Promise

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

It’s been 3 weeks since Chaeyoung left and I’ve been missing her everyday. I mean we talk and text everyday, but I really really want to hug her, kiss her, cuddle with her, I just really wish she was home. Plus, her roommate and her...they’ve gotten closer if that was even possible...I don’t know, maybe I’m just overthinking it cause we’re long distance. It’s also her birthday already in Korea and I’m not there to celebrate with her.

 

“Jen...Jennie….Jen...JENDEUK!” Jisoo’s loud voice pulled me out of my I-miss-my-Hubby musing.

 

“What?”

 

“Jeez Jen, you just spoke to Chaeng literally an hour ago.” She laughed at me, and I rolled my eyes.

 

“Shut up Chu, at least you have Lisa here. Meanwhile my Hubby is thousands of miles away spending her birthday all alone…” I twiddled with my fingers.

 

“Well at least you have an idea of what Chaeyoung has been feeling for years.” Lisa joked.

 

“Not a good joke Lisa.” I pouted.

 

“I think this is your karma Jen. You overlooked the one person that would do anything for you, but now that you have her she’s a thousand miles away surrounded by a really hot roommate, who looks like she’s throwing her a grand party.” Lisa was on her phone scrolling through social media.

 

The “hot roommate throwing her a grand party” got my attention.

 

“What are you talking about? I just talked to Rosie, she said she’ll just stay in today. Didn’t feel like celebrating cause I’m not around.” I flipped my hair in confidence, but then Lisa shoved her phone in my face.

 

I grabbed her phone and squinted my eyes at the photo. It was a group photo, Chaeyoung was in the middle, her eyes on Hyeri and Hyeri had her attention on MY Rosie while her arms were wrapped around MY Hubby’s waist and that idiot had the audacity to wrap an arm around her shoulders. I didn’t like the caption either. It read “Happy Birthday Honey Bunch.” Plus, the comments weren’t helping.

 

“Happy Birthday Honey Bunch? Find you someone the way Hyeri and Chaeyoung look at each other?! The is that?” I grumbled, while checking Hyeri’s story. There were photos from the party, a few videos, but the boomerang of Hyeri about to give Chaeyoung a kiss on the cheek with a caption Ayyyyyy Happy Chaengie day cutie pie.” is just a no no. I practically threw Lisa’s phone on the table before grabbing my own and texting Chaeyoung.

 

Call me. -Wifey

 

“Hey hey careful it’s new.” She whined, checking her phone for scratches.

 

“It’s probably nothing. I mean friends call each other babe, love, honey, all the time, plus we give friendly pecks on our cheeks too. Don’t freak out over it Jen.” Jisoo tried to calm me down.

 

“Yeah, plus she’s in Seoul. Being clingy with your friends means nothing over there.” Lisa tried her luck, even though this was her fault.

 

“Lali is right Jen, Hyeri unnie is probably just being friendly.”

 

“She better be.” I rolled my eyes, but I couldn’t help the small smile on my face when Rosie’s contact came up on my phone.

 

“I’ll be back,” I waved my phone at the two who nodded and I went to my room, “What’s wrong?” Chaeyoung immediately asked rather than her usual “Wifey~~”

 

I thought that I would be able to confront her once she did call, but after hearing her voice.. I suddenly got scared.

 

“Jen hey you there?” Chaeyoung softly asked.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Now are you going to tell me what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing’s wrong...just uhm missing you is all.” I forced a chuckle.

 

“You and I both know your lying. So tell me what’s going on in my girlfriend’s pretty little head?”

 

“It’s really nothing…I just feel bad that I’m not there to spend your birthday with you. I really do miss you Hubby.” I wrapped an arm around myself, suddenly feeling emotional.

 

“Aww don’t feel bad, it’s okay we spent many birthdays together and we’ll spend many more. Just a few more months babe.”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Jennie...are you sure there’s nothing else bugging you?” She asked after a brief moment of silence.

 

“Yeah, I’m sure.”

 

“Okay...uhm hey listen I have to go. I’ll call you later okay?”

 

“Sure sure.”

 

“Cool”

 

“I love you.” I said.

 

“I lo…” but the call got disconnected before I heard her say it back.

 

I love you too. -Hubby I read her text.

 

Sighing, I went back out to the living room where Jisoo and Lisa were.

