Archery 2

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo's Guide To Parenting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun - 17

Chaeyoung - 16

Tzuyu - 15

*

Throughout the years, Tzuyu was the only one that stayed with her sport. She would beg to go every week and if she had to miss a session then she would cry for hours afterwards. It broke Jihyo's heart every time but she would also promise that Tzuyu would get to go the next week. Jeongyeon used to find it annoying, having to wake up early on a Saturday morning to get Tzuyu up and dressed and to get her to archery practice but watching her now, sitting on the side of the archery range in the big stadium, at the final of the South Korean Under Eighteen Archery Competition.

Tzuyu's leg was bouncing nervously as she watched her opponent line up their last shot of the round. Tzuyu had gone first and she had gotten a less then a perfect score.

Two tens and a nine.

Nayeon's heart broke when she had watched her daughter slouch in her seat at that fact. Tzuyu was always so hard on herself and would beat herself up about something for days if it didn't go completely perfectly. In the back of her mind, Nayeon realised that she must have picked it up from her Mama Jihyo - who tended to do the exact same thing. It Nayeon could, she would run onto the pitch and give her daughter a massive cuddle. God knows that Tzuyu deserved it.

She had been training all year for this - ever since the archery coach had pulled her aside to discuss maybe putting her in for the competition. Every free moment was spent with Tzuyu training, whether at the archery range or at home in the garden. It didn't really matter where but you could gurantee that Tzuyu was practicing by herself.

No matter how many times Tzuyu would assure them that it didn't matter to her and she was only doing it for the fun of it, they all knew that she was lying. She wouldn't have put in so much effort if it hadn't been important to her. Jeongyeon was grabbing onto Nayeon's arm tightly while Jihyo had her face covered - peaking at the action that was going on through the gaps between her fingers. There was a collective intake of breath from everybody in the arena as Tzuyu's opponent lifted their bow and began to slot in their arrow.

Sana closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter