Pros And Cons

Woollim Academy
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Two hours later*

Your dance training went great with Hoya and Dongwoo. You realized that Hoya gives you a lot of compliments instead of criticism, which didn't bother you but you were expecting them to be giving you a harder time. Now, it was time for your lesson with L, Sungyeol, and Sungjong.

You followed them into a room right next to the rehearsal room. It was quite empty and but that's where the managers usually stay while Infinite is practicing, "So we're going to start our lesson today with HOW the idol industry works. Starting off with our own experiences and how we're still learning about it." Sungyeol mentioned. This lesson is pretty much a lecture. Like, a session where you're told everything.

"This topic can get very confusing but it's better to know what it's like now than later." Sungjong said.

You nodded your head and paid close attention to what they had to say, "So.. First of all, we're going to tell you the advantages and disadvantages, the pros and cons, of being an idol and what it's like. Feel free to ask questions, okay?" L said.

Sungyeol started off, "Being an idol.. It's honestly really fun. On behalf of our opinion, we enjoy being an idol and musician. It's something all of us really strived for so badly. Like you, for example. You love to sing and dance. And being an idol is doing all of those things but also being a role model. Which brings us to the advantages of being an idol."

You were immediately tied in with the conversation, "The advantages of being an idol is the passion for it. You get to wake up every morning knowing you get to do what you love. Whether it's composing a new song or performing on stage and guest starring on a show. It's a great feeling. Well, I'm just speaking on what I think. But being an idol feels amazing. Having thousands and thousands of supporters, knowing that they love what you do and knowing that they look up to you is a life changing experience. And we wouldn't change it for the world." L looked at you. You knew this conversation can get really emotional, "During our trainee period. Sungyeol struggled the most. But he struggled in order to be what he is today." And you were instantly reminded about how Infinite is not just a boy band, but also human beings.

People forget sometimes that these celebrities, these people with all of the glamour, are human beings like anyone else. And it's the industry that makes us forget about it.

"So basically, the advantages is just.. Living your dream. It's really life changing." Sungjong said.

"And the disadvantages. We hope this part won't scare you. But the second you

Please log in to read the full chapter