 

“What’s wrong Jen?” Lisa asked

 

“Nothing…”

 

“It’s not nothing if it looks like your about to cry.” Jisoo softly asked, taking the spot next to me on the couch, but I stayed quiet.

 

“Jen...does this have to do with Hyeri unnie’s post?” Jisoo carefully asked and I averted my gaze.

 

“Do you think that...that Rosie will fall for her?” I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat.

 

“ NO.” Lisa yelled before continuing, “Look Jen, Rosie has been in-love with you for so long. Chu and I watched how hard she tried to get over you, but she could never. You own Chaeyoung’s heart Jen, just you. That’s why even if she was dying on the inside every time the 5 of us used to hang out, or when you used to talk about Nayeon with that shimmer in your eyes Chaeng would smile and be happy. Because she was happy for you, she really was because she loved and loves you so much. Don’t doubt her Jen, because that girl would literally do anything to keep you happy.”

 

“Lali is right Jen, Park Chaeyoung is irrevocably in-love with you, there’s no way that will ever change in this lifetime nor the next. Just trust her, don’t let stuff like this get into your head.” Jisoo smiled.

 

“I trust Rosie I do, it’s her roommate that I don’t trust. She’s too clingy to my Hubby! And then she posts cringy things on the gram, practically trying to show the world that she has some sort of claim on MY Rosie.” I huffed.

 

“Well what did Chaeng say about the party?”

 

“I forgot to ask..”

 

“Okay wait.” Lisa whipped her phone back out.

 

“Hey Lisa what’s up?” Chaeyoung’s voice rang out on the speaker. We definitely knew she wasn’t home.

 

“Chaengie~ what are you doing right now?” Lisa asked.

 

“Hyeri unnie dragged me out to some club and surprised me for my birthday.”

 

“A CLUB?! Our Chaengie went to a club without the squad?! What kind of betrayal.” Lisa dramatically responded.

 

“It’s not like I could say no, she dragged me out to grab dinner, but instead of a restaurant she took me to a club. It was actually pretty sketchy cause the club is in like this super private place and the lights were off when we got in but turns out she planned a surprise party.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“Wow! That’s some next level , how did she afford that?”

 

“She models here so...but yeah I was like are you trying to kill me?”

 

“She models...wait what did you say your roommate’s full name was.” Lisa asked her eyebrows furrowing.

 

“Uhm Lee Hyeri.”

 

“Lee Hyeri...Lee hyeri..” Lisa kept muttering and then her eyes went wide.

 

“WAIT LEE HYERI! THE LEE HYERI!” Lisa screamed at her phone, shocking me and Jisoo. I whipped my phone out and googled Chaeyoung’s roommate right away and I was shookt.

 

A ING MODEL?! Her roommate is a famous ing model why didn’t she tell me?

 

“Chaengie your telling me that your roommate with Lee Hyeri the famous model?! The hell man, you hella scored.”

 

“Is she? Hmm that explains a lot then.”

 

“Wait you didn’t know.”

 

“Nope..she just said she models.”

 

“I see….” Lisa trailed off, “well since you're over there partying, I’ll hang up. I’ll text you later.”

 

“Yeah sure, Oh wait Lisa...can you do me a favor.” Chaeyoung suddenly turned serious.

 

“Yeah sure what’s up?”

 

“Can you and Jisoo check on Jen for me?” She asked worriedly over the phone, and my heart felt all soft.

 

“Why is something up?” Lisa asked while she kept her eye on me.

 

“I’m just worried. She sounded off when we spoke, I know something’s bothering her and she can’t find the words to tell me...I don’t know why, I don’t think I did anything...I was going to tell her that Hyeri unnie dragged me out too, but I was too caught up with how sad she sounded on the phone to mention it. Just check on her for me please, and call me right away. I think I’ll head back to the dorm too, I can’t stop worrying about her.”

 

“Yeah of course we will.”

 

“Thanks..I’ll talk to you later.”

 

“Okay bye bye.”

 

“Hmm bye.”

 

Lisa hung up the phone and had a giant grin on her face along with Jisoo, “Hear that Jen your Hubby is super worried about you. So stop thinking about the worst okay?”

 

“You guys are right.”

 

I shouldn’t be worrying. I trust Rosie I do.


 

The next morning Lisa and Jisoo barged into my room, practically throwing Lisa’s phone in my face.

 

“What the hell guys?” I groaned, trying to snuggle back into my blanket, but they just threw it off of me.

