Switched pt. 3

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)
 

“CHONG-AH CHONG-AH CHONG-AH GOOD MORNING!!!” Lisa jumped onto Chaeyoung’s sleeping form.

 

“Ugh get off of me Lis.” The blonde grumbled, turning and pulling the comforter tighter around her.

 

“No! Wakey wakey my Aussie bestie that is finally back in her own body.” Lisa wiggled around and at the words Chaeyoung bolted up and began to pat her body.

 

“OMG I’m really back! AHHHHHHH!” Chaeyoung squealed.

 

“I know!!! Welcome back, I missed my Chaengmunk.”

 

“Aww I missed you to Limario.”

 

“Let’s go out and play today? It’s been a while. I’m caught up with assignments anyways.” Chaeyoung suggested and Lisa happily agreed.

 

Chaeyoung got up and decided to facetime Jisoo to check on Jennie. Granted, Chaeyoung could have just called Jennie, but again she’s trying to keep that distance.

 

“JICHU UNNIE! Good morning.” Chaeyoung happily smiled once Jisoo picked up, looking like the girl was in the van.

 

“Good morning It’s nice to see you.” Jisoo emphasized the word “see” and the two began to laugh.

 

“I just wanted to call and let you know I made it back safe and sound last night and I hope that unnie did as well.”

 

“Yeah, she did. She woke me up all bouncy actually.” Jisoo chuckled.

 

“Who are you talking to?” Chaeyoung heard Jennie’s voice.

 

“Chaeng, she’s just checking on you.” Jisoo smiled.

 

If she wants to check on me she could have called me instead. Jennie frowned.

 

“Want to say hi?” Jisoo asked after noticing the slumped shoulders from her best friend, who enthusiastically nodded her head yes.

 

“Chae, Jen wants to say hi.”

 

“Tell her I said Hi, Lis just came in we’re going out today. Ah and tell her to have fun on her date. Bye!” Chaeyoung quickly ended the call, with a sigh of relief.

 

“Ah wait Chae..it’ll be..” but Jisoo was too late the call was already dropped, “Sorry Jendeuk, seems like the two kids are hanging out today and Lisa dragged Chae out. She says hi though and she wants you to have fun on your date tonight.” Jisoo apologetically replied, holding back her tongue to make a comment on the dejected look on her best friend’s face.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

When Monday came, Chaeyoung was excitedly getting ready for class. She misses the university and talking to her other friends.

 

“It feels like I’ve been gone for so long.” Chaeyoung laughed, while her and Lisa were heading to their respective buildings.

 

“For you not for me.” Lisa grumbled with a yawn.

 

“Well I missed it.” Chaeyoung hooked her arm with Lisa, making the girl walk faster.

 

“Good morning Chaeyoung.”

 

“Hi Chaeyoung.”

 

“Hey Chaeyoung, I’ll see you in lecture later.”

 

“Chaeyoung hey!”

 

A bunch of people were greeting Chaeyoung as she made her way to class, and she politely responded to everyone which caused them to get all excited.

 

“Why is everyone so friendly lately?” Chaeyoung asked Lisa. Chaeyoung was relatively low key in the university and was never one to be greeted by people all the time. Unlike Lisa, who was more popular and social.

 

“It’s because of the performance from the festival. Jennie unnie suggested you have a dance break after mine and we fixed the choreo and well it suddenly made people gaga over you. Usually, unnie just ignored it, but well you know how she is.” Lisa chuckled and continued, “but you’re too soft and friendly, so it’ll make your fans even happier.”

 

“Okay that’s definitely exaggerating, I don’t have fans.”

 

“Oh you poor soul...good luck..that’s all I’ll say.” Lisa looked at her best friend with a knowing smile, before running off to her building.

 

When Chaeyoung reached her music composition class she felt nervous. Not wanting to bump into Seolhyun, even if Jennie had told her that the girl wasn’t bothering her anymore.

 

“Okay let’s do this.” Chaeyoung gave herself a mini pep talk before walking in.

 

“Hey Chaeyoungie good morning.” Seolhyun quickly went up to the girl with a huge smile on her face. Chaeyoung, shocked at the friendly greeting, took a step back as reflex.

 

“Uh...morning.” Chaeyoung managed to softly reply, noticing how Seolhyun’s cheeks became red, “You okay? You’re a little red.” Chaeyoung asked worriedly. Seolhyun may be a that bullied her, but Chaeyoung is too nice to ignore a sick person.

 

“I-I-I-I-I’m fine Chaeyoungie..uhm here it’s herbal tea.” Seolhyun stammered, handing the cup to the blonde.

 

“If you’re sure...uhm thanks.” Chaeyoung smiled, taking a cautious sip and smiled after realizing it wasn’t spiked with anything extra.

 

As the day went by, Chaeyoung realized that Lisa was not exaggerating. People kept greeting her Hi, handing her snacks, making small talk. And it was flattering and all, but it did make Chaeyoung’s social meter deplete pretty quickly.

 

“You’ll get used to it Chaeng.” Lisa patted her friend’s back, the two finished for the day and we’re on their way home.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Jen is mad at you.” Were Jisoo’s first words when she took the seat in front of Chaeyoung at the Milk Tea shop they decided to meet up at.

 

“Hmm? What do you mean, I haven’t done anything. I literally haven’t even contacted her.” Chaeyoung was surprised at the news.

 

“Exactly. She’s pissed because you didn’t call her on your first day back into your own bodies and you haven’t even texted or called her at all since. So, she rants at me for hours and is disrupting my Animal Crossing time.” Jisso huffed, arms crossed.

 

“I didn’t know I had to contact her. I mean I’ve been busy, and I know you guys are as well.” Chaeyoung defended herself.

 

“Okay you made a point there. But she’s like agitated all the time, not even Jongin oppa made her smile. I think their date lasted like an hour. Look Chae..I’m not going to force you to call her but for the love of Dalgom can you please just text her Hi or something because I legit think she’ll go crazy if she doesn’t hear from you.”

 

“Okay I’ll text her later. Didn’t know she could be possessive like that.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“She isn’t.” Jisoo mumbled to herself.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing..just text her later.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Jisoo unnie said don’t forget to text Jennie unnie.” Lisa barged into Chaeyoung’s room, who was all snuggled and ready to get to bed.

 

“Hmm I know..I will.”

 

“Jisoo unnie said to do it while I watch.”

 

“Okay okay.” Chaeyoung grabbed her phone, thumb hovering over Jennie’s contact name on her phone.

 

Hi - Rosie

 

“There I did it.” Chaeyoung showed the screen to Lisa who nodded, and went back to her phone call with Jisoo. The blonde was about to put her phone away when a slew of messages came.

 

Hi! - Jennie

 

What’s up? - Jennie

 

How are you?- Jennie

 

Why are you still up? - Jennie

 

Did you eat yet? - Jennie

 

How was class? - Jennie

 

How was your hang out with Chu? - Jennie

 

Chaeyoung chuckled, “cute.” She cooed and decided to text the girl back.

 

Meanwhile, Jennie was staring intently at her phone. She literally squealed when Chaeyoung texted her Hi.

 

“CHU LOOK!” The girl barged into Jisoo’s room and excitedly showed her phone.

 

“See, I told you to just wait. Chaeng was busy.”

 

“Right right.” Jennie replied, furiously typing on her phone.

 

“Why is she taking so long to reply.” Jennie mumbled texting some more, grabbing the phone from her hand Jisoo couldn’t stop herself from laughing.

 

“Damn Jendeukie might as well add an ‘I miss you’ there since you not so subtly showed it.”

 

“Can you not Chu. I’m going back to my room.” Jennie huffed getting up and heading back to her room.

 

When the door closed Jennie practically jumped into bed, because Chaeyoung had finally texted her back.

 

Woah there okay..uhm I’m good, been busy- Rosie.

 

I’m still up because I couldn’t sleep - Rosie

 

Yes I ate with Jichu unnie and we really had a good time - Rosie.

 

Class was good. - Rosie

 

You didn’t tell me that you’ve made me some kind of popular person at school...there’s so much socializing I had to do today it made me tired. - Rosie

 

Seolhyun was weird too. She was all nice and gave me tea. - Rosie

 

Chaeyoung replying made Jennie all happy, but then she frowned.

