~:38:~

My Teacher Is A Seductive Vampire...

Hae Sung’s P.O.V

 

 The next day, Hyunseung and I were having our usual one-on-one conversations whilst I rested my head comfortably on his lap. I took that occasion to ask him something that had always bugged my mind.

“Oppa...” I started and he interlocked his hand with mine.

“Hmm?”

I took in a deep breath before talking “When I first saw you; you were...drinking someone’s blood”

He looked down at me signalling me to continue. I knew this topic would be uncomfortable for the both of us but I wanted to know the truth.

“And I just wanted to ask why you did that” I asked timidly. I had the feeling he was just going to say “I’m a vampire, that’s what I do, duh!” and I felt like an idiot once I asked.

Nevertheless, he still took a pause to answer.

“I...I’m not so proud of being a vampire let alone a pure blooded one. I was hungry; hungry for blood. My instincts took over and I bit a college of mine. That college was the girl you saw that night”

“So you didn’t mean to bite her?”

“No...Of course not, I normally bite lowlifes whenever I’m hungry. Even drinking the blood of those kinds of people made me feel guilty. I mean, who am I to judge whether someone should live or not? I even felt guilty drinking at vampire bars; which was why I had been putting off drinking people’s blood to save myself from going insane. I went for a whole year”

I nodded along as he told me his story.

“Having putting off drinking blood for nearly over a year, I grew hungry. I couldn’t help myself when I saw the blood of my college. It was too irresistible” his head hung low and I could see guilt in his eyes. I laid my hand on his as support.

“B-but she’s alright. I was with her. The doctor said she was fine and just needed a long rest, she’s still alive” I assured him.

“Yes but...I’m still a monster”

“No you’re not” I swear that was the tenth time telling him those words. He would always make himself think that he was a monster. That he didn’t deserve to live and he wanted to become human. I was sick of him constantly putting himself down when I knew for sure that he was a kind, caring person who would do anything to protect his girlfriend and those around him.

“You need to stop thinking that you’re a monster. You’re just as amazing as anyone else” I tightened my grip on his hand.

“I’m going to make some hot chocolate. Do you want some?” I slowly stood up.

“No thanks, I just want you” he pulled me back down.

“So cheesy” I punched him lightly on his arm making him let go of me and made my way to the kitchen.

Whilst on my tip toes, reaching for a mug, I suddenly heard a faint eerie whispering.

“Did you really mean those words?”

I turned around feeling slightly scared and decided to answer back to this voice “what words?”

“Do you really think that he’s not a monster?” the voice taunted.

“Of course” I answered in a whisper.

Out of thin air, a female figure stood in front of me, with long brown hair and a menacing presence to her.

“He’s killed innocent people just for their blood; if that’s not a monster then I don’t know what is”

“You’re lying! Anyway, who are you?”

“I’m your thoughts.The ones you never want to come across your mind” she placed her hand on my shoulder and a small smirk played at her lips.

I quickly tried to push her hand away but my hand just went straight through her, she was almost like a ghost “No you’re not. Now, please just go away!”

“How can I? I’m your thoughts, I cannot leave you. Unless you think otherwise I shall remain with you, just not in this form, forever”

With my thoughts and emotions almost escalating into a breakdown I realised that this “ghost girl” was playing with me. Just like how Hye Mi would always taunt me.

“You’re not my thoughts and you’ll never be. You’re just playing with me and I bet you’re the one who made me pass out a few days ago! You were that girl I saw!”

The girl smirked “very good. You catch on fast”

“Taeyeon, I assume”

“Taeyeon? Who the hell is Taeyeon?”

“Don’t play stupid. I know it’s you, stop hiding behind that stupid disguise” I retorted.

“I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about” the girl looked at me with eyes of confusion.

“Hae Sung!”  I heard Hyunseung’s voice call out.

“Hyunseung oppa?” I turned around to the source to see nothing but empty space “Hyunseung?!” I yelled out in desperation.

“Oh~ you better wake up now” the girl smirked “I’ll see you next time, okay?” with that she vanished.

“Wake up?” I mumbled to myself feeling confused.

“Hae Sung?!”

My eyes shot open and I could see Hyunseung looking worried. “Oh thank god!” he hugged me tightly.

“W-What?” *I thought I was awake...*

Hyunseung could see the confusion on my face and explained everything.

