Halloween Special

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

Curious, that’s what the Goddess of Light, Park Chaeyoung had always been when it came to Jennie Kim, the Goddess of Darkness. Ever since she came to be and laid her eyes on her, Chaeyoung was always curious. It’s been centuries and possibly a millennia but regardless...Chaeyoung remained curious.

 

“Boo!”

 

“Goodness Lisa you know I scare easily.” The blonde glared, clutching a hand to her chest. Feeling a nervous sweat run down her back at the thought of being caught staring again.

 

“Oh Chong-ah you should have seen your face,” Lisa, the Goddess of the Seas, laughed heartily, eyes b with tears from her laugh.

 

“Yeah yeah okay.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes playfully.

 

“So tell me what or should I say who were you so focused on?” Lisa looked at Chaeyoung with that knowing glint in her eyes.

 

“Don’t you have to move the seas or something?” Chaeyoung brushed Lisa’s teasing aside, trying to change the subject.

 

“I’m actually free right now, I’m actually curious why the Goddess of Light is here. Shouldn’t you be doing your lightly duties?”

 

“What are lightly duties?” Chaeyoung laughed, a sound so melodious others around them in the palace stopped to listen.

 

“I don’t know. You tell me...actually I don’t want to know, I’d rather know why you keep on staring at the personification of darkness, dread and terror?” Lisa smirked, catching her best friend.

 

“She has a name Lisa.”

 

“She does, but she highkey terrifies me…” Lisa whispered, subtly glancing towards Jennie.

 

“She can’t be that bad.”

 

“That’s cause you see the light and good in everyone and anything Chae.”

 

“I do not.” Chaeyoung huffed.

 

“Right sure. We better head inside, they’re about to start.” Lisa gestured to the main hall where all the Gods and Goddesses are set to meet.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The meeting was long, full of useless squabbles among the minor deities wanting this or that. Of course, Irene, the Goddess of Peace, was tasked to mediate which she did quickly and efficiently.

 

After these meetings, Chaeyoung would often recenter herself in the palace garden, a sanctuary she found to be the most helpful to calm the stresses of the meetings.

 

“Well well look who we have here.” An unknown voice called out, “It’s the Goddess of Light, Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“Jennie Kim.” Chaeyoung whispered to herself, before turning her attention to the Goddess of Darkness. When Chaeyoung’s eyes landed on the girl, she felt her heart skip as she took in the petite woman with sharp feline eyes and cheeks so fluffy it makes Chaeyoung want to reach out and pinch them.

 

“That’s my name, don't wear it out.” Jennie sarcastically replied, her eyes moving away from the blonde goddess and towards the flowers in the garden.

 

“Why are you here?” Chaeyoung found her voice, after watching Jennie wander around the garden.

 

“Same as you.” Jennie replied, squatting down and looking at the different colored tulips. A small smile ghosting on her lips.

 

“Oh? And why am I here then?” Chaeyoung challenged.

 

“I don’t know you tell me.” Jennie smirked, getting up and walking back towards Chaeyoung, who found herself tongue tied at the wittiness of Jennie Kim.

 

“Well aren’t you just witty.” Chaeyoung commented with a smile on her lips, “But if you must know, I like the gardens..it’s a nice place to ease my mind especially after the meetings.”

 

“I see.” Jennie nodded about to make her exit when Chaeyoung asked, “Was it the same reason...you being here?”

 

Glancing over her shoulder Jennie smiled softly, “Goodnight Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“That was the first time.” Chaeyoung whispered to herself a wide smile on her lips, “It was the first time I saw her smile.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Why hello there my bestest friend ever.” Lisa happily skipped her way through Chaeyoung’s rose garden in her temple.

 

It’s been a few weeks since that evening with Jennie Kim and ever since that brief encounter, Chaeyoung’s need to know more about the enigma that is Jennie Kim intensified.

 

“What is it Lisa?” Chaeyoung asked, her focus still on tending to her roses.

 

“I was just curious to know why you’ve been in the main palace so often these days.”

 

“I’m not, it’s just the usual amount.” Chaeyoung denied.

 

“Right so Joy was just seeing your doppelganger or something?” Lisa deadpanned.

 

“I...alright fine, I have been going into the palace more.” Chaeyoung admitted.

 

“Okay yes that fact was established Chae..my question is why?”

 

“Why?” Chaeyoung furrowed her brows, thinking of the answer to the simple question.

 

“I..I’m not sure...I just keep getting the urge to go there..” Chaeyoung pouted, but deep in her mind she knows why.

 

“Really now.” Lisa leaned down keeping her eyes locked onto Chaeyoung’s gaze. Knowing there was something more...something Chaeyoung wasn’t telling her, but Lisa respected her so she nodded at the other goddess.

