Memories Pt. 18 (Final)

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

“Are you okay?”

 

“Oh yeah. Sorry.” Jennie apologizes to the stranger.

“Hey no need to apologize...you're not doing anything wrong. I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”

 

“Yeah I am.. Thank you.”

 

“Okay..well take care. I gotta go.” The stranger smiles at Jennie before running off, “HANK! C’mon let’s go bud!” She yells out and a cute puppy quickly runs over to her.

 

“Hank...where have I heard that name before?” Jennie asks, trying to remember, but before the girl could get further in her thoughts her phone began to ring.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Jennie!”

 

“What happened?” Jennie’s mind went to overdrive when she heard Seulgi’s panicked voice over the phone.

 

“We’re lost.”

 

“lost?”

 

“Yeah...I was just following Hyun and..”

 

“Oh now it’s my fault” Joohyun’s voice was heard in the background.

 

“Hon, that’s not what I’m saying...but we’ve been walking straight for so long.”

 

“I told you we’re going in the right direction.” Joohyun argues back.

 

“Seul, just send me your location and I’ll come grab you guys.”

 

“Okay thanks Jen!”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Rosie!!! My bestest friend ever.”

 

“Oh boy.” Roseanne chuckles, “You need something from me…”

 

“Rude. I was just trying to be cute.” Lisa whines over the phone.

 

“Right okay...what’s up? You don’t just “try to be cute” Lis.”

 

“Okay well...you see….Chu and I were supposed to prepare for the dinner tonight together, but her manager..”

 

“Alright I got it.” Roseanne interrupts, “Aly and I can go to the market then head over there.”

“You and I can handle it Rosie, we don’t have to bother Aly.”

 

“Lisa..I love you, you’re my best friend, but we both know how terrible your cooking skills are.”

 

“Excuse you, I can cook rice.”

 

“You are so lucky Chu can cook.”

 

“Whatever, I’ll see you guys in a bit.”

 

“Okay your highness.” Roseanne teases before ending the call.

 

“So we’re heading to the market now?” Alice asks from the passenger seat.

 

“It’s either we go make dinner tonight or Lisa might burn their house down.”

 

“And see Chu kill Lisa...hmm that’s actually...”

 

“ALY!”

 

“I’m teasing. C’mon let’s go take Hank home first though, you two get distracted at the market.” Alice chuckles, and Roseanne nods in the front seat.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“I love the Park sisters so much!” Lisa cheers as she finishes setting the table for dinner.

 

“Yeah yeah Lili..you know this isn’t free. You owe me lunch for a month.” Rosie teases.

 

“I take that back. I only love Aly.”

 

“My pay is lunch for two months. Rosie’s too much of a low baller.” Alice sticks her tongue out at Lisa.

 

“You both, I swear.” Lisa sulks.

 

“It’s the least you can do for just sitting there and playing with Lego.”

 

“Hey I cut the onions.”

 

“Yeah...and then you almost chopped your finger off.”

 

“Alright you two, that’s enough. Rosie can you make sure the alfredo sauce is okay..and you Lisa, go upstairs and change.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” The two children salute, Alice shakes her head, “You two seriously don’t change. Okay go go.”

“Mmmm something smells good here!”

 

“Who’s that?” Alice turns to her sister who quickly grabs the girl and hides behind her.

 

“Hide me.”

 

“What?”

 

“They’re coming Aly.” Roseanne says running to the walk-in pantry.

 

“Who’s coming.” Alice asks, but Roseanne already shut the door.

 

“Oh hello...who are you?” Roseanne recognized Yeri’s voice.

 

“She’s my angel.” Seojun pipes up and a loud smack is heard.

 

“Sorry about him...I’m Jackson.” Another smack.

 

“I’m sorry about them...I’m Nayeon...and you are?”

 

“I’m Alice Park..”

 

“PARK?” The whole gang chorused, scaring Alice just a bit.

 

“Uh yes?”

 

“Like Roseanne Park.”

 

“That’s my sister.”

 

“YOUR SISTER?!”

 

“Is she here?” Yeri asks in a dangerously low tone and Roseanne feels a chill run down her spine.

 

“Rosie? Oh..she left. Had to do some things.” Alice covers for her sister;

 

“ROSIE! Let’s go grab some wi….” Lisa’s voice dies in when she sees the whole gang, minus Seulgi, Joohyun, and Jennie crowding around the kitchen.

 

“I thought you said she wasn’t here.” Nayeon looks at Alice, who shakes her head at Lisa and points to the pantry door.

 

“Don’t kill her.” Alice says as the others surround the pantry door.

