You

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

Park Chaeyoung isn’t usually a judgemental person; however, staring at the girls on stage answering a fan’s question on why they wanted to pursue being a singer, she couldn’t help the frown from spreading across her face.

 

“I can’t with them pretending like they actually enjoy music rather than fame.” Chaeyoung scoffed, but it was loud enough for her best friend, Lisa, to hear.

 

“Chong-ah I know how you feel about the whole idol industry, but can you at least be subtle about it? I really don’t want to die in the hands of these fans.” Lisa quickly pulled her best friend close to her.

 

“And you Lalisa Manoban, dragged me out here to listen to this nonsense.” Chaeyoung huffed.

 

“Chaeyoung, you know how harsh idols have it before they actually debut, and even then it’s not a guarantee, some don’t even last a year. Don’t you think that if they didn’t like music, they would go through all the harshness of being a trainee?” Lisa countered, she knows how passionate Chaeyoung is about music, and seeing companies spit out idol groups like watermelon seeds infuriates her. Chaeyoung knows the difficulties idols had to go through to debut and she also knows that some of them genuinely are passionate about music. But she’s put-off because some of the companies won’t even take the artists' consideration into the production of their songs. But the reason why she’s so bitter towards the industry aside from the music is because she has also personally seen how being an idol can be detrimental to a person’s mental state.

 

“I know Lis, I know that they may like music and enjoy it...but I wish that they would not just like music but truly love it. Understand how music can connect us.” Chaeyoung finished her little rant and Lisa just looked at her friend with an understanding smile.

 

“I get you Chae. I feel the same about dance.” Lisa smiled, turning her attention to the group on the stage who are now playing games with some of the fans.

 

Chaeyoung looked up on the stage, her eyes briefly catching the eyes of the cat-eyed idol who beamed a smile at her, not bothering to smile back, Chaeyoung turned her attention back to Lisa.

 

“Lis I gotta go, promised Wannie that I’d help out at the cafe today.” Chaeyoung tapped Lisa on her shoulder who just gave her best friend an ok sign.

 

Once out of the crowded stadium, Chaeyoung quickly went towards Wen’s, a small cafe near the university’s campus.

 

The ringing of the bell above the door, got the attention of the barista who smiled at the blonde.

 

“Hey Chaeng, you're here. Wendy’s in the kitchen.” Bona smiled, in the middle of making a cup of coffee. With a nod and smile, Chaeyoung proceeded to the kitchen.

 

“Wannie, I’m here.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Hey there chipmunk, just in time. I was just about to head out. Thanks again for helping close tonight.”

 

“Ayy no big deal, plus I love spending time here and my pay is great.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“I pay you in food, but whatever floats your boat.” Wendy smiled at her adorable cousin.

 

“Exactly, the best form of payment for a poor college student like me.”

 

“Poor my .” Wendy rolled her eyes, while taking the apron off and putting it around Chaeyoung, “Anyways, take care and try not to eat everything okay?”

 

“No promises.” Chaeyoung chuckled, before turning her attention on the pastries Wendy was working on.

 

“Alright, well see you later Chaeng.” Chaeyoung hummed in response, already focused on decorating.

 

After Chaeyoung finished in the kitchen she went out to the front counter.

 

“It’s probably going to be dead tonight, thanks to the special concert at the university.” Bona voiced out, while surveying the empty cafe.

 

“Really?”

 

“Mhm it’s always slow, the kids spend all day jamming out and once it’s over realize they have projects and exams to study for and rush back to the dorms.” Bona chuckled,

 

“Speaking from experience I see.” Chaeyoung quipped, barely dodging Bona’s light punch.

 

“Yeah well it’s true.”

 

The hours passed, and Chaeyoung learned that Bona was right...the cafe was dead. There’s been 5 customers since Bona left and Chaeyoung was starting to get bored.

 

“I guess, I’ll start cleaning up a little bit.” Chaeyoung talked to herself before, going to the back room and grabbing the mop.

 

Chaeyoung had just finished cleaning when she suddenly heard loud screaming. Peering out the cafe’s giant window, Chaeyoung could make out someone being chased by a mob.

 

“What the?” Chaeyoung muttered, before quickly locking the front door and drawing the shades of the windows. Rushing to the back door, Chaeyoung waited in the alleyway, and when the stranger running was within arm’s reach, she grabbed her by the arm and quickly pulled her away from whoever was chasing after her.