 

“Alright, I’ll let this go..just be careful.” Lisa patted the blonde’s shoulder, before walking off.

 

As the day passed, Chaeyoung found herself once again restless.

 

“Lady Chaeyoung would you like for us to draw your bath?” A servant asked, pulling Chaeyoung from her trance.

 

“I’m fine. I’ll be going to the palace this evening to attend to some matters.”

 

“Right of course.” The ladies in waiting bowed, before leaving the blonde goddess alone.

 

Staring at the painting she was drawing, Chaeyoung was surprised to find a portrait of a certain goddess rather than the garden scenery she wanted to draw on her canvas.

 

“I must be going crazy.” Chaeyoung shook her head, grabbing the canvas and placing it with the other portraits of the woman that invaded her mind.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Meanwhile, in the deepest pits of hell. Jennie Kim sat on her throne, the sounds of agony and pleas for mercy and forgiveness muffled by the walls of her castle.

 

“Jendeukie~~” Jisoo skipped into the dark palace, bringing a bright air with her.

 

“What is it now Chu.” Jennie turned to the Goddess of Strategy.

 

“Don’t act like you didn’t miss me.” Jisoo beamed, making herself comfortable on Jennie’s long couch, grabbing an apple and taking a bite.

 

“I really didn’t but whatever helps you sleep at night.” Jennie shrugged.

 

“You really need to stop being so cold all the time Jen, you won’t get friends this way y'know.”

 

“I don’t need friends.” Jennie crossed her arms.

 

“Right..okay and you aren’t lonely here?”

 

“I've been alone since the beginning Chu, it really doesn’t bother me.”

 

“Jennie.” Jisoo called out seriously, she knows the girl has always been misunderstood by everyone. The other Gods and Goddesses always fear and avoid the girl. Thinking that she embodies what she reigns over, but that’s not all who she is. If those that judge would just take the time to know her...then maybe Jennie wouldn’t be the loner with Jisoo as her only companion.

 

“What?” Jennie turned to the girl.

 

“We both know you hate lying Jen.”

 

“Just give me a pass this time Chu.” Jennie softly pleaded, getting up from her seat and refilling the wine glass she had been nursing.

 

“Alright fine...hey why don’t we go down to Earth?”

 

“I have no need to..”

 

“C’mon Jennie please please please please please please.” Jisoo kept saying please knowing it’ll eventually annoy the brunette.

 

“Fine fine..just stop with the pleases.” Jennie grumbled, downing the last of her wine.

 

“Yay!” Jisoo did a small jump reaching out to grab Jennie’s hand and dragging her out of hell, literally.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“That stupid Jisoo leaving me here.” Jennie grumbled, somehow finding herself alone in a random park on Earth. In Jisoo’s defense, she told Jennie to stay and wait while she had to deal with some matters for Boa, the Goddess of Wisdom and Prophecy.

 

Walking around, Jennie watched as the humans around her went about their lives. Children walking around the park with their parents, teenagers running around with friends, lovers holding hands. It made the goddess smile, seeing how happy these people are.

As Jennie continued walking she found herself drawn towards a beaten path.

 

“Wow.” Jennie marveled at the sight she stumbled upon, “A lake in the middle of this park, who knew.”

 

“Right?” A familiar voice agreed and Jennie jumped back, surprised.

 

“I didn’t know the Goddess of Darkness was a scardy cat.” Chaeyoung teased.

 

“I’m not, you just caught me off guard.” Jennie cleared , avoiding Chaeyoung’s teasing smile.

 

“Right okay.” Chaeyoung giggled, “Oh where are you going?” She frowned, as Jennie quickly turned around taking a few steps back towards where she told Jisoo she would wait.

 

“Back.” Jennie replied, not even bothering to turn around.

 

“Stay.” Chaeyoung voiced out, surprising both herself and Jennie.

 

“What?” Jennie finally turned around.

 

“Stay just for a bit.” Chaeyoung’s voice was soft, and the way she asked Jennie to stay made it really hard for the goddess to keep the stern look on her face.

 

“Why?” Jennie raised a brow, usually the others would run the other way when she’s near..but then again Chaeyoung isn’t like the others. Jennie knew that from the moment she locked eyes with her in the garden that first night they met.

 

“Because...I want you here.” Chaeyoung voiced out speaking nothing but the truth.

 

“You really do see the kindness in everyone.” Jennie turned away, trying to avoid Chaeyoung’s eyes, “Let me tell you...whatever you heard about me is true. Now, goodb…”

 

“I don’t think so..and I don’t see the kindness in everyone. Just because I’m the Goddess of Light that doesn’t mean I see everyone through rose colored lenses. Yes, I give everyone a chance. The benefit of the doubt. But I’ve also seen the ugly side of everyone. My role is to curve people towards choosing kindness..to be compassionate. I have my days where I find people or others like us annoying but that’s normal.”

