When You Look Me In The Eyes pt. 4

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

It’s been a year since Jennie left. Chaeyoung has just been barely keeping herself together. She tried looking for the girl, but it’s like Jennie didn’t want to be found. No one knew where the shorter girl went. Chaeyoung had already explained everything to her and Jennie’s parents. Jennie’s parents told Chaeyoung they only received hand written letters from her, but there was no return address..the private jet stopped in multiple different countries, so they couldn’t be sure exactly where she was. Jennie left no traces behind, her always meticulous nature made it seem like Jennie Kim didn’t exist.

 

“Chae...we’ll find her.” Jisoo gave Chaeyoung a reassuring smile, but Chaeyoung was starting to lose hope. The two were having lunch together as friends, nothing more and nothing less..

 

That day, when Jennie left...she had texted Jisoo…

 

Jennie was at the airport, passport in hand, ready to go. Her heart wanted to stay...but her mind knew she couldn’t.

 

“You can’t hurt them again Jennie...not again.” Jennie softly told herself as she scrolled through the photos she took of Chaeyoung while the girl wasn’t looking.

 

“Yeah karma is a .” Jennie sniffled, trying to keep her heart together for just a little while longer until she’s safely in her private jet.

 

When she took her seat, Jennie had to fulfill one last thing.

 

‘Chu..I’m sorry. Rosie needs you, please go see her and give her all the love that I’m not allowed to give her. Take my Rosie to the moon for me.’

 

Jennie smiled, remembering the time she and Chaeyoung watched Inside Out together. And how Chaeyoung told her, offhandedly how she wanted someone to love her to the moon and back. Jennie chuckled, at that memory also remembering how she teased Chaeyoung about it all the time...who knew she would end up wanting to be that person. Funny how life works out sometimes...

 

Jennie sent the message. Then she shut her phone off, took out the sim card, and destroyed it.

 

“I love you Rosie.” Jennie looked out the window, watching as the city got smaller and smaller. Jennie left her heart in Seoul and she knows she’ll never have it again.

 

“Unnie..I..I’m sorry.” Chaeyoung apologized once again.

 

“Chaeyoung, stop apologizing...it’s okay. I kind of had a feeling you still cared for her even back then.” Jisoo smiled and Chaeyoung shook her head no, “I did care for you..I did and I’m sorry that I hurt you so much. I’m sorry that I…”

 

“Chae I just said stop, it’s making me feel all weird and awkward. What’s important is that you remember the past correctly now.” Jisoo smiled, genuinely.

 

As the months passed by without Jennie, Chaeyoung was slowly regaining her proper memories. It was weird at first, but after everything came back to her, Chaeyoung understood. She understood why Jennie left her. She understood why Jennie gave her the best possible memory the night before she left. Chaeyoung understood it all. But that didn’t and doesn’t make things any easier. Still, Chaeyoung didn’t want to give up. She can’t, not when they might finally get a proper chance this time...after all, third times the charm right?

 

Meanwhile, somewhere in this world a certain Jennie Kim or Ruby Jane as she now goes by was working away in her office. She may have left Korea, but she still ran her company. Of course, she had everyone sign a confidentiality agreement to keep her whereabouts an absolute secret or be terminated immediately.

 

“Ms. Kim you have a visitor.” Yeri announced over their private intercom. Yes, Jennie’s assistant from Korea followed her boss. The younger girl saw how broken Jennie had been and decided to relocate, and Jennie was very thankful.

 

“Who is it?” Jennie asked, she didn’t really have any friends and basically went from her house to work everyday, but Yeri wasn’t able to tell her because suddenly a dark haired tall woman barged into her office while she said, “You deserved this you know.”

 

“Long time no see to you too Lisa.” Jennie sarcastically replied, masking the surprise in her voice.

 

“I’m still mad at you...actually no, I’m even more mad at you.” Lisa ignored Jennie’s little quip, making herself comfortable on the girl’s chair.

 

“Why are you here? How did you even find me? And why do you always barge in without permission?” Jennie sighed, hoping that a certain chipmunk won’t barge into her office anytime soon.

 

“I have my own ways, but I’m here to give you the I told you so speech.” Lisa began, her friendly demeanor changing to a very serious tone,“You know unnie...Chaeyoung loved you so much. She would do so many little things for you back then, but you just took them all for granted. You took it all for granted and I really hated how she had to be the only one that was broken over..”

