You pt. 2

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

“Oh what happened?” Jisoo asked, seeing her best friend come home with puffy eyes.

 

“Did Chae reject you already?” Joy joked, earning a glare from the puffy eyed dumpling.

 

“We’re just friends.” Jennie sniffled.

 

“Right friends.” Yeri added in a sarcastic voice.

 

“Okay you two stop. Jen what happened?” Irene asked, handing the girl a glass of water.

 

“It’s nothing.” Jennie shook her head. She can’t tell her members about her secret.

 

“It can’t be nothing….you literally left earlier all smiley and excited, but come back looking like you just got dumped.”

 

“It’s really nothing, Chae and I just watched something sad is all.”

 

“Oh jeez.” Joy and Yeri rolled their eyes, “Here we thought we had to go barge into Chaeyoung’s place and give her a piece of our minds for making you cry..” Joy huffed.

 

“Next time Jen, lead with that.” Irene chuckled, before going back to doodling on her iPad.

 

“I’m tired, I think I’ll shower and head to bed. Goodnight.” Jenine smiled, feeling glad her members bought her lie.

 

~

 

“What are you doing here?” Jennie asked, seeing Jisoo looking quite comfortable on her bed playing some game on her phone.

 

“I was waiting for you to finish getting ready for bed.”

 

“I can see that...but why?”

 

“You may have fooled them...but we’ve known each other the longest. And as much as you like to think you’re good at hiding things...you’re not. So tell me, what really happened?” Jisoo’s tone left no room for argument and with a sigh and a small pout Jennie told Jisoo everything, except Chaeyoung’s true identity.

 

“Are you disappointed in me too?” Jennie asked in a small voice, it’s the weakest tone Jisoo has ever heard from Jennie.

 

“Do you think I would be?”

 

“But I lied Chu….”

 

“Well it’s not like you’re out there screaming to the world that music is your life and stuff. So I don’t think you lied Jen. You did what you had to do and I understand that. I’m not mad at you or disappointed.” Jisoo smiled, hugging her best friend.

 

“Do you think Chae is right about me?”

 

“Well that...I don’t know Jen, sometimes you have this spark in your eyes when we’re in the studio or rehearsing. You’re definitely a perfectionist….Do you even like what we do?”

 

“Performing? Yeah I like it. I get to be with you guys and the fans are supportive. There are some cons, but there’s more pros.”

 

“Well at least you don’t hate it.”

 

“I don’t know what to do….I feel like I disappointed Chae..”

 

Yeah friends my Jisoo shook her head at her best friend who is still so oblivious about her feelings.

 

“You didn’t Jen. We see how Chae cares for you, I don’t think this will change anything between you two. Don’t let it bother you too much? Or maybe talk to her about it more.”

 

“I guess...but we’ll be busy for the next few weeks with our comeback preparations…”

 

“Jennie...texting exists.” Jisoo chuckled, lightening the atmosphere.

 

“It’s not the same.”

 

“Just say you’ll miss her. Jeez.”

 

“I-- we’re friends.”

 

“Okay, let’s just sleep. Enough thinking about this. Just be yourself Jendeuk.”

 

“Hmm thanks Chu.”

 

“Stop acting like we’re not close. Sleep.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Chong-ah.”

 

“Hmm?’

 

“Chong-ah.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Chong-ah.”

 

“Ah what is it?” Chaeyoung looked at Lisa who had a teasing smirk on her face.

 

“Nothing.” Lisa chuckled.

 

“Goodness.” Chaeyoung playfully rolled her eyes at her best friend, going back into her thoughts.

 

“Chong-ah.”

 

“What is it Lisa? Seriously can we just focus on the movie?”

 

“We could...but we haven’t even picked anything out yet. You zoned out on me.”

 

“Oh.” Chaeyoung smiled sheepishly, “Sorry, what should we watch?”

 

“Well why don’t we start with what’s occupying your head?” Lisa asked, turning to the blonde, “Because you have that look.”