 

I totally forgot about those stupid people that keep trying to talk to me well her at school. Jennie groaned, tossing her phone angrily on the bed, but her anger didn’t last long since she wanted to keep their conversation going.

 

Did she now. - Jennie

 

Yeah, she also took Hyeri unnie’s spot and kept taking glances at me. What did you do to her? - Rosie

 

We just had a chat...well at least she isn’t picking on you right? - Jennie

 

True but it’s still weird... Oh well it’ll make my uni life more peaceful. So thanks for that. - Rosie

 

You don’t have to say thank you. I protect my friends. - Jennie

 

I know...well it’s getting late, I still have an early day tomorrow. Goodnight unnie. - Rosie.

 

Reading the goodnight text, Jennie frowned..she wanted to talk to the blonde for a bit longer..

 

Right you do..I do too..hey maybe I can stop by on campus and we can have lunch? - Jennie

 

Sure, Lis and I can meet you in the cafe before we start work. - Rosie.

 

“But I wanted to see you alone…” Jennie pouted, but agreed nonetheless.

 

Cool. I’ll bring Chu too! Goodnight Rosie. - Jennie.

 

Hmm goodnight. - Rosie

 

After Chaeyoung agreed, Jennie barged back into Jisoo’s room who was in the middle of hardcore fishing on Animal Crossing.

 

“Chu~~~ my bestest bestest friend in the world~~~” Jennie amped up her cuteness.

 

“What do you need Jendeuk?” Jisoo deadpanned, eyes still on her switch.

 

“We’re meeting up with Rosie and Lisa for lunch tomorrow, but I want you to drag Lisa away or something.” Jennie asked with puppy dog eyes, and Jisoo was very very amused.

 

“Oh? Why? I miss Rosie too~” Jisoo teased.

 

“First of all, only me and her sister call her Rosie. 2nd, you just saw her today!” Jennie whined.

 

“Your point? I can call her Rosie too, not just you and I know. We had so much fun and took so many photos. Her cute little quirks are even cuter now.” Jisoo was loving how Jennie’s face was slowly turning an annoyed red...or is it green?

 

“Tch whatever.” Jennie scoffed, stomping away grumbling under her breath.

 

After Jennie slammed the door to her room, Jisoo finally let the laugh she was holding back out, “Oh Lisa and I are so going to enjoy this.” Jisoo had an evil smirk on her face and texted the younger girl right away.

 

I know that Chae likes Jen. - Jisoo

 

What? I don’t know what you are talking about. - Lisa

 

I’m not dumb. I know you know, you’re her best friend. - Jisoo

 

Also, she told me the night before they switched back that she thinks she does. - Jisoo

 

But I know her enough now, to KNOW that she does. - Jisoo

 

Fine she does, but she’s been trying to stop herself. - Lisa

 

Why would she do that? - Jisoo

 

Well I don’t know unnie..maybe because she’s in a relationship??? - Lisa

 

True..but I think Jen might be catching feels or already caught feelings for Chae. - Jisoo

 

WHAT? BACK TF UP! IS THAT TRUE?! WHAT ABOUT HER BOYFRIEND???? - Lisa

 

Jen is clingy yes, but she isn’t possessive. But since they’ve switched and Chae went radio silent on her she had been agitated to no end. Why do you think I had you remind Chae to text her? She isn’t like this with Jongin oppa. And she was so mad when I called Chae “Rosie” and when I refused to give her alone time with her. - Jisoo

 

Wow...points made. So, what’s your plan? Did you straight up ask her? - Lisa

 

No she’d deny it...which is why we need to do something to push her. - Jisoo

 

WE? Why is there a WE? There’s no WE...I value my life thank you very much. - Lisa

 

I’ll buy you dinner for a whole month, anywhere you like if you help me. Plus, it’ll help Chae too. - Jisoo

 

Oh did the great Jisoo Turtle Rabbit Kim just ask me out? - Lisa

 

Really? That’s what you focus on? So is it a yes? - Jisoo

 

HELL YEAH - Lisa

 

Smiling Jisoo turned to Dalgom and hugged her son tightly, “Looks like I can kill two birds with one stone Dalgom-ah.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

The following day, Jisoo and Jennie were already at the university, the two were wearing masks. Some students looked at them seemingly recognizing the two, but kept moving thinking that there’s no way J would be on their campus.

 

“I thought we were supposed to meet at 1? Why are we here so early? It’s only noon.” Jisoo asked, hooking her arm around Jennie’s.

 

“We are, I just wanted to surprise her..I mean them.” Jennie smiled, looking very determined.

 

“Okay…” Jisoo let the girl drag her along.

 

Stopping in front of the lecture hall Jennie has come to know. She peered inside and spotted the blonde right away.

 

“Oh it’s Rosie~~” Jisoo began to tease the girl.

 

“I thought I made it clear that only I ca..” but Jennie was cut off when the doors opened and the students began to walk out. Ignoring Jennie, Jisoo went straight to Chaeyoung and pounced playfully onto her back. The move had Chaeyoung’s fans seething, because who the hell was this girl hugging their Chaeyoung like that.

 

“What the?” Chaeyoung turned and saw a pair of familiar eyes under the mask.

 

“Jichu?” Chaeyoung beamed, when Jisoo nodded yes.

 

“Why are you here? I thought we were supposed to meet later?”

 

“Yeah but WOAH.” Jisoo began, before she was so harshly pulled away from Chaeyoung. Jennie smirked at her best friend before turning her attention back to the tall girl.

 

“Rosie!” Jennie beamed, hugging the blonde tightly.

 

“Hi unnie.” Chaeyoung returned the hug, the smaller girl was hugging her so tightly it’s like they haven’t seen each other in ages.

 

“This is so much better.” Jennie whispered nuzzling closer to Chaeyoung, inhaling the girl’s sweet scent.

 

“Did you say something?” Chaeyoung asked, pulling back.

 

“Nothing, now let’s go find Lisa. I’m hungry.” Jennie hooked her arms with Chaeyoung, forgetting about Jisoo who was trying to hold back her laugh.

 

“Oh okay sure, Jichu let’s go.” Chaeyoung turned to Jisoo, who smiled and decided to hook her arms with her as well, much to Jennie’s annoyance.

 

Lisa was very amused at the sight that she saw as the three girls were heading her way.

 

Chaeyoung was talking to Jisoo and it looked like Jennie was just about ready to rip her best friend’s arm off.

 

“Hey guys! You’re here early.” Lisa smirked, Jisoo had already texted her when they arrived on campus, so she wasn’t really surprised.

 

“Yeah.. we finished early.” Jennie lied through her teeth, in reality she begged Sandara to move their shoot to later in the afternoon and lucky for her, the staff was running behind.

 

“Oh really.” Lisa nodded, also knowing the truth, before sharing a knowing glance with Jisoo.

 

“Well we might as well get some food then.” Lisa smiled.

 

The four girls arrived at the cafe. Jennie wanted to sit next to Chaeyoung, but Lisa dragged her to sit next to her instead and before she could protest, Jisoo had already sat next to the blonde.

 

Well at least I get to see her face like this. Jennie found the silver lining of sitting in front of Chaeyoung.

 

Lisa, being the ever bubbly and talkative one, began telling them how Chaeyoung goes home exhausted from all the socialising and with arms full of gifts.

 

“I told her she doesn’t have to accept them all, like unnie over here didn’t even spare them a glance Chaeng.” Lisa pointed to Jennie, who nodded, “Yeah Rosie, just ignore them. Don’t give them your attention.” Jennie replied, in a demanding voice.

 

“Yeah but that would be rude.” Chayoung pouted slightly.

 

“Well you can’t be nice to everyone Chae. What are you going to do if they take this as a chance to think you're interested too.” Lisa spoke pointedly, her eyes glancing over to watch a certain dumplings reaction.

 

“What do you mean?” Chaeyoung cluelessly asked, but before anyone could explain further someone came up to their table.

 

“Hey Chaeyoungie.” Seolhyun smiled, ignoring the three other girls. Lisa and Jisoo looked at each other then at Jennie, who rolled her eyes at the sight.

 

“Hi Seol, what’s up?” Chaeyoung replied, Jennie's ears perked at the nickname.

 

Woah hold up, when did she go from Seolhyun to Seol?