 

The stranger was in so much shock that she couldn’t even fathom what just happened, because a few seconds ago she was running from a bunch of crazy fans and now she’s trapped in someone’s warm embrace, shielding her from the world. Looking up, the girl found herself drawn to the strangers dark eyes.

 

Chaeyoung heard the grumbles of the crowd, loitering near them, so she led the stranger inside the back door of the cafe.

 

Once inside, the stranger finally got a grip of the situation and quickly backed away from Chaeyoung.

 

“Look, I don’t know why you’re being chased but you can stay here.” Chaeyoung spoke before the stranger could get a word out.

 

“I..uh. Thanks.” A feminie voice came out of the stranger and Chaeyoung swore she’s heard that voice before.

 

“No worries, I’m Chaeyoung by the way, Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“Nice to meet you.” The stranger removed her hoodie that was covering her face and for a moment Chaeyoung was stunned by the girl’s beauty, “I’m Jennie, Jennie Kim.”

 

“Nice to meet you, anyways you can take a seat. Do you want something to eat or drink?” Chaeyoung asked after her soul returned to her body.

 

“Just water is fine.” Jennie smiled, her eyes wandering around the cafe, “Is this place yours?”

 

“Nah, my cousin’s actually. I’m just helping her out.” Chaeyoung smiled, before placing the glass of water and a small slice of strawberry cheesecake topped with ice cream. Jennie raised a brow at this.

 

“You looked like you needed a pick-me up.” Chaeyoung explained, “Anyways, why were you being chased anyways?”

 

“Huh?” Jennie was confused, she thought it was pretty obvious why.

 

Taking a bite out of the cheesecake, “Wow this is really good.” Jennie exclaimed then asked, “Do you really not know who I am?” Chaeyoung smiled sheepishly, “Um..well you just told me, your Jennie Kim. Should I know more?” the girl felt shy, slightly tilting her head trying to think if she knew a “Jennie Kim” before.

 

“No no.” Jennie smiled to herself, confusing the taller girl,

 

“Anyways, thanks for hiding me here, but my ride is here. Bye!” Jennie quickly, spoke before jumping out of her seat and rushing to the front door, only to find it locked.

 

“Here, let me get that.” Chaeyoung lightly chuckled, opening the door for the girl and watching her run out.

 

“What a weird girl.” Chaeyoung smiled to herself, before finally closing up for the night.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Days passed since the encounter between Chaeyoung and Jennie. Chaeyoung was going on about her days as usual, but Jennie had a hard time focusing.

 

“Hey Jen, you good? You’ve been out of it lately.” Jisoo asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m good...hey Chu remember that college festival we performed at?”

 

“Ah at Yonsei! Yeah why?”

 

“Do you remember the cafe you guys picked me up from..you know after the whole mob thing?”

 

“Oh uhm I don’t know. You guys?” Jisoo turned to the other members.

 

“I don’t remember the name, but it was right next to the main entrance.” Yeri spoke up.

 

“Why?” Joy asked with a smirk that just screams trouble.

 

“Nothing, just curious..they had a really good strawberry cheesecake.”

 

“But you don’t like sweets.” Irene noted.

 

“I think something happened inside that cafe.” Now it was Jisoo.

 

“Nothing happened really. Again, I’m just curious.” Jennie grumbled, trying to get away from her teasing members.

 

Later that evening, Jennie couldn’t sit still. The image of the barista at the cafe not leaving her mind.

 

“I must be going crazy.” Jennie tossed and turned, before finally getting up and leaving their dorm.

 

Jennie really had no intentions of going anywhere, she just walked and walked trying to clear her head. She had been distracted since the cafe incident with Chaeyoung. It was brief and they barely had a conversation, but it was nice. Being around the girl made Jennie feel calm.

 

The burnette had probably been wondering around for over an hour now, when her silent prayer was answered. There outside the convenience store with a plethora of snacks around her was the blonde barista that Jennie could not stop thinking about. Now, Jennie was by far not one to usually strike up a conversation with anyone unless it was required for work, but here she is walking towards the girl.

 

“Hey, Chaeyoung right?” Jennie softly chuckled, seeing the girl’s cheeks full.