 

Jennie stayed quiet, because Chaeyoung was right..their roles don’t define who they are. And Jennie, of all gods and goddesses, should know that.

 

“So with all that said, I want to reiterate: I want you here..not because of anything other than I, Park Chaeyoung, just want to know you Jennie Kim.”

 

“I’m not good company, just so you know..” Jennie bit her lower lip, taking cautious steps towards the blonde.

 

“Oh I don’t know about that.” Chaeyoung smiled, and Jennie found herself even more drawn to the girl.

 

Park Chaeyoung...just what are you doing to me? Jennie shook her head slightly, taking the girl’s outstretched hand, a sudden warmth enveloping her entire body and Jennie thought if another’s touch ever made her feel like this before?

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Jennie Kim!” Jisoo’s loud voice echoed through the palace walls, while Jennie was rather deep in thought.

 

“Jennie Kim!” Jisoo was huffing, arms on her hips, but Jennie was still in her own world.

 

“Oh for Boa’s sake.” Jisoo rolled her eyes before punching Jennie’s shoulder quite hard.

 

“Ow what the hell!” Jennie glared at her friend.

 

“Yeah what the hell exactly! I told you to wait for me but then you disappeared, I looked all over but you were literally gone?! I’ve literally been roaming the Earth AND hell and you’ve just been here the whole time? You could have sent me a message or something. Jeez I was all worried...ugh I thought something happened.” Jisoo massaged her temples.

 

“I’m fine Chu, literally the goddess of Darkness. Like those mortals can’t hurt me even if they tried..” Jennie’s eyes softened, seeing how worried her only friend was, “I’m sorry for worrying you.”

 

“Wait wait. Did you just apologize? To me?” Jisoo held the girl’s face in her hands tilting it up, down, left, and right, “Just what happened? Who are you?”

 

“Ha ha funny Chu.” Jennie rolled her eyes, pulling away from Jisoo.

 

“Ah there’s the sarcastic goddess I know.”

 

“Shut up and leave. I have souls to torture.” Jennie walked off, not even waiting for Jisoo’s reply.

 

“Something definitely happened, and I’ll get it out of you Jennie Kim.” Jisoo smirked, a plan already forming in her head.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“CHONG-AH! CHONG-AH! CHONG-AH!!” A squealing Lisa, interrupted Chaeyoung’s peaceful afternoon tea.

 

“When you use that tone and say my name like that...it worries me..you, Joy, and Yerim did something again didn’t you” Chaeyoung looked at the doe-eyed girl with squinted eyes.

 

“What?! I am appalled that you think like that.” Lisa dramatically put a hand on her chest.

 

“Right, so you three didn’t cause trouble?”

 

“Not this time no.”

 

“Keywords here are ‘this time.’” Chaeyoung kept teasing.

 

“Wow you really need to stop hanging around Jennie, you’re starting to be more like her.” Lisa puffed her cheeks out.

 

“What are you talking about? I don’t spend that much time with…”

 

“You were with her yesterday, and the day before..Not to mention the…”

 

“Okay okay I got it. Maybe I am spending more time with her, so what.” Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders.

 

“So what? So what! Chong-ah! This is Jennie Kim she’s literally your opposite. Like fire and water!”

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“What?”

 

“How can you say that she’s my opposite when you are only judging her entire being based off of the fact that she is the deity of darkness?”

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

“No.. you know I’m right. And please spare me from the outdated argument of me seeing kindness in everyone, because that’s bull Lisa.” Chaeyoung was mad, and Lisa knew this because the blonde never cusses unless she’s pushed to the edge.

 

“That’s not what I meant Chae.” Lisa spoke softly, the guilt eating her, because she did judge Jennie without getting to know her.

 

“I know you mean well Lisa, but Jennie isn’t who you think she is. She’s more than that. She’s smart, funny, incredibly witty. Yes she’s sarcastic, but not in a rude way. Also, she doesn’t punish the innocent. The souls in hell all deserve to be down there, they deserve their eternal damnation.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Lisa apologized softly.

 

“Just...try to get to know her. Maybe come hang with us sometimes.”

 

“Okay I will.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Alright what’s really going on between you and Chaeyoung?” Jisoo asked, once again visiting hell unannounced.

 

“You know with the amount of time you spend here, I’m surprised the humans haven’t killed each other off with all the fighting they do.” Jennie replied, totally ignoring the other girl’s question.

 

“Don’t give me that. Tell me.” Jisoo demanded.

 

“I really don’t know what you want me to say.”

 

“Jennie Kim.”

 

“Kim Jisoo.”

 

“What happened to ‘I don’t need friends?’ Hmm??”