 

“Lisa...you’re just telling me the same thing you told me a year ago, so why are you really here?” Jennie rubbed her temples.

 

It was a week before their third anniversary, Jennie was stressing out because she wanted to do something special for Chaeyoung, but at the same time she didn’t want to cross the boundary she had put between them. Jennie was always close to Chaeyoung, but there would be times where she would put a distance between them. Why? Because she had too, because she didn’t want to keep that promise she has with Jisoo...because she was scared that this time it’s her that falls without having anyone to catch her.

 

“What should I do?” Jennie really had no idea.

 

“Jennie Kim.” Lisa barged into Jennie’s office, slamming her desk on the older girl’s desk and looked at her with such a stern gaze Jennie almost, almost cowered. But of course she didn’t and returned Lisa’s gaze with one just as fierce.

 

“What is it Manoban?” Jennie raised a brow.

 

“What did I tell you in the hospital? I told you to keep your distance didn’t I? I told you not to make her fall for you again?! But no, you didn’t listen. And now Chae…” Lisa trailed off, plopping her tall frame on the chair, ruffling her hair in frustration.

 

“Lisa…”

 

“She’s falling for you again, and I know you won’t…”

 

“I’ll catch her this time.” Jennie interrupted Lisa.

 

“Yeah right. I’ll believe it when I see it...but unnie let me ask you...how do you think Chaeyoung will feel when she wakes up one day and realizes the happy memories she thought she had with you weren’t actually you? That you’re the person that played her in the past? Don’t you think it’ll hurt her even more this time? What about Jisoo unnie...don’t you think she doesn’t see it? God just how selfish do you have to be?” Lisa spoke calmly, but there was a slight venom to her words, “You hurt them in the past, and now you're going to do it again. I told myself that I would protect Chaeyoung...but if you really do love her then I hope you can find a way to not hurt her..to not hurt either of them.” When Lisa was done, she stood up and walked away, not even sparing Jennie one last glance. But when she was about to walk out Jennie spoke up, “You love her don’t you.” It stopped the taller girl momentarily, but she didn’t answer.

 

“Come back home.” Lisa cut straight to the chase.

 

“Why? She signed the papers you know.” Jennie slightly flinched, remembering the day her lawyer told her Chaeyoung had signed the papers, finalizing their divorce.

 

“I know she did but unnie.” Lisa’s voice was soft, the softest Jennie had ever heard the young girl speak to her.

 

“There’s no buts Lisa. I’m not like you. I can’t do it. It’ll break me.” Jennie turned away from Lisa’s gaze, which softened at each word that left the older girl’s mouth.

 

“I know..you’re not me. You’re the girl that she chose...you’re the one that made her happy, truly happy. Yes, you guys had a rocky past..but somehow the universe pulled you guys together.” Lisa paused, trying to keep her composure, “Before she met you again there was a time when I could light her up when things got hard for her. So she wouldn’t have to wander in the dark for long. So she won’t be in despair. But then she met you and although you didn’t love her like she did back then, you became her light. Even after she left you. She told us that nothing would change when you two got married. It confused me...I always felt like there were more to her words. And sometimes I hate it when I’m right. Nothing did change, because it had always been you. Yeah, Jisoo unnie was there, she helped pick her heart back together, and Chae did care for...but the love Park Chaeyoung had and currently has for Jennie Kim..it’s the kind of love that I wish I had.” Lisa finally broke down...she’s hidden it for so long. Yes, Jennie had caught on, but Lisa herself wasn’t ready to say it out loud.

 

“Lisa..” Jennie stood up, pulling the girl tightly into her embrace.

 

“I love her. I have loved her. And I will most likely keep loving her. But she doesn’t love me, never has loved me, and will never love me...please unnie...come back to her. She needs you.” Lisa begged. In all the years that Lisa had been with Chaeyoung, she knew that somewhere along the way, she had fallen in love with her best friend, but she also knew her place. That’s why Lisa promised herself that even though Chaeyoung can’t look at her like she does, then at least she can protect her and be by her side as her best friend. Her platonic soulmate.

 

“I..” For once, the ever outspoken Jennie Kim was at a loss for words.

 

“Come back home with me. She’s been looking for you, hiring hundreds of private investigators. It’ll only be a matter of time before she finds you. So just come back okay?”

 

“Lisa...I can’...”

