.

 

So at their last schedule, a photoshoot for an Olens ad, the two were very surprised to see Lisa and Jennie there.

 

“Yo yo wassup wassup.” Lisa smiled, with Jennie waving, “Hi.”

 

“Hey guys what brings you here?” Jisoo approached the two girls first, while Chaeyoung was still changing out of her normal clothes and into the outfit for the shoot.

 

“This one dragged me here, anyways where’s the restroom I really really need to go.” Lisa asked, the commute to the studio was over an hour and Lisa had way too much milk tea on the way.

 

“Oh just down the hall to your right.” Jisoo pointed and Lisa nodded and left.

 

“Okay Jen what’s up?” Jisoo asked seriously, she could tell by the girl’s demeanor that something was up, the constant lower lip biting proved it.

 

“I need to talk to Rosie alone.” Jennie whispered.

 

“I mean okay...you don’t have to ask me.” Jisoo furrowed her brows, was that really it?

 

“I know...but something happened..” Jennie sighed, running a hand through Chaeyoung’s blonde hair.

 

“Hmm?” Jisoo raised a questioning brow, what could have possibly happened now?

 

“You see..”

 

“Hey Dara noona is Jen here?” A male voice, that Jennie recognizes from anywhere, suddenly stopped her words. Face cringing.

 

Of all days. Of course he would surprise me now! Jennie held back a groan.

 

“Oh Jongin what a surprise. I think Jen’s still changing. How’d you know she was here?” Dara laughed at the boy.

 

“I have my ways.” He cheekily replied, “Where’s Chu?” He asked, looking for his girlfriend’s best friend.

 

“Ah she got done first, but some of their friends came to visit as well...they should be around here somewhere...uhm ah there they are.” Sandara pointed to Jisoo.

 

“Is he why?” Jisoo pulled the girl closer.

 

“Yeah..he texted me, well Rosie, last night and…”

 

“Of course you didn’t tell her.” Jisoo mumbled, but Jennie heard it and was about to retort when Jongin smiled at the two, “Hey Chu.”

 

“Hey oppa..here to see Jen?” Jisoo tried to act cheery.

 

“Yeah, wanted to surprise her. It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other and neither of us had time to talk at all. Not even a text.” Jongin slightly whined, but then realized the tall blonde who was looking at him with an unreadable expression, “Oh uhm hi..sorry my name is Kim Jongin or Kai..whichever you prefer.” He smiled charmingly at the girl, who still looked at him blankly. Jongin thought it was weird that the girl didn’t even react to him at all. Usually they get all heart eyes when he smiles.

 

“Ah nice to meet you. I’m Park Chaeyoung.” Jennie introduced “herself.”

 

“Ah your friends with Chu and Jen?”

 

“Yep.” Jennie replied.

 

“I see.”

 

The entire exchange was awkward, and they all wanted to get out of the situation, thankfully Lisa came back and lightened up the air, especially since the two began to talk about dancing, letting Jisoo subtly drag Jennie to where Chaeyoung is.

 

“You need to go in there and tell her.”

 

“I know, that’s why I came here.”

 

“Then why are you still talking to me?”

 

“Alright fine fine, I’m going.” Jennie forced herself to knock.

 

“Who is it?” she heard her voice.

 

“It’s me.”

 

“Oh..come in.”

 

The door clicked, and Jennie let herself in.

 

“Well? What do you think?” Chaeyoung asked, spinning around. Jennie scrutinized the outfit on her body.

 

“Hmm...it looks good.” She smiled.

 

“Cool.” Chaeyoung smiled, turning her attention away from the girl in front of her, she spoke up, “Did you get my messages this morning?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Sweet. Sorry I haven’t checked your messages today, we were busy. But here.” Chaeyoung handed the phone to Jennie, “I feel weird responding to his texts..it’s a private matter between you guys.”

 

Taking the phone, Jennie set it aside, and tapped on the seat next to her.

 

“I need to tell you something.”

 

“Hmm..seems serious.” Chaeyoung chuckled, sitting next to the girl.

 

“It’s not that big of a deal, but I somehow feel bad that I didn’t mention this earlier...figured since we were both busy with work I could survive the 30 days without any communication.” Jennie began to ramble about her relationship with Jongin, and Chaeyoung was mesmerized, weirded out, and disappointed all at the same time..

 

Am I really mesmerized by me rambling cutely like that? Does she really have to go on and on about him? I just ….This is too weird..can it be midnight already? Glancing at the wall clock, Chaeyoung noticed that it was already 7 at night...5 more hours.

