Untitled pt.2

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

It’s been 4 years since Chaeyoung moved to Australia. She’s been in-touch with Lisa and has been doing well.

 

“YAH! Park Chaeyoung! Why haven’t you been answering my calls?! Where are you right now?!” Lisa was frantic over the phone, while Chaeyoung was walking into her favorite cafe in Melbourne, “Uhm about to grab some coffee before heading to the studio, why what’s up? Did Chu break up with you?” Chaeyoung jokes.

 

“Yah! She didn’t! We’re engaged which means we’re practically married.” Lisa huffed, and Chaeyoung swears she can see her best friend pouting over the phone.

 

“I know I was just teasing...anyways you guys have been engaged for years now when are you gonna tie the knot?” Chaeyoung asked and the faint sigh from Lisa’s lips gave her the answer.

 

“No don’t say anything Lis….Remember what I told you all those years ago, if we see each other again then I’ll come clean...If your wedding is the universe’s chosen place then so be it, but you know I won’t miss your wedding especially cause I’m your maid of honor.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“I know Chipmunk...actually...the reason why I called is about her…” However, Chaeyoung found herself dronning Lisa and the rest of the world out, when she caught sight of a very familiar girl, sitting in the back corner of the cafe, her eyes glued to the window next to her.

 

“I...Lis...I’ll call you back.” Chaeyoung quickly hung up and was about to make a dash to the exit, when the barista called her name.

 

“Oh Roseanne, you're early today! I’ll get your usual going.” And quickly, Chaeyoung moved her head towards the barista, trying to conceal her face as much as possible.

 

“Thank’s Maria, can I get it to-go today?” Chaeyoung asked, and the barista, Maria, looked at the tall girl with a questioning look before nodding and making an “ok” sign with her fingers.

 

Paying for her coffee, Chaeyoung quickly made her way to the other side of the cafe praying that a certain girl won’t notice her. With her breathing becoming more uneven, Chaeyoung sensed that she was about to have a panic attack.

 

Breath Chae...breath… She reminded herself and thankfully she was able to get herself under control.

 

“You’re still breathtaking.” Chaeyoung whispered to herself, as she took subtle glances at the girl. Fishing her phone out of her purse, Chaeyoung decided to call Lisa back.

 

“You saw her didn’t you.” Were Lisa’s words the second she answered the phone.

 

“Yeah I...did, but she hasn’t seen me. How is she here?” Chaeyoung asked.

“That’s what I was trying to tell you earlier…..Jen abruptly decided to go to Melbourne for a week. When Chu asked her why, she said that it’s for work. Joohyun said the same thing….but something feels off….Chu and I think that she might know.” Lisa carefully replied.

 

“How?”

 

“I don’t know….maybe Joohyun told her? She overheard me on the phone with you once, but when I asked if she heard anything she teased me by saying ‘Why is it your side chick?’” Lisa sighed, suddenly feeling distressed, “Chaeyoung...just promise me that you won’t chicken out and come clean. I know you’ve been saying that if you two ever meet again then you will come clean, but I also know you Chae...I know you’d come up with some out of this world lie so that she doesn’t feel guilty. So please….Jennie...she deserves the truth and closure too. Honestly, it’s been years but she’s never asked us where you were burried or anything...so maybe she hasn’t fully accepted it.”

 

“Hmm...okay. I promise.” Chaeyoung agreed, before ending the call.

 

“Here’s your usual Americano Roseanne.” Maria smiled.

 

“Thanks Maria.” Chaeyoung returned the smile, before heading out. But not without one last subtle glance to the back corner cafe. To say that Chaeyoung was disappointed when she didn’t catch one last glimpse on the love of her life is an understatement.

 

“Maybe, now’s not the time either.” Chaeyoung gave herself a quick pep talk, her hand grabbing the cafe’s door, but was met with a familiar warmth instead. Whipping her head to the door, Chaeyoung was met with Jennie’s cat eyes staring deeply at her with tears welling up.

