Memories Pt. 12

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

“Well?” The others who know ask as they all gathered inside Roseanne’s condo again.

 

“You know barging in here every weekend isn’t going to change anything right?” Rosesanne replies, grabbing one of the donuts they brought, “But thanks for the food as always.”

 

“Rosie c’mon.” They whine.

 

“Trust me...okay?”

 

“See you keep saying that..and it’s making us all anxious.” Lisa starts, “Even Hyeri and them are asking for updates.”

 

“I knew I shouldn’t have told them...just give me some more time..we’re almost there.” Roseanne reassures her friends again.

 

“Okay...just try not to spend too much time with Suzy.” Jisoo speaks up.

“Huh?” Roseanne looks at Jisoo confused.

 

“Jen’s been noticing.”

 

“Noticing what?”

 

“When was the last time you took her out or spent time with just the two of you?” Jisoo asked and the others looked at Roseanne with a tense expression.

 

“Look Rosie, Jen was never the jealous type, it was usually Chae but it’s different with you...she’s very possessive of you.” Joohyun spoke up before Roseanne could.

 

“But we just had dinner last night and I’ve been texting her consistently.” Roseanne defends.

 

“She’s been bugging me about it too.” Seulgi adds and the others chorus in agreement.

 

“Yeah Rosie...she’s even barged into the studio a few times asking what’s up with you.” Lisa gave her best friend an awkward smile.

 

“That’s why we’re so pushy with you telling us so we can help you distract Jen a bit longer.”

 

“I’ll talk to her okay? But I can’t tell you guys this incase it might not be true.”

 

“Fine..but...oh speak of the devil.” Jisoo shows the others her phone, “Hey Jendeuk what’s up?”

 

“Chuuuuu where are you? Are you with Lisa?”

 

“Uh…” Jisoo looks at everyone in the room who just urges her to tell the truth.

 

“Yeah I am...with Seul, Hyun, Moonbyul, and Yongsun.”

 

“All six of you? Where? Cosmos?”

 

“Ah no..at Rosie’s..”

 

“Rosie’s?” There was a questioning tone in Jennie’s voice.

 

“Yes..”

 

“Why?”

 

“I was going to visit Lisa with food and ran into the others so we just decided to congregate here.”

 

“I see…I’ll call you later Chu. Bye.” Jennie ends the call, not waiting for a response from Jisoo.

 

“I’ll go to her. You guys can stay if you want.” Roseanne looks at her friends who nod, watching as the blonde rushes out.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Ringing Jennie’s doorbell..Roseanne anxiously played with the hem of her shirt.

 

“Oh..you’re here.” Jennie’s tone was flat when she opened the door.

 

“Hi.” Roseanne smiles, something she can’t help whenever she sees her girl, “Can I come in?”

 

“Hello Roseanne.” Jennie steps aside, letting the blonde in even though she’s upset with her.

 

“Oh Roseanne..am I in trouble?” Roseanne teases, trying to lift the mood a bit.

 

Jennie sighs, “Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be with the others?”

 

“Love..it’s not like that.” Roseanne tries to get closer, but Jennie takes a step back, “They were on their way to Lisa’s and literally decided to barge into my place without warning. I really need to change that passcode.”

 

“Right right...you don’t think I’ve noticed how you guys have been extra secretive lately...like there’s something you’re keeping from the rest of us.” Jennie heads back to her living room, sitting on her couch with crossed legs. Roseanne follows, sitting next to the girl, “Jenjen..” She sighs finding it hard to lie to the girl, but she has too..until she’s sure.

 

“So there is something.”

 

“We’re not hiding anything from you.”

 

“Roseanne.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Just tell me the truth.”

 

“I did. Don’t you trust me?” Roseanne asks.

 

“I do..”

 

“So trust me.”

 

“Fine.” Jennie huffs, getting up and heading towards her room.

 

“Jennie c’mon don’t be like this.” Roseanne goes after her.

 

“I know you’re hiding something Rosie...just tell me. I won’t get mad I promise.” Jennie turns around.

 

“Jennie…” Roseanne sighs, “It’s complicated.”

 

“Is it bad?”

 

“I...I don’t know.”

 

“What do you mean?” Jennie asks, softening up.

 

“Just trust me okay?” Roseanne asks, taking the shorter girl into her arms, “Trust me…”

 

“I do, but whatever it is, it’s taking you away from me.” Jennie whines, holding tighter onto Roseanne.