 

“If you say ‘can’t’ then, I’ll just stay here. Follow you around like glue and ask you every day until you say yes.” The emotional Lisa suddenly changed to the childish girl Jennie knows her to be.

 

“Suit yourself.” Jennie decided to call Lisa’s possible bluff.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Lisa was not bluffing. She really had been sticking to Jennie like glue.

 

“Lisa please it’s been 3 weeks. Go home.” Jennie was starting to lose her patience. When she leaves for work the girl is there, when she’s at work the girl is hanging out in her office, when she leaves to go eat Lisa tags along, and even goes to her house at night. Literally the only time she leaves Jennie alone is when the older girl uses the bathroom or at night after work.

 

“C’mon unnie just come home.” Lisa was once again knocking on the front door of Jennie’s house.

 

“Don’t you have work to do? I’m sure she’s looking for you.” Jennie just wanted to enjoy her weekend alone, and wallow in misery but with Lisa around she hasn’t had a chance to do that or to think of anything else for that matter.

 

“I told Chae I had some personal matters to take care of.”

 

“You..just leave Lisa please.” Jennie closed her eyes, trying to keep her annoyance at bay.

 

“I told you, I’m not going back without you.”

 

“You’re really annoying, you know that.” Jennie rolled her eyes.

 

“I like to call it determination and perseverance.” Lisa smiled proudly.

 

“Yeah well, can I just get the Lisa that hated me instead? She was cool,she left me alone.” Jennie teased, and Lisa pouted, “I didn’t hate you. I was just mad.”

 

“Okay well be mad again.” Jennie deadpanned.

 

“Oh c’mmooonnn unnie please! I miss my cats.” Lisa shook her whole body cutely and Jennie grimaced.

 

“Stop acting cute.” Jennie scolded the girl.

 

“If I go back with you then will you let me have my peace?” Jennie asked to make sure.

 

“Yep, just come back with me.” Lisa nodded her head enthusiastically.

 

“Okay fine. We’ll leave tomorrow.”

 

“REALLY!” Lisa yelled and began to dance funnily.

 

“Okay stop that, the neighbors are staring.” Jennie quickly stopped the girl, and dragged her inside so they could make arrangements.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

After hours of flying, the two finally made it back to Seoul. Lisa was already getting ready to hop off the private jet, but Jennie stayed seated.

 

“Uhm we’re here.” Lisa was gesturing towards the open door.

 

“I know. Bye.” Jennie smiled, telling the young girl to go ahead.

 

“Then why are you still sitting there??”

 

“Because you said that all I had to do was come back with you and then you will give me my space. Well I came back with you, I never said I was going to stay.” Jennie smirked and Lisa looked at her incredulously, tilting her head back in pure annoyance.

 

‘This unnie I swear to god.’ Lisa heavily breathed through her nose.

 

“Really? You took it literally?”

 

“I’m a businesswoman Lisa. You gave me terms and they were in my favor so here we are.”

 

“Well then Ms. Businesswoman, you leave me no choice then.” Lisa smiled evilly at Jennie.

 

“LALISA MANOBAN PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!” Jennie was struggling while Lisa literally had the girl on her shoulders like a sack of potatoes.

 

“I gave you a voluntary choice, which I thought you had agreed on. But you didn’t, so you left me with no other choice.” Lisa huffed, while she walked them off the tarmac, “ Be thankful it’s late and there’s a VIP exit or else the media will sure have a field day with this.”

 

“LALISA I SWEAR! PUT ME DOWN! I’LL GO WITH YOU PEACEFULLY,” Jennie yelled again, she couldn’t believe this girl was womanhandling her like this.

 

“I’ll put you down in the car. You're staying at my place tonight. I don’t trust you.”

 

The two arrived at Lisa’s condo and before Lisa could do anything Jennie huffed, “I’m coming down with you, so don’t even think of carrying me!” And quickly getting out of the car.

 

“Okay, now let’s go.” Lisa laughed.

 

The following day Jennie was up at 8am, which meant she only slept for about 4 hours. She could tell Lisa was still sleeping, because her condo was very quiet.

 

“Tch that young-in thinking she can keep me here.” Jennie looked for her phone, but she couldn’t find it. Instead a note was stuck on her charger.

 

I confiscated your phone, laptop, ipad, wallet, and passport. So don’t even think about it.

-Lisa.

 

P.S If you think of sneaking into my room, just know I sleep .

 

“That little.” Jennie groaned, finally accepting defeat..for now.