 

“It’s mom.” Chaeyoung sighed.

 

“How is she? Still trying to get you to move back home?” Lisa chuckled, remembering how the blonde’s mom was all pouty and whiny.

 

“She’s doing good..and you know she can’t go a day without asking me to come back.”

 

“Then what’s going on?”

 

“She asked me to sing with her at the year end shows. I guess they’re doing a tribute to her.”

 

“What?! OMG that's a huge Chae!!” Lisa was excited.

 

“Yeah..but it would mean exposing who I am to everyone…”

 

“That’s right…”

 

“I like living like a normal person. No one knows me...I’m just Park Chaeyoung a university student. I can do what I want without people judging my every move.”

 

“Actually…” Lisa chuckled, “A lot more people know who you are..well not exactly your name..just your face.”

 

“What do you mean?” Chaeyoung frowned.

“Well….whenever you and Jennie hang out, she isn’t really discreet and some photos have been circulating around on twitter, but don’t worry people are usually quick to get these photos taken down since it’s an invasion of privacy.”

 

“Oh that’s good then.” Chaeyoung nodded.

 

“But what about the concert….are you going to do it? What’d uncle say?”

 

“They both want me to do it, but aren’t pressuring me to. What should I do?”

 

“I think you should do it. I know that you value your privacy, but Chae the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree..I mean you work with your mom in the studio already and as much as you love art...I think you love music just a bit more.”

 

“But do you think I can do it? Like I’ve never sang in front of anyone..just you guys when we go to the karaoke place.”

 

“Are you kidding me Chae? YOU HAVE A BOMB VOICE! You’ll kill it I know you will and I know Auntie will help you. Maybe you can get Jennie to help you get over your nerves.”

 

“I don’t know Lis…”

 

“Look even though I want you to do this, I know how you feel. So I won’t push it...but don’t reject the idea right away...think about it for a bit..I don’t want you to regret this in the future.”

 

“Yeah...you’re right.”

 

“Of course I am, now let’s just watch Tangled cause it’s already in your queue.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Mom do I really have to be here?” Chaeyoung whispered, while walking into the concert venue with her mom.

 

“No, but c’mon sweetie we haven’t hung out in forever since you moved out and this will be quick. They just want to show me the revised setlist. Then we can go.” Dara looked at her daughter.

 

“Okay.” Chaeyoung nodded, taking a seat in the back away from everyone.

 

“Thank you so much!” The group thanked the staff and immediately greeted Dara who was speaking to one of the producers on the stage.

 

“OKAY NEXT UP BV!” One of the staff yelled out, and Chaeyoung perked up at the name. As the music began Chaeyoung saw how the five girls seemed to switch personas, their stage presence was amazing.

 

“They’re really good right.” Dara sat down next to her daughter.

 

“Yeah, they are.” Chaeyoung agreed, while her eyes stayed on Jennie who was discussing something with one of the staff members.

 

“Okay well I’m done here, you ready to go?”

 

“Mhm, I’m hungry.” Chaeyoung pouted at her mother who smiled fondly at the girl, “Let’s go get my little girl fed then.” Dara chuckled.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“What’s wrong?” Jennie finally asked after minutes of nonstop talking only to realize the person on the other side of the couch wasn’t really present.

 

“I’m sorry? What were you saying again?” Chaeyoung felt guilty, she was listening to Jennie talk about the upcoming year end shows, but soon found her own mind drifting to what happens after that night.

 

How much will life change for me?

 

“And again, I reiterate, what’s wrong? I’ve been talking over here nonstop but I could tell you stopped listening.”

 

“I..I’ll tell you later..it’s not that important,” Chaeyoung shook her head to dismiss the question, before changing the subject back to what Jennie was telling her.

