Memories Pt. 11

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

-Beach Trip-

 

“Who was Chaeyoung’s fiancé?” I ask, watching as Jisoo and Seulgi turned to each other, as if they’re deciding if they should lie or tell the truth.

 

“Before that, I want to know something.” Jisoo speaks up, breaking the staring contest she was having with Seulgi.

 

“Okay.”

 

“If I tell you...you have to promise me to never tell her who your donor is.”

 

I frown...there’s only one person on this planet that would bring out Jisoo’s inner mama bear. “It’s Jennie..isn’t it?” I feel myself break a bit at the revelation….how can I tell her how I feel now?

 

God is this even my own feelings or is it Chaeyoung’s?

 

“You can’t tell her.”

 

“What?! Do you hear yourself?” Seulgi intervenes, “She deserves to know Chu.” Seulgi was adamant.

 

“How do you think she’ll react if she finds out that Rosie has her heart? Seul..she already lost this heart once.”

 

“Jisoo, it’ll be worse if Jennie finds out from someone other than Rosie.”

 

“But Seul…”

 

“Stop.” I finally spoke up and they both turned to me.

 

“Rosie.” They both speak at the same time.

 

“Chu...I promise you until she asks...I won’t tell her. But Seul is right, Jen deserves to know. She may have lost this heart’s previous owner once, but I’ll try my best to stay. She won’t lose it…” I smile, placing a hand over my heart.

 

I don’t think she’d let me be far from her anyways…

 

“Rosie..” Jisoo and Seulgi look at me, “You..do you..by chance..I mean we kinda noticed, but..” the two were talking over each other, stumbling over their words.

 

“I like her.” I admit, “At least I think I do.”

 

“You think?” Seulgi frowns.

 

“I mean now that I know and the things that I’ve been experiencing..I just..I’m not sure if it’s really me..or if it’s her. ”

 

“It’s you Roseanne. This..” Jisoo places a palm on my chest, “This is your heart now..it’s your emotions. Not hers, but yours. If you feel like this beats for her, then that’s your feelings. Not Chaeyoung’s.”

 

“But with these weird new habits and memories..I just..”

 

“No Rosie, listen to me...Yes okay you all gave us this sense of familiarity but it’s not because of her heart. I was trying to figure out why and it dawned on me recently...you and Chaeyoung, you both have the same vibe. You both make people around you feel comfortable. You both draw people in without knowing it. And that’s what happened with us.”

 

“But that..”

 

“Rosie, you unknowingly have helped all of us let her go...now it’s time for you to do the same, to let her go.”

 

“I agree with Chu Rosie..” Seulgi places an arm around my shoulders, “Let Chae go. She’s gone now and maybe once you do...then whatever these changes you think are happening to you might stop as well.”

 

Jisoo and Seulgi both talk like Suzy...telling me that this is all just a coping mechanism I’ve created..but how can I so closely resemble her..we only encountered each other briefly..

 

“I didn’t realize it when I first met her, but now that I look back...when I asked Chae if she knew me..I think she lied. I think she knew me somehow…” I admit to the two, who frowned.

 

“We’ve known Chae since primary school...so that’s not pos..”

 

“She had a secret.” I revealed, interrupting Seulgi.

 

“Chae told us everything.” Jisoo replies, and I shake my head, “No...I’m friends with her former therapist.”

 

“Therapist?”

 

“Yes, therapist...her name is Suzy.” I narrate the events that led up to me finding out about Chaeyoung’s secret.

 

“So this Suzy girl knows about Chaeyoung’s secret..”

 

“Mhm, and when I asked if it was connected to me she changed the topic...she told me of a dream Chaeyoung had the night before the accident...I just think it’s odd that she’s keeping this to herself.”

“Hmm that is odd...but what could it be and why is it related to you? I know everything about Chaeyoung, I was her best friend.” Seulgi proudly states.

 

“When we get back to Seoul, I’ll try asking her again.”