 

“I don’t.” Jennie shrugged.

 

“Right, but yet you’ve been spending so much time with Chaeyoung on Earth, that I wonder if there’s really any punishing done here.”

 

“The demons take care of that. I just make sure things are in order.”

 

“Jen can you please be serious here.”

 

“I am, you're the one asking me all these nonsense questions.”

 

“Dear Dara stop me from strangling her.” Jisoo breathed out, pinching the bridge of her nose. Yes, she’s the Goddess of Strategy, but Jennie can be so closed off and stubborn that even Jisoo runs out of ways to get the girl to open up.

 

“Jennie...will it hurt you if you just tell me your friends? I mean that’s all I’m asking.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You and Chaeyoung what’s with you two. Your friends right?”

 

“Well I...I mean...I guess...we can be classified as friends.” Jennie stuttered.

 

“Okay and that’s great! Jennie’s second friend.”

 

“Who’s my first?”

 

“The slander I get here.” Jisoo scoffed.

 

“Well I mean it is hell Chu.” Jennie laughed softly.

 

Friends huh...I wonder if that’s really all it is. Jisoo smiled, seeing how bright Jennie has been lately.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“What are you drawing?” Jennie asked, trying to peak at the sketchbook in Chaeyoung’s hand, but the taller girl was quick to hide the leather bound book.

 

“Nothing, just the scenery. When did you get here? I didn’t even hear you?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Just now, you were so engrossed in drawing so you didn’t notice.”

 

“Oh..sorry.” Chaeyoung apologized, feeling lighter now that she’s seen Jennie again.

 

“It’s been a while since we saw each other.” Jennie spoke up, the two still just staring at each other.

 

“It’s been..” 5 months, 24 days, and 35 seconds..ah 36...37.. Chaeyoung thought, before saying, “A while.”

 

“Yes it has.”

 

It was awkward...for the first time..the air was awkward between them. Both missed each other so much, but also refused to admit it...at least one of them.

 

“I missed you.” Chaeyoung spoke up, a soft look in her eyes as she took a step closer towards Jennie.

 

“You did?” Jennie also took a step forward, “I..” Jennie cleared , wanting to reply to Chaeyoung’s words. Wanting to tell her that she missed the blonde too, but all of that went out the window as she felt Chaeyoung wrap her long arms around her waist while snuggling into the crook of her neck, inhaling Jennie’s scent which oddly enough smelt like roses, “Yeah...I missed you a lot.” Chaeyoung hummed, feeling the heaviness in her heart disappear as she finally got to know what it felt to have Jennie in her arms.

 

Yes, the two hung out a lot, but for some reason they kept a distance not a far one, but enough space that there was a clear gap between them.

 

“I missed you too.” Jennie whispered so softly, that if everything around them wasn’t so quiet Chaeyoung would have missed it.

 

“I’m glad.” Chaeyoung smiled, hugging the girl tighter when she felt Jennie timidly wrap her arms around Chaeyoung.

 

“Hmm.” Jennie hummed, feeling that warm fuzzy feeling engulf her entire being. That feeling that only ever happens when she’s around the blonde. That feeling that seems to have increased a million times as Chaeyoung held her tightly.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Jennie was used to always being alone. Ever since she came to be. She’s accepted that and grew to not trust anyone but herself. But then Jisoo came along with her magnetic personality, practically gluing herself to Jennie until the girl slowly let Jisoo in. Suddenly, Jennie found herself a friend, someone she could trust. It was only Jisoo...and Jennie was okay with that. She won’t ever tell Jisoo this, but Jennie is thankful for the girl’s existence in her life. For the longest time Jennie thought that Jisoo is the only person she would ever need….but then..unexpectedly, someone else entered her life..and this someone has somehow managed to tear down all the walls Jennie has put up. Somehow…this person has become someone Jennie can’t be without.

 

“Chu..” Jennie called out to the brunette, who was once again lounging in her palace as if she owned it.

 

“Yes?”

 

“What does it feel like?”

 

“It?” Jisoo furrowed her brows, confused.

 

“Yeah it.” Jennie made some weird gestures with her hands.

 

“Okay you are going to have to be a little more specific on what this ‘it’ is Jen.” Jisoo sat up, and turned her full attention to the other goddess.

 

“I just...you see.. Uhm..” Jennie tried forming a coherent sentence, but ended up groaning and pouting instead.

 

“Now why are you suddenly being all cute? Who knew the goddess of darkness is a big soft baby.” Jisoo cooed, waiting for the sarcastic rebuttal from the other girl, but instead she got nothing.

 

Oh this is serious. Jisoo nodded her head slightly, understanding why the other girl’s eyes looked so troubled, “How’s Chaeyoung.” Jisoo began to tread upon the topic, knowing if she flat out asked, the possibility of Jennie shutting her out is high.