 

Nodding in understanding, Jennie summarized her long story, “Basically….they want us all to do like mini performances before coming together as a group. Hyun and Chu are going to sing a duet, Joy and Yeri are going to dance, and they want me to perform solo. I obviously don’t have a solo song so it would have to be a cover. I already talked to Teddy, our producer, and he told me to just swing by the studio so we can do some arrangements on some songs, but how can I do that if I don’t even have a song in mind…” Jennie bit her lower lip nervously.

 

“You can’t not have a song in mind Jen. It’s not like you just agree to whatever is put on your lap to sing right?”

 

“Uh right?” Chaeyoung tried again after a few beats passed.

 

“Would you hate me if I said yes?” Jennie asked in the tiniest voice, since the first time she confessed the truth to the blonde.

 

“No...I already told you I can’t be mad at you.” Chaeyoung moved closer to the brunette, “But why don’t I help you with this little project?”

 

“You will?” Jennie finally got the courage to look into Chaeyoung’s eyes again.

 

“Yes, that is as long as your producer won’t mind.”

 

“He won’t!” Jennie squealed, “Thanks Chae.”

 

“Anything for you. Let’s meet at my parent’s house. Mom has a little studio set-up.”

 

“Perfect, I’ll text you my schedule.”

 

“Works for me...now can we please get something to eat..I’m hungry.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Are you going out with Chaengie again later?” Jisoo looked at Jennie from the kitchen.

 

“Chaengie?” Jennie furrowed her eyebrows at the nickname.

 

“Mhm Chaengie..Chaeyoung? Ring a bell?” Jisoo chuckled.

 

“Since when were you two close that you call her Chaengie?”

 

“Oh..are you jealous?” Jisoo had a teasing smirk on.

 

“I am not jealous...I’m just curious.”

 

“We went on a date.” Jisoo replied with a straight face.

 

A date? With my Chaeyoung? When??? Chae didn’t mention anything. Jennie’s frown deepened at this, “You did not.”

 

“We totally did, wanna see the photos?” Jisoo asked, grabbing her phone.

 

“No, I’m running late. I gotta go.” Jennie huffed, stomping her way to the front door and slamming the door shut behind her.

 

“What was that?” Irene asked, walking out their laundry room with folded clothes.

 

“A green dumpling?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing.” Jisoo shook her head.

 

She’s totally jealous. Jisoo began to laugh to herself.

 

“I see Chu’s finally lost it.” Joy acknowledged the laughing girl before plopping onto the living room couch.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

“Jennie hello.” Dara greeted the girl happily.

 

“Mrs. Park hello.” Jennie greeted her senior respectfully.

 

“Goodness I told you to just call me auntie. Are you here to work with Chae again?”

 

“Yes.” Jennie smiled, she always gets so starstruck around Chaeyoung’s mom and now the woman wants Jennie to call her ‘Auntie.’ Like wow someone pinch Jennie.

 

“Yes??” Dara pressed.

 

“Yes auntie.” Jennie said softly.

 

“Goodness you are just so adorable!” Dara cooed, “Go on to the studio, I know she’s already there.”

 

“Okay.” Jennie nodded, heading towards the stairs.

 

“Oh Jennie.” She called out and Jennie turned back around to face the woman, “Thank you.”

 

“But I didn’t…”

 

“Just...thank you.” Dara smiled.

 

When Jennie entered the studio, she saw Chaeyoung on the piano playing a song she’s never heard before...but the melody was nice..it was comforting.

 

“What song is that?” Jennie asked, sitting on the piano bench next to the blonde.

 

“Jen..I didn’t hear you come in.” Chaeyoung stopped playing and turned her attention to the girl.

 

“Yeah you were pretty engrossed in playing. It’s a pretty song, what’s it called?”

 

“I don’t know.” Chaeyoung shrugged.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“It’s been this incomplete melody in my head for a while now.”

 

“Wait wait you mean you composed that?”

 

“It’s bad I know...uhm..anyways enough about that, have you decided which arrangement you like the best?” Chaeyoung asked, getting up and walking towards the computer near the soundboard.