 

She looks like a Chipmunk...cute. Jennie wanted to reach out and pinch those cute cheeks so much.

 

“Oh hi.” Chaeyoung smiled, remembering the pretty girl that was being chased by a mob, “Want to sit down?” the taller girl motioned for Jennie to take the seat in front of her,which of course the brunette complied.

 

“So what’s with the late night meal?” Jennie asked, gesturing to the ramen, sandwiches, and kimbap that is currently being devoured by the blonde.

 

“I was hungry and didn’t have anything at home...want some?” Chaeyoung offered a piece of her sandwich.

 

“I’m good.” Jennie declined the offer.

 

“If you're sure, anyways what are you doing here Jennie?” Chaeyoung asked, her brain finally remembering the girl’s name, totally surprising the brunette.

 

“You know me now?”

 

“You told me your name when we met dork.” Chaeyoung laughed.

 

“That’s right, I did..didn’t I.” Jennie laughed along with the girl, the two getting really comfortable with each other.

 

“Sooo, why are you out here so late?” Chaeyoung asked while finishing the last bit of her meal.

 

“I don’t even know. I just couldn’t sleep I guess. I don’t even know how long I’ve been walking.” Jennie admitted.

 

“That’s not good. It’s dangerous to be out alone at night you know.” Chaeyoung frowned.

 

“I can say the same to you.”

 

“Yeah, but I drove here. C’mon I’ll take you home.” Chaeyoung got up.

 

“You don’t have to.” Jennie felt nervous, she wasn’t thinking about it before, but now she’s worried that the media might catch her.

 

“I want to, plus it’s not safe, it's almost midnight Ms. Kim. Now C’mon.” Chaeyoung grabbed Jennie’s hand and led her to her car. Opening the passenger door for the girl.

 

“Nice car.” Jennie commented, after Chaeyoung got inside her Tesla.

 

“Yeah, it was a gift.” Chaeyoung chuckled awkwardly, “So just uhm type in your address.” The blonde diverted the topic.

 

“Oh you live there?” Chaeyoung was surprised once she read the address Jennie had put in.

 

“Yeah why?”

 

“I do too.” Chaeyoung replied, before driving off.

 

“Alright who are you really?” Jennie turned to Chaeyoung while the girl was driving them home.

 

“Uhm I told you Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“I got that, but how can a part timer at a cafe afford to live in Seoul’s most expensive condo complex? Not to mention this car, yes it was a gift...but who are you really?” Jennie asked with a raised brow. There was too much mystery around the blonde. Initially, Jennie had thought she was just a part timer probably going to school as well...but now it’s clear there is more to this girl then meets the eye.

 

“Maybe if we meet again...I’ll tell you.” Chaeyoung smiled, as she pulled up into the complex’s underground garage. Parking the car, Chaeyoung shut the engine off and opened the car door for Jennie.

 

“Well since we live in the same complex, there is a big chance we’ll see each other again.” Jennie winked, before walking inside, once again leaving Chaeyoung smiling to herself.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

It’s been a few weeks since Jennie and Chaeyoung last saw each other. The two were both busy with their own lives and although lived in the same complex, they never ran into each other again...until today that is.

 

Jennie was walking her dog, Kuma, when he suddenly began tugging at his leash towards a certain direction.

 

“Kuku hey what is it?” Jennie allowed the dog to lead her somewhere, the dog then started to bark, catching the girl playing her violin by surprise. Turning around the two girls were wide eyed when they saw each other.

 

“Jennie?”

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

Kuma just stared between Jennie and Chaeyoung, picking him up into her arms Jennie whispered, “Good boy Kuku.”

 

“Hey fancy meeting you here.” Jennie smiled

 

“Yeah, what’s with us and our random meetings?” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, walking closer to Jennie and Kuma, “Can I pet your dog?” Chaeyoung gestured towards Kuma.

 

“Sure, he was adamant about heading towards this direction, must have known someone wanted to pet him.” Jennie jokes, while Chaeyoung cooed at the adorable pomeranian.

 

“Ah what great sense you have there little guy. What’s his name?” Chaeyoung asked, turning her head to Jennie.

 

“Kuma.”

 

“Cute name, it suits him. Anyways, have you eaten? I was just about to grab some food...want to come?”