 

“I...Hi.” Chaeyoung softly whispered, taking her hand off of the shorter girl’s, who was stunned in place.

 

“Uhm Excuse me, may I pass through?” An elderly lady broke the two from their staring contest.

 

“Oh yes yes. Sorry, here let me get the door for you.” Chaeyoung smiled, gently taking Jennie’s hand from the door, stepping out and opening it for the elderly lady.

 

“Thank you.” the woman smiled at Chaeyoung. Once the door closed behind her Chaeyoung contemplated going back inside or not, but her thoughts were stopped when she felt someone grab onto her arm.

 

“Ch...Chaeyoung?” Jennie finally found her voice and held onto the girl.

 

“Hi Jen.” Chaeyoung replied with a wide smile and Jennie felt like cursing and thanking the universe at the same time, while she wrapped the tall girl in a tight hug.

 

“Am I dreaming?” Jennie whispered, holding Chaeyoung even tighter, letting her tears go.

 

“No..I’m here..I’m here.” Chaeyoung comforted the smaller girl who was sobbing uncontrollably in her embrace, while also smiling at the passerbyers and giving them a nod.

 

“Shhhh it’s okay Jen..it’s okay. I’m here.I’m here.” Chaeyoung kept repeating those words over and over until Jennie finally stopped crying and collapsed in Chaeyoung’s arms.

 

Sweeping the girl into her arms, Chaeyoung took Jennie back to her condo.

 

“I’m sorry for making you cry so much Love.” Chaeyoung whispered, gingerly placing a loose strand of Jennie’s hair behind her ear, “I missed you.”

 

Letting Jennie sleep, Chaeyoung texted the other producers and told them she had an emergency and won’t be coming in today.

 

“CHAE!” Both Lisa and Jisoo were on the screen, picking up Chaeyoung’s facetime call.

 

“Uhm..” Chaeyoung couldn’t find the words, but her tears that she’s been holding back since she saw the brunette in the cafe finally coming out. While Chaeyoung let out 6 years worth of pent up emotions, all Lisa and Jisoo could do was watch and let the girl finally let it all out. Chaeyoung cried and cried, letting the pain in her chest finally take over.

 

“Chaeyoung…” Lisa and Jisoo, both couldn’t keep their tears at bay and cried with their friend. Jisoo turned to her fiance and felt her heart hurt even more...she’s seen how much Lisa suffered when Chaeyoung was still in coma, she saw how broken Lisa looked the day Chaeyoung’s family informed them they have decided to let Chaeyoung go, and she saw how Lisa had to bear the pain for lying to Jennie and pretend that Chaeyoung wasn’t breaking at the news of her engagement. Jisoo was there to see it all. Yes, she too was hurting and in pain..but Lisa is Chaeyoung’s best friend. The pain Lisa felt cut deeper, no matter how strong the girl tried to be, no matter how much she tried to hide all her pain, Jisoo knew it all.

 

Cries filled Chaeyoung’s living room, she couldn’t stop herself from crying, but after a while...her sobs finally turned into muffled sniffles.

 

“Chae…” Lisa spoke, her voice hoarse from crying.

 

“I..Yeah we saw each other again..uhm she cried a lot and collapsed in my arms from exhaustion...She’s sleeping and safe.” Chaeyoung finally spoke.

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Yeah….”

 

“Chaeyoung...please talk to Jennie okay?” Jisoo spoke up after a moment of silence.

 

“I will….”

 

Meanwhile, a few hours later, in Chaeyoung’s bedroom a certain brunette is finally waking up.

 

Chaeyoung. Was the first thought Jennie had when she opened her eyes, she didn’t question anything else, not even where she was, all she wanted to see was Chaeyoung. She just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a dream. So rushing out, Jennie opened the door and scoured the unknown place for the girl she thought left her many years ago.

 

“Chaeyoung..” Jennie whispered, when she saw the back of said girl in the kitchen.