 

“It’s not bad...it’s really really good Chae.”

 

“You don’t have to lie Jen... I’m lacking in many ways and a lot that comes into my…”

 

“Okay I’m going to stop you right there.” Jennie interrupted, not wanting to hear anymore self-depreciation from the blonde, “First of all, I’m not lying. Second of all, you are not lacking, so don’t you ever say that about yourself. And finally, I’ve decided I don’t want to do a cover.”

 

“Huh?? You wanna sing a BV song yourself? I mean it’s possible...hmm which one..”

 

“I’m going to sing your song.” Jennie interrupted Chaeyoung’s rambling.

 

“I’m sorry what?”

 

“That song in your head, let’s bring it out here and share it with everyone.”

 

“I don’t think that’s…”

 

“Just trust me...what does the whole thing sound like? Let me listen.” Jennie’s tone was serious and there was a change in her expression...it was like another person...and Chaeyoung found it hard to say no, so she walked back to the piano and began to play from the beginning.

 

“That’s all I have so far...I can’t think of what to add next..” Chaeyoung pouted, playing random chords to match the chord progression she already has.

 

“Hmmm...how about..” Jennie sat next to the blonde and began to play and Chaeyoung couldn’t stop herself from smiling, because the chords perfectly fit, “I think it’s perfect.”

 

With the main melody constructed, the two began to work on adding layers to the songs. They were so lost in their work, they didn’t notice how much time had passed until the growling of their stomachs finally pulled them out of their creative bubble.

 

“It’s already 8pm no wonder my stomach is yelling at me.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“Already?! Wow.” Jennie was in disbelief with herself.

 

How could I have been so engrossed in this that I didn’t even realize the time.

 

“Yeah crazy huh...this is why mom always sets a timer for me. Now, c’mon let’s have dinner and head home.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Oh hey Chae!” Bona smiled seeing the blonde entering the cafe.

 

“Hey, slow night?” Chaeyoung asked, motioning to the empty cafe, while her and Jennie took the back corner table.

 

“Can you tell?” Bona sarcastically replied, “Anyways what can I get you two?” Bona asked from behind the counter, it was just Chaeyoung and Jennie inside.

 

“Just our usual.” Jennie replied.

 

“Oka…”

 

“Actually can I get the french dip instead?” Chaeyoung interrupted.

 

“Got it!” Bona yelled out before she began to work on the order.

 

“Never thought I’d see the day when you deter from your usual.” Jennie chuckled.

 

“Oh it’s because I just had it yesterday.” Chaeyoung nonchalantly replied.

 

“But that’s usually or two people.”

 

“Mhm, I was here yesterday with Chu.”

 

“Chu?”

 

“Mhm Kim Jisoo, ring a bell.” Chaeyoung chuckled and it definitely rang a bell for Jennie.

 

“Wait let me get this straight...you were here with Chu yesterday and you guys had our usual?” Jennie emphasized our but the blonde totally missed it.

 

“Yeah she texted me complaining how everyone had a schedule but her.. I felt bad and offered to hang out. She hasn’t been to the cafe so I figured since you two are close that she’d like what you usually have.”

 

“Wait how does she have your number?”

 

“From Lisa...how she got Lisa’s number is beyond me.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, totally missing the brunette’s change in demeanor.

 

“What’d you guys do yesterday?”

 

“Well we watched a movie at my place, then she dragged me out to the mall...then we ate here..then back home..Was I not supposed to take her out of your dorm?” Chaeyoung asked, because with the way Jennie was interrogating here she felt like she committed a crime.

 

“No no...it was her free day yesterday..I just..you didn’t mention it so..”

 

Chaeyoung didn’t know what to say and was very thankful when Bona came with their meal, “Alright there you go. Enjoy guys.”

 

“Let’s eat.” Jennie forced a smile, trying to figure out why she was upset with this information.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“So have you talked to Auntie about it yet?” Lisa asked as the two walked towards Wen’s.