 

“Great! We started a mini garden at the lake. Although she got mad at me because I was over watering the flowers somehow.” Jennie chuckled, remembering how cute the blonde was while scolding her.

 

“Jennie! Those are flowers not guilty souls. You don’t need to drown them.” Chaeyoung took the watering can from Jennie’s hand.

 

“You were the one that said to water them so they grow big. I just thought the more water the bigger they’ll be.” Jennie smiled.

 

“Yes, but too much could also kill them. Like everything in life, there’s a balance.”

 

“You guys have gotten very close huh.”

 

“I mean yeah..I guess.” Jennie turned shy under Jisoo’s piercing gaze.

 

“Jennie be honest with me.” Jisoo decided to ask now, “When you asked me earlier what it felt like..are you perhaps asking about what it feels like to love or rather be in-love?”

 

1….2….3….4...seconds passed and Jennie stayed quiet, and for Jisoo that was her answer.

 

“Warm.” Jisoo spoke up with a soft smile, “Being in-love it feels warm. Like when you’re with them you feel this sense of warmth and comfort. It’s a safe haven that only they can provide. And when you aren’t with them you feel lost, like a part of you is missing.”

 

“I see.” Jennie nodded, understanding what Jisoo was saying.

 

“So when did you fall in-love with Chaeyoung?” Jisoo asked.

 

“Goodbye Chu. Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.” Jennie stood up, leaving the other goddess.

 

“Oh Jendeukie...love is great, but it can also be the worst pain.” Jisoo sighed.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Chae!” Jennie smiled widely, seeing the blonde girl heading her way.

 

“Jen!” Chaeyoung returned Jennie’s wide smile, running to the girl and tackling her into a tight embrace.

 

It was time for another meeting and for the first time Jennie wasn’t by herself in the corner waiting for Boa and the others to begin.

 

“Alright my turn.” Lisa pried Chaeyoung off of Jennie and glued herself to the other Goddess knowing it’ll irk Chaeyoung to no end.

 

“Hello Lisa, it’s been a while.” Jennie chuckled at the dorky goddess, wrapping her arms around the girl.

 

After Chaeyoung introduced Jennie and Lisa to each other the two goddesses immediately hit it off. Sometimes talking about things Chaeyoung couldn’t understand, making her somewhat green, but then Jennie would always return to her side.

 

“You can let her go now Lis.” Chaeyoung tried her best not to roll her eyes, as Lisa kept her arms around Jennie even though the other girl had already let go.

 

“Jen doesn’t mind Chae.” Lisa stepped behind Jennie, securing her arms around the girl’s waist, and leaned her chin on Jennie’s shoulder while giving Chaeyoung a teasing smirk as she said, “You don’t mind right Jen.”

 

“It’s fine Lisa, I’m used to you always clinging onto me.” Jennie chuckled, patting Lisa’s arms that were around her waist.

 

“Always?” Chaeyoung squinted her eyes.

 

“Yes, this girl always visits me in hell. It’s quite annoying, because if it’s not Chu bothering me, it’s this one.” Jennie playfully rolled her eyes, but Chaeyoung didn’t like hearing that.

 

“You never said anything about visiting hell Lis.” Chaeyoung’s frown got deeper.

 

“I didn’t think I had to. Oh Jen can I please take Kuma out, don’t you feel bad for him being stuck in literal hell?” Lisa asked with big puppy dog eyes.

 

“Kuma can’t leave hell, he literally is the guard dog.”

 

“Guard dog? He literally looks like a tiny pomeranian.” Lisa pouted.

 

“That’s because he’s in palace mode whenever you come.”

 

“Hmmp you’re no fun outside of hell Jen.” Lisa huffed, acting like a kid and turning her attention to Jisoo asking the other goddess to help.

 

“You know how she is Lis.” Jisoo shook her head.

 

“Jennie please please please please.. I promise it will be quick.” Lisa pouted, widening her eyes for maximum effect.

 

“I’ll think about it.” Jennie answered, patting Lisa’s head affectionately.

 

“Can we just get to our seats?” Chaeyoung grumbled, crossing her arms across her chest.

 

“Woah there what’s with the grumpy tone?” Lisa turned to her best friend.

 

“Nothing, I need some air.. I’ll be back before we start.” Chaeyoung huffed, before leaving the three behind.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Jennie asked, finding Chaeyoung’s behavior odd.

 

“Maybe you should go check on her.” Lisa smiled, pushing Jennie forward a bit.

 

“Huh? Did I do something? I’ve been on my best behavior tonight.” Jennie pointed to herself.

 

“You didn’t...that’s why she’s mad.” Lisa explained.

 

“What does that even mean?”