 

Nervously, Jennie called her name a little louder, “Chaeyoung-ah.” With the call of her name, Chaeyoung’s body stiffened, her heart racing. With a deep breath, Chaeyoung swallowed her tears and turned around with a wide smile on her face.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Chaeyoung-ah..Chaeyoung-ah…” Jennie once again started tearing up and ran to the girl, hugging her tight, refusing to let her go...again.

 

“Jennie hey, it’s okay. Shhhhh calm down Jen calm down. It’s okay...I’m here, I’m safe.” Chaeyoung was once again trying to calm the girl down and thankfully it didn’t take too much coaxing this time.

 

“Chae..Chaey..Chaeyoung..how are..I thought you..” Jennie was able to get a sentence out.

 

“It’s okay Jen..I’ll...I’ll tell you everything, but first let’s eat. You’ve been sleeping for a while.” Chaeyoung smiled again, guiding the girl to the dining table.

 

The meal was spent in silence, but even still, Jennie kept her eyes on Chaeyoung. After eating and cleaning, Chaeyoung and Jennie settled on the couch, with Jennie literally by her side, her hand holding onto Chaeyoung’s tightly. Jennie being clingy made Chaeyoung’s heart race, but the cool sensation from Jennie’s ring finger reminded her that the girl won’t ever be hers again.

 

“So uhm….I guess I should start from the beginning….”

 

~Flashback -- 6 years ago~

 

“Chaeyoung-ah...my baby mom and dad love you very much...but you’ve gone through so much and you’ve held on for so long my baby girl...we’ll let you go now okay?” Mrs. Park sobbed, while kissing Chaeyoung gently on the forehead.

 

“My baby girl...daddy loves you very much...and I’m going to miss you so much my little princess.” Mr. Park tried to give his daughter one last smile, before placing a kiss on her forehead as well.

 

“My little Chaengmunk...Unnie is going to miss you so much and I love you so so so much. Rest well my baby.” Alice cried hard, hugging Chaeyoung’s limp body and gently kissing her cheek and forehead.

 

“Hey Chae...it’s me. Jen and Chu...they were here, but they couldn’t...they couldn’t see you go. But don’t worry Jisoo, Joohyun, and I will take care of Jennie for you. God I’m gonna miss you so much you know that? My best friend in the entire world, my sister. I love you and please rest well.” Lisa finally cried, after holding all her tears back all day long.

 

And just like that...the switch was turned off...and Chaeyoung’s heart stopped beating. The nurses removed the tube from .

 

The doctor waited a moment and right when he was about to make a call, the machine began to slowly beep..and Chaeyoung’s heart was beating.

 

“What’s happening?” Mrs. Park asked, when she saw that her daughter’s heartbeat was coming back. Quickly, the doctors checked on Chaeyoung.

 

“Ms. Park? Can you hear my voice?” The Doctor was checking on Chaeyoung, when Alice felt a soft grip on her hand that was holding Chaeyoung’s.

 

“I….it’s a miracle, but it seems that Ms. Park is waking up.” The doctor smiled and Chaeyoung finally opened her eyes. Mr and Mrs. Park fell on the ground, Lisa and Alice cried and hugged each other tightly.

 

Later that evening, Chaeyoung was moved to a general ward where she is still under observation. Her muscles are weak from not moving for almost 2 years. Her voice is soft and hoarse, but it’s there.

 

“Lis..” Chaeyoung called out to Lisa who has been stunned and emotionally exhausted from the day. The Park family left Chaeyoung in Lisa’s care while they grabbed some things from home and some dinner for everyone.

 

“Yeah what is it?”

 

“J..Je..Jen..”

 

“Chae...she...didn’t come.” Lisa bit her inner cheek at the lie, in fact Jennie was there with Joohyun, but she couldn’t watch Chaeyoung leave her, to leave them.

 

“Di..did she…” Chaeyoung wanted to ask if Jennie moved on, if she’s happy, but for some reason she couldn’t get the words out; however, Lisa knew of course she knew what her best friend wanted to know. Looking at her friend, Lisa debated whether she should tell Chaeyoung the truth or not.

 

“How..how about Chu?” Chaeyoung decided to change the topic.