 

“Not yet.” Chaeyoung replied, shoulders slumping a bit.

 

“How about Jennie?”

 

Chaeyoung shook her head no, “I’ve been meaning to, but she hasn’t really been talking to me..like I’ll text her and ask if she wants to hang out but she’ll just reply with busy or next time.”

 

“That’s weird…she seems to always be down to hang with you….”

 

“I don’t know..it’s like she’s avoiding me and maybe I did something wrong, but I don’t know what.”

 

“Hmm when was the last time you guys hung out?”

 

“Uh 2 weeks ago working on that thing I told you about.”

 

“Well was there anything off about her then?”

 

“Nothing really, except she was asking a lot of questions about that day I spent with Chu.”

 

“Questions?”

 

“She was just asking what we did and stuff. It felt like I was being interrogated. I thought I wasn’t supposed to take her out or something.”

 

“And then?”

“Then she got really quiet and we went home. I don’t know..it was weird.” Chaeyoung frowned, while Lisa had a huge smile on her face shaking her head disappointingly at her best friend, “What?” Chaeyoung asked while opening the door to the cafe for her and Lisa.

 

“Hey Bona!” Lisa waved, ignoring her best friend.

 

“Hey Lis, Chae! You guys want your usual drinks?”

 

“Yep!” Lisa replied, taking their usual spot at the bar, right in front of the espresso machines.

 

“Goodness Lisa just tell me.” Chaeyoung demanded after they settled on the stools.

 

Since it's later in the evening, nearing dinner really, the cafe was empty except for that one guy playing League in the corner.

 

“Nope, I’m gonna let you figure this one out with your oh so smart brain.”

 

“I know you're being sarcastic, just tell me so I can fix things. It’s so weird with her right now.”

 

“Nu-uh Chong-ah, I think you’ll figure it out on your own.”

 

“Figure what on her own?” Wendy asked, placing their drinks in front of the two, leaning her elbows on the table.

 

“Oh well..” Lisa pulled Wendy closer and whispered, “She made Jennie jealous, and now the girl is sulking.”

 

“Omg that’s..” Wendy chuckled, shaking her head at her cousin, “Yeah Lisa’s right Chaeng you’ll figure it out.”

 

“I hate you guys, you know that.” Chaeyoung huffed, angrily taking a sip of her iced tea.

 

“Aww we love you too.” Lisa teased.

 

Chayoung was about to retort but a pair of arms suddenly slung around her shoulder, “Hey there it’s our favorite neighbor.” Joy chuckled, and soon the girls found themselves surrounded by BV minus Jennie.

 

“Sometimes I forget you’re friends with them.” Bona leaned over and whispered to Chaeyoung, as the group decided it would be better to settle in the back to avoid being spotted and crowded.

 

“So what brings you guys here?” Wendy asked.

 

“Well we just finished our schedule and we were hungry so we decided to stop by here for a snack, before grabbing dinner.” Irene answered.

 

“Also, Jen was supposed to be here but she said she was sleepy so she went straight back to the dorm.” Yeri added, specifically looking at a certain blonde that’s seated across the table.

 

“So what can I get you guys?” Wendy asked, saving Chaeyoung.

 

“Anything as long as it has caffeine.” Jisoo answered.

 

“Okay...is that going to be the same for you guys too?”

 

“Yeah thanks Wendy.” Irene smiled, with a nod and one last look at her cousin, Wendy left.

 

Thankfully, the ever so social Lisa, was able to keep the air from getting weird and Wendy came back as soon as she could. Overally, it really wasn’t that bad...until the end.

 

“So Chae...how are you and Jen doing?” Joy asked and now the table’s attention is on the blonde girl.

 

“Uh...fine?” Chaeyoung replied, sounding unsure.

 

“Are you sure?” Yeri asked.

 

“Are we not?” Chaeyoung turned to Jisoo, “I don’t know Chaengie…” Jisoo joined her members in teasing the poor girl.