 

A few hours later, Lisa was finally up.

 

“There’s scrambled eggs and toast, I was hungry and didn’t have a wallet so I had to make do with the little amount of sustenance you had here.” Jennie sarcastically said, while Lisa yawned her way out of her room.

 

“Thanks.” Lisa ate her breakfast and joined Jennie on her couch, who was watching Netflix comfortably with Louis on her lap.

 

“A big cat and a little cat.” Lisa chuckled, before Louis soon got up and sat on her lap instead.

 

“What?” Jennie looked at her, but Lisa just shook her head, “Nothing..anyways...what do you want to do today? Call Chaeyoung or Call Chaeyoung?”

 

“Lisa, can I at least like prepare myself?”

 

“I mean there’s a shower in your room you know.”

 

“That’s not what I meant..”

 

“Oh c’mon unnie, just get it over with, like ripping a band-aid.”

 

“If it’s that easy then why did you never tell her how you feel?” When the question left her lips, Jennie felt guilty..remembering when she asked Jisoo the same exact question, “actually no don’t answer that...I was being insensitive.”

 

“No it’s okay...I..I never told her because what good would it have done? I already knew my heart was going to be broken...but you know what. The past 3 weeks with you made me realize something.”

 

“Woah there pause, are you confessing to me?” Jennie quickly moved away.

 

“NOOOOO NE-EV-ER!” Lisa made an X with her arms, “Jeez let me finish...anyways like I was saying, I realized that yes I love Chaeyoung...but I don’t think it’s in that way anymore...I think I’ve finally let her go and set my heart free.”

 

“Really? Just like that?” Jennie asked.

 

“Well not just like that..I read somewhere that ‘When you run out of reasons to stay and your soul is pulling you to go you’d know..and that..that’s the time to go.’ So that’s what I did. I let my feelings for her go, but I will always love her as my best friend. And all I will ever want is for her to be happy and her happiness just happens to be in the form of Jennie Kim.” Lisa smiled.

 

“Uhm I….I’ll go shower.” Jennie awkwardly smiled, before rushing to her room.

 

Jennie had just stepped out of the shower when she heard a loud crash outside her room. Worried, she quickly wrapped her towel around her body and rushed outside and the scene she saw is definitely not what she expected. There was Lisa against the wall with her arms up like a criminal, Chaeyoung looking at her with fire in her eyes.

 

“Chaa...it’s really not what it..” But Lisa’s words died on her tongue when the two noticed Jennie in only a towel, looking at the two of them with wide eyes.

 

“I..uhm..” Jennie tightened the hold she had on her towel and ran back into the guest room.

 

“Lalisa Manoban you.” Chaeyoung was fuming.

 

Jennie was in the shower and Lisa was feeding her four cats when her doorbell rang. Lisa was not expecting anyone since no one knows she’s back, so she was surprised to see Chaeyoung standing at her door.

 

With a deep breath, Lisa opened the door.

 

“Hey Chae, what’s with the visit? How’d you know I’m back?” Lisa casually asked, blocking the door, but Chaeyoung was staring at her with an unreadable look in her eyes.

 

“Chae?” But again, Chaeyoung ignored Lisa, and moved past the girl. Lisa, following after. Something wasn’t right with Chaeyoung and it was unsettling.

 

“Hey Chae..You here?” Lisa cautiously asked, her best friend was just scrutinizing her condo. Like she’s looking for something.

 

“Want something to drink?” Lisa asked heading to the kitchen to grab her unexpected guest something, while mentally praying Jennie stays in the shower even longer.

 

“Lisa you’re my best friend right?” Chaeyoung asked, taking a seat on the bar stool, while Lisa slid a bottled water towards her.

 

“I am.”

 

“Then what is this?” Chaeyoung calmly asked, sliding over her phone with Dispatch’s main page headline for the day.

 

Lisa looked at the headline and she knew it wasn’t good.

 

‘Jennie and Lisa. The ex and the best friend..dating?! Secret hideaway in Canada’

 

Dispatch had photos from when Lisa would come to Jennie’s home in the morning, their lunches, dinners, even when Lisa would bother Jennie all the way home after work.

 

Lisa grimaced, she knew it didn’t look good...but to make things worse, Dispatch also reported how the two arrived last night, photos of Lisa carrying Jennie over her shoulder and lastly the two of them entering her building.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah it’s not what it looks..” But Chaeyoung was already on her feet, knocking the stool back in the process.