 

“Sure!” Jennie smiled.

 

“So tell me...who are you really?”

 

“Hmm?” Chaeyoung looked at the girl confused.

 

“I mean you did tell me that if we met again you’d spill. I’m just cashing that in.” Jennie chuckled, taking a tissue and wiping the sauce from the corner of Chaeyoung’s mouth.

 

“Ah okay well.” Chaeyoung began but her phone ran, interrupting her, “I’m sorry.. I have to take this. Excuse me”

 

The phone call didn’t last long, but it was urgent and Chaeyoung had to go.

 

“Sorry Jennie...I have to go..will you be fine by yourself? I could give you a ride back to the complex if you’d like.” Chaeyoung offered.

 

“It’s okay Chaeyoung...go ahead.”

 

“Okay..well see you around.” Chaeoyung smiled and ran off.

 

Only when did Jennie lose sight of the blonde hair did she realize that she should have asked for the girl’s number

 

~ ~ ~ ~

“You should be careful around her Jen..” Irene frowned, after Jennie told the girls about Chaeyoung.

 

“I have to agree with Irene here...it’s just too much of a coincidence Jendeuk.” Jisoo nodded, plopping down on the couch next to Jennie.

 

“Yeah Jen what if she’s a stalker or something..I mean how is it possible that you two met coincidentally what three times...and she also lives in the same complex..there’s too much of a coincidence..” Joy agreed with the two older girls.

 

“I don’t think she’s dangerous or a stalker. I mean she told unnie the car was a gift..that’s a clue that she probably comes from a pretty affluent family right? Plus, we just moved into this complex earlier this year...what if unnie’s mystery girl has been living here all her life? And the park is a public space..and it was Kuma that led unnie to her.. I don’t think we should make assumptions.” Yeri spoke up being the voice of reason...for once.

 

Jisoo and Irene were about to speak up again, when the doorbell rang.

 

“I’ll get it.” Jennie got up, wanting to get away from their mini interrogations.

 

“Oh Seulgi.” Jennie greeted the two letting them inside.

 

“Irene it’s for you.” Jennie smirked, seeing the older girl instantaneously smile at their guest.

 

“Morning baby why are you here so early?” Irene greeted her girl, with a tight hug.

 

“Good morning. Actually, I was with Wendy, we went here to visit her cousin.” Seulgi replied about to say something else but at the mention of Wendy, Irene took a step back and frowned, “You mean your ex? That Wendy.”

 

“Joohyun….we’re best friends. Yes, we dated but it was literally for a month. We were and are better as just friends. Okay?” Seulgi cupped Irene’s cheeks looking deeply into the girl’s eyes.

 

“Here we go again.” Joy sighed, while Yeri and Jisoo chuckled to themselves.

 

“How many times do they go through this every time Wendy is mentioned?” Jennie asked, shaking her head.

 

“The four of you.” Irene looked at her members with a slight glare.

 

“Chill Hyun...anyways, Seulgi I didn’t know Wendy’s cousin lived here.” Jisoo spoke up.

 

“Oh yeah, she just moved into this building a few weeks ago. Finally leaving the nest.” Seulgi chuckled, “Actually, that’s what I came here for...we’re doing a little breakfast thing with Chae and I told Wendy you lived here and she asked me to invite you guys over.”

 

“Free food? Yeah let’s go.” Yeri and Joy were already heading to the front door, dragging Jennie and Jisoo with them.

 

“So?” Seulgi looked at her girl.

 

“I can’t say no, those kids are already out the door and they don’t even know where they’re going.” Irene cutely huffed.

 

“Stop being jealous, besides Wendy is dating someone else, Eunji, I think that’s her name.” Seulgi lightly pecked Irene’s lips before heading towards the door where the four children have been hollering for them to hurry up.

 

“Here we are Unit 21197.” Seulgi rang the bell and felt Irene’s hold on her arm tightened when Wendy opened the door, “Hey guys come in, Chaeng should be out in a minute. Don’t worry she knows we invited you all.” Wendy smiled.

 

The girls entered the spacious unit and it’s definitely a big space for one person.

 

“Damn, is your cousin loaded or something unnie?” Yeri asked, the furnishing was on point very minimalistic but comfy.