 

“Chu was here Chae..but..”Lisa teared up again.

 

“It’s okay, I understand…” Chaeyoung tried not to cry, she knew she put her family, friends, and Jennie in pain. She knew she made them wait and worry for too long.

 

“I’m sorry.” Chaeyoung apologized.

 

“There’s nothing to be sorry about Chae..nothing you hear me.” Lisa scolded her friend and Chaeyoung nodded her head in understanding.

 

After a moment of silence, Lisa’s phone began to ring.

 

“Hey babe.” Lisa answered, “I’m still at the hospital...not yet…..okay….yeah.. See you soon.. Love you.” Lisa ended the call.

 

“Chu is on her way...I didn’t want to tell her on the phone, cause she sounded like she was still crying.”

 

When Jisoo arrived, she looked just as bad as Lisa.

 

“Lisa..” Jisoo immediately hugged her girlfriend.

 

“It’s okay baby.. Don’t cry...she didn’t go anywhere.” Lisa comforted her girlfriend.

 

“She did go..she left us Lisa and we won’t ever see her again...we won’t.”

 

“Oh baby...please don’t freak out okay, but follow me.” Lisa tried to guide Jisoo to Chaeyoung’s room, but Jisoo pulled her arm back, “Lalisa Manoban I swear if you take me to the hospital’s morgue to see her..I...I..”

 

“Shh no baby no, just trust me okay.” Lisa was quick to wipe her girlfriend’s tears away.

 

When Jisoo saw Chaeyoung, sitting up right on the bed with a smile, all the strength in Jisoo’s body disappeared.

 

“Chae...h..how?” Jisoo engulfed the girl in a tight embrace, “ You know what it doesn’t matter how..all that matters is that you’re awake! Omg Lisa she’s awake.” Jisoo cried while smiling.

 

“Yeah she is.”

 

“Did you get in touch with Jennie?” but was meant with silence, so she continued, “ah maybe Joohyun would be better huh?” and Lisa’s wide eyes confused Jisoo.

 

“Who’s Joohyun?” Chaeyoung softly asked and Lisa told her everything.

 

“Does Joohyun make her happy?”

 

“Yeah..very much.” Jisoo replied.

 

“That’s all I want…” Chaeyoung paused, while she blinked her eyes rapidly, trying to stop herself from crying at the sudden heartache, “Uhm please don’t tell her.”

 

“What?!” Jisoo and Lisa looked at the Chaeyoung with furrowed brows.

 

“Don’t tell her, ever. Just let her live happily.” Chaeyoung insisted and the couple couldn’t say no.

 

A year passed and Chaeyoung was finally back to full strength. Everyone was being extra careful to make sure that Jennie never found out about Chaeyoung, but then a conversation between Lisa and Jisoo caught Chaeyoung’s attention.

 

“So...are we going to tell her or not?”

 

“I don’t think we should.”

 

“But she’ll find out eventually Lisa.”

 

“Find out what?” Chaeyoung asked, walking from behind the couple, to take the seat left for her at the cafe they frequent at.

 

“Ch-Ch-Chae..” Lisa stuttered and quickly looked to Jisoo for help.

 

With a deep breath, Jisoo took the invitation from her purse and slid it across the table. Opening it up, Chaeyoung felt her heart crumble again.

 

“She’s getting married. I..that’s great. I’m happy for her. I am.” Chaeyoung said with a smile, but the lone tear betrayed her.

 

“Chae..maybe it’s time you showed yourself to her.” Lisa tried to convince her best friend.

 

“I can’t...Actually...I saw them together...they were having dinner and yeah. I saw the way she looked at Joohyun, I saw how much Joohyun made her light up. She’s happy now and I don’t want to show up in front of her and make her feel sorry, sad, or guilty.” Chaeyoung explained herself, “She’s happy and that’s all that I need to know to feel content.”

 

“Chaeyoung she still deserves to know.”

 

“I know she does..I know….but Jennie...she loves her so much...so much...” Chaeyoung trailed off, head down, unable to look her two friends in the eyes.