 

“You’re really not sure?” Irene asked.

 

“Did I do something? Lisa was telling me that I needed to figure out what I did but I really don’t know.” Chaeyoung whined cutely.

 

“Well if you can’t figure it out then we can help.” Joy’s face screamed trouble, but of course Chaeyoung, who was desperate to know, agreed.

 

“It’s quite easy Chae..all you have to do is take Chu home.”

 

“Uh okay?”

 

“Just trust us, Chu you got this right.”

 

“I feel like you guys just sent me to my death, but sure.” Jisoo agreed.

 

“Good luck Chong-ah.” Lisa gave her best friend two thumbs up.

 

“Oh wait you mean now?”

 

“No tomorrow. Yes now!” Yeri stood up grabbing the two and pulling them up and out of their chairs.

 

~ ~

 

“Chu I really don’t understand how this is supposed to help me.” Chaeyoung spoke up while the two were in front of BV’s dorm.

 

“Your smart Chaengie you’ll figure it out.”

 

“Okay...if you say so..but what now? I took you home.”

 

“Well it’s showtime Chaengie, just follow my lead.” Jisoo smirked, opening the door to their dorm.

 

“CHU IS THAT YOU?!” Jennie yelled out walking to the entryway after hearing the beep from the front door.

 

When Jisoo heard Jennie coming, she quickly hugged the taller girl, “Hug me back quick.” Jisoo whispered, and Chaeyoung compiled.

 

“Thanks for tonight Chaengie!” Jisoo pulled back slightly and lightly pecked Chaeyong’s cheek.

 

“Uh yeah..” Chaeyoung blushed, rubbing the back of her neck nervously, she didn’t think this would be the plan.

 

“So I’ll se..” But Jisoo's words weren’t heard because Jennie was already dragging Chaeyoung towards her room.

 

It worked. I think… -ChiChu

 

HEY SHE’S ALIVE Y’ALL - Yerimini

 

You think?? - ParkSOO

 

How’s Jen? - Baechu

 

I think we should ask...how’s Chaeyoung -ChiChu

 

~ ~ ~

 

“What the hell was that Chae?” Jennie asked. If looks could kill, the Park family would be mourning right now.

“Uhm...I..uhm..” Chaeyoung wasn’t sure how to answer Jennie. She wasn’t sure if she should tell her that it’s just a ruse to help her understand why Jennie’s been off or to act like…AH! I get it now. Chaeyoung couldn’t stop the chuckle from bubbling out of her at the realization.

 

“What’s so funny Park Chaeyoung? I asked you a question and you have the audacity to laugh?” Jennie’s tone turned icier and to Chaeyoung she just looked so adorable.

 

“It’s nothing Jen, your friends were just trying to help me understand why you’ve been so weird with me since the last time we hung out.”

 

“I..uhm..I..they were?” Jennie’s mood switched from fiery to anxious real quick.

 

“Mhm, but don’t worry Jen I’m not stealing your best friend from you.” Chaeyoung smiled, patting the shorter girl’s head like a child.

 

“What?” Jennie was lost.

 

“You’re jealous that I’ve been spending time with Chu right? Don’t worry I promise I won’t take too much of her time, plus she’s the one that called me out that time so…”

 

“That’s what...you know what nevermind..” Jennie sighed, feeling frustrated.

 

~ ~ ~

 

That evening in the BV dorm, the members were in Irene’s room discussing their somewhat failed plan.

 

“Okay in Chaengie’s defense she at least got the jealousy part right.” Jisoo still couldn’t get over Chaeyoung’s realization and Jennie’s face as she told her what the blonde said.

 

“Lisa was right...Chaeyoung is definitely the smartest dumb person there is.” Yeri chuckled.

 

“Give her some slack, remember Lisa said Chaeyoung has also never been in a committed relationship.” Irene put her two cents in.

 

“That’s what makes her so adorable.” Joy smiled

 

“Oh no, you like her too.” Yeri shook her head, before adding, “I’m on team Chaennie.”