 

“Unnie chill...I understand why you kept it from me, I mean it’s your relationship after all. It’s your private life and I know this situation puts us in a weird situation, so don’t feel bad. It’s not like you killed someone in my body right?”

 

“Yeah..that’s right.” Jennie smiled, feeling relieved.

 

“Besides, in 5 hours we’ll switch back and maybe then you can facetime him or something. Seems like he really misses you.” Chaeyoung teased, wanting nothing more than to just switch back and run away from the older girl.

 

“Actually…” Jennie said in a higher tone.

 

“Please don’t tell me.”

 

“He came by to surprise me..” Jennie bit her lower lip.

 

“Unnie tell him to leave or something?” Chaeyoung panicked. She’s very much not interested in pretending to be interested in someone that’s in love with the same girl she is.

 

“Uhm Hello look at me. We literally just met, told him we were friends. How can I go out there and tell him to go? You need to do it.”

 

“No way...he’s not my boyfriend.”

 

“Yes he isn’t, but you're in my body and he’s mine.” Jennie replied, missing the split second look of heartbreak in her own eyes.

 

“Fine. What do you want me to tell him?”

 

“Just tell him you miss him too and that you’re busy.”

 

“Okay.” Chaeyoung sighed, getting up and heading towards the door.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie called out to the girl, she felt weird in her stomach all of a sudden.

 

“Hmm?” Chaeyoung turned around.

 

“We’re cool right?”

 

“Huh? Yeah, we’re cool unnie.” Chaeyoung smiled, before heading out.

 

You got this Chaeyoung..you got this. Chaeyoung pepped herself out before leaving the dressing room.

 

“Jen.” Jongin’s face lit up and rushed to the girl, pulling her in for a hug.

 

“I missed you”, he whispered in her ear, nuzzling closer.

 

“I missed you too.” Chaeyoung returned the hug and then pulled away, “What are you doing here?”

 

“I wanted to surprise my girl.” He smiled, wrapping an arm around her waist.

 

“Well consider me surprised.” Chaeyoung slightly chuckled, “But Chu and I are still in the middle of a shoot. I don’t know how long it’ll take.”

 

“That’s okay, I don’t mind waiting.”

 

“But I don’t want to bother you from your break. You need to rest too. Plus, Chu and I are going to hang out with our friends after.”

 

“Aww look at you worried for me. Don’t worry babe, seeing you makes the tiredness leave my body. Plus, I like Lisa and Chaeyoung they’re cool, maybe I can hang with you guys too?” Jongin insisted.

 

“I don’t know, we’re heading to their place tonight so…” Chaeyoung trailed off.

 

“Ah girls night okay I got it. But you owe me a date tomorrow okay?”

 

“Sure. Just text me okay? Now go, I have to get to work.” Chaeyoung was relieved when the photographer called them to start.

 

“Alright, I’ll call you later.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded and turned to leave when Jongin held her back. Turning around, the boy stole a quick peck on her lips before smiling and running off.

 

Chaeyoung was stunned, she was pissed and jealous all at the same time.

 

“Chae..you good?” Lisa came up to the girl, with Jennie right behind.

 

“Yeah, just wasn’t expecting that. Sorry unnie..I didn’t know he was..” Chaeyoung tried to explain.

 

“It’s fine Rosie. He’s playful like that, it’s my lips after all.” Jennie smiled.

 

“Right.” Chaeyoung nodded and Lisa just wanted to get her best friend out of there.

 

Just a few more hours Chae...just hold on then we can go back to normal..and hopefully you can move on. Lisa sighed watching her friend get to work. Jennie who heard the loud sigh turned to the dark haired girl.

 

“What’s up Lis?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Hmmm I think there’s something.” Jennie urged the girl.

 

“It’s nothing unnie..I’m probably just tired.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

After the shoot, the 4 girls piled into the van. Jisoo and Chaeyoung offered the two a ride back since it was getting late and the commute was quite far.

 

“So should we drop Lisa and Chaeyoung off first before heading home?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“No.”

 

Chaeyoung and Jennie spoke up at the same time and then turned to each other.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“No?”

 

“Just take us to the park near the dorm unnie.” Jisoo spoke up and Sandara nodded, deciding not to question the girls.

 

“Be safe girls. And you two sleep early, you still have to practice tomorrow.” Sandara reminded them before driving off.

 

“Lisa let’s go grab some snacks at the convenience store.” Jisoo hooked her arms around Lisa and dragged her off. Wanting to give the two some time to talk, she can tell that something was off with Chaeyoung but she couldn’t put her finger on it...

 

“There’s only 3 hours left.” Chaeyoung mentioned after the two left.

 

“Yeah..”