 

“Okay, we’ll drop it..just…”

 

“Lisa Jisoo? What are you two doing here?” The three turned their heads to the voice.

 

“Oh J-J-J-Joohyun what are you doing here? Where’s Jen?” Lisa stuttered.

 

“Ah she’s on her way, we wanted to grab some brunch before heading to the office.” Joohyun smiled, before turning her attention to the blonde who looks so familiar to Joohyun.

 

“I’m sorry but have we met before?” Joohyun asked and Chaeyoung started to feel nervous under the girl’s intense stare.

 

“Ah no.” Chaeyoung replied, with a small smile.

 

“I see, sorry you just look familiar...uhm I’m Jooyhun, Bae Joohyun.” Joohyun smiled at the girl.

 

“Nice to meet you Joohyun, my name is Roseanne Park.” Chaeyoung introduced herself with a fake name before getting up, “Lis...Chu..I forgot I made morning plans with my parents..uhm I have to go. You guys take care.” Chaeyoung quickly left before anyone could say another word.

 

After the incident at the cafe, it seemed like everywhere Chaeyoung went she would either catch a glimpse of Jennie, Joohyun, or the two of them together.

 

“Why..why are you doing this to me? Why me? What did I do so wrong that I have to be in pain everyday? WHY?!” Chaeyoung cried, while finishing up her 2nd bottle of wine. It was the day before Jennie’s wedding. Chaeyoung thought that she would be able to move on from the girl, but she just can’t. She just loves the girl too damn much. So, Chaeyoung made up her mind to leave, thinking it’ll be easier this way.

 

The next day, Chaeyoung woke up with a ranging hangover but she still forced herself out of bed. Prepared herself and went to the church. Chaeyoung arrived, and the ceremony had already started. Luckily, Jennie still hasn’t walked down the aisle yet. Quietly and carefully she slipped inside and stood in the back corner where she’s sure no one could see her.

 

I’ll just stay here until she says those words. Chaeyoung kept chanting to herself over and over, trying to calm her breaking heart.

 

It didn’t take long and suddenly there she was, the love of her life. She was so breathtaking that Chaeyoung’s breath hitched in .

 

“You look beautiful Wifey. So beautiful.” Chaeyoung was trying to hold back her cries, and when Jennie read her vows and said I do. Chaeyoung left and ran, finally letting out her cries. But Chaeyoung only allowed herself 5 minutes to mourn, because she was the one that asked for this, she was the one that let her go first. So after calming herself down, Chaeyoung took a seat on the bench at the park located right in front of the Cathedral.

 

~End Flashback~

 

“So that was you...the girl in the bucket hat.” Jennie finally spoke after a long moment of silence and Chaeyoung weekly nodded her head yes.

 

“You’re the Roseanne that Lisa and Jisoo keep talking to on the phone?” again Chaeyoung nodded her head yes.

 

“You were also the brunette that offered me her umbrella once before running away right?”

 

“...Yeah. It was me. It was all me.” Chaeyoung admitted, because even though she didn’t show herself to Jennie she still found ways to subtly take care of her.

 

“So all this time you were alive and everyone kept me out of the loop?” Jennie’s anger was slowly starting to show.

 

“Jen I...would it have changed anything if I did?” Chaeyoung countered.

 

“IT WOULD HAVE CHANGED EVERYTHING CHAE!” Jennie finally burst, “IF YOU HAD TOLD ME, THEN THEN ....”

 

“No. Don’t even finish that sentence Jennie Kim.” Chaeyoung immediately cut the shorter girl off with such an authoritative voice that Jennie shut up. “Don’t even dare say what I know you’re about to say.”

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

“You love her Jennie..probably more than you…than you have ever loved me.” Chaeyoung finally let the words out. Jennie was about to speak but Chaeyoung cut her off again, “It’s okay...don’t feel guilty or sad. In fact, I’m happy that you listened to me. It means that you got my texts right?” Chaeyoung lightly chuckled, and Jennie couldn’t help but giggle along.