 

“That sounds like a good idea..but for now, can we just forget about the drama and have fun?” Jisoo finds her wide smile again.

 

“Yeah, but Rosie please..don’t be straining your heart remember what the doctor said.”

 

“Oh my gosh Seul, please I don’t need another Lisa.” I whine.

 

“Well too bad.” Seulgi stuck her tongue out at me.

 

“Wait what?” Jisoo looked at us and I motioned for Seulgi not to tell but that bear.

 

“Well since Chu already knows Rosie.” She smirks and told Jisoo what happened.

 

“Yeah no strenuous activity Rosie.”

 

“Guys seriously! I’ve ran for hours just fine….”

 

“Right okay...let’s get you back inside before you catch a cold.”

 

“Oh my gosh.” I whine, smiling.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Finally some peace and quiet.” Jennie sits besides me on the beach towel as I try to keep the bonfire we made earlier this evening alive.

 

“It’s almost 1 am, why are you still out here?” She asks.

 

“The same goes for you.”

 

“Touché Park.” Jennie giggles, leaning her head on my shoulder.

 

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” I ask.

 

“I couldn’t sleep, so I thought I’d go for a walk, but then I saw you here.”

 

“Do you want some warm milk? It usually helps.” I offer.

 

“No, let’s just stay like this for a bit.” She whispers, wrapping her arms around my waist.

 

“Okay.” I hum, sighing in contentment, my heart feels calm...I feel calm..she makes me feel calm.

 

“I know it’s not very cool.” I began to sing a Bruno Major song, “I'll put on my Sunday best/ You pick out your favorite dress/I'll take you somewhere new, I'll be old fashioned for you/It's a cliché, or so I'm told/To give your jacket up to someone when it's cold.” I continue singing, grabbing my cardigan that was laying beside me and draping over her shoulder. She chuckles at this, “Keep singing..” She whispers.

 

“But I don't care/I don't mind the midnight air..” I sing the whole song for her, “Old fashioned for you.”

 

“You have a beautiful voice Rosie.” Jennie lifts her head up from my shoulder, giving me her toothless smile, one eye smiling just a bit more than the other, that eventually turned into her signature gummy smile.

 

“Thanks.” I smiled, moving my gaze away from her.

 

A silence drapes over us. I don’t know what to say or do around her now.

 

“We should head inside. It’s getting late.” Jennie gets up, brushing away some of the sand from her shorts.

 

“You go ahead...I’ll stay here a bit longer.”

 

“Rosie..c’mon it’s getting cold.”

 

“I’ll be fine Jen.” I smile up at her.

 

“Please?”

 

“I’ll be right in after I put out the fire.” I try to convince her to go ahead without me, but in true Jennie Kim fashion, she grabs some sand and extinguishes the small flame.

 

“There it’s out.” She says proudly, rubbing the sand from her hand.

 

“Right..” I chuckle, finding her endearing as always. Letting her lead me back inside.

 

“Thanks for accompanying me.” I walk her to her room, which is right next to mine and Lisa’s.

 

“Not like I had a choice.” She teases and I roll my eyes playfully.

 

“Goodnight Jenjen.” I pat her head, my eyes never leaving hers.

 

And I don’t know who leaned in first, but I do know that her lips feel just as soft as I thought they would.

 

“Goodnight.” Jennie pulls away first, leaving me stunned in front of her room.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

“What? You guys what?” Lisa, Jisoo, Seulgi, and Joohyun were shocked after finally revealing to them why I’m lowkey putting a distance between me and Jennie.

 

“No wonder she’s been so sulky lately. You guys kissed and you essentially ghosted her. Look who’s a player.” Seulgi teases.

 

“It’s not like that, okay.” I groan.

 

“Rosie, it’s been like 2 weeks since then. And I thought we talked about this already, these are your feelings not Chaeyoung’s..” Jisoo frowns and the others nod.