 

“Ah well..” Wendy chuckled lightly, “Ah, guys by the way this is Jung Eunji, my girlfriend.” Wendy made it a point to emphasize the girlfriend part to Irene. The others caught on quickly, trying to quietly snicker on the side.

 

“Nice to meet you Eunji.” Irene smiled, sending her friends a look.

 

“Wow it should be me saying that, didn’t know that I’d be having breakfast with BV.” Eunji returned the smile, waving at the other girls.

 

“Ahh yeah...Seulgi and Irene have been friends since before they debuted so..” Wendy reasoned, since the girls still had to keep their relationship a secret. Stupid public opinions but well what could they do.

 

“CHONG-AH I BROUGHT YOU BACK SOMETHING FROM..” Lisa stopped talking when she saw the 8 people inside her best friend’s unit. Wendy, Eunji, and Seulgi Lisa recognized having met them before; however the 5 very famous people were new. Quickly, Lisa grabbed Wendy and pulled her away from the group.

 

“Wen...that’s BV right? Right?” Lisa was trying not to freak out.

 

“Yeah..uhm Seulgi is friends with Irene and we thought the more the merrier.”

 

“Why didn’t you give me a heads up I’m literally in my pjs.” Lisa pouted, and Wendy chuckled lightly, “It’s okay you still look good Lis. C’mon I’ll introduce you.”

 

After all the introductions and pleasantries the owner of the place finally left her bedroom.

 

“Sorry to keep you guys...Jennie?” Chaeyoung was shocked to see the girl in her living room.

 

“Chaeyoung? You’re Wendy’s cousin?” Jennie looked at Chaeyoung then at Wendy. While her other members looked at the two.

 

“She’s the mystery girl.” Yeri whispered, and the 3 older members nodded their heads in agreement.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

As the days, weeks, and months flew by Jennie and Chaeyoung have grown considerably closer. So close in fact that their friends are questioning what the real score is between the two, but of course the two would laugh it off insisting they’re just friends.

 

“Hey Bona, is Wannie in the back?” Chaeyoung was once again at Wen’s to help out.

 

“I think in her office. She finished the pastries for the day. Huh? Where’s your friend?” Bona replied wiggling her eyebrows teasingly, before turning her attention back to the cup of coffee in her hands.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you guys we’re just friends.” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“Sure okay. Keep telling yourself that Chae.”

 

“It’s true.”

 

“Mhm okay. Got it. Now head up to your cousin.” Bona chuckled.

 

“I just said...fine.” Chaeyoung sighed, going towards the back staircase.

 

“Wan?” Chaeyoung knocked on the door and peeked her head inside.

 

“Hey Chae, you’re here early, Where’s your girl?” Wendy smiled trying to find the shorter brunette who usually goes where the blonde goes whenever her schedule permits. Even hiding out at the cafe’s kitchen just to stay close.

 

“Not you too Wendy…” Chaeyoung groaned.

 

“What? I didn’t say anything.” Wendy chuckled

 

“How many times do I have to tell everyone that Jennie and I are just friends. Nothing less nothing more.”

 

“Really? Cause it doesn’t look like that you know.”

 

“What does it look like?”

 

“Like you two are so into each other that none of us would be surprised if you decide to skip the dating thing and get married tomorrow.” Wendy laughed loudly, while Chaeyoung turned a deep shade of red.

 

“WENDY!” The blonde whined, “Trust me...Jennie and I will only ever be friends.”

 

“Not this again Chae.” Wendy sighed.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing...just do what makes you happy.”

 

“I am.”

 

“That’s good. Hey, thanks again for helping out.”

 

“You know I love it here. It’s like my own little safe space. It helps me forget things...even if it’s just for a little bit.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Chaeyoung...you know there’s always...”

 

“It’s fine. Just a little stressed out.” Chaeyoung interrupted the older girl and Wendy just let her be.

 

“Okay fine...but I’m here okay? If you need anything.”

 

“I know.. Thanks.” Chaeyoung smiled, before heading down to help Bona at the counter.

 

The cafe was busier today since it was a weekend. Usually, Bona and Luna would be working the counter while Wendy and Yongsun worked in the back, but Luna had an emergency today and Yongsun was on a trip with her girlfriend so Chaeyoung came to help out.

 

“Hey Chaeng? Chaeng? Park Chaeyoung. Hey. You here?” Bona nudged the blonde who was too deep in thought to notice anyone calling out to her.