 

“So then where does this leave us?” Jennie asked.

 

“We just go back to the way things were before you saw me today.”

 

“What?”

 

“It’s better this way.”

 

“How? How is it better? I just found out that you’ve been alive all this time and now you want to just cut me out again? That’s not fair Chaeng!”

 

“Jen..please you have to understand.”

 

“Understand what? Why can’t we still be a part of each other’s lives? Why can Jisoo, Lisa, and everyone and their mom be a part of your life but ME?! HUH? WHY?!”

 

“Jennie please…”

 

“No Chaeyoung. I already lost you once and I’m not going to lose you again! I can’t Chae..I can’t.”

 

“Jennie please..I’m begging you..please let’s just pretend that I’m still dead.”

 

“PRETEND THAT YOUR STILL DEAD?! Chaeyoung do you hear yourself right now? Do you hate me this much?!”

 

“No of course not. I can never hate you and that’s exactly why we can’t be with each other anymore.”

 

“What?”

 

“Jennie...after all this time...no matter what I do...my heart can’t seem to let you go. So please, spare me okay? It already killed me when I had to watch you marry someone else. I love you too damn much Jennie Kim. So please.”

 

Jennie was stunned speechless.

 

“I...I think it’s time for you to go Jen.” Chaeyoung suddenly spoke up after the two sat in stifling silence. Jennie was drawing Chaeyoung in too much, and Chaeyoung knows that if they stay together any longer she might do something she’ll end up regretting.

 

“I…”

 

“Please.” Chaeyoung begged, already grabbing Jennie’s things.

 

“Okay, I get it. We’re both tired…But I’ll be back again Chae.” Jennie relented, she knew that the tall girl was reaching her limit and she was too. The two need to cool off. So Jennie left.

 

After a restless night, Jennie decided that she needs to see Chaeyoung again or she might just lose her mind, even if it was 4 in the morning. Jennie lost count how many times she knocked and rang the bell, but there was no answer. She tried to text and call Jisoo and Lisa, but the two weren’t answering.

 

“Chae...I know you’re there. It’s me...can you please let me in. Chaeyoung-ah...please.” Jennie pleaded, resting her forehead against Chaeyoung’s front door.

 

But no matter how much she tried, Chaeyoung never came to the door.

 

“Okay Chae...if this is what you truly want then...I’ll give it to you. Goodbye.” Jennie finally gave up, leaving Chaeyoung’s place and never turning back.










 

~1 year Later~

 

“I can’t believe it took you two this long to finally tie the knot.” Chaeyoung smiled, while helping Lisa fix her wedding dress. Finally, after being together for almost a decade the two are getting married.

 

“I know….life just kept moving and there was too much drama.” Lisa smiled sadly at her best friend.

 

“I told you...it’ll be fine.” Chaeyoung smiled at the girl, “I prepared myself to see her again here. I’m doing better now. I promise.”

 

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep Chae...you know..Jen she was..”

 

“I know..I know I hurt her, but it’s for the best.”

 

“You always say that. But who is it best for? Because it looks to me that the two parties involved are miserable.”

 

“Lisa..it’s your wedding day, can I at least get a free pass from lectures.”

“Fine. But just wait till you go see Chu, she’s still slightly pissed at you by the way.”

 

“Good thing I’m your maid of honor and not her.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

Lisa and Chaeyoung continued to talk about random topics until it was time for the ceremony.

 

Lisa and Jisoo’s wedding wasn’t overly grand. It was a small ceremony with their family and closest friends. Throughout the ceremony, Chaeyoung felt a certain pair of eyes watching her every movement.

 

“I really won’t be able to escape it soon.” Chaeyoung thought to herself as the party moved on to the reception.

 

After the speeches and the dancing, Chaeyoung finally found the time to escape from the crowd.

 

Taking a walk in the garden, Chaeyoung found herself to finally feel somewhat at ease.

 

“Ahh at least I can breathe out here.” Chaeyoung sighed in relief, taking a quick break. Settling down on the bench in front of the giant fountain and gazed up at the night sky.