 

“Well remember how you offered to help me out with some of my chem stuff..” Seolhyun began and Chaeyoung nodded her head, “Yeah, when’d you want to do that?”

 

“I’m free this weekend.”

 

“Sure that works. How about noonish? We can meet here and have lunch as well.” Chaeyoung offered, totally missing the looks from everyone around her.

 

Jisoo and Lisa were highly amused while looking at Jennie who..if looks could kill..Seolhyun might be dead 10 times over by now.

 

“Great! I’ll see you then! It’s a date!!” Seolhyun squealed, stealing a kiss from Chaeyoung’s cheeks, running off. And that was all it took for Jennie to finally lose it. Pushing back her chair harshly, the shorter girl grabbed her bag and ran out of the cafe.

 

“What happened?” Chaeyoung asked, looked at Jisoo and Lisa.

 

Yeah she definitely has feelings for Chae. Jisoo and Lisa were both thinking the same thing.

 

“I think you should go after her Chae.” Jisoo looked at the girl.

 

“What?”

 

“Yeah Chae go..she’ll want to see you.” Lisa encouraged her best friend.

 

“Okay, I’ll bring her back.” Chaeyoung rushed off to find the brunette.

 

“Well...that confirmed it huh.” Lisa looked at Jisoo, after Chaeyoung had left.

 

“Oh yeah.”

 

“Now the problem is if Jen will admit it or not.” Jisoo sighed.

 

“Well with the way she reacted, she might admit it regardless if she wanted to or not. I thought she was going to murder Seolhyun just now.” Lisa chuckled lightly.

 

“I know, even I felt scared and I thought I was immune to her glares.”

 

“Well since I helped you out, when can we go on our first dinner date.” Lisa winked.

 

“I said I’d buy you dinner, never said it was a date.”

 

“Pshhh okay sure. So this weekend sound good?”

 

“It’s a date.” Jisoo replied, turning her head to the side, trying to hide her reddening cheeks.

 

“See it was a date.” Lisa mumbled to herself with a wide smile on her face.

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was running around looking for the dumpling cheeked girl.

 

“Where could she have gone.” Chaeyoung was frantic at this point, she was worried that Jennie was going to get recognized and mobbed, luckily, she spotted the girl. She was in the garden, sitting on one of the benches.

 

“There you are.” Chaeyoung took a seat next to the girl who remained mum.

 

“Well, want to tell me what’s going on?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“It’s nothing.” Jennie replied, not even glancing at the girl.

 

“I know it’s not nothing, you can tell me you know.” Chaeyoung urged her, taking Jennie’s hand in hers. Smiling at how perfect they seem to fit in hers.

 

“I just..” Jennie turned her head to face the girl, frowning when she saw the light red kiss mark on her cheek. Opening her purse, Jennie grabbed a tissue, holding Chaeyoung’s chin, she wiped the mark away while she spoke, “I don’t like it…” Jennie admitted, softly smiling once she was able to get rid of the mark.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You keep letting all these people close to you. I thought it was only me and your sister that you allow to call you Rosie, but Chu does it too. Then you let her cling onto you and you no longer call her unnie, and don’t get me started on Seolhyun.” Jennie huffed, rolling her eyes.

 

“Oh.” Chaeyoung didn’t know what to say.

 

“Don’t go this weekend.” Jennie commanded, after a silence draped over them.

 

“Huh? But I’m just tutoring her.” Chaeyoung frowned, did Jennie not like Seolhyun that much?

 

“Still...don’t go.” Jennie pouted, crossing her arms across her chest.

 

“But unnie.”

 

“Jennie.” The shorter girl corrected her.

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s not fair that you and Chu are close enough you dropped the unnie..we’re close too right? Just call me by my name.”

 

Chaeyoung smiled at this and nodded her head, “Okay then Jennie, as I was saying, I already told her I’d go it would be rude if I just stood her up.”

 

Jennie...never knew it could feel that good to be called Jennie before. Jennie held back a smile.

 

“Yeah but she was mean to you before.”

 

“Yes, but you fixed that for me.”

 

“I wish I didn’t.” Jennie mumbled under her breath.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing, but if you're so adamant on going then bring Lisa with you or even Hyeri.”

 

“Okay, I’ll bring Lisa I don’t think has anything planned.”

 

“Really?” Jennie’s mood suddenly turned for the better.

 

“Yes really, now stop being so glum over here, let’s go spend some time with our friends.” Chaeyoung booped the shorter girl’s nose, before standing up and offering her hand.

 

“Okay.” Jennie beamed, grabbing tightly onto Chaeyoung’s hand.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Where are you going?” Jennie raised a brow, seeing Jisoo all dressed up. She had just gotten off the phone with Chaeyoung, so she was in high spirit.

 

“Gonna hang out with Lisa. Why?”

 

“TODAY??” Jennie yelled out her happy mood shifting.

 

“Ah yeah...is that a problem?” Jisoo asked, seeing Jennie frowning deeply.

 

“I thought Lisa was going with Rosie to tutor that girl.” Jennie didn’t even bother her distaste.

 

“Ah yeah, she’s there, she’ll just leave early.” Jisoo explained.

 

“What? No. Lisa has to be there until the end.”

 

“Why?”

 

“What do you mean why?”

 

“Chu if Lisa leaves then Rosie and Seolhyun are going to be left all alone.”

 

“Okay….and that’s a problem?” Jisoo looked at the girl, seeing just how riled up Jennie is right now. Pacing back and forth so quickly, hands balled in a tight fist.

 

“It’s a huge problem! What if she does something to Rosie!!”

 

“Jendeuk..chill.” Jisoo held Jennie by her shoulder to stop her from pacing, “Look, Chae is an adult if anything happens then it happens. I don’t get why you're here being all..” Jisoo paused for dramatic affect.

 

“What Chu being all what?”

 

“Jealous.” Jisoo looked at her friend who looked like a bucket of cold water was dumped all over her.

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

“I-I-I.. I’m not jealous! I don’t get jealous.” Jennie stammered.

 

Oh please Jendeuk..everyone with eyes can tell you’re jealous right now. Jisoo mentally rolled her eyes.

 

“Well then you shouldn’t be freaking out over here. Why don’t you call Jongin oppa or something?”

 

“He’s busy. And I’m not freaking out.” Jennie tried to be calm.

 

“Okay well then good. Look I have to go. Just call me if something comes up okay?”

 

“But but but…” Jennie looked so defeated and Jisoo almost, almost, gave in, but she didn’t.

 

“It’ll be fine, it’s not like one date can turn into them being a couple right?” Jisoo teased, running off before Jennie ties her up at home.

 

“I’m getting a headache.” Jennie slumped down on the couch.

 

“Am I really jealous? But...I’m not the jealous possessive type…” Jennie was in deep thought. Her mind drifting towards the blonde haired beauty…

 

“But what if they really do end up being a couple…”

 

“Ayy there’s no way...Rosie is nice that’s why..”

 

“Yeah Jen..nothing will happen. Rosie will just tutor the girl and then they’ll have dinner and then Seolhyun will probably ask for another date..and and..oh no no no no.” Jennie’s imagination was running wild.

 

“Okay I need a nap or something.”

 

Walking into her bedroom, Jennie paused when a notification dinged on her phone.

 

@ParkChaeng Just updated their story.

 

It was an instagram notification. Yes, Jennie has notifs for Chaeyoung. And before she knew it, Jennie was heading to the cafe, Chaeyoung’s instagram story of her and Seolhyun looking all chummy chummy burned into her mind.

 

When Jennie got to the cafe all eyes were on her, who wouldn’t really. The girl arrived in all Chanel, not even trying to hide her identity. Scanning the room, she frowned when she saw Seolhyun leaning closer to Chaeyoung’s face.

 

“Rosie there you are.” Jennie took the seat in front of the two, everyone’s eyes still on her.

 

“Jen? Why are you here?” Chaeyoung replied, while Seolhyun was stunned, why the hell is Jennie Kim here and how does she know Chaeyoung.

 

“Chaengie you know her?” Seolhyun whispered.

 

“Yeah she does. I’m Jennie Kim and you are?” Jennie replied in her celebrity mode. She knows people are watching her.

 

“Kim Seolhyun, I’m friends with Chaeyoung.” Seolhyun smiled, although lowkey terrified of the girl.