 

“Team what? And no I don’t I was just stating an observation.” Joy rolled her eyes at Yeri.

 

“Okay if you two are done, can we talk about what we’re going to do with those two?”

 

“No no Jisoo, we’re not getting involved.” Irene shook her head.

 

“Oh c’mon! Remember what happened with you and Seul?”

 

“Exactly! You three idiots and Jennie got involved and.”

 

“And now you and Seul are living happily ever after!” Yeri chuckled.

 

“And rude! There were 4 idiots involved. Jennie did a lot of the scheming.” Joy added.

 

“I’m not gonna be involved in this, we barely got together with your little schemes.” Irene nodded before walking out of the room.

 

“She does know this is her room right?” Yeri whispered.

 

“Shh..she’ll be back.” Joy nodded.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Alright so what’d you got for the lyrics?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

After that night at BV’s dorm, things between her and Jennie went back to how they used to be, well kind of...for some reason they have this awkwardness around them that they can’t seem to get rid of.

 

In Jennie’s case it’s because she finally admitted to herself, after that little bout of jealousy, that she actually likes Chaeyoung, and has no idea how to act around her now..while the said girl was trying to maintain her distance because she wasn’t sure why she felt annoyed whenever Jisoo would post her and Jennie’s little outings together on her instagram story.

 

“Oh yeah uhm..here..” Jennie handed Chaeyoung the notebook she’s been using to write the lyrics.

 

“...I wanted to be something more/I wanted fortune and the fame/And the world to know my name/But now I'm not so sure” Chaeyoung read some of what Jennie wrote out loud and the blonde was very impressed.

 

“I’ve never tried writing lyrics before so Chu told me to just write what I feel..” Jennie felt shy, under Chaeyoung’s gaze.

 

“No it’s really good...it feels kind of personal actually.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Really?” Jennie’s eyes shined, she thought they were quite elementary.

 

“Yeah….I’m glad Chu was able to help you.” Chaeyoung sounded more bitter than she wanted.

 

And there it is again...that awkwardness.

“But I think we can change some of these parts.” Chaeyoung voiced out, “Come here let’s do it together.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Okay.” Jennie beamed, glad that whatever that was just now passed by quickly.

 

Again, the two found themselves working till late without realizing it. But they didn’t feel tired or stressed..in fact they felt relaxed and giddy. Jennie especially, she was just having so much fun doing this...and she’s not sure if it’s because it’s with Chaeyoung or if it’s because maybe Chaeyoung was right about her after all.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“I just don’t get it Lis.” Chaeyoung suddenly said, throwing her hands up in the air. Surprising both Lisa and Lego, her kitten.

 

“Don’t get what? We’re at the part where Dory finds her hou..”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I see you weren’t paying attention.” Lisa turned to face Chaeyoung, “Okay tell your favorite person and Lego what’s going on.”

 

And so Chaeyoung told Lisa her confusion and the awkwardness between her and Jennie.

 

“You tell me all that and you still don’t get it??” Lisa was frustrated. The plan that Yeri came up with definitely worked but her best friend was too dense to realize that she’s jealous..Lisa couldn’t help but sigh.

 

“If I knew then why would I be having this predicament right now??”

 

“My dear dear Chong-ah...I love you...I really really do..so I can say this with my whole chest and mean it...you’re so stupid.”

 

“HEY!”

 

“Like it’s so obvious..”

 

“Well if I’m so obvious what is it?”

 

“Jealousy.”

 

“Jealousy...WHAT? OF WHO?”

 

“Woah there chill, you asked, and I answered.”

 

“LISA!”

 

“You get annoyed when Jisoo posts photos with Jennie looking close, you don’t like the fact that she went to for help with her lyrics instead of you, you hate it when we all hang out at the cafe when she doesn’t sit next to you, you hate it when she chooses to spend time with her childhood best friend instead of you, you especially..”