 

“Huh? Oh sorry..I was just lost in thought.” Chaeyoung sheepishly smiled, rubbing the back of her neck shyly.

 

“I noticed, want to share?” Bona asked, the cafe only had a few customers, mostly students with weekend classes.

 

“It’s nothing. I’m probably just tired from work.”

 

Bona looked at the girl, noticing how troubled she looks, “Chaeyoung...you know we’re here right? If you need anything.” Bona smiled, patting the girl’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah...it’s fine. Just taking it one day at a time.” Chaeyoung smiled, with that Bona let the girl go, knowing that she won’t be able to force anything out of her.

 

As the day passed, Chaeyoung once again found herself alone at Wen’s to close up. Bona insisted on staying with her, even though her shift ended an hour earlier, but Chaeyoung urged the girl to go.

 

So now, Chaeyoung is waiting for the clock to strike 10PM so she can officially close the cafe and finish the closing process. But, of course, a customer would walk in at 9:59PM.

 

“Hi welcome to Wen’s.” Chaeyoung smiled at the last customer.

 

“Hey.” the customer chuckled and Chaeyoung knew right away who it was.

 

“What’s up Jen.” Chaeyoung chuckled, going around the counter and closing the doors for the night. She’s closed up with Jennie in the cafe before.

 

“Nothing, I just wanted to see you. We haven’t seen each other in a while, with my schedule so packed and you so busy with work.” Jennie huffed, grabbing a fork and taking a bite of the strawberry cheesecake Chaeyoung placed for her.

 

“Right..sorry..” Chaeyoung apologized, leaning her elbows on the counter and taking a bite of the cheesecake as well.

 

“Hey! That’s my cake.”

 

“Which I gave you.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly.

 

“Tsk just wait til I tell Wendy her part timer is being rude to customers.” Jennie teased.

 

“You’re not a customer if the cafe is closed now are you?” Chaeyoung teased back.

 

“Tch, whatever. Anyways, I came here to ask if you’re free tomorrow?”

 

“You could have just texted or called you know? But I think I’m free in the afternoon, why?” Chaeyoung asked, as she finished mopping the floors, while Jennie just kept watching the younger girl with adoration in her eyes.

 

“I noticed that you’ve been spacing out more and you look like you're stressed about something. I didn’t want to push you to tell me...so I thought we can hang out and just have fun. Get your mind off of whatever it is...that is if you want to...or maybe we can talk? I..” Jennie paused, slightly getting lost in Chaeyoung’s eyes, “I..I’m just worried about you…”

 

“It's that obvious?” Chaeyoung asked moving her gaze away from Jennie while placing the mop back in the bucket and wheeling it back to the closet.

 

“It is.”

 

“I guess...that’d be nice...to talk..maybe it’ll help clear things up.” Chaeyoung agreed.

 

“Okay.” Jennie nodded her head, trying to keep her smile from widening too much, “Now let’s head back home together? I noticed you didn’t bring your car.” Jennie commented.

 

“Sure Jen. Whatever you want.”

 

“Perfect.” Jennie beamed, latching onto Chaeyoung’s arm and leading her towards the employee entrance in the back.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“You know I didn’t like you at first.” Chaeyoung admitted, much to the surprise of the shorter girl. The two were currently at Chaeyoung’s unit enjoying some light chatter after having the home cooked meal Chaeyoung had prepared.

 

“Huh?” Jennie raised a brow, “We literally had like a 15 minute encounter. What did I do for you to have such an impression?” She asked curiously.

 

“Actually it’s more of the idol culture...not just you.” Chaeyoung began, Jennie stayed mum waiting for the blonde to continue, “Okay well...I’m Park Chaeyoung.” Chaeyoung deadpanned as if it would lead to some great revelation.

 

“Yes we’ve established that months ago.” Jennie chuckled.

 

“No Jen..the reason why I’ve been so secretive with my work, family, and some of the other aspects of myself is precisely because I’m Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“You’re def confusing me here Chae.”

“How about if I say that I’m Roseanne Park.” Chaeyoung nibbled on her lower lip, and Jennie’s widened eyes told the girl that she finally understood what Chaeyoung was trying to get at.