 

“I see.”

 

“Anyways, Jen why are you here?” Chaeyoung asked again.

 

“You forgot we made plans today. I was waiting.”

 

“We did?” Chaeyoung frowned.

 

“Yes, now let’s go.” Jennie stood up, practically packing Chaeyoung’s things for her.

 

“But I..we..” Chaeyoung was flustered, because she was sure they didn’t made plans.

 

“It’s okay Chaengie, we can just meet up before class?” Seolhyun let the girl go, Jennie Kim was intimidating and the girl wanted to get herself out of there.

 

“Oh okay. I’ll see you on Monday then.” Chaeyoung managed to say, while Jennie was dragging her out.

 

Once in the comfort of Jennie’s personal car, Chaeyoung turned to the girl, “I didn’t know we had plans. When did we have plans?”

 

“You forgot? We haven’t had guitar lessons in a while.” Jennie came up with an excuse and Chaeyoung being so clueless just nodded her head.

 

“Oh yeah, well let’s go then.” Chaeyoung smiled, putting her seatbelt on.

 

The two arrived at Blacklabel. Chaeyoung smiles, thinking of the memories she’s made in this place.

 

“It’s weird being here, and not being in smol form.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“Hey! I’m not that tiny.” Jennie pouted.

 

“You’re not, but after being at my full height again..well..” Chaeyoung decided to tease the girl some more.

 

“Whatever.” Jennie smiled.

 

A few hours in, Jennie’s fingers were hurting like mad and she decided to go buy them some snacks. When she came back, Jennie found Chaeyoung, sitting on the floor singing. Quietly, the girl entered and just watched, letting herself drown in Chaeyoung’s voice.

 

“Stay with me.” Chaeyoung finished singing, smiling to herself.

 

“She dances, plays guitar/piano, and now she sings..what can’t you do?” Jennie came out of hiding, sitting right next to the blonde who had that shy look on her face.

 

“You heard me?”

 

“Yeah..why haven’t you mentioned you sing before?”

 

“Well it never really came up.”

 

“I guess so...you know I never really asked but why don’t you want to be a singer or something? I mean you have the musical ability, the looks, you can dance...like you're practically ready to debut.”

 

“It’s just not my thing. Yes, I love music and singing...but I don’t know...I guess I’m the type that would rather have someone else express my music...but hey who knows maybe one day.” Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders.

 

“I’ll take that..so after uni what do you plan on doing?”

 

“I want to produce music. So hopefully, after I graduate I can set up my own studio. It doesn’t have to be big, just something small to start. I already have some places in mind, some money saved too from my freelance stuff.”

 

“Freelance stuff?”

 

“Yeah, I send my songs to companies and stuff, but it’s under a pen name.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Really?! Have some been chosen?” Jennie asked and Chaeyoung just playfully shrugged her shoulders, “Maybe..maybe not. Who knows.”

 

“Rosie~~ C’mon~~~” Jennie whined, but Chaeyoung kept shut, “Sorry Jen, my lips are sealed.” She chuckled, making a zipping motion across her lips.

 

“Okay fine, but have we picked your song before?” Jennie asked, but Chaeyoung still kept shut.

 

“You know if you don’t tell me I can always squeeze it out of Lisa.” Jennie replied with a winning smirk.

 

“Lisa doesn’t know about my freelance stuff. I’ve been keeping it lowkey...you’re actually the first to know.”

 

“Really?” Jennie smiled so widely her gums showed, she felt so special.

 

“Yeah, not even my family knows. So let’s keep this between us okay.” Chaeyoung put her pinky up.

 

“Promise.” Jennie smiled, intertwining their pinkies together. With a playful smirk, she tugged Chaeyoung closer to her, “But I’m going to get your pen name one way or another Rosie, because I get what I want.” Jennie whispered in the blonde’s ear.

 

The beating of Chaeyoung’s heart was so loud and fast the girl was certain Jennie heard it, “I-I uhm.. I...it’s getting late I should head back.” Chaeyoung quickly got up, and began to pack her things.

 

“But it’s only 8..why don’t we have dinner?” Jennie asked, not wanting to let her go just, but before Chaeyoung could reply, Jennie’s phone began to ring. Glancing at the phone Jennie held back a grimace, while Chaeyoung just urged her to answer, “Raincheck on the dinner? Answer it, you guys rarely see each other right?”

 

“Hi oppa.” Jennie answered the call, Chaeyoung smiled, deciding it was best to leave now.

 

I’ll see you later Jen. Have a good time tonight - Rosie

 

You owe me dinner - Jennie

 

Just let me know when. - Rosie

 

I’ll make it happen as soon as possible! - Jennie

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“So you and Chaeyoung have gotten closer huh.” Jisoo nudged her best friend while the two were heading to their next schedule, Radio Star. The past few days, Jennie has been consistently texting, calling, or facetiming the blonde.

 

“Huh say something Chu?” Jennie turned to the older girl, who just shook her head.

 

Oh Jendeuk...you have it super bad.

 

The recording for the show was going great, but things turned a bit south when the MCs brought up photos from Jennie’s little cafe accident.

 

“Now, Jennie-ah tell us what happened here?” Kim Gura, one of the MCs asked, holding up the photo set. The first photo was when she first arrived, the next was her mid step going towards Chaeyoung’s table, her sitting at the table, and lastly of her dragging the blonde out.

 

“I just went to visit my friend.” Jennie tried to nonchalantly reply, but of course the MCs kept instigating.

 

“I don’t know, look at your eyes here, there’s something there right?” Kim Gook Jin pointed.

 

“I finished work early and my friend was at the cafe nearby so I decided to say hi.”

 

“Really?” Kim Gura tilted his head a bit.

 

“Yeah we’re all friends.” Jisoo spoke up explaining how the three became friends, of course omitting the whole body switching thing.

 

“Ah but she’s pretty.” Youngmi spoke up.

 

“Mhm this is the meaning of birds of a feather flock together.” Kim Gook Jin chuckled and thankfully they moved on to the next topic.

 

In the car, Jisoo finally let her laughter out. She didn’t know Jennie went to see Chaeyoung that day, because when the girl got home she just said that she went to the studio.

 

“You actually dragged her out? Oh Jendeukie that’s hilarious.” Jisoo was dying and texting the whole thing to Lisa.

 

“Well if someone would have just been a good friend then maybe I wouldn’t have had to.” Jennie side eyed Jisoo, who shook her head.

 

“God will you just admit it or something?”

 

“Admit what?”

 

“I’m not going to tell you that. You’ll eventually admit it.”

 

Hopefully in this lifetime. Jisoo sighed.

 

Days later Lisa and Chaeyoung had just finished watching the radio star episode..and now Chaeyoung is trending on Naver and Twitter.

 

Why? Just why? - Rosie.

 

?????? - Jennie.

 

Why do you have to make me trend too. - Rosie

 

Trend?? - Jennie.

 

I’m literally now known as the #BlondeCutie and I know I should be flattered but..it’s weird… -Rosie

 

Jennie frowned and opened up Naver and did see the hashtag, filled with Chayoung’s photos, posts, and even videos all taken from campus or at her work place. Jennie’s frown deeper when she read the comments.

 

Wow! A LITERAL ANGEL!!

 

DAEBAK SHE’S GORGEOUS.

 

MARRY ME!!

 

I’M A FAN! WOW!

 

GUYS HER IG IS @PARKCHAENG

 

“JENDEUKIE! LOOK AT THIS!” Jisoo ran to the girl and showed Jennie her private twitter.

“Chaeng is trending. Wow look at all these photos and videos.” Jisoo was also surprised at how many posts suddenly happened, “Looks like Chaeng’s university fanclub has now increased to the world.” Jisoo teased, but Jennie just ignored the girl and texted Chaeyoung back.

 

OMG I’m so sorry Rosie...the picture was blurry so I didn’t think people would figure out it was you. - Jennie

 

I thought they wouldn’t either... but I guess there’s no going back now...hopefully class will be normal tomorrow. - Rosie.

 

Don’t worry...it’ll be fine. - Jennie

 

Tossing her phone on her bed, Chaeyoung began to mentally prepare for tomorrow.

 

“Okay Chae...see, so far everything is fine.” Lisa smiled, while Chaeyoung was holding tightly onto her arm. The two just arrived on campus and people have been saying Hi to them and whatnot, but so far nothing too crazy.