 

“Wifey!” I heard Chaeyoung’s muffled voice, peeking through one eye I saw that Lisa was on a facetime with Chaeyoung who looked like she was about to burst into tears.

 

“What happened?” I asked grabbing the phone from Lisa.

 

“Before I tell you...you trust me right?” Chaeyoung asked, biting her lower lip nervously.

 

“Of course I do. Why would you question that?”

 

“Okay well…so last night...Hyeri unnie surprised me for my birthday and took me out..the thing is some of the media ended up getting inside the venue. They took photos and released a story.”

 

“Okay and so?” I asked not really getting why this was such a big deal.

 

“Wait what?” Chaeyoung asked confused, while Lisa and Jisoo were giving me the same confused look.

 

“Why are you acting like it’s the end of the world for you? Okay the media took pictures of the party, that’s pretty cool right?” I chuckled, but my laughter died when Jisoo showed me the article.

 

Lee Hyeri throwing a big party for girlfriend?! Private instagram account shows photos and videos with beautiful blonde.

 

Model and actress Lee Hyeri was caught having a party in Gangnam last night with some close friends. According to insiders, the party was for someone that has become really special to Hyeri recently. Sources also state that the two hardly separated throughout the evening. Fan taken photos taken after said event of Hyeri being carried home have sparked rumors of the two being more than just friends. Dream T is yet to make a statement on this.

 

“The is that?!” I yelled, grabbing Jisoo’s phone and reading the article. Finally understanding why the three looked so confused by my initial reaction.

 

“Park Chaeyoung what the hell is this?!” I fumed.

 

“Listen Jen, calm down okay. Hyeri unnie said that she’ll go take care of it. The article denying the rumor should be out.”

 

“Uhm Pasta..” Jisoo nervously spoke, showing me and Chaeyoung the articles that are starting to trend on the Naver website.

 

Dream T confirms that Hyeri is in a relationship with non-celebrity girlfriend, Park Chaeyoung

 

Dream T confirms that Hyeri is in fact in a relationship with Park Chaeyoung. The two met in university and have been seeing each other well.

 

Lee Hyeri makes private instagram account public and announces her relationship in a new post with her girlfriend.

 

To all my fans, I’m sorry for not personally telling you all about this. I know you all have seen the photos online and I want you all to know that yes, the rumor is true. I am in a relationship. Chaeyoung is very special to me and I care for her very much.

 

I read the articles and started laughing. What kind of fanfic is this?

 

“I think she’s lost it.” Lisa said, while I couldn’t stop laughing.

 

“Jendeuk….”

 

“What kind of bull is this Chaeyoung?! Why would she confirm it? What’s going on?” I asked, trying to stop myself from crying, but failing miserably.

 

“I don’t know, I don’t know. She said that she’ll take care of it. I didn’t think she’d do something like this without talking to me. You have to trust me Jennie...trust me there’s nothing between us. Nothing.” Chaeyoung was pleading over the phone, begging for me to trust her, but how can I?!

 

“I want to trust you Chae...I do..” I trailed off, already crying my heart out.

 

“Then trust me baby...please..trust me. You know how much I love you. So just...trust me. I’ll fix this, I’ll make it right. I’ll deny it all even if people turn their backs on me. I can lose everything and everyone in this world, but you Jen. I...I can’t lose you.” Chaeyoung was crying as well and my heart was breaking. Everything was just too much, but like Chaeyoung...I can lose it all but her.. I can’t lose her.

 

“I trust you Hubby...so please please please please fix this. It hurts you know...it hurts seeing someone else claim you as theirs...it hurts knowing that people think that you’re not mine. It hurts me so much… so please please please please…”


























 

“Jen! Jen!! JENNIE KIM!” Opening my eyes I was met with Lisa and Jisoo who were both worriedly looking at me.

 

“Jen are you okay? We heard you yelling and crying. Did you have a nightmare?” Jisoo asked, wiping my tears.

 

I noticed it was still dark out. Was that all just a dream? I ran my hand through my hair before quickly reaching for my phone. I checked the news sites and Hyeri’s instagram. There was nothing about them.

 

“It was just a nightmare Chu...a really bad one.” I felt the pain go through me again and I couldn’t help the tears.

 

“Oh Jendeuk what happened?” Jisoo and Lisa immediately went to my side and I told them about my nightmare.

 

“It’s okay Jen, it was just a dream. Here why don’t you go call Chae.” Lisa handed me my phone. Sniffling, I took it from her and facetimed my Hubby.