 

“They won’t...but Rosie might pee herself.” Lisa laughs and Alice couldn’t stop herself from laughing with her.

 

“Roseanne.” Yeri starts.

 

“We know you’re in there.” Nayeon continues.

 

“Come out of the closet peacefully and no one gets hurt.” Moonbyul says in a tone that makes it very hard to believe that no one will get hurt.

 

“I’m already out.”

 

The others tried to hold their chuckle at Roseanne’s witty remark.

 

“Rosie dear..come out before I send Seojun and Jackson in there.” Yongsun says.

 

“Rosie posie just come out here. I won’t let them kill you.” Alice giggles, finding the whole thing childish but quite endearing.

 

“Yeah Rosie..c’mon you can’t stay in there forever.”

 

“Alright fine..” Roseanne finally relents, and the second she peeks her head from out the pantry the others pull her out.

 

“Okay let’s talk Roseanne.” The others drag the blonde to the couch, while Alice and Lisa watch from afar.

 

“What really happened 5 years ago? Why’d you and Lisa really leave? And why’d you ghost us for so long?”

 

“Guys…” Roseanne sighs, she knew they were going to ask these.

 

“Look things happened and.. I’m sorry for not keeping in touch, I had to work on myself and yeah.”

 

“What things exactly? You and Lisa just dipped out and all of a sudden Chu was also moving here. Something big must have happened.” Nayeon deduced.

 

And so Roseanne told them everything.

 

“TRANSPLANT REJECTION?!”

 

“COMA?!”

 

“Lisa you and Chu hid this from us?” They all glared at Lisa.

 

“Okay in my defense she asked me not to tell you guys.” Lisa puts her arms up in the air in mock surrender.

 

“Why didn’t you want to tell us?”

 

“I didn’t want to worry you guys.”

 

“Worry us? I thought you were our friend.”

 

“I am, I just wanted to save everyone the heartache in case I lost my heart or worse if I died.”

 

“Heartache over your heart.” Moonbyul sighs, “You didn’t possibly think we would have mourned over that? Rosie really? We would have been more worried about you. Who cares who’s heart it is.”

 

“At the time, I was at a place where I didn’t know who I was anymore. I felt more like Chaeyoung’s replacement than myself...that’s why..”

 

“Rosie..” The others gathered the blonde in their arms for a group hug, “We’re sorry if we made you feel that way, but you need to know that even before you left..we’ve all accepted Chaeyoung’s death. Knowing you had her heart made us remember our grief yes, but we know that you are you.” Nayeon says and the others nod in agreement.

 

“I know that now.” Roseanne says confidently.

 

“See that wasn’t so bad right Rosie?”Jisoo arrives smiling at the sight in front of her, handing her girlfriend a tissue.

 

“Okay but can we eat now?” Alice says after the others get caught up in catching up.

 

“Ah not yet. Jen, Seu, and Hyun aren’t back.”

 

“What? They’ve gone for so long.”

 

“Jen texted me saying the two got lost, so she went to get them, they should be..”

“Home!” Everyone heard Seulgi sigh in relief.

 

“Oh speak of the devils.”

 

“Hey Lis who’s ca..”

 

“Oh it’s you from the park.” Alice points to Jennie.

 

“Ah yeah..” Jennie takes a quick glance at the blonde girl in the room.

 

“You two know each other?” Jisoo asks.

 

“I was just reminiscing in the park..and she noticed.” Jennie explains.

 

“Ohhh.”

 

“I’m Jennie by the way.” Jennie introduces herself.

 

“Alice, Rosie’s sister.” Alice smiles, shaking the shorter girl’s hand.

 

And a silence drapes over the room as everyone eyes the two former love birds.

 

“So should we eat?” Lisa breaks the silence.

 

“Yeah yeah lets. Wouldn’t want all the food Rosie and Aly made get cold.” Jisoo jokes.

 

“Babe! I helped!!” Lisa whines like a child.

 

“She did?” Jisoo turns to the Park sisters.

 

“She almost cut her finger off.” Rosie replies and the others laugh out loud.

 

“Wow the slander in my own home.” Lisa pouts.

 

“Alright stop pouting, c’mon..we haven’t had everyone here like this in a while. Let’s eat.” Jisoo kisses the pout away from Lisa’s lips who’s mood switches back to her usual bright and energetic self.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Days later as the wedding ceremony for Jisoo and Lisa ends and the reception begins, Jennie finds herself in the garden thinking about everything that’s happened in her life.

 

“It’s cold out here.” Roseanne says, handing Jennie a cup of hot chocolate she got from the cafe in the hotel’s lobby.