 

“Chong-ah calm down. Okay..let me explain.” Lisa slowly gestured for Chaeyoung to sit down on her couch, which the blonde thankfully followed.

 

“You have until Jennie comes out.” Chaeyoung crossed her arms.

 

“Okay, so remember when Joy asked for a month long leave? I thought it was weird so I asked her about it, you know how she never takes more than a week off, I was worried. Then she let it slip that her girlfriend was following after her boss to Vancouver. Found out her girlfriend was Jennie’s assistant and yeah...Lisa trailed off.

 

“If you found her then why didn’t you tell me right away?” Chaeyoung questioned.

 

“I….”

 

“Lisa, do you have feelings for her?” Chaeyoung interrupted Lisa.

 

“No I don't Chaeyoung. Never.” Lisa vehemently shook her head.

 

“Then why did you have to hide it from me? You know how hard I’ve been looking for her?” Chaeyoung started to sniffle, and Lisa quickly pulled the girl to her side.

 

“Chong-ah, it’s really not like that okay. I wanted to call you, but after seeing her...well I guess I wanted to give her time, but I also knew that she wouldn’t ever comeback on her own, so I stayed and tried to convince her to come home...but that girl of yours is a stubborn one, I literally had to carry her on my shoulders, confiscated her electronic devices, passport, and wallet.” Lisa explained and Chaeyoung’s demeanor got even gloomier.

 

“Did she not want to come here that badly.” Chaeyoung pouted, wiping the stray tear.

 

“That’s not my story to tell..right unnie?” Lisa smiled, her eyes catching sight of Jennie behind Chaeyoung.

 

“Jennie.” Chaeyoung stood up, and made her way towards the shorter girl, stopping at a hand’s length away.

 

“I’ll uhm...I’ll go.” Lisa excused herself.

 

“No Lisa, it’s fine. Uhm I’ll go with her...we’ll talk at home.” Jennie smiled, her luggage with her already heading towards the door. The image stirred something in Chaeyoung and she quickly held onto Jennie’s hand tightly.

 

“Yes?” Jennie looked at the girl questioningly.

 

“I….” Chaeyoung couldn’t find the words to express what she felt at that moment, but Jennie understood. Afterall, she knows the feeling.

 

“Thanks Lisa. For everything.” Jennie smiled, before tugging Chaeyoung’s hand and taking the girl with her.

 

The quick ride to their home was quiet. Chaeyoung was driving and would often steal glances at Jennie. Her hand not letting go of Jennie’s.

 

When they got inside, Jennie put her luggage to the side, but Chaeyoung immediately took it and put it straight inside Jennie’s old room, making Jennie smile to herself softly.

 

When she came down Jennie had already made them tea and was sitting at the dining table.

 

“Did you really have to leave?” Chaeyoung asked, the moment she had taken her seat.

 

“Chaeyoung…” Jennie called her name for the first time in one year and 2 months.

 

“No you..you don’t call me Chaeyoung.”

 

“What?” Jennie was confused.

 

“Until the end it’s Rosie for you.” Chaeyoung quoted Jennie’s letter.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie softly smiled when the name left her lips.

 

“I was mad at you..you know.” Chaeyoung spoke up after a brief moment of silence.

 

“I know..I expected it.” Jennie lowered her head, avoiding Chaeyoung’s eyes.

 

“I was mad because my wife left me on our third anniversary after she planned and perfectly executed my dream date. Oh to top it all off, she also had divorce papers signed.” Chaeyoung smiled playfully at Jennie who lifted her head up at the girl.

 

“Which you signed.” Jennie raised a brow at her former wife.

 

“Because I wanted our third chance to be a start from the beginning.”

 

“What makes you think there’ll be a third chance?”

“Because..third times the charm right? The first time I left you, the second time you left me, and I’m hoping that this third time no one leaves.”

 

“The first time...you mean..” Jennie looked at Chaeyoung expectantly.

 

“Yeah...I know it all..correctly this time.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly.

 

“And...and you..you’re not…”

 

“I told you before didn’t I? That I moved on. The past is the past, it happened there’s nothing we can do to change it...still you left with no plans of ever coming back.”

 

“I did.”

 

“But why?”