 

“My goodness just go after her.” Jisoo pushed Jennie harder towards the direction Chaeyoung went.

 

“I’m going, I’m going.” Jennie went off.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Okay what’s wrong?” Jennie asked, making her way to Chaeyoung’s side in the garden where they first met.

 

“Nothing just needed some air, I told you.” The blonde replied, refusing to look at Jennie.

 

“Hmm I think there’s something wrong. Tell me.” Jennie peered over, trying to catch Chaeyoung’s glance, but the taller goddess was being stubborn.

 

“I said it was nothing.” Chaeyoung insisted, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

“Okay you're definitely upset. What happened hmm?” Jennie spoke softly, taking a step to stand in front of the taller goddess, placing her hands on Chaeyoung’s cheeks, “Tell me so I can drag them back to hell and punish them.” Jennie replied, half jokingly.

 

“You can’t do that.”

 

“I can if I will it, now who or what’s gotten my Chaengie so upset.”

 

“You.” Chaeyoung glared, catching Jennie way off guard.

 

“Me? But I’ve been on my…”

 

“You let Lisa cling onto you so easily and you even let her visit you? I didn’t know it was so easy to get in and out of hell.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

 

“I..mean..Lisa and I are..friends..I guess..” Jennie began to explain herself, finding it weird how she’s somehow got another friend in her life, “And it’s not easy to get in and out for mortals, but as deities...it’s actually quite simple, I just have to allow it.”

 

“Still. She even already met Kuma…and you’re going to let her take him out.” Chaeyoung was still sulking, and Jennie was still clueless.

 

“Yes she has, and I’ll probably only let her take him out for a bit. He can’t be outside of hell for too long. But you saw how annoyingly persistent Lisa can be, especially when she looks at you with those big eyes.”

 

“Then why are you still with me. Go to your new favorite instead.”

 

As the words left Chaeyoung’s mouth, everything clicked for Jennie, with a wide gummy smile, she invaded the blonde’s personal space wrapping her arms around Chaeyoung’s slim waist while saying, “It’s not like that. Don’t be jealous.”

 

“I am not jealous.” Chaeyoung scoffed.

 

“You know I don’t like lying.” Jennie leaned back, eyes fixed on Chaeyoung’s pouty face.

 

“Hmmph...fine maybe I am.” She admitted softly, pulling Jennie’s head back to lay on her chest, tightening her arms around the shorter goddess, “It’s just not fair...I want to go to hell too...but you won’t let me.”

 

“You know...you are the first one who’s ever said they want to go to hell.” Jennie teased.

 

“I’m serious though.”

 

“I know it’s cute.”

 

“Jennie..I really hate it.” Chaeyoung’s tone was dead serious, no longer sulky or whiny. It was stern.

 

“Alright alright, I’ll let you visit me. Happy?”

 

“No.”

 

“What?” Pulling back Jennie stared at the blonde goddess stunned. Again, Chaeyoung has managed to catch Jennie completely off guard.

 

“I want to be with you. I like you Jennie. A lot..and it scares me because I have never felt anything like this before.” Chaeyoung admitted, rapidly blinking her eyes while tilting her head up to stop her tears from falling.

 

“Chaeyoung..” Jennie whispered her name, reaching up to cup Chaeyoung’s face in her hands, “Listen to me…”

 

“Are you going to reject me already?” Chaeyoung asked a small pout on her lips.

 

“Just listen to me okay? No interrupting.” Jennie’s voice was authoritative, but still soft, “I don’t know when it started or how, but I also started to feel things when I’m around you. Feelings that I haven’t felt around anyone else. And it terrifies me...because I suddenly found something that I want to keep for myself...I guess what I’m trying to say is that I like you too Chaeyoung..so much.” Jennie sighed, feeling a weight lift from her shoulder, finally freeing herself from hiding her feelings for the taller goddess.

 

“You do?” Chaeyoung was surprised, almost looking at Jennie skeptically.

 

“Don’t believe me?” Jennie raised a challenging brow.

 

“I do..I just..I...You like me too?” Chaeyoung had the biggest smile on her face, and Jennie melted at the sight, “Yeah..so much…” Jennie trailed off, biting her lower lip.

 

“There’s a but isn’t there.”

 

“There isn’t.”

 

“Then?”

 

“We’re about to start, let's go!” Jisoo shouted at the two from the garden’s entryway.

 

“Let’s talk about this later okay?” Jennie squeezed Chaeyoung’s hand lightly before tugging the blonde with her back to the main hall.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“It’s been days Jen.” Jisoo and Lisa came barging into hell once again.

 

“Oh it’s you two.” Jennie took a quick glance at her friends, before focusing her attention back on the window, her eyes gazing over hell, but her mind elsewhere.