 

“I’m fine, thanks though..” Jennie looks at the blonde, trying to hand the drink back, but Roseanne shakes her head no, “I know you get cold easily. Just take it.”

 

“Thanks.” Jennie smiles, taking a sip before turning her attention back to the sky. Roseanne stands next to her in silence. Both having so much to say, but not knowing where to start. They never really had a chance to talk, helping with the last minute wedding preparations taking a lot of their spare time...and add to the fact the two had no idea what to even say to each other.

 

So when Roseanne saw Jennie leave the reception hall, she decided to follow.

 

“It’s been a while since we’ve been alone like this.” Jennie speaks up first, surprising the blonde Aussie.

 

“Yeah it has...how are you?” Roseanne asks.

 

“Happy.” Jennie replies, with a smile on her lips.

 

“I’m glad.”

 

“How about you? How are you?”

 

“At peace.”

 

“Good..good..” Jennie trails off, finally gathering the courage to look at Roseanne, “Rosie...:” Jennie calls out to her for the first time in 5 years, “about what happened before, I just want to apologize.”

 

“You didn’t do anything wrong Jen..you were hurting..”

 

“Being hurt doesn’t excuse me holding onto you like you were Chaeyoung. But I also want you to know that I meant what I said when I told you that you made me feel at peace…” Jennie finishes her hot chocolate, throwing the cup in the rubbish bin as she makes up her mind.

 

“Jen..”

 

“Just listen to me first.” Jennie smiles when Roseanne nods her head, “I was angry at you, because when I finally started to face Chaeyoung’s death. When I took that step...I felt so much resentment towards you..I wondered why she did that...but even though I felt all this anger towards you, I also missed you. Juhyun, my therapist, she had told me I only missed you because I was still seeing Chaeyoung instead of you...and she was right. But even though I was not over Chaeyoung, I was scared to lose you too. That’s when I really began to face everything that’s happened head on, because I did lose not only myself but someone I cared about...I knew that I had to find myself again. To just be Jennie, not Jennie that still held on to someone that will never come back.”

 

“I’m proud of you...it must have been hard.” Roseanne had a soft smile on her face.

 

“It was...it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. That’s why I left Seoul too..because I needed to take myself away from everything. I needed to learn to be me again. And as I went through this, I realized that everyone was right, letting go and forgetting are different. I’ve let Chaeyoung go, I’ve let the past go...but the memories...the memories I’ll treasure. After all they kinda shaped me into who I am now.” Jennie genuinely smiles.

 

“Why are you telling me all this?” Roseanne asks, curious for the sudden topic.

 

“Because you were the one that pushed me to take that first step. So, I want to say that I’m sorry again for hurting you, but also thank you..thank you for everything.” Jennie steps forward and wraps her arms around the blonde, “You saved me Rosie.” She whispers.

 

“Jennie..” Roseanne returns the hug, “I was in the same boat as you..things happened these past 5 years and I had to do some soul searching myself, because a part of me had felt more like Chaeyoung’s replacement than myself.” Roseanne pulls back, staring into Jennie’s eyes again, “I was thrown into her world unknowingly with you and everyone that was around her, but I realized the others didn't see me as Chaeyoung..it was me. I was the one that kept thinking like that. I was the one that kept those thoughts..that guilt..so I left to find myself too...to remember what it’s like to be Rosie.”

 

“Did you?”

 

“Yeah...I did.”

 

A silence falls over the two...not knowing what to say next. Jennie for one, didn’t expect to have this conversation with Roseanne at Lisa’s and Jisoo’s wedding..but for some reason she felt like this is the best time.

 

“There you guys are!” Seulgi breaks the silence, and the two look back at the monolid girl.

 

“The brides are looking for their maid of honors. C’mon.” The girl drags them back inside the venue.

 

As Roseanne and Jennie rejoin the party and the festivities, their eyes catching each other’s wandering gazes every now and then..do they wonder when that one day will come when they can take a step forward together again.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: We’ve finally reached the end of Memories. I can’t believe it really..especially since I didn’t intend on writing something this long in the first place 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈.

 

For those of you that actually stayed with this till the end thank you...hopefully I didn’t disappoint you...although tbh I’m never really satisfied with anything I write hence I don’t proofread and just post lol.

 

Also, with Memories completed...I’ve decided to close this collection of oneshots/multi shots as well 🤙🏻💯.