 

“It’s not...trust me..I’ll always come home to you.”

 

“And I’ll always be here, waiting for you.” Jennie replies, she can’t lose Roseanne...and Jennie swears to herself that she’ll do everything she can for that not to happen.

 

“Okay now, how about we go out and spend the day together?” Roseanne looks at the girl in her arms.

 

“I think I’d rather just stay here and watch movies and cuddle.”

 

“That can be arranged.” Roseanne laughs, swaying them side to side, before lifting Jennie up bridal style.

 

“Rosie!” Jennie holds onto Roseanne, “Don’t worry love I won’t drop you.” The blonde smiles, carrying the girl back towards the couch, “Now stay here and I’ll get everything ready.”

 

The day was perfect for the two. They stayed in watching movies, talking, just being with each other. It was just Rosie and Jennie. No secrets, no problems. A moment just for them.

 

But of course, life just had to throw in another curveball.

 

It was a week later, Roseanne was again meeting with Suzy.

 

“Rosie…” Suzy places a hand on Roseanne’s, “Maybe we should have done this somewhere else.” Suzy voices out, worried for the blonde.

 

“It’s fine...her pa..”

 

“Rosie?” Nayeon’s voice cuts through their conversation and soon their table is surrounded by Roseanne’s team.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Roseanne asks, looking at the members of her team with questioning eyes, holding Seulgi’s gaze a bit longer than the rest.

 

“We decided to have dinner before heading home.” Seulgi speaks up first.

 

“Yeah, but why are you here? I thought you’d be with Jen?” Yeri’s tone was hostile, and everyone seemed to be glancing at the table.

 

“I’m just meeting a friend.” Roseanne smiles, pulling her hand back from Suzy.

 

“A friend?” Jackson raises a brow.

 

“Yes, is that a problem?” Roseanne asks.

 

“No, it’s just...you don..”

 

“Rosie? Sorry we’re late.” A familiar voice interrupts Seojun and the others turn around.

 

“Auntie?” They all looked at the woman, “Oh you guys..”

 

“We ran into Rosie here Auntie, she’s a friend.” Seulgi speaks up, eyeing Roseanne, “Why are you here?”

 

“Well you see..”

 

“Guys.” Roseanne gets up, “if you’d please excuse us Mr. and Mrs. Park.. I’ll just discuss things with them.” Roseanne respectfully bows her head at Chaeyoung’s parents, “please take a seat, order whatever you’d like. And as for everyone else, come with me… I’ll explain.” Roseanne makes eye contact with Seulgi who nods her head in understanding.

 

The group congregates in the parking lot of the restaurant.

 

“Okay who was that girl? And why are Chaeyoung’s parents here?” Nayeon asks.

 

“Before I tell you anything, you guys have to promise me not to tell Jen about any of this.”

 

The others look at each other, as if deciding if it’s a good idea or not.

 

“Seul..” Roseanne sighs, feeling like she needs backup. Her team can be a bit stubborn.

 

“Guys... whatever Rosie says, it has to stay between us okay?”

 

“Huh? Why do you sound like you already know what she’s going to say Seul?” Yeri raises a brow.

 

“Because I already do...so just listen.” Seulgi’s tone was firm, completely different than her usual soft spoken self.

 

“Okay.” The others nod, and so Roseanne tells them, “I was in an accident in Melbourne...and needed a heart transplant and my donor was Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“So your donor was Chae..” Jackson was the first one to speak.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Wow..that’s..the universe sure works in interesting ways.” Yeri, who was teary eyed, smiled.

 

“Yeah I mean...what are the odds right?” Nayeon’s eyes were also glistening, the boys both biting their lower lip.

 

“It is weird, it’s like she led me to you guys in a way.” Roseanne places a palm on her heart, a habit she seems to have developed lately, it gives her a sense of comfort.

 

“Yeah…and wait..who else knows?”

 

“Everyone but Jen..” Roseanne admits.

 

“You need to tell her Rosie.”

 

“I will...when she asks.”

 

“I don’t know..maybe it’s better if..”

 

“Look..there’s more to this than just that..but I can’t explain now..Seul can though..I have to head inside.”

 

“Wait, speaking of inside, why are Chae’s...Rosie! Hey!” Roseanne runs away before the group presses for more answers.

 

“Seulgi.” They turn their head to the monolid girl.

 

“I don’t know much either...so let’s just trust her.”

 

Back inside, Roseanne apologizes and sits back down.