 

“Jennie, hey.” Jisoo once again tried to get Jennie’s attention but again the goddess just merely glanced at her briefly.

 

“This is bad Lisa.”

 

“What happened that day.” Lisa asked.

 

“I have an idea….” Jisoo frowned, “but we won’t know until one of them..” the goddess stops mid-sentence, grabbing the pitcher of wine and doses Jennie with it.

 

“KIM JISOO WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ?” Jennie fumed, eyes flaming, her anger seeming to resonate as the screams of those being punished got louder.

 

“What happened between you and Chaeyoung?” Jisoo didn’t bat an eye, even when Jennie cornered her, looking about ready to throw the girl into Tartarus herself. But with just the mention of her name, the anger in Jennie quickly fizzled out and the broody devil made a comeback.

 

“Nothing.” Jennie backed away, going back on her throne, not even bothering with the wine on the floor or her soiled robes.

 

“Are you seriously trying to pull that on me?”

 

“Well what do you want me to tell you?”

 

“Whatever it is that’s bothering you or that you’re keeping to yourself.”

 

“It’s nothing. I’ve just had a lot on my mind lately.”

 

“Jen...we’re friends right? You can tell us.” Lisa tried her luck in persuading the stubborn goddess.

 

“It’s really nothing. I’ve just been busier than usual.”

 

“Alright…” Jisoo and Lisa finally relented, knowing that no matter what they won’t get answers.

 

After the two left, Jennie slumped back on her throne her thoughts going back to that day after the meeting.

 

“Jennie, come walk with me. I’d like a word with you.” Boa smiled at the younger Goddess who readily agreed. It’s not everyday one of the more powerful Goddesses asks to speak with you.

 

It was silent, Jennie keeping a few steps behind Boa out of respect.

 

“Jennie.” Boa finally spoke up after reaching the back gardens, where she and Chaeyoung first met.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you know what the hardest thing about being the Goddess of Wisdom and Prophecy is?” Boa asked, turning to the younger Goddess with a soft smile.

 

“I can’t say I do.” Jennie replied.

 

“Right of course.” Boa laughed lightly before continuing on, “I guess only I do. I noticed you’ve been smiling more lately. Happier. I’m glad. You’ve always kept yourself at a distance from everyone, well almost everyone. Jisoo is an exception right?”

 

“Yes. Jisoo is a friend.”

 

“Mhm and there’s also Lisa.”

 

Jennie nodded, trying to figure out where this conversation is going.

 

“And Chaeyoung.”

 

At the mention of her name, Jennie’s heart began to race.

 

“Yes..the 3 of them are very important to me.”

 

“I know and I also know you and Chaeyoung have finally gotten to that point.”

 

“What point?”

 

“Your feelings for each other..they’ve already bloomed..like this rose.”

 

“I...we..” Jennie stuttered, before nodding her head shyly.

 

“I am happy for you Jennie.. I really am, but..” Boa trailed off, her eyes unable to meet Jennie’s gaze.

 

Closing her eyes, Boa took a deep breath before she willed herself to look at the younger goddess in the eyes, “But you must distance yourself from Chaeyoung or there will be a grave consequence for the both of you.”

 

“What do you mean?” Jennie frowned, thinking that of course this happens once she gets a glimpse of happiness...something just has to take it away.

 

“The bigger your love grows, the more it will end up destroying the both of you.”

 

“What? Destroy us?”

 

“When you pluck a flower from a garden it will only last a few days before it wilts and dies.” Boa spoke, “You must not pluck the flower from the flowerbed..the two of you must not pursue your emotions...you need to..”

 

“I can’t do that...I love her.” Jennie interrupted, “I’ve lived for so long watching others be happy, and for once I’ve gotten to know what that feels like.”

 

“Even if one day you lose each other forever? You are darkness and she is light...two things that can never exist at the same place at the same time. You two were always bound to be apart….but something pulled you two together and it has set things in motion. If you truly love her, you will let her go. For her sake and yours.”

 

“Why are you only telling me this.”

 

“Because...she already made her choice.”

 

“Why would you choose that?” Jennie shut her eyes, getting up to release stress by torturing souls.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“You need to leave.” Jennie demanded of the blonde goddess who was currently standing in her palace.

 

“Jen...please let’s talk. I know Bo..”

 

“Leave Chaeyoung.” Jennie interrupted, downing the glass of wine she poured for herself, keeping her back towards the other goddess.

 

“No.” Chaeyoung was stern.

 

“Park Chaeyoung leave before I have to force you.” Jennie demanded again, her back still turned away.

 

“Can you please look at me?” Chaeyoung grabbed Jennie’s arm, but when their skin came in contact with each other a painful burning sensation coursed through their body. Like their inside were being melted. Quickly, Chaeyoung pulled back.