 

Let me know what you think of their ending.🥺🥺🥺🥺

 

Oh and one more thing...scroll down for the (mini) epilogue 👀👀







 

 

 

 

 

 

 









 

  • 2 years after the wedding -

 

“Jennie, fancy meeting you here. Can I sit?” A woman asks, while placing her coffee down on the table and already taking a seat across from the brunette.

 

“Well you’re already sitting so sure.” Jennie nods, focusing her attention back on the book in her hand.

 

“What brings you back to Melbourne?” Suzy asks, watching as the snow begins to fall.

 

“Personal matters.”

 

“Personal huh..” Suzy smiles, looking at Jennie, “I see that you two found your way back to each other after all.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“Chaeyoung was my never ending storm and Rosie was my rainbow in between the patches of rain.” Suzy ignores Jennie’s question, “And they both meant a lot to me, but now I have accepted that no matter how much I loved them...I was never going to be the right person for her...in fact only one person will be.”

 

“Suzy you’re confusing me.”

 

“Take care of her Jennie...and also I’m sorry for what happened before. It was out of line of me.” Suzy smiles, before leaving Jennie alone at the table.

 

“What the hell just happened?” Jennie asks herself as Suzy disappears, but she didn’t have time to ponder over that. It was late and she told Jisoo she’d be back in time to babysit their 1 year old daughter, Iris.

 

“Hey Chu, I’m heading there now.” Jennie calls Jisoo as she makes her way through the streets, to get back to the parking lot she left the car.

 

“Okay no worries, it’s starting to snow even harder so be careful.”

 

“Yep got it.”

 

“Oh one more…”

 

“HEY WATCH OUT!” Jennie suddenly feels her body engulfed in a sudden warmth, being pulled back from taking another step forward.

 

“Jeez, didn’t you see the light turn red?” A familiar voice asks.

 

“Jendeuk? Hello? Hey what happened?” Jisoo’s questions were left unanswered as Jennie looked up at the person who just saved her.

 

“I’ll call you back Chu.” She says, ending the call still ignoring the barrage of questions from Jisoo, “Rosie...uhm hi.” Jennie smiles.

 

“HI? HI? Jeez you almost walked into traffic Jen!” Roseanne was fuming, she didn’t expect the stupid girl about to cross into the street to be Jennie.

 

“Sorry, I was distracted.”

 

“Goodness Jennie, you could have gotten hurt.” Roseanne huffs.

 

“I know….thank you for holding me back just now.”

 

“Just please be careful.”

 

“I will... promise.” Jennie says, “It’s really nice to see you again Rosie.”

 

“Yeah it is.” Roseanne smiles softly at the shorter girl, “Since the wedding right?”

 

“Mhm.” Jennie nods, “Sorry for leaving so abruptly by the way..there was a family issue and I ..”

 

“It’s fine..you don’t have to explain.” Roseanne stops Jennie from rambling.

 

A silence falls over the two, the clicking sound of idle cars and the pedestrian crossing echoing around them.

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Rosie.”

 

They speak at the same time.

 

“You first.” Jennie smiles.

 

“I uh..maybe we should cross first?” Roseanne smiles, gesturing for Jennie to go ahead.

 

“Right.” Jennie nods, and the two walk across the street together, their footprints quickly disappearing under the heavy snowfall.

 

“So..I..” Roseanne chuckles, brushing some of the snow from Jennie’s head, grabbing her scarf and wrapping it around the girl’s neck, “I know you’re already cold.” the blonde says softly and Jennie speaks up before her mind can stop herself, “I missed you.”

 

“Sorry.” Jennie quickly averts her eyes from the blonde who was stunned in place.

 

“I missed you too.” Roseanne says and Jennie snaps her head back up to meet Roseanne’s gaze, “ a lot...actually...and I’ve been wanting to find you and talk to you but I’ve just been a coward and...honestly I wasn’t sure if you would want to see me or..”

 

“Just shut up and kiss me Rosie.” Jennie interrupts, grabbing Rosesanne’s collar and crashing their lips together.

 

Before, they wondered when the day will come when they can take that step forward together again..but today they don’t have to wonder any longer.

 

“By the way what brings you here?” Roseanne asks as the two continue walking along the rare snowy streets of Melbourne, hand in hand.

 

“Oh Chu called me...asked if I can watch Iris for the week.”

 

“Really..” Roseanne frowns.

 

“Yeah? What’s with the frown?” Jennie asks.

 

“I was actually in Paris for a gallery I had to open up and Lisa called me over here to babysit Iris too.”

 

“She did?”

 

“Yeah...I was on my way to their place.”

 

“Same..” Jennie replies, and the two look at each other shaking their heads at their crazy best friends.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/n: Till next time.

 

Bye