 

“Roseanne?” A familiar voice called out to Chaeyoung, turning around Chaeyoung was surprised to see Joohyun.

 

“Oh hello. How are you?” Chaeyoung tried to make small talk, but Joohyun didn’t reply instead she looked at Chaeyoung with that intense gaze of hers.

 

“I know.” Joohyun simply stated, taking a spot next to Chaeyoung on the bench.

 

“Sorry?”

 

“Park Chaeyoung...that’s you right?” Joohyun smiled, before continuing, “I’ve known since we first met at the cafe. I just didn’t want to admit it. I was scared that I’d lose her if I did.”

 

“Joohyun I..I..” Chaeyoung stammered, she didn’t know what to say.

 

“It’s okay you don’t have to say anything. If anything, I should be apologizing to you. I’m sorry Chaeyoung.” Joohyun stood up and bowed deeply at Chaeyoung.

 

“No no, Joohyun please, lift your head. There’s nothing to be sorry about. I had already freed Jennie from me, long before I woke up. It’s understandable that her heart will open up to someone else and I’ve seen you two together. You make her light up Joohyun. You make Jennie happy and that’s all that matters. She loves you so much, and I know that you love her too.” Chaeyoung gave Joohyun a smile, before excusing herself and heading back inside the venue.

“Chae! There you are, we were looking for you, it’s time to take photos.” Lisa quickly grabbed Chaeyoung before she could say anything and suddenly Chaeyoung found herself in a group photo with the girl she’s been working so hard to avoid all day standing right by her side.

 

“Can we talk...please.” Jennie whispered under her breath.

 

“Jen..I…”

 

“Tomorrow at noon...at the cafe near our old dorm. I’ll wait for you, no matter how long.” Jennie interrupted, smiling and quickly leaving once the photos were done.

 

The following day, Chaeyoung was helping Lisa and Jisoo get ready to go on their honeymoon.

 

“Chae don’t forget that Louis has an appointment at the vet’s office tomorrow. Ah! Dalgom too. I already told them it won’t be me bringing the kids in.”

 

“Yes, yes Lisa. I got it. Now go, you two might miss your flight.” Chaeyoung was pushing the couple out of her car.

 

“Ah ah! Don’t forget about Jen Chae, go to her after you leave here.” Jisoo looked at the taller girl with a fierce gaze. After getting an earful from Jisoo and then Lisa last night Chaeyoung decided to talk to Jennie again.

 

“I know Chu, I know.”

 

“Good, because if my best friend calls me crying again I won’t let you off anymore Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” Chaeyoung saluted, before helping Lisa grab their luggage from the trunk of the car, “ Now go. You two have fun and be safe. Ah! And don’t forget my gift okay.” Chaeyoung hugged the two tightly.

 

“Yes yes we got it. Now you go too, don’t make her wait.”


 

Meanwhile, Jennie arrived at the cafe an hour early. She was nervous and scared that Chaeyoung won’t come, but she told herself that she’ll wait. No matter how long, she’ll wait.

 

Feeling the nervousness getting to her, Jennie ordered chamomile tea to calm herself down, her heart kept skipping a beat everytime she heard the baristas greet a new customer.

 

Jennie had just finished her tea when the door opened and she caught sight of the person she was waiting for. She finally felt at ease.

 

“You came.” Jennie smiled, as Chaeyoung took the seat in front of her.

 

“I could never seem to say no to you.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, easing the tense mood.

 

“Tch liar, you've said no to me twice before.” Jennie frowned, while Chaeyoung looked confused.

 

“Twice?”

 

“Yes, the first when you tried to put distance between us when we met again and the second was the next day at your door.”

 

“Jen...I had to put distance between us, because things can’t be like they were even before we got together...also, I didn’t know about you being outside my door...I actually spent the night working so I didn’t come home till late in the evening…”

 

“Okay well how about now?” Jennie asked, “I need my chipmunk back in my life too. I’m jealous that Lisa and Jisoo can call or text you anytime they want, while I couldn’t.”