 

“Don’t you see.” Jennie finally turned to face the blonde goddess, “We can’t be together.”

 

“Please..” Chaeyoung tried to reach out again, but stopped at the thought of causing Jennie to feel that pain again.

 

“Being with me will only hurt you.” Jennie kept pushing Chaeyoung away.

 

“Don’t act like it’s just me...I know you love me too. And I know this is you trying to protect me, but being apart hurts more...let’s just try. Nothing is happening and we’re in the same room. Let’s just try..”

 

“I can’t even hold you.”

 

“I know..but I’d rather have this than nothing at all. Don’t you want to be with me too?”

 

Jennie had her fists tightly clenched, nails digging deeply into her skin. Trying to fight her heart, to say no to Chaeyoung, but Jennie is weak when it comes to Chaeyoung..and she knew she wasn’t going to win when put against the blonde and her heart.

 

“Let’s try then.” Jennie smiled, taking small steps towards Chaeyoung until the two were just an arms length away from each other.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“How is it those two are so sickenly sweet even when they’re legit a foot away from each other?” Lisa shook her head watching as Chaeyoung and Jennie ate their lunch together in Chaeyoung’s garden.

 

“Just let them be...it’s literally as close as they can get.” Jisoo replied, tugging the taller goddess with her to jump on the two and ruin their little date.

 

“I should really lock this place down..” Chaeyoung mumbled, ready to rip Lisa’s arms off of Jennie.

 

“You wouldn’t lock out your bestest friend Chae.” Lisa replied, hearing the little quip from the blonde, while she kept snuggling into Jennie, knowing how green it makes the blonde.

“I don’t know, I’m about ready to kick you out.” Chaeyoung glared, while Jennie laughed amused, because she knows why Chaeyoung is suddenly like this.

 

“Alright Lis let me go before she really does kick you out.” Jennie voiced out, moving away from Lisa.

 

“Okay okay...I’m not gonna steal Jennie from you Chong-ah...although…” Lisa smirked, looking over Jennie a bit, “Loo..mmmphphhh.” Jisoo stuffed a piece of bread in Lisa’s mouth seeing the darkening aura around the usually sunshiney Chaeyoung.

 

“She’s just teasing you Chaeng. Anyways, we didn’t come here for this one’s death...I was talking to Irene and we might have a workaround for the whole no physical contact thing.”

 

“OH?” Both Jennie and Chaeyoung perked up at the news.

 

“Yes...but...it’s just a thought and we won’t know if it works unless you two actually try it.”

 

“What is it? Let’s do it right now!” Chaeyoung was already up and ready to go, with Jennie following after.

 

“We could...it’s simple really...when we go down to Earth we have to suppress our divinity...this happens subconsciously so no one is really aware of it. Yes, we still have our abilities...but not as powerful if we were in our full form...do you two see where I’m trying to get at?” Jisoo looked at the two who, judging by the looks on their faces, understand completely.

 

“With our divinity down, whatever happens to Chae and I when we touch won’t happen?” Jennie asked.

 

“Possibly...it could still happen but not as painful as what you told me Jendeuk.”

 

“Should we go down and try?” Chaeyoung asked, her eyes already pleading Jennie to say yes.

 

“After you love.”

 

~

 

“It’s too hot here.” Lisa complained, as the four arrived in the middle of the Sahara desert.

 

“It’s the safest...just in case.” Jisoo smiled, turning her attention to Chaeyoung and Jennie, then taking 5 giant steps away, “Okay hold hands or something!” Jisoo shouted while Lisa hid behind her.

 

“Ready?” Chaeyoung asked Jennie, who nodded her head and reached a hand out.

 

Carefully, Chaeyoung reached out and held onto Jennie’s hand….the two waited for that pain to take over...but there was nothing...it felt like getting a small electrical shock..but nothing too painful.

 

With a smile, Jennie tugged at Chaeyoung’s hand and pulled Chaeyoung into her arms..something she has been itching to do for a while now. The contented sigh coming from Chaeyoung and how the blonde tightened her arms around Jennie’s waist, made the latter snuggle even closer.

 

“It worked.” Lisa smiled, turning to Jisoo who had tears in her eyes, “I would tease you for crying but...I know..it was hard for me to watch them hold back too..”

 

“Yeah.” Jisoo nodded, wiping the tears away.

 

“NOW KISS!” Lisa yelled trying to keep lighten the mood.

 

“You don’t have to tell me twice!” Jennie yelled, pulling Chaeyoung down and finally feeling her lips on hers.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/N: Okay so...this was originally supposed to be out for halloween...yes yes I know its HELLLA late but it’s here...someone actually gave me this prompt and it’s a genre I haven’t written but I decided to try...hopefully it didn’t disappoint...Until next time :)