 

“Lisa and I will go make some tea to help calm you down. We’ll be back okay.” Jisoo patted my head, before the two left me.

 

“Wifey~” Chaeyoung answered right when the two walked out of my room, “Wait it’s the middle of the night there. What’s wrong? Did you cry? Who made you cry?” Chaeyoung bombarded me with questions and I felt another wave of tears, God why am I such a cry baby right now.

 

“Hubby...I had a nightmare...Hyeri she...and you.. And..” I couldn’t get my words out without holding back a sob, “I dreamt that Hyeri told people that you two were together…”

 

“Wifey...you know that won’t ever happen right? I’m yours, just yours. Forever and always.” Chaeyoung assured me.

 

“I know...it’s just you two got so close recently and she threw you this amazing party. She’s also a model and really pretty..and I..I..I’m scared that you’ll fall for her.” I admitted my fear to her.

 

“Jennie Kim. That’s my girlfriend’s name and I love her very much. She doesn’t have to worry about anyone else, because to me she is the most beautiful woman on Earth. You’re the love of my life Jen and I’d be damned if I lose you. So trust me and don’t doubt me. I know that our situation right now is hard..but trust me when I say that I’ll always come home to you. I love you.” Chaeyoung gave me the softest most loving stare and it melted all my worries and insecurities away.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“I know, now go back to sleep. It’s the middle of the night over there. I’ll stay on the line until you fall back asleep.”

 

“Hmm okay.” I listened to her, laying back down on my bed and closing my eyes. Letting the sound of Chaeyoung’s soft humming lull me to sleep.

 

“Sleep tight love.” Was the last thing I heard before I fell into a deep sleep.













 

“So are you ready to come home?” I beamed, already marking the day that my Rosie comes home to me.

 

“Rosie?” I called out to her softly, “Are you here?” I asked.

 

“Yeah I am.” She smiled, “Promise.”

 

I looked at her skeptically. Recently, I’ve noticed that Chaeyoung has been zoning out more and more, especially when we talk about her coming back.

 

“Hmmm okay...you know that I’m always here if you need to talk right?”

 

“I know Jen...just stressing the end of the sem as always.”

 

“Ah okay...anyways, has the university sent you the things you need to come back?” I asked feeling all giddy again. It’s been a long 4 months since my birthday and Chaeng said she’ll be back by summer and the semester ends in 2 weeks!!

 

“Uh actu…” Chaeyoung began, but stopped midway, nodded, then turned her attention back to me. “Jen, I have to go out real quick. I’ll be right back.” Chaeyoung smiled before running off.

 

“Okay…” I whispered, feeling like I’m the only one excited about her coming back already.

 

While Chaeyoung was gone, I heard the door click.

 

“Rosie?” I called, but was surprised to see Hyeri instead.

 

“Uhm Hi.” I awkwardly greeted her, forcing myself not to roll my eyes at her getting oh so comfy on my Rosie’s bed.

 

“Hi Jennie…”

 

“Is there something you need?” I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

 

“Actually yes...I just don’t know how to start.”

 

I raised a brow at this. What could she possibly need from me? Because first of all, I wouldn’t even consider us friends. Second, the only thing or should I say person that connects me and her is my Hubby. So her asking me for something means that it has something to do with my Hubby.

 

“Well I’m assuming it has something to do with Chaeng.” I responded, trying not to sound too sassy.

 

“Yes it does.”

 

With furrowed brows I asked, “Do you like Chaeyoung unnie?”

 

My blunt and straightforwardness definitely caught her off guard, but her cheeks and ears turning red told me the answer.

 

“You do.”

 

“I-I-I-I-I…” She stuttered, before clearing , “Look Jennie, I’m not asking you to help me court Chaeyoung if that’s what you're thinking. I just came in here because I know yo…”

 

“Wait, did Chaeyoung not tell you anything about us?” I interrupted her. Like how dare she even think that I would even help her court my Hubby or that my Hubby is available to court anyways.

 

“Tell me what?”

 

“Nothing..never mind. What do you need?” I asked, not even masking the irritation in my voice.

 

“I need you to convince Chae to stay.”

 

“I beg your pardon?”

 

“I knew it...She didn’t tell you.” Hyeri sighed.

 

“Tell me what?”