 

“Thank God.” Chaeyoung sighed in relief, but when they got to the main quad...well things got crazy.

 

“OH THERE SHE IS!” Someone yelled out and soon, Lisa and Chaeyoung were being surrounded by people, talking to her, taking photos and videos.

 

“Wow you’re really pretty!”

 

“How long have you and Jennie been friends?”

 

“Noona noona!!!!”

 

While all this is going on, Lisa tried her best to shield her best friend.

 

“EVERYONE STOP!” Lisa finally lost it and yelled out, causing the crowd to go silent, “Look we have class in like 5 minutes so can we please get through?” Lisa spoke calmly.

 

The crowd nodded, but they kept following the two.

 

“These people I swear Imma..” Lisa was now annoyed, but Chaeyoung tugged her arm.

 

“Everyone don’t you have class today?” Chaeyoung got the courage to speak up. Some people nodded, some shook their heads no.

 

“How about if we all just took a group photo yeah?” Chaeyoung offered, and everyone eagerly agreed.

 

Since there were so many people they had to be split into 4 groups. Everyone was happy and Chaeyoung finally got her personal bubble back.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

In a blink of an eye, the semester was finally over and J’s promotions as well. Chaeyoung and Lisa’s life have become more interesting since the two have been caught hanging out with Jisoo and Jennie. But thankfully, people have been giving them space. As for the two idols, they’ve been busy with work trying to record songs for their next album as well as preparing to go on tour. Which means that the girls haven’t been able to contact each other as much as usual.

 

“So are you excited to go home?” Lisa asked, while Chaeyoung was packing her things.

 

The two always go back to their respective homelands for 2 weeks of summer break, just to take a break and have fun with their families. Sometimes they go with each other and sometimes not. This year they’re going separately.

 

“Well it’s like the middle of winter there so…” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, “What about you? I heard Jisoo got a break..did you ask her to come?” she wiggled her eyebrows at the girl.

 

“I..we..I..we...uhm well no..I mean we’re not like official or anything.” Lisa stuttered.

 

“But you both like each other, why not take the next step?”

 

“Okay I can say the same thing about you and Jennie unnie.” Lisa threw the question back.

 

“First of all, Jen doesn’t like me like that. She’s still dating Jongin oppa...remember when we all went out to dinner. God did you see the way they looked at each other? Second, I’ve already accepted that we’re just friends and we work well like that.”

 

Lisa sighed… She and Jisoo have been working on operation Chaennie for months now...but Jennie is just either too stubborn to admit the truth or just really doesn’t realize it.

 

“Alright...I won’t touch the subject...here let me help. We gotta be at the airport soon.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

“She’s still mad at me?” Chaeyoung frowned, it’s been 2 months since the two girls got back from their trip and Jennie was still pissed at Chaeyoung for just dipping out of the county with no heads up.

 

“Yeah Chae...Jen’s been like super pissed. Jongin oppa, Dara unnie, and I have been lowkey terrified of her lately...but..yeah..” Jisoo trailed off, leaning her head on Lisa’s shoulder. The three girls were in Lisa’s and Chaeyoung’s dorm hanging out. Since Jisoo and Lisa have made it official, the three have hung out more often, sans Jennie because the brunette was pissed at the blonde.

 

“I don’t get it. I mean I didn’t even do anything wrong. I texted her that I was home with my family after I arrived in Australia…” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“Oh you poor baby...I’m so sorry my best friend is a .” Jisoo apologized.

 

“It’s fine Jichu...I get it you know...Jennie wants her own thing and I’m well...not it.”

 

“Look Chae...that’s the thing..Jennie wants her own thing and to put it bluntly she def wants you and I just don’t know why she’s holding herself back.”

 

“I’m sorry what?” Chaeyoung was rattled at the news.

 

“Chae...Jennie unnie likes you. Like it’s so freaking obvious.” Lisa pipped in.

 

“But she..I mean..she’s with Jongin oppa.”

 

And again..Lisa and Jisoo were speechless.

 

“What are we gonna do with you guys.” Jisoo shook her head.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Jennie was not expecting this at all. The girl was supposed to just visit her friends at SM, but she was very surprised to see Chaeyoung there with Red Velvet looking very chummy with them.

 

“Oh Jennie you're here.” Irene smiled, letting the girl into the studio.

 

“Yeah, I brought you guys some drinks..I would have brought extra if I knew you had a guest.” Jennie motioned towards Chaeyoung who was currently discussing something with Seulgi and Wendy.

 

“That’s right you know Rosé err Chaeyoung.” Irene smiled.

 

“Rosé??” Jennie furrowed her brows.

 

“Yeah she wrote our new hit and we found out that she’s been the mystery writer just a few days ago. Our other producer had an emergency and asked her to help us out.” Irene explained, before dragging the girl inside.

 

“Alright kids it’s break time. We have a guest.” Irene announced motioning towards Jennie.

 

“Oh Jennie hey!” The other girls greeted Jennie while Chaeyoung looked like she saw a ghost.

 

“Hey guys, Rosie.”

 

“Jen..hey uhm..” Chaeyoung was flustered suddenly remembering how Jennie told her she’d figure out her pen name one way or another.

 

“Let’s talk after you're done yeah?” Jennie smiled, but Chaeyoug knew..she knew there was more to that smile.

 

Jennie doesn’t like this nope..nope she does not like this. She doesn’t like seeing how the Red Velvet girls are practically all over Chaeyoung.

 

“Jen..relax your fist.” Irene took a seat, noticing how tight the younger girl’s fists.

 

“Huh? Oh..” Jennie eased up.

 

“What’s up with you?” Irene asked, following the girl’s line of sight.

 

Oh..Chu I see it now Irene tried to hide her smile. Jisoo mentioned that Jennie’s been on a tyrant lately, but seeing it now..well Irene isn’t stupid.

 

“I just want to have another comeback as well.”

 

“Well aren’t you guys releasing another album soon and then going on tour?”

 

“Yeah..we’re almost done just a few more songs.” Jennie smiled, she really was excited to release another album and see their fans again.

 

“Nice, hey maybe you guys could use Chaeyoung’s songs. She’s amazing. You should have seen our faces when we found out who the mystery writer Rosé is.” Irene chuckled and continued, “Like can you believe a 22 year old wrote Level up? RBB? Candy? Would U? And now our new song, Psycho.” Irene was amazed.

 

“What?” Jennie was stunned, Chaeyoung mentioned freelancing but this is not just some amateur work. Chaeyoung’s songs have literally topped the charts.

 

“Mhm crazy right?!”

 

“Irene unnie it’s your turn. I was thinking for this part you can go..” Chaeyoung called Irene over and began to explain some things and asked the girl for her opinion as well. Jennie watched the blonde work and damn she just looked extra attractive.

 

“Isn’t she amazing?” Joy sat down next to Jennie, both girls watching the blonde while instructing Irene who was in the booth.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“She’s single right?” Joy asked, and Jennie whipped her head towards the dark haired girl.

 

“Uhm I think. Rosie hasn’t mentioned anything.” Jennie frowned, not liking that feeling in her stomach again.

 

“Perfect.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The recording finished, but Jennie’s mood was visibly bad...the Velvet girls were high key avoiding her, which resulted in them being more clingy with Chaeyoung, which got Jennie’s blood boiling even more.

 

“I’ll just take Jen back. Maybe we can do dinner another time?” Chaeyoung offered, noticing how quiet the brunette had been.

 

“Yeah sure Chaeng, I’ll text you.” Joy smiled. Chaeyoung nodded and led Jennie out.

 

“I thought Jennie unnie was going to murder us.” Yeri spoke up after the door closed.

 

“Same...I couldn’t look her in the eye.” Seulgi shuddered.

 

That girl..she’s so obvious. Irene smirked to herself.

 

“Alright, what’s wrong.” Chaeyoung tugged on Jennie’s hand while the two were heading towards Jennie’s car.

 

“Nothing.” Jennie replied, releasing her hand from Chaeyoung’s hold and stomping angrily forward.

 

“Okay no there’s definitely something.” Chaeyoung grabbed her arm again.

 

“It’s nothing Rosie.”