 

“Okay okay I get it..”

 

“Finally!”

 

“But I’m not gonna pursue her or anything.”

 

“WHAT? WHY?”

 

“I don’t know…I’m scared I guess.”

 

“Chong-ah..” Lisa scooted to her best friend, placing lego in between them, and draping an arm over the blonde’s shoulder, “There’s nothing to be afraid of.”

 

“You’re just saying that.” Chaeyoung replied in a small voice.

 

“No..I’m not. Look I know it’s scary to put yourself out there...I know that’s why you’ve been avoiding relationships and why you’ve been putting off your decision about the year end show...but nothing will change if you keep letting fear lead your life.”

 

“Okay first of all, I’m not letting fear lead my life. My feelings for Jennie and that performance are totally different! The performance will literally put me out there, change my life… people will be watching my every move...and with Jennie..it’s…”

 

“Chae..if Jennie wasn’t who she is..would you still be holding back?” Lisa interrupted.

“What do you mean?”

 

“If she wasn’t famous.”

 

“What?”

 

“If she was just another classmate..someone that wasn’t connected to the industry you despise so much?”

 

“I..I…”Chaeyoung bit her lip.

 

“Oh my gosh Chae that’s so messed up! I don’t even know.”

 

“Alright fine you win. I’m scared okay! I’m ing terrified, because I’m not scared.”

 

“Huh?” Lisa was confused.

 

“I’m not stupid about my own feelings okay. I was jealous and I knew that, I’m the reason why we’re awkward because I’m trying to keep my distance.But everytime I see her eyes twinkle when we’re at the studio working, everytime I hear her laugh, everytime she shows me her wide gummy smile...I just..I’m willing to just risk everything, because I love her.”

 

“Chaeyoung-ah..that was so..Chaeyoung-ahh.” Lisa cooed, with glistening eyes, “Lego, your auntie Rosie is growing up.”

 

“So now..what do I do?” Chaeyoung asks.

 

“You have to overcome your fear one step at a time..”

 

“How?”

 

“You gotta first put yourself in the public’s eyes.”

 

“You mean.”

 

“The performance.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

In a blink of an eye, it was time for the year end shows. Chaeyoung agreed on doing the duet with her mom. It’s going to be a huge surprise for everyone. Her name isn’t even on the setlist, they just put it down as “duet.”

 

“I’m really happy you’re doing this with me sweetie.” Dara smiled, at her daughter. The two were in a special waiting room to keep Chaeyoung hidden.

 

“Me too..I’m just a little nervous…” Chaeyoung admitted, shaking her hands to ease her nerves.

 

“You’ll do great Chaeyoung, I know it.”

 

“Mom…” Chaeyoung called out after a few beats of silence.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I’m scared.” Chaeyoung admitted, feeling like if she doesn’t let it out she will implode.

 

“Of performing?”

 

“No..of what happens after. I won’t be Park Chaeyoung anymore..I’ll be Park Chaeyoung...Dara’s daughter. I’m scared that I’ll lose myself to what the public expects from me…” Chaeyoung trailed off.

 

“Like me?” Dara continued for her daughter.

 

“Mom, that’s not what I meant.”

 

“Sweetie, I know that growing up you saw me stress out about what strangers said about me..and I’m sorry..I was young and I was scared to lose what I had..but then I noticed how every time I let them win..I would slowly lose myself, your dad, you. And so I reached that point where I just didn’t care, where I was done being their puppet. And look at me now, I still have my family and my music.” Dara smiled before continuing, “So just continue being you..you don’t have to change for them sweetie.”

 

“Okay.” Chaeyoung smiled, feeling more confident.

 

“There’s my little superstar.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/n: so here’s part 2...sorry for the wait...I wanted to get this whole thing done by the 11th and the 14th, but you know..life lol. Anyways, thanks for your input, because that’s really the main reason why I decided to continue this..

 

Ah also, yes there will be a part 3^^