 

“So here it is.” Suzy pulls a brown envelope from her purse, placing it in the middle of the table. .

 

“Rosie...would you like to do the honors?” Mrs. Park’s smile was warm as always.

 

“It’s okay...we should have told her the truth sooner..to think she found out on her own, but didn’t question it.”

 

“It’s because for her you are her parents...it’s the same with me..” Rosie smiles, holding the envelope in her hands, her mind wandering back to when she first approached Chaeyoung’s parents with Suzy.

 

“You ready?” Suzy asks, parking her car in front of a gorgeous house located in one of the private villages in Seoul. After trying and trying to convince the doctor to spill the secret, Roseanne finally broke through: Chaeyoung was adopted and she was looking for someone, but Suzy didn’t know who.

 

“Yeah.” Roseanne smiles. The two get out of the vehicle and approach the door.

 

“Hello?” A woman in her 50s opens the door with a soft smile.

 

“Hi..my name is Park Roseanne and this is my friend Bae Suzy, are you by chance Mrs. Park Ji-ah?”

 

“Yes..”

 

“Mrs. Park..there’s something we’d like to ask you about your daughter, is it okay if we come in?” Suzy speaks up.

 

“Sure come in..” Mrs. Park let’s the two in, keeping a watchful eye on Roseanne.

 

“Your her aren’t you.” Mrs. Park sits down.

 

“Yes.” Roseanne admits.

 

“Is it..” Mrs. Park glanced at Roseanne’s chest, who understood what the older woman wanted.

 

“Of course.” Roseanne stood up, hugging Mrs. Park who leaned her ear against Roseanne’s chest.

 

“My strong girl.” Mrs. Park whispered softly, “Thank you for keeping her heart safe.” The older woman smiled so brightly, even though her eyes were welling up with tears.

 

“So why did you want to see me?” Mrs. Park asks, sitting with Roseanne, holding her hand tightly.

 

“Chaeyoung...she was adopted right?”

 

“I...how did you know that? Only our families know.” Mrs. Park was shocked.

 

“Mrs. Park, I was Chaeyoung’s therapist..”

 

“She had a therapist?”

 

“It’s nothing bad, sometimes people go to therapy just to get an outsider's view on things happening in their life...she told me about her being adopted. She accidentally overheard you discussing whether you should ever tell her not..”

 

“I see.”

 

“Do you by chance still have her adoption records?”

 

“Yes, give me a moment.” Mrs. Park stood up, leaving Roseanne and Suzy briefly.

 

“Here they are .” She hands them the files.

 

“Oh...it’s the same place I was adopted from in Sydney when I was a kid.” Roseanne notices, sharing a look with Suzy.

 

“Mrs. Park, do you by chance know if she had a sibling?”

 

“Chaeyoung was 5 when we adopted her, we asked if she had a sibling, because we would have taken them both, but the agency told us she didn’t. Why?”

 

“Because I was also adopted...and we’re trying to determine why Chaeyoung has always felt so familiar to me. My parents said I didn’t have a sibling, but when I first met her..I felt connected to her somehow.”

 

“Do you have anything that might still have Chaeyoung’s DNA?”

 

~

 

“Okay..here we go.” Roseanne opens the envelope.

 

“Well?” The three others ask her after a moment has passed.

 

“It’s negative, we’re not related.”

 

“Ah honey...remember that little girl.” Mr. Park suddenly spoke up with a knowing smile.

 

“You mean that little girl that was glued to our Chaeyoung when we first met her and when we were taking her home.”

 

“Yes yes her! Chae always called her...goodness what was that nickname..”

 

“Little moon.” Roseanne spoke up, a distant voice echoing in her mind.

 

“That’s right.” The Parks, Roseanne, and Suzy all looked at each other. The blonde pulling her phone out and having her older sister send her that photo of her and another little girl hugging each other tightly.

 

“Is this her?” Roseanne asks, showing the photo.

 

“Your Chaeyoungie’s little moon.”

 

“I remember my parents telling me that as a kid, I would always talk about this friend, my twin as I apparently liked to call her, from the orphanage….they told me that I refused to go with them because she said she promised she would come and find me again..” Roseanne trails off, feeling the tears she thought had dried come out again, “And she did...in the end she kept it.”

 

“Rosie…” Suzy hugs Roseanne from the side. The two thought that Chaeyoung was looking for her sibling that was left behind at the orphanage and with Chaeyoung being a perfect donor for Roseanne, they had thought that Roseanne might be her sibling...but although the two are not related by blood, it seems that the bonde they shared was just as strong.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

It was like a weight was lifted from Roseanne’s shoulders...like that missing puzzle she’s been carrying all this time was finally complete.