 

“Jennie please. Talk to me, I can tell something is up with you..Is this still about me leaving without telling you? If it is, I’m sorry. I knew you were busy and I was going to be gone for two weeks anyways, but hey in my defense I still tried to text.” Chaeyoung looked deeply into Jennie’s eyes, trying to figure out what’s going on in her head. The blonde was so sincere, but Jennie was still being stubborn.

 

“I’m just tired.” Jennie replied.

 

“Alright, just get some rest then.” Chaeyoung opened the driver’s door for Jennie.

 

“Do you want a lift back?” Jennie offered, she may be annoyed at the blonde but she still cares.

 

“Nah, I have some errands to run. Now go.”

 

When Jennie got home she slammed the door shut, scaring Jisoo and the dogs.

 

“What the hell? Jennie?” Jisoo looked at her best friend who looked like she was about ready to throat punch someone.

 

“Hey you okay?”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Jennie huffed, before running into her room and slamming the door shut.

 

Something happened to Jendeuk..SEND HELP. - LOML CHU

 

Lisa read the text from her girlfriend and on cue, Chaeyoung walked through the door looking exhausted.

 

“Hey your back late.”

 

“Hey Lis..yeah had some stuff to do.”

 

“You okay Chong-ah?” Lisa asked with furrowed brows.

 

“It’s just I ran into Jen today and she was being all weird.” Chaeyoung ruffled her hair.

 

Oh you clueless chipmunk you made her all green didn’t you Lisa held back a smile, “How so? Wait where were you that you ran into her?”

 

So with no other choice, Chaeyoung explained it all to Lisa.

 

“YOU LITTLE! YOU HID THAT FROM ME?! ME!! YOUR BEST FRIEND!! HOW COULD YOU!” Lisa dramatically fake cried.

 

“Look, it was supposed to be a secret until graduation..but yeah..can we move on from that please..besides this is the first time I’m actually physically at the recording and not just texting the producers.” Chaeyoung explained.

“Okay got it..back to unnie...Chae it’s really obvious what’s wrong with her.”

 

“Well enlighten me please, because she’s been giving me the cold shoulder..and I do miss her.” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“Unnie is jealous duh. I mean you just told me how you spent most of the time talking with the Red Velvet members, I’m sure in unnie’s eyes it looked like it was more than that.” Lisa gave a knowing look.

 

“Ayyyy no way. Besides she’s with Jongin oppa and she’s also not the jealous type, remember when that one girl came up to oppa and she really didn’t care.”

 

“Trust me Chae. In fact, please calm her down, because according to my turtle rabbit, she came home ready to yell bloody murder.” Lisa patted Chaeyoung’s shoulder, before heading to her room to answer Jisoo’s call.

 

That evening after getting ready for bed, Chaeyoung couldn’t sleep knowing that Jennie was in a bad mood and that she was the cause of it.

 

I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that I was going back to Australia. You guys were busy and the end of the semester is really hectic for me as well...Forgive me? - Rosie

 

Chaeyoung waited a bit, but seeing how the girl wasn’t responding she knew she needed to bring the big guns out.

 

Hope Not and Don’t Know What To Do - Rosie

 

??? - Jennie

 

The girl finally responded.

 

Songs I wrote...that you guys sung. - Rosie.

 

Jennie read the text, blinked multiple times, and read it again.

 

“WHAT?” She yelled out loud, startling her poor dog Kuma.

 

YOU DID?! - Jennie.

 

Yeah...so are we good now? - Rosie

 

Pouting, Jennie typed her reply.

 

I was really sad you know...you didn’t even tell me before. I didn’t even get to say bye or anything… - Jennie

 

I’m sorry. I promise you next time I’ll tell you beforehand. - Rosie

 

I missed you. - Jennie

 

It was only two weeks. - Rosie

 

Still…… - Jennie

 

Alright, it’s all my fault. I’m sowwy… - Rosie

 

Forgive Rosie pleeaassseeee.. - Rosie

 

I missed you too - Rosie

 

Jennie couldn’t help herself but to smile at the cute little texts and emojis Chaeyoung was sending her.

 

Fine, I’ll forgive you on ONE condition. - Jennie

 

Okay what is it? - Rosie

 

Take me with you whenever you have to work with the Red Velvet girls in the studio. - Jennie.

 

Huh? But aren’t you busy? Won’t you be bored...ahh..I get it..you want to run into oppa. - Rosie

 

“What no!” Jennie loudly exclaimed, typing a reply before she could stop herself.

 

No! I want to keep an eye on you because Joy might steal you away from me. - Jennie

 

Widening her eyes, Chaeyoung was shocked because Lisa was right.

 

“Maybe I do have a chance.” Chaeyoung giggled to herself.

 

Don’t worry..no one is going to take me away from you Jen. -Rosie

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“So then Hyung was like YAH! And ran after Sehun and it was so funny, I couldn’t stop laughing.” Jongin chuckled, remembering what happened in the practice room the other day. Him and Jennie are currently out on a date, but the shorter brunette’s mind is elsewhere…

 

It’s almost 9 they should be done by now...why hasn’t Rosie called me.

 

“Babe?”

I wonder if she ate already...she’s been skipping meals these past few weeks...juggling the recording and cafe work..and the semester is about to start up again…

 

“Jen??”

 

Maybe I should send her and Lisa some food later...but she could be sleeping..but she hasn’t texted me..she said she’ll text me.

 

“Jennie hey.” Jongin poked Jennie’s shoulder and the girl was pulled out of her musing.

 

“Huh? Oppa, what were you saying?”

 

“It’s nothing.” Jonging replied, clearly annoyed.

 

“I’m sorry...I got lost in thought.” Jennie replied, feeling guilty that she’s with her boyfriend, but her mind can’t stop thinking about someone else.

 

“I noticed. You’ve been doing that a lot more lately. Is there something going on?” Jongin asked.

 

“Nothing, just thinking about stuff.”

 

“Jennie...you know you can tell me anything right?”

 

“Of course..it’s nothing really.”

 

“Okay.” Jongin nodded his head before he suddenly remembered the favor Chanyeol asked him, “Oh by the way Chanyeol is asking if he can get Chaeyoung’s number.”

 

“What?” Jennie frowned.

 

“I guess he ran into her with Sooyoung in the studio the other day. And she refused to give Chaeyoung’s contact information..looks like those two are fighting over your friend Jen.” Jongin chuckled.

 

The other day??? What day?? Rosie didn’t tell me she went to the studio recently...and what was she doing with Joy? And Chanyeol really? Really. Jennie frowned.

 

“So what is it?” Jongin asked, handing Jennie his phone so she can send it to Chanyeol, but Jennie was still in deep thought.

 

If I give her number then what? First it was Seolhyun, then Joy, and now Chanyeol. Why can’t they just leave my Rosie..wait My?? I...mean..Rosie did say no one is going to take her away from me...but those two are already trying to take her away…No. No that won’t happen. I’m sorry Chanyeol oppa but there is no way in hell I’m going to give you a way to contact Rosie.

 

“Jennie?”

 

“I’m sorry oppa...I have to go.” Jennie bid goodbye, before the guy could get another word out.

 

Jennie ran out of the restaurant and hailed a cab, the taxi driver was stunned but Jennie could care less. Rushing to Lisa’s and Chaeyoung’s dorm, Jennie knocked on their door profusely until Lisa finally opened up.

 

“Unnie? Why are you here? It’s late.” Lisa frowned, it was already 1030 at night.

 

“Rosie. Where is she?” Jennie asked, walking inside to Chaeyoung’s room.

 

“Chae? Oh she should be here any..” Lisa followed after the shorter girl after shutting the door.

 

“Lisa I’m back!” Chaeyoung’s voice rang through the corridor.

 

“Speak of the devil, CHAE! Over here you have a visitor.” Lisa yelled out.

 

“Visitor? This late? Is it Jichu..what are you two..” Chaeyoung’s words died out when she saw Jennie standing in front of her looking at her with an unreadable expression.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie breathed out and hugged the blonde tightly.

 

“Woah Jen..careful.” Chaeyoung breathed out, luckily the two didn’t fall over.

 

“I’ll just be in my room.” Lisa excused herself, shutting the door to give the two some privacy and to call Jisoo and tell her what’s going on right away.

 

“What’s going on?” Chaeyoung asked after she heard the door shut.