 

“Because I knew that your memories would properly come back one day and I didn’t want you to look at me with those cold emotionless eyes again, when I had gotten used to them looking at me so warmly. I also thought that since you moved on, your heart would somehow still choose her..like it will remember her sooner or later. I had to leave before that happened because I wanted to make you...no I wanted to make the both of you happy without you or her feeling guilty. I had to let you go...something I should have done when you first told me how you felt about Jisoo...Rosie sometimes part of loving someone is letting go...we both know that so well don’t we.” Jennie smiled.

 

“We do..” Chaeyoung trailed off, biting her lower lip. She doesn’t like how this conversation is starting to turn and Chaeyoung knew that this may be the last chance they’ll ever get, “But even still..we somehow kept finding our way back to each other...can’t that count for something too? I know that we’ve always seemed to miss the timing, but if all of that had to happen for us to get a proper chance this time, then I would gladly go through it all again, heartbreak and everything. I love you Jennie..always have...and I always will.” Chaeyoung confessed.

 

“Rosie…”Jennie was crying with Chaeyoung.

 

“Tell me..do you love me too?” Chaeyoung asked, staring deeply into Jennie’s eyes, and Jennie couldn’t lie to her not when the girl was looking at her so sincerely.

 

“I do..I love you so much Rosie.” Jennie finally said those three words to Chaeyoung’s face..three words..8 letters...words that Chaeyoung thought she would only ever dream about hearing from the shorter girl.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Pure and absolute bliss that’s what Jennie and Chaeyoung have been feeling the past few days since Jennie ---although forced--- came home. Chaeyoung wanted the girl to live with her again, but Jennie refused stating that they technically aren’t anything to each other which got the taller girl rambling on about how they could go to the courthouse right now and get a marriage certificate, but Jennie shook her head no.

 

~ ~

 

“I want us to start from the beginning, you know friends, more than friends, engaged, and then hopefully married.” Jennie laughed, trying to pry herself from Chaeyoung who has been clinging onto her since they finished their talk.

 

“What do you mean by hopefully married? I will definitely make you Jennie Park again Ms. Kim.” Chaeyoung huffed, so cutely, that Jennie couldn’t resist pinching her chipmunk cheeks.

 

“Mhm, okay. But for now I’m still Jennie Kim who just happens to be your”

 

“friend.”

 

“Girlfriend.” Both Jennie and Chaeyoung spoke at the same time.

 

“Friend?”

 

“Girlfriend?” Again the two spoke at the same time, which caused them to both laugh at how silly they are being.

 

“You love me and I love you. You’re mine Jennie Kim as I am yours. End of discussion.” Chaeyoung said in her formal business tone and Jennie couldn’t say no.

 

“Okay Hubby.” The nickname got Chaeyoung all smiley, “Alright, now I have to go back to Lisa’s place.” Jennie said and Chaeyoung squinted her eyes at this and asked, “Why?”

 

“Because your best friend still has my phone, laptop, ipad, passport, and wallet.” Jennie listed the things Lisa took from her, “Oh right.” Chaeyoung sheepishly chuckled, vaguely remembering Lisa mentioning something about Jennie’s electronic devices.

 

“Yeah, so I’ll be..”

 

“I’m coming with you.” Chaeyoung interrupted Jennie, already grabbing her keys and heading towards the garage.

 

“Or you can come with me.” Jennie chuckled.

~ ~

 

“Jendeuk? Hey? Are you here??” Jisoo waved her hand in front of Jennie’s face who zoned out as soon as the two sat down at Jisoo’s favorite chicken place.

 

“Huh? Oh sorry Chu..I just..” Jennie was playing with her necklace, “I was just thinking.”

 

“I can see that. Care to share?” Jisoo asked with a knowing look in her eyes.

 

“Chu..actually I…” Jennie began but she ended with that. She knew this conversation was going to be rough, but she didn’t think it was going to be this rough; however, Jisoo already knew why Jennie called her out and even offered to treat her at her favorite place. That’s why Jisoo ate while she patiently waited for her best friend to speak.

 

“Do you remember Chu?” Jennie spoke up again after 15 minutes of awkwardness.

 

“What?” Jisoo asked, sensing that Jennie will finally talk.

 

“When you asked me to promise you that if I fall for her...that’d I tell you.”

 

Jisoo nodded at this.

 

“Okay well...you see..I...uhm..” Jennie was getting fidgety, and Jisoo just waited patiently.

 

And with a very deep breath Jennie said, “I love her Chu. I love Rosie so much.”