 

“You’re that Roseanne Park, the daughter of Sandara Park..also known as Dara literally one of the biggest names in the industry, THAT Roseanne Park?!” Jennie looked at the girl with wide eyes, how can she not recognize the girl when she is literally Dara’s biggest fan. Then again, Sandara had always been secretive in her personal life. They only know that she had a daughter at a young age. And only baby photos of the girl remain.

 

“Yeah..she’s my mom.”

 

“I--- wow that’s..I love your mom.” Jennie’s inner fangirl came out before she could stop herself.

 

“Thanks..so do millions of other people.” Chaeyoung jokes to lighten the air.

 

“Sorry..I..how does that correlate to..”

 

“When mom first began, she already had me. She was literally a nobody... but she kept pursuing her dreams because she loved music. I learned to love music because she was so passionate about it. My mom loves music and performing...unfortunately, the toll of being an idol was more detrimental. Growing up I watched as the industry continued to rip her through shreds. Judging everything and anything, she and a lot of other artists did. But she overcame that because my mom loves music and she obviously won the public over. She became the best of the best. But then idol groups began to boom and it became the “thing” to pursue for money. I remember going to some of the shows and hearing groups talk about how much money they will get after this, some complaining because they weren’t getting as much, etc. And then I’d see the same people on tv acting like they're passionate about music. But it’s just for the money. I know it's not everyone..but yeah...I just wish people in the industry pursue it because they love music. Because music heals.” Chaeyoung finished and Jennie felt her blood run cold, because Chaeyoung just described her to a tee.

 

Jennie didn’t come from a well-off family. She was smart and witty, but she knew she wanted more in life. She wanted to live the high life and when she was scouted on the street, she decided why not, being famous seemed like it would give her an easy life. So she persevered through being a trainee and finally debuting. She kept the facade of being passionate about music, learning the guitar and piano (even though she didn’t want to), because she was living the life that people would kill to have. She hid this part of her well, and now listening to Chaeyoung basically condemn people like that...it just makes Jennie want to vanish into thin air and to make it worse..the blonde just had to add, “But I know you’re not one of those people Jennie...I know you love your music very much and I adore that about you.”

 

“How do you know that I love music?” Jennie asked sincerely curious, because to her it’s just a job that pays her well.

“I can sense it. I’ve looked up some of your performances and you have the emotion and when you talk about your songs...I can tell it’s not what the company had you memorize. It’s your own honest opinion. There’s more subtle things you do..but yeah.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, why am I wrong?” Chaeyoung asked in a teasing tone.

 

“What if you are?” Jennie asked in a serious tone, “What if I’m one of those people you hate?”

 

“But you're not.” Chaeyoung looked so sincere and Jennie wanted to lie but she couldn’t...not when Chaeyoung was looking at her so softly like that.

 

“But I am Chae.” Jennie said in the softest voice possible.

 

“What?”

 

“I became an idol because I wanted to live a life where money won’t be a problem. I didn’t pursue it because of music or because I love performing. I did it because of…”

 

But Jennie’s blabbering was caught off when Chaeyoung suddenly threw her arms around the girl, “Shhh..don’t cry.” Chaeyoung patted the girl’s back tenderly, Jennie didn’t even realize she was already crying, nor why she was in the first place. Was it the guilt? Or shame? Or something else?

 

“You’re a horrible liar you know. Look it may have started out that way for you, but you should see yourself when you talk about music Jen...Lisa mentioned that you can rival my passion.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, while Jennie gripped onto the blonde tighter.

 

“Chae...I’m serious.”

 

“Yeah okay, there’s people that also do it for money and learn to enjoy the music. I’ve seen that too..And that’s okay. Like I said, it’s not everyone...and it’s my own opinion and I have been trying to not be too judgy on idols since we’ve met.” Chaeyoung admitted, “You mean a lot to me Jen..and I’m glad you told me this.”

 

“You’re not mad that I pretended?” Jennie asked, sniffling cutely.

 

“No silly, I’m glad you told me the truth.” Chaeyoung wiped away Jennie’s tears, “I can never be mad at you.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/n: Okay this is very short but that’s because I found this in my drafts and I cannot for the life of me remember where I was going with this...so I’m like this is a good stopping point and a good chance for me to ask...what should happen next? Let’s think of it as an interactive story :)