 

“I just needed to see you.” Jennie replied, lifting her head up, resting her chin on Chaeyoung’s chest.

 

“I mean you could have facetimed me.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, lifting a hand to move the stray strand of hair away from Jennie’s face, her other hand still wrapped around Jennie’s waist.

 

“Yeah..but I needed to physically see you Rosie.”

 

“Okay..I guess.”

 

After a while of just having the taller girl in her arms, Jennie finally released her.

 

“You good?” Chaeyoung asked, but she was met with a frowning girl instead.

Okay one minute she’s being all clingy and cute and now she looks like she’s about to kill me. Chaeyoung swallowed, feeling nervous under Jennie’s intense glare.

 

“Come here.” Jennie forced Chaeyoung to sit at the edge of her bed, while she dragged her desk chair over.

 

Still with a frown Jennie sat down in front of the blonde, grabbed her purse and took out some tissues. Cupping Chaeyoung’s chin and tilting it to the left slightly, Jennie spoke up, “Why is it that I always have to be wiping some other girl’s kiss mark from your cheek?” She asked while not so gently rubbing on Chaeyoung’s cheeks.

 

“Ow ow hey that hurts.” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“Well if whoever kissed you didn’t use such a bright red color then it would be easier.” Jennie said, rubbing harder with each word.

 

“Jennie okay okay stop. I’ll go wash it off.” Chaeyoung finally had to hold the other girl’s hand, if not Jennie may rub part of the upper layer of her skin off.

 

“So who is it? Seolhyun? Joy?” Jennie asked following Chaeyoung into the bathroom.

 

Peeking out of one eye, Chaeyoung had to stop herself from cooing, because Jennie was definitely jealous and she looked quite adorable leaning on the door frame, arms crossed, with a slight pout.

 

“Hmm since it’s a darker shade I think Sooyoung, Seol likes lighter pinks.” Chaeyoung teased, while she continued to wash her face.

 

“Yah!” Jennie pinched Chaeyoung’s side.

 

“Ow hey!” Chaeyoung groaned, patting her face dry.

 

“Just how many times have those two kissed you that you can tell what shade they often wear? Actually, why are you even taking note of their lips in the first place huh?”

 

Chaeyoung pretended to think, walking back to her room unpacking her bag, “Hmmm let’s see there was that time...oh and then that too..wait I think that was the forehead...so that counts..oh oh also…” Chaeyoung was teasing the dumpling cheeked girl, who was turning an angry red.

 

“YAH PARK CHAEYOUNG YOU!” Jennie started to smack the girl on her shoulder.

 

“Ah Jennie hey ow hey stop.” Chaeyoung held Jennie’s hands to stop her, “I was just joking.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“Joking? Joking? NOT A GOOD JOKE ROSIE!” Jennie huffed.

 

“I didn’t know it would rile you up so much.” Chaeyoung lied, of course she knew. Ever since Lisa pointed it out, Chaeyoung had noticed how possessive Jennie was towards her, “Look Jen they don’t kiss me all the time okay? Seolhyun just that one time at the cafe remember? And this was from Sooyoung and it’s the first time I swear and we’ve been hanging out practically this entire week.” Chaeyoung defended herself, doing so well until the end.

 

“Wait wait you were with Joy this entire week?”

 

“We were working and hung out after.”

 

“Didn’t I say to bring me with you whenever you guys would have a recording?”

 

“Lisa mentioned that Jichu told her that you guys were having a hectic week, barely any time to yourselves. So..”

 

“You could have at least told me.”

 

Chaeyoung tried her best to act all nonchalant but she couldn’t stop the smile and soft chuckle from escaping. A jealous dumpling is just too cute in her eyes.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

“I just think it’s really cute how you're acting all jealous here like my girlfriend or something.”

 

“G-g-g-girlfriend?” Jennie stammered. Her heart fluttered at the term.

 

I think it would be nice...being her girlfriend. Going on dates. Holding her hand. Hugging her every night. Kissing her. Jennie’s imagination began to run wild.

 

“I’m just teasing you.” Chaeyoung awkwardly chuckled, taking a small step away from Jennie, once again being reminded she and Jennie are just friends; however, Jennie was still in a daze, her eyes watching Chaeyoung’s lips. Just daydreaming about how good it would be to be with Chaeyoung.

 

“Jen?” Chaeyoung noticed how the girl was in a daze with a silly smile on her face.

 

“Jennie?” Chaeyoung stepped closer, leaning down to check on the girl, “Hey you..” But Chaeyoung’s words were cut off by Jennie’s lips. Chaeyoung’s eyes widened in shock, but she soon found herself melting into the kiss.

 

“Okay?” Chaeyoung breathed out after the two pulled apart, foreheads leaning on one another’s.

 

“I..Rosie..I..” Jennie stepped back, finally realizing what just happened, “Uhm I..I’ll just go.” Jennie was tripping over her two feet.

 

“Jen..” But Jennie was gone.

 

“LISA!” Chaeyoung barged into Lisa’s room freaking out.

 

“Wait wait Chong-ah did you just say that she kissed you like on the lips?!” Lisa was wide eyed, holding Chaeyoung square on the shoulder.

 

“Yes and like we both kind of freaked out and she ran off and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. Especially since she’s currently still in a relationship!” Chaeyoung was flailing her arms all over.

 

Meanwhile, Jennie came back to the dorm and the first thing she said was, “CHU I HAVE A PROBLEM!”

 

“Jen? What happened??” Jisoo was worried, because Jennie was pacing back and forth nervously.

 

“I..we..Rosie..She..uhm..”

 

“Jennie..take a breath okay. What happened to Chae?” Jisoo was worried, thinking something bad had happened to the blonde, already heading to the front door with phone in hand.

 

“I kissed her.” Jennie said in the smallest voice, but Jisoo caught it.

 

“Jennie Kim repeat that.” Jisoo marched right back to Jennie.

 

“I kissed Rosie...and she kissed me back.” Jennie blushed, her stomach doing flips, heart racing at just the thought of the kiss.

 

“SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! JENNIE KIM YOU KISSED CHAEYOUNG!” Jisoo yelled.

 

Damn Jen, I just wanted you to admit your feelings not go straight for the kiss. Jisoo wanted to laugh at how cute Jennie looked right now all flustered.

 

“Yeah..and it felt so good..like it was perfect.” Jennie smiled dreamily, but Jisoo had to shatter Jennie’s dream.

 

“How about Jongin oppa?”

 

And there it was the look went from dreamy to OH in 0.1 seconds.

 

“.” Jennie breathed out, “What am I going to do?” the brunette plopped onto the couch, feeling horrible.

 

“Well Jendeuk, you have to choose..Chaeyoung or Jongin Oppa.” Jisoo pulled Jennie into a side hug.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

It’s been a month since the kiss...but nothing’s changed. Jennie had been avoiding both Chaeyoung and Jongin, diving head first into work to keep busy.

 

“Jendeuk you can’t keep avoiding the whole thing.” Jisoo patted the girl on her shoulder, coming back home to Jennie staring off into space, her phone going off with Jongin’s texts. It’s been 2 weeks since Jennie texted Jongin that they needed a break and the boy had been non stop texting her.

 

“Well what am I supposed to do?”

 

“I told you...pick one.”

 

“It’s not that easy Chu.”

 

“Why don’t you tell me how you feel about oppa?”

 

“He’s handsome, kind, caring, understanding, hardworking, and someone that’s been through a lot of my ups and downs.”

 

“That’s it?” Jisoo looked at Jennie waiting for more, but the girl just stopped there.

 

“Okay..now what about Chae?”

 

“Rosie...she’s beautiful, smart, kind, caring, sweet, caring, hardworking.”

 

“So like a female Jongin oppa?” Jisoo raised a brow.

 

“No she’s different from oppa. With Rosie, it’s so easy to just be Jennie, just Jennie. I don’t have to hide anything. With Rosie, idol Jennie doesn’t exist. And God Chu, she makes my heart leap out of my chest with how breathtaking she is and when she sings. Chu why is she so perfect.” Jennie went on a long rant.

 

“Jendeuk..do you really still not know the answer?”

 

“Jisoo.” Jennie looked at the girl with a new light in her eyes.

 

“Go.” Jisoo, urged Jennie to go with a smile on her face, wasting no time Jennie got up ready to run out, but when she opened the door she was surprised to see Chaeyoung with boxes all over her.