 

“Finally right?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

The two were so awkward. Not knowing what to say to the other for the first time in a while. Usually they could talk about anything and everything. Go from light conversations, small banter, then to those 2am deep conversations. But tonight, Chaeyoung decided to keep herself at arms length.

 

“Hey uhm tomorrow after our schedule, can we hang out?” Jennie asked nervously, wanting to see Chaeyoung in her own body as soon as possible.

 

“Well actually I think you might have a date tomorrow with Jongin oppa..it was how I got him to leave so quickly.” Chaeyoung explained and instead of feeling excited to go on a date with her boyfriend, Jennie felt dejected.

 

“Oh..then how about Monday after class, I know we’ll have a free day that day.”

 

“I already promised Jichu unnie that I'd hang out with her on Monday…”

 

Dammit Chu why you so fast to claim Rosie Time?! Jennie mentally face palmed herself.

 

“Then...Tuesday..we can have lunch.” The girl was determined.

 

“Uhm maybe. I’ll text you.” Chaeyoung replied trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

 

“Rosie..” Jenie frowned, it felt like Chaeyoung was so far from her, like a whole world away when she’s literally only 2 feet away.

 

“Hmm?”

Rather than replying, she pulled the girl into her embrace.

 

“I just wanted to hug myself.” Jennie chuckled.

 

“Oh..”

 

As the two pulled apart, Lisa and Jisoo came back.

 

“So we got the snacks.” Lisa lifted the two bags up.

 

The four girls spent the next hour walking around, eating the snacks, and just enjoying time as friends.

 

But of course, they had to bid goodbye.

 

When Lisa and Jennie got back, the blonde pulled the girl into a tight hug.

 

“Oh what’s this for?” Lisa asked, returning the hug.

 

“Thank you Lisa...for taking care of me so well and being such a good friend. I know that I can be difficult sometimes, but you still put up with me. I know I haven’t said this before but I’m here for you. You’ve become a really close friend. I’m going to miss hanging out with you everyday.” Jennie whispered in the girl’s ear.

 

“Oh no no no. You do not get to do this to me Jennie Kim.” Lisa began to tear up, tightening the hug.

 

“I’m going to miss you too. And just know that I’ll be here for you as well. Anytime anywhere. Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me.” Lisa smiled, pulling back.

 

“Dork.” Jenie chuckled, wiping the younger girl’s tears, “Take care of Rosie for me okay?”

 

“When do I not..and please take care of yourself okay? Don’t mind the haters and call us anytime.” Lisa assured the older girl, with a nod. Jennie smiled and the two bid there goodnights for the last time.

 

Like Lisa and Jennie, Chaeyoung and Jisoo were also saying their goodbyes.

 

“You have to make sure you take good care of yourself okay Chaeng.” Jisoo softly told the girl, while they were having a late night cup of tea.

 

“Jichu unnie… Thank you for taking care of me and watching out for me. I seriously don’t know what I would have done if I didn’t have you.”

 

“Aye we’re friends now Chae, I’ll take care of you even after you go back to your body. Yeah I was worried at first you know...but thank goodness that grandma chose a multi talented girl like yourself to be the one Jen switches with cause if not we would have been royally screwed.” Jisoo playfully chuckled.

 

“Yeah…” Chaeyoung trailed off.

 

“Hey Chae..can I ask you something personal?” Jisoo began, she has an inkling of what the answer might be… and after seeing the two tonight and how they were earlier at the park. Jisoo is sure she has the answer, but she wants to make sure.

 

“Sure what is it?”

 

“Do you have feelings for Jennie?”

 

A few beats pass and Chaeyoung still hasn’t spoken up.

 

“Actually…. You don’t have to answer that..I shouldn’t have asked.” Jisoo spoke up, feeling like the question was too personal.

 

“No it’s fine...I do..well I think I do..I don’t really know. I mean it’s weird because we’re literally living a whole freaky friday, but even though I see myself, it’s her personality that comes out. But even if I did...it’s not like I have a chance. She has Jongin oppa after all.” Chaeyoung forced a gummy smile.

 

“Yeah it is weird isn’t it?” Jisoo laughed, but she felt bad for the girl, “So, we still on for Monday?” She changed the topic.

 

“Yep! Well it’s getting late...better get some sleep before midnight.” Chaeyoung laughed lightly, “Goodnight unnie.”

 

“Hmm goodnight Chaeng.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Okay here's part two and all that I have written so far...the next part will focus on the two after switching back...since I haven't really written it out yet, tell me what you want to see...

 

I'm already planning to put in a possessive dumpling in there somewhere..maybe more than once hehehehe