 

“Chaeyoung was offered an internship at Blacklabel as a record producer. One of the instructors here sent her song to them and Taeyeon picked it to go into her album. She worked with them and the song did great on the charts and so they offered her an internship, but she hasn’t responded.” Hyeri explained and everything started clicking in my mind.

 

So this is why she was always zoning out and why I felt like she was hiding something from me.

 

“unnie? What are you doing here?” Chaeyoung suddenly came back.

 

“Just talking to Jennie. You know getting to know her.” Hyeri smiled, “ Anyways, I’ll see you at dinner later.” With that, Hyeri finally got off of the bed and left.

 

“Sorry about that. Anyways, we….Wifey? Jen? Jen? Jennie? ” Chaeyoung called out, pulling me out of my thoughts, “ Hey you okay?” Did something happen between you and Hyeri unnie?” Chaeyoung frowned.

 

“Huh? Nothing happened, what are you talking about. We just talked. uhm ..” I trailed off, trying to process everything.

 

“Talked about what?”

 

“Stuff…”

 

“She told you didn’t she…” Chaeyoung sighed, running her fingers through her hair and I nodded my head yes. The mood turned somber immediately...

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I softly asked, trying to mask the subtle hurt in my voice.

 

“I...I wanted to...but do you know what it would mean if I took this internship?”

 

I kept quiet, of course I know what it would mean.

 

“I told you that I’d come home to you.. To all of you by summer. I promised and you know I keep my word.”

 

“I know you do, but this is your dream Chae and I don’t want to be the one that holds you back from that. I know how much music means to you.”

 

“So what are you trying to say?”

 

“I want you to take the internship. Chase your dream Hubby.”

“What about us? What should we do? I know you’ve been having a hard time with the long distance...I have too…”

 

“I never said anything about breaking up Chae. We can make this work, I know we will. It’ll be hard, but as long as we trust each other we’ll be fine.”

 

“Alright...I’ll let them know.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Good.” I nodded my head, but Chaeyoung was still looking at me intensely.

 

“What?” I looked at her.

 

“I love you...you know that?” She suddenly blurted out and I felt my face heating up.

 

“I..uhm...Hubbyyy..” I whined, hiding my cheeks in my palms.

 

“Aww are you shy? Cute.”

 

“You...ugh I swear.” I playfully rolled my eyes at her and she just laughed at me even more.

 

“Oh Je…”

 

“Babe I’m grabbing our sweater okay?” I heard Hyeri’s voice, frowning at the babe and the whole our sweater thing.

 

“Huh? Ohh ah…”

 

“Kay thanks, love ya!” Hyeri didn’t even let Chaeyoung speak and I heard the door close. My blood was boiling and remembered what I found out about Chaeyoung’s roommate.

 

“Babe? Our Sweater? Love ya?!” I was fuming, “You still let her call you babe?! You two have a sweater?! And what the hell is with that love ya ?!”

 

“Wifey calm down, unnie is just like that. We’re friends.”

 

“What kind of friend would call you babe if you had told her about us?” When the question came out of my mouth and the silence that followed, I knew the answer.

 

“So you really didn’t tell her about us huh. Did you know she has feelings for you?”

 

“What? She does?! I..I didn’t know.”

 

“Really? You didn’t know?! How can you not know?! Do you not see how she looks at you? How cringy her posts are?! She loves you Rosie and I hate that. That she dared to even suggest that I help her court you. OOOh I swear.” I pouted and Chaeyoung had a eating grin on her face.

 

“Oh Wifey is jealous?”

 

“How can I not be? I’m thousands of miles away while she’s just a few feet away.”

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll tell Hyeri unnie about us. I didn’t get a chance when I got back because she was working and I got busy as well. I didn’t mean to hide it. You know that right?”

 

“I know you probably didn’t….I just hate how my rival is so close.”

 

“Rival? How can you have a rival if I’ve already chosen you?”

 

“Still, I gotta be careful now that my Hubby is becoming a famous record producer.” I teased.

 

“I love you Jennie Kim.”

 

“I love you too Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“I promise you that I’ll come home to you and that I won’t ever ever leave your side.”

 

“Okay call.” I smiled, feeling at ease, although I am a little upset that she has to stay.

 

“Alright, well I better go. I’ll call you again.”

 

“Okay, bye Hubby. I love you.”

 

“Bye Wifey. I love you more”


~ ~ ~ ~  

A/N: Alrighty I will bring Chaeyoung back to Jennie in the last part. Deal?