 

“Oh Hi.” Chaeyoung awkwardly chuckled, “I just uhm, I texted Jichu and I didn’t expect you to be home.”

 

“Okay..uhm what’s all this?” Jennie gestured to the boxes, feeling her heart race at the sight of the blonde girl.

 

God I missed you so much. Jennie just wanted to hold Chaeyoung and never let her go.

 

“These are all the things a certain someone bought while stuck in my body.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“Rosie..you didn’t have to.. I told you to let me spoil you.” Jennie frowned, while Chaeyoung just kept trying to get the boxes into the older girl’s dorm.

 

“Still...it’s too much.” Chaeyoung avoided Jennie’s stare, side stepping around the shorter girl dropping a few boxes inside.

 

“Rosie, seriously.” But Chaeyoung just kept moving the boxes. Hearing all the shuffling, Jisoo walked over thinking that Jennie forgot to shut the door only to see Jennie watching Chaeyoung move a bunch of boxes.

 

“Okay that was fast is Chae already moving in?” Jisoo chuckled, Jennie looked at her best friend with wide eyes, but luckily Chaeyoung was too busy trying to carry the heavy boxes to hear what Jisoo said.

 

“Chu!” Jennie hissed at her best friend.

 

“Hey Jichu, sorry I know it’s late.”

 

“No Rosie..I think your timing is impeccable.” Jisoo smirked, knowing for a fact that it’ll rattle Jennie, “In fact, why don’t you two do whatever it is this is and I’ll go grab us some late night snacks.” Jisoo escaped before Jennie’s green monster could tear her to pieces.

 

“Park Chaeyoung.” Jennie spoke lowly, after Jisoo shut their door, trapping the blonde against the door.

 

“Uhm Jen..” Chaeyoung gulped, Jennie was looking at her with so much intensity.

 

“Why is Chu calling you Rosie?” Jennie glared.

 

“What?”

 

“Just now, she called you Rosie. I thought we’ve established that after your sister, only I can call you Rosie.” Jennie huffed.

 

“I don’t know Jen...uhm.” Chaeyoung found it hard to breathe with how close Jennie was standing.

 

“Okay, well I just want to make it clear.” Jennie paused, her eyes lingering on Chaeyoung’s lips, “Rosie is mine.” She smirked, and pulled the girl in for a deep kiss.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Who was that and what were you guys doing? - Wifey

 

Huh? - Hubby

 

/Screenshot/ This ? - Wifey

 

Chaeyoung read the post from her girlfriend, yes girlfriend. After that kiss three days ago and Jennie finally confessing and ending things with Jongin. The two are finally official.

 

It’s Hyeri unnie’s friend..don’t worry she’s taken. - Wifey

 

“Okay Jen give it to me.” Jisoo grabbed Jennie’s phone from her hand.

 

“Heyyyy give that back” Jennie whined.

 

“I think you can survive a few hours without stalking your girl.” Jisoo teased.

 

“Excuse me, I’m not a stalker!”

 

“Oh Jen you have been calling and texting Chaeyoung for days now!” Sandara chuckled, the two girls were heading to the studio to finish recording their last song for their new album.

 

“I just...I really..really like her.” Jennie shyly admitted and both Jisoo and Sandara cooed.

 

“We been knew.” Jisoo chuckled.

 

“Alright so can I have my cellular device back.” Jennie pouted.

 

“Here.” Jisoo handed the girl her phone back.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Hubby~” Jennie padded over to Chaeyoung who, along with Lisa, decided to visit their girlfriends who were preparing to leave for their world tour. The nickname coming out of her lips naturally, ever since Jisoo and Lisa teased the two that they act like a married couple.

 

“Hi.” Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around her girlfriend’s waist.

 

“Ugh get a room.” Lisa gramced, her arms also around Jisoo’s waist.

 

“Like you two are any different.” Chaeyoung poked her tongue out at Lisa.

 

“So you all packed?” Chaeyoung asked after Jennie led her to her room.

 

“Yep, now come cuddle with me.” Jennie pulled her girlfriend onto the bed with her.

 

“I’m going to miss you.” Jennie snuggled closer into Chaeyoung’s arms, inhaling her girlfriend’s sweet scent, while the blonde ran her fingers through Jennie’s hair.

 

“I’m going to miss you too Wifey.” Chaeyoung whispered, placing a gentle kiss on top of the shorter girl’s head.

 

“Can you just come with me?”

 

“You know I have class and uhm work...”

 

“Work?” Jennie sat up, “What kind of work?”

 

“Just another freelance gig.”

 

“But you don’t usually show up at the studio. Who is it?” Jennie frowned.

 

“I can’t tell you.”

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

“Wifey, it was in the agreement okay.”

 

“Fine, but I have eyes everywhere babe.” Jennie looked at her girl.

 

“Well that’s okay because my eyes are only on you.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Can we talk please? - Hubby

 

I told you that this discussion is over. - Wifey

 

Well discussion forcibly opened up again. - Hubby

 

Are we seriously going to fight about me going to the airport to pick you up? - Hubby

 

I really want you to come but the media and the fans...what if they’ll swarm you and you get hurt? - Wifey.

 

I told you I’ll be fine. People are over the news anyways. - Hubby

 

It’s been two months, Jennie and Jisoo are finally coming home and Chaeyoung offered to pick Jennie up from the airport but of course the girl said no, scared for her safety. Especially what happened when the media broke the girl’s dating news after getting caught on a double date. They could have played it off as friends hanging out, if it wasn’t for the kiss the two brunettes planted on their taller girls. The next day, Lisa and Chaeyoung were surrounded by fans, some getting too close for comfort. Of course the photos were all over social media, both Jennie and Jisoo losing their minds worried for their girls. So, when Chaeyoung offered to pick them up from the airport, well Jennie did not even put it up for discussion.

 

No Chaeyoung. Just wait at the dorm. - Wifey

 

“What did she say?” Lisa asked, looking over Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

 

“A def no..”

 

“But are we going to listen to them?”

 

“And suffer the wrath of Jensoo? Are you sure Lis?” Chaeyoung looked at her best friend with a scared look on her face.

 

“It’ll be a nice surprise, I’m sure we can convince Minzy unnie to take us, c’mon.” Lisa smiled.

 

“Okay fine, but if Jen asks it was your idea.” Chaeyoung replied following after her best friend.

 

The two girls got to the airport, waiting in J’s van until Minzy got a text from Sandara.

 

“Okay girls they’re about to come out. Now if they ask I was against this entire thing.” Minzy smiled, while Lisa opened the car door.

 

The media and fans were all waiting outside the arrival hall, of course Lisa and Chaeyoung tried to be discreet, but the giant bouquet of flowers were kind of a give away. So of course they started taking pictures.

 

“What the?” Jennie and Jisoo were glaring at their girls who were too stubborn to listen.

 

“Surprise?” Chaeyoung and Lisa smiled, while handing the girls the flowers.

 

“Just wait till we get back.” The two whispered with gritted teeth, accepting the flowers, linking their arms together.

 

The ride back to J’s dorm was quiet. Minzy and Sandara tried to make small talk, but the 4 girls were just quiet.

 

“Okay here we are oh and in my defense they forced me.” Minzy smiled, after helping the girls to their dorm.

 

“Lisa bedroom now.” Jisoo commanded, and Lisa looked at her best friend with fear in her eyes, but the blonde couldn’t do anything because Jennie’s was also staring daggers into her soul.

 

“What part of wait at the dorm did you not understand Park Chaeyoung?” Jennie glared at her girlfriend.

 

“I wanted to see you right away.” Chaeyoung pouted, trying to melt her angry dumpling.

 

“I know you did, but what if you got hurt?” Jennie asked, checking to make sure Chaeyoung wasn’t hurt earlier in the crowd.

 

“But I didn't, right?” Chaeyoung smiled, bending down trying to catch Jennie’s gaze.

 

“The only reason why I’m not mad anymore is because I missed you too.” Jennie finally relented, kissing her girlfriend senseless after 2 months of not seeing each other.

 

“I love you.” Chaeyoung smiled after the two pulled apart.

 

“I love you more.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Okay well this was super rushed...so...it literally lol. But let me know what y'all think regardless.