 

Jennie watched as Jisoo continued eating, seemingly unfazed by what Jennie had just told her.

 

“Chu..did you hear me?” Jennie asked after watching her best friend devour her chicken like she won’t ever eat it again.

 

“I heard you Jen.” Jisoo replied, still no change in her demeanor. Jennie expected the girl to at least scold her or something.

 

“Okay and?”

 

“And what Jen?”

 

“Aren’t you going to say something? I just told you that I love Rosie.”

 

“I know.”

 

“So why aren’t you like going all Lisa on me???”

 

“Lisa?” Jisoo was confused.

“Oh sorry, I use the term Lisa anytime someone talks some sense to me. For someone so young she sure has her moments of maturity.” Jennie chuckled.

 

“Jen it’s literally 1 year...but if you really do want me to say something it would be...I knew it.” Jisoo chuckled.

 

“What?”

 

“C’mon Jen...I have eyes. I literally saw how you began to fall for her. It hurt at first, but I don’t know...when I saw the two of you together back then I just knew it would be you..always.”

 

“So you sat there watching me have a hard time over here because I felt like I just betrayed my best friend?! Chu!” Jennie whined and Jisoo finally broke her composure and laughed so hard her eyes disappeared.

 

“It was very entertaining to watch the Great Jennie Kim lose her composure.”

 

“.” Jennie playfully rolled her eyes.

 

“But seriously Jen, I’m glad that you finally realized it.”

 

“Yeah..I....God Chu, I didn’t think I could love someone as much as I love her.” Jennie flushed, hiding her face in her palms. A second later, “How about you and Lisa.” Jennie quickly changed to her cupid mode.

 

“What about me and Lisa?”

 

“Okay if you saw me fall for Rosie well I’m also seeing how the way you’re looking at Lisa has changed too.”

 

“I-I-I-I I do not like that little brat.” Jisoo denied, terribly, taking a drink of her water.

 

“It’s okay Chu...but are you going to ask her out.”

 

Jisoo almost spit her water in Jennie’s face, “How did we go from me liking her to asking her out? God Jen, I don’t think she even likes me like that. I actually think she likes Chae.”

 

“Trust me Chu...she likes you too.” Jennie winked knowingly.

 

Yes, Lisa moved on but she happened to start watching a certain chicken lover even closer. Lisa shared this with Jennie a few days ago, asking the older girl if she would be okay with Lisa courting her best friend. Jennie laughed at this and thought the girl was being ridiculous, ‘Gosh Lisa! I’m not her mother. Go for it.’

 

~ ~ ~

In a blink of an eye, time passed for everybody. Jennie and Chaeyoung were celebrating their third year anniversary as a married couple, an unarranged one.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Chaeyoung asked, while the two were stargazing in the very field Jennie brought her many years ago for her dream date.

 

“Yeah?” Jennie looked at her girl, who was looking at her as lovingly as always.

 

“When did you realize it?”

 

“What?”

 

“That you love me?” Chaeyoung cheekily asked.

 

“I...don’t know Rosie..I just woke up one day and realized that I love you..I mean if you really want a specific answer it’s…” Jennie paused and smiled to herself before she continued, “when you look me in the eyes and tell me that you love me..Everything’s alright when you’re right here by my side. When you look me in the eyes I catch a glimpse of heaven. I find my paradise.” She quoted the song Chaeyoung sang to her for the first time.

 

“How about you?” Jennie returned the question.

 

“I’ve always loved you Wifey, ever since we were kids.”

 

“Really?” Jennie deadpanned, not believing the taller girl at all.

 

“It’s true I mean I spent most of my life trying to keep my promise to you. I stretched everyday and practiced the guitar so much it’s literally impossible for me to get a paper cut on my fingertips.” Chaeyoung chuckled, but Jennie was still looking at her lost. So, Chaeyoung stood up and held a hand out for Jennie to take, which of course the older girl complied. Once on their feet, Chaeyoung quickly pulled the girl in a hug, Jennie’s head comfortingly resting on Chaeyoung’s chest, where she can hear the taller girl’s heartbeat perfectly.

 

“When I was kid,” Chaeyoung began, while gently swinging their bodies around the field, “I was infatuated with this unnie so much. At the time I didn’t realize, but looking back now she was my first puppy love” At this Jennie pulled back, “Who is this ?” glared at her wife.