 

“So are you ever going to tell us about why you and Suzy were having dinner with Chaeyoung’s parents?” Nayeon raised a brow at the blonde, entering her office for a signature and now trying, like everyone else who knows, to get answers.

 

“I will tell you all after I tell Jen about this.” Roseanne points to her chest.

 

“You think it’s time? I thought you were going to wait until she asks.”

 

“I was, but I think the longer I wait the more it’ll shock her when she finds out...I don’t want to feel like I betrayed her or that we kept this from her on purpose..it wasn’t like that I just needed to confirm some things…” Roseanne explains.

 

“Okay...but don’t rip the bandaid too quickly okay? Just ease it off...Jen really had a hard time coping..”

 

“I know...don’t worry.” Roseanne’s smile was hopeful, she couldn’t wait to go home tonight with Jennie and just tell her everything. The blonde is already anticipating her girl to be a crying mess...she just hopes she won’t get mad for keeping it from her.

 

“Well good luck, let us know okay?”

 

The working day could not have gone slower for Roseanne, it’s like the clock wasn’t moving...all she wanted was to go home with her girlfriend, tell her truth and move on. Maybe even go visit Chaeyoung together.

 

“Alright what’s up with you?” Jennie asks in the passenger side of Roseanne’s car.

 

“Just thinking of you.” Roseanne cheesily replied.

 

“Rosie~~” Jennie whines, her cheeks turning a faint shade of pink.

 

“It’s true..I always think of you Jen..You make me happy love.” Roseanne glances at the girl, using a free hand to grab Jennie’s hand, kissing it lovingly, before intertwining their fingers together.

 

“Should we cook or eat out?” Roseanne asks.

 

“Hmm how about we cook, but we’ll need to stop by the market first.”

 

“Okay, to the market.”

 

~ ~

 

“Hmm what should we cook?” Roseanne asks, grabbing a cart.

 

“I’m thinking something quick..so Kimchi fried rice?” Jennie suggests, slipping under one of Roseanne’s arms so that the girl is back hugging her as they push the cart around.

 

“Ooh I like that idea. What should we pair it with?” Roseanne asks, leaning her chin on Jennie’s shoulder.

 

“Well I still have some dumplings in the freezer..or we can grab some meat if you want something a little heavier.” Jennie replies, turning her head to give her girl a quick peck on the cheek.

 

“Wow how domestic.” A familiar voice pulls the two out of their own little world.

“Suzy?” Roseanne looks at the other girl, while Suzy is keeping a sharp eye on Jennie.

 

“You know her?” Jennie frowns.

 

“Of course she knows me. We’re friends right Rosie.” Suzy’s smile was sweet, but her tone was off.

 

“Yeah, we’re friends.” Roseanne misses the way the two are staring each other down.

 

“Well say goodbye to your friend Roseanne.” Jennie’s voice was cold.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Already leaving Jennie? I thought we could catch up.” Suzy says.

 

“Catch up? You two know each other?” Roseanne asks looking at the two back and forth.

 

“Wait she didn’t tell you Rosie posie?”

 

“Don’t call her that.” Jennie stands in between Roseanne and Suzy.

 

“What is going on here? Jennie? Suzy?” Roseanne was confused, the two were definitely not friends with the way they interacted with one another.

 

“Maybe you should ask your girlfriend that...after all she did come looking for me months ago.”

 

“I’m...confused.”

 

“Ignore her Rosie, let’s go.” Jennie tugged on Roseanne’s arm pulling her out of there, their dinner forgotten.

 

“What was that in there? Why are you so hostile to Suzy.”

 

“Don’t say her name.” Jennie’s tone was ice cold.

 

“She’s my friend Jen and I was going to…”

 

“Let’s talk about this at home Roseanne.” Jennie ended the conversation, and although Roseanne wanted to push it..she didn’t want them to start fighting while she’s still driving.

 

“Fine.”

 

The ride to Jennie’s place was quiet. The once light and happy air, turned dark and heavy.

 

Parking her car in the garage, the two made their way inside.

 

“Alright now tell m..” Roseanne stops, seeing her phone light up with a text from Suzy.

 

Jennie knows you have her heart. -Suzy

Since the second time we met. -Suzy

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: I will now perform a disappearing act..

 

BYE!