“I think you slipped and a mug fell on your head. Oh god, I was so worried”

I looked to my right and saw a shattered mug beside me and a small pool of blood where my head was laid. “So that was just a dream?” I mumbled.

“I’m going to take you to the hospital, you need to get checked for any concussions” he wiped some blood off my forehead.

“I’ll be fine” I smiled weakly but was then hit with immense pain on my forehead and I yelped out in pain. “Come on” he said as he carefully lifted me to my feet. I quickly felt dizzy and disorientated as I walked with Hyunseung to the door. Without warning he suddenly lifted me off my feet and into his arms. If it wasn’t for the pain and the wound on my head, I would’ve enjoyed it.

“Why are you always the one to get hurt huh?” he nervously chuckled as he tried to make a joke out of the situation, no doubt that he just wanted to comfort me and tell me everything was okay.

“S-sorry” I said sheepishly.

“No need to be” he placed me into his car and quickly drove to the hospital. Hyunseung still carried me around and wouldn’t let my feet touch the ground as we both enter the hospital. Due to my injury being less significant than other’s injuries, I had to wait quite a while for the doctor. Whilst waiting, a nurse handed me an ice bag to place on my head which seemed to have done absolutely nothing.

After the long wait, I was finally seen to. I told the doctor the story and he stood looking at the wound.

“Ouch~ that is nasty” the doctor mumbled as he inspected the degree of damage a little more “We just need to see if there’s any debris from that mug that fell on your head, then we can stitch it up”

I nodded slowly in response. As the doctor started cleaning up the wound on my forehead I winced in pain and Hyunseung quickly held my hand in support. I tightened my grip on his hand whenever the pain was too much and when I felt like just dying there and then.

“All done” the doctor smiled “Try to avoid strenuous activities and you should be fine”

“Thank you doctor” both me and Hyunseung said and bowed before leaving. He quickly swept me off my feet and held me in his arms “bridal style” and carried me into the car.

“Oppa” I whined “the doctor said not to do any strenuous activities, I hardly think walking is one” I pouted.

“I don’t care. I don’t want my girlfriend hurting herself anymore” he kissed me on my forehead and sat me inside his car “and I also don’t care if my girlfriend hates possessive guys, I’m keeping you safe in my arms at all times” he smirked and landed another kiss on my forehead.

I chuckled “you can’t keep me in your arms all the time”

“I can and I will” he stuck his tongue out playfully “now, let’s go out for dinner tonight, I don’t feel like cooking”

I nodded in agreement and not before long, we were in a restaurant eating dinner.

“Does it still hurt?”

“Huh?” I looked up from my plate.

“Your head, does it still hurt?”

I shook my head “I feel fine now” I smiled “I guess this means I won’t need to do P.E for a few days and I get to stay away from Jessica” I chuckled.

He smiled back “you can stay in my class whilst you heal”

“And listen to maths for another two hours a week? No way. I get enough maths from all those boring private tutoring sessions”

“You find me boring?!” he looked at me, looking shocked.

“You’re not boring but maths is” I pouted.

“Maths can be fun!” he argued.

I gave him a questioning look “really?”

He sighed “You’re right, maths is never fun”

I chuckled lightly and took a mouthful of my salad. After a filling dinner, we headed back to his house and tried to figure out a good place for me to sleep since his guest bedroom wasn’t ready. It was mostly filled with junk he and I forgot to unpack, instead of stressing over where to place all the stuff, we shoved it all into the guest bedroom.

“You didn’t think of where I would sleep when you asked me to move in for the week?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

Hyunseung shook his head “I forgot about that detail” he chuckled “sorry”

“Well...I can just sleep on the sofa or I could go back home to sleep”

“No!” he quickly answered “you can’t sleep on the sofa and you can’t go back home, I want to be with you” he wrapped his arms around me “you can sleep in my bed, I’ll sleep on the sofa”

“I don’t want you to kick you out of your own bed, it’s unfair”

“Then let’s just sleep in the same bed” he smiled “we’ve done it before”

“Fine” I gave in but I felt bad for taking up space on his bed. The amazingly good side to it was the fact that I got to be closer to him. With the sleeping arrangement decided, we both slept in his bed and after Hyunseung giving a goodnight kiss and a few minutes of staring at ceiling, I finally drifted peacefully to sleep.