 

“My wife,” Chaeyoung chuckled, pulling her wife back and continuing their impromptu dance while Chaeyoung continued her story, “Anyways, one day I dragged my guitar to her and played her the first song I fully learned how to play. Interestingly enough right after, we played dollhouse that day and she had Barbie marry Ken. On that day little me realized two things that day. One, I love music and two, I wanted to be with that unnie for a very long time. So, before I went home that day I asked her if I could be her Ken in the future. But she played hard to get.” Chaeyoung paused, taking a peak at Jennie who was smiling to herself, snuggling into Chaeyoing’s embrace even more, “She had her condition: I had to grow taller than her. I whined because that unnie was way taller than me at the time, and little me had no idea I had a chance to grow taller than her. But she wouldn’t budge and even had the audacity to add another condition. I had to be tall and be able to sing her favorite song. I don’t know why, but little me still promised her that one day I would fulfill her conditions and make her as happy as Barbie is with Ken.”

 

“Rosie.” Jennie looked at her wife, she can’t believe she forgot that. Like wow they really finally come full circle.

 

“So Wifey, did I fulfil all your conditions?”

 

“Well let’s see.” Jennie pulled back, playfully rubbing her chin like she was in deep thought, “Hmm..” Jennie walked around Chaeyoung scrutinizing her very attractive wife.

 

“Okay you got taller than me..so there’s that. And you did sing me my favorite…” Jennie trailed off, frowning and then smacked Chaeyoung hard on her shoulder.

 

“Ow Wifey!” Chaeyoung rubbed the spot Jennie hit while pouting, “What did I do?”

 

“You wrote Chu a song and not one for me! THEN you had the AUDACITY to sing it for me!” Jennie huffed, remembering that song, “You even wrote ‘for the loml J.Kim’” Jennie rolled her eyes, scandalized. At the cute little display Chaeyoung burst out laughing.

 

“Oh Wifey, I told you I wrote that for you.”

 

“It was before the accident Chaeyoung.” Jennie raised a brow, and when Jennie did that and called Chaeyoung with her name like that the blonde knew she was in trouble.

 

“I know, but I dated that on the day I finished the final draft. I wrote the song for you. You’ve always been the ‘loml J.Kim’” Chaeyoung chuckled, kissing the pout off of her wife’s face.

 

“Really?” Jennie pouted again, and of course Chaeyoung kissed her cute little pout away, “Yes wifey. I did. I wrote it for you...actually I’ve written a lot of songs about you.” Chaeyoung admitted and Jennie had that mischievous little twinkle in her eyes.

 

“Yeah..a box full and yes I will sing them all for you.” Chaeyoung shook her head playfully at her wife who squealed and began peppering her wife’s face with kisses.

 

“I love you Hubby and just to let you know you make me even happier than Ken made Barbie.” Jennie laughed.

 

“I know.” Chaeyoung smugly replied, “oh and I love you more. Now let’s head home, I think both Lisa and Jisoo unnie are struggling”

“Why?” Jennie asked.

 

“Lisa texted me ‘WE’RE STRUGGLING. PLEASE COME BACK SOON!’ oh and a photo look at our cute little baby.” Chaeyoung cooed, at the photo of Jisoo holding their baby girl and Lisa pouting while pointing to the stains on her shirt.

 

“Looks like Chu is fine, I think it’s Lisa that’s struggling.” Jennie laughed and Chaeyoung nodded in agreement.

 

“C’mon let’s head back. I miss my baby.” Chaeyoung guided Jennie to the car, who stopped, looked at the blonde and said, “But I’m your baby.”

 

“I meant my second baby.” Chaeyoung chuckled at her cute wife, opening the door for her, but instead of heading inside Jennie tugged her wife’s hand and stared deeply into Chaeyoung’s eyes.

 

“Yeah?” Chaeyoung asked, brows furrowing.

 

“Nothing..I just wanted to catch a glimpse of heaven.” Jennie replied, losing herself under Chaeyoung’s loving gaze, “there, I found my paradise.” She smiled and got inside the car.

 

“Hey Wifey.” Chaeyoung called Jennie as she sat comfortingly on the driver’s seat.

 

“Hmm?” Jennie turned to look at her wife.

 

“You’re the light that makes my darkness disappear.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Final part everyone! We did it lol. It's the angsty but happy ending that many of you asked for. Til next time.

 

Also, I didn't proofread any of these so..forgive my typos lol