 

After the trip, the five of us discussed things and...well I’ve finally let Chaeyoung go too..and actually there has been a huge difference. I haven’t been painting like her anymore, my left hand is practically useless again, although I can still tolerate some forms of that dreaded avocado.

 

“It’s not that..I just..it could have meant nothing to her, what if we were just having a moment? I mean is she even over Chaeyoung? You guys told me yourselves that she’s only now recently opened up again..Like does she even like me like that?” I let out all my frustrations.

 

“Why don’t you go tell her that? You’re both adults Rosie.” Joohyun lectures me.

 

“But I don’t want it to be awkward between us...look I think it really was just an in the moment thing...but that’s not why we’re here..I talked to Suzy again.” I tell them and the air shifts.

 

“Did she finally tell you about the secret?”

 

“She did.”

 

“Well????” the others were on the edge of their seats.

 

“I can’t tell you yet.”

 

“WHAT? ROSIE!” They yelled at me, luckily we’re in our usual private room at Cosmos.

 

“Yo parasites, your meal is here!” Yongsun, followed by Moonbyul, entered, the two looking at me longer than necessary.

 

“Seriously you guys need to have lunch elsewhere every now and then. We’ll go bankrupt with all the food Seulgi and Rosie eat.” Moonbyul teases.

 

“Is something on my face Yong?” I ask after noticing them staring while we placed the food on the table from Yongsun’s cart.

 

“No..nothing.” Yongsun awkwardly laughs, “You guys enjoy..just let us know if you need any..”

“You heard.” Lisa speaks up, the rest of us looking at the couple, “How much?” Jisoo asks.

 

“From the beginning…” They admit.

 

“Well there’s no use denying it.” I smile, “I was the one involved in the accident with Chaeyoung...I was the one that received her heart.”

 

“Ohh Rosie.” The playful couple embrace me tightly, I can tell they were crying, not ugly sobbing like Seulgi and Jisoo were, but still…

 

“This doesn’t change how we see you..or feel about you..You are our friend, with or without her heart.” Moonbyul whispers, Yongsun nodding in agreement.

 

“I know..and I’m sorry...for keeping this from you..” I apologize.

 

“Don’t..it’s a personal matter and I’m sure you would have told us eventually right?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Okay...now about this secret.” Yongsun and Moonbyul sit down on the empty chairs.

 

“Look guys...until I know for sure...I can’t say anything, so please be patient.”

 

“Rosie...my gut is telling me that this is something bad...and if it can affect you negatively in any way then..”

 

“Lili.” I interrupt Lisa, “It’s not bad...but there’s more questions than answers. Suzy and I will work on this..and I promise you all that I will tell you once I know the truth.”

 

“Okay..” they chorused.

 

“Just, be careful...please.” Seulgi looks at me with worried eyes.

 

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine.”

 

“Alright you guys better start eating before it gets cold.” Yongsun says, lifting the mood up.

 

“Yeah let’s, I still have a shoot after this and I want to get started early. Jendeukie is blowing up my phone and my gut is telling me that she’ll be interrupting again today.” Jisoo chuckles, and the others all look at me.

 

“Okay okay, I’ll talk to her sheesh.” They all laugh, the heavy air replaced by laughter.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Okay I wasn’t going to update today because I wanted to focus on Rosie...but I had most of this written out already and since I’m just streaming I thought okay let’s finish this and post it.

 

Moonbyul and Yongsun are next to find out...which leaves Rosie’s team and Jennie left..I think you guys can figure out who will find out next.

 

So..this chapter goes back to the beach trip and before the two got together..hopefully answering some things not addressed in part 10. I also made Rosie let go of Chae in this chapter, because I wanted her to have that settled before her and Jennie got together.

 

Hopefully it was obvious that this is somewhat of a flashback chapter in Rosie’s POV. Honestly, I wanted to put this before Jennie’s, but I wanted you guys to mull on what happened at the beach a bit...plus I wanted to give some cute moments.

 

Like always let me know what you think.

 

And keep streaming On The Ground and Gone

 

Bye bye~