 

“I’m sorry Jennie. I know that it hurt you, but I needed more time to let you go.”

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

“That’s why I came.”

 

“What?”

 

“I..I’m okay now. I’m able to be your friend.” Chaeyoung forced a smile, hoping Jennie doesn’t catch her lie.

 

“You’re lying.” Jennie deadpanned.

 

“I am, but I’m trying. Lisa and Chu lectured my ear off and what they said made sense. I kept telling everyone that my decisions are for the best, but really it made things worse. So I’m trying to fix things in my own way.”

 

“But Chae I”

 

“It’s okay Jen. We can take it one step at a time. I’m sure we’ll be like the best buds we were before in no time.” Chaeyoung beamed, grabbing Jennie’s hands that were laying on top of the table and giving them a gentle squeeze, “So? How about it? Friends?”

 

“No.” Jennie replied, turning her palms up and intertwining her hands with Chaeyoung’s.

“Jen..” Chaeyoung tried to pry her hands away, but Jennie held on tighter.

 

“Joohyun told me that you two talked at the reception last night.”

 

“Hmm we did.”

 

“Did she mention anything to you?”

 

“Ah..nothing that I already didn’t know. Why?”

 

“Come on, I can’t tell you here.” Jennie suddenly dragged Chaeyoung out of the cafe.

 

“So what is it?” Chaeyoung asked after Jennie dragged them to a nearby park.

 

“I saw Joohyun talk to you that evening. I thought she might have mentioned it, honestly...I’m surprised that Lisa and Jisoo didn’t spill the beans, but then again they were busy planning their wedding.” Jennie beat around the bush. Chaeyoung was getting nervous and the tight grip Jennie had on her hand wasn’t making her heart calm down.

 

“Jennie what is it? I’m dying over here!” Chaeyoung whined.

 

“Joohyun and I split up a year ago, before I went to Melbourne..before we met again.” Jennie let the cat out of the bag, and Chaeyoung felt her body lose energy.

 

“Wh..what?”

 

“Joohyun and I divorced over a year ago...but we’re still good friends. I’m surprised you didn’t figure it out at the wedding, but then again you were too busy avoiding me.” Jennie pouted.

 

“I’m sorry Jen…” Chaeyoung felt horrible, but in her defense the last time she saw the girl she was still wearing her ring.

 

“Don’t be, it was all overwhelming and I didn’t know I’d run into you as well. It’s just been rough.”

 

“But I mean why, I saw how you looked at her and vice versa..I just don’t get it.”

 

“Joohyun… yeah I love her dearly. She helped me find my smile again, but a part of my heart was always kept away from her. I thought that I had given her everything but she saw through it all. We talked and we decided that it was for the best. My trip to Australia was actually her idea...she told me to go and just take some time and refresh. Funny how she somehow led me back to you huh.” Jennie confessed.

 

“Maybe she purposely did lead you to Melbourne...remember I told you that I met Joohyun as Roseanne before?” Jennied nodded her head yes, “Okay well, last night she told me that she’s known it was me all along...maybe she knew where I was.” Chaeyoung voiced her thoughts and Jennie smiled.

 

“So I guess, it’s my turn to ask...where does that leave us?” Chaeyoung looked at Jennie.

 

“It leaves back to before Chae...back to when you were my hubby and I was wifey...to the time before I lost you...let’s go back and reclaim our lost time together okay?” Jennie looked deeply into Chaeyoung’s eyes, pleading for her to agree.

 

“I..I would love that very much.” Chaeyoung found her true smile again.

 

Jennie squealed in delight and hugged Chaeyoung tightly, “I think that this is what’s best for all of us.” She whispered in Chaeyoung’s ear who chuckled cutely at her Wifey’s cute little jab.

 

“Yeah..definitely the best.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: This is part 2 of Untitled...still no title cause I can’t think of one...also, we got Chaennie end game yay! I think I just rushed the ending a bit..but hey they still ended up together right? Do let me know what you think and what you’d like to read next.