Broken Bones

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo's Guide To Parenting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun - 11

Chaeyoung - 10

Tzuyu - 9

*

Dahyun sighed as she fell of the stair bannister, falling to the bottom of the stairs with a thud (she really had to stop falling off of things because that's what landed her in this mess anyway) and looking up at an annoyed looking Omma Nayeon standing in front of her.  Her back hurt slightly but she mostly ignored it as she tried not to meet and hold her mother's eyes - she already knew how much trouble she was in and a hurt back would be the least of her problems. "I told you to stop sliding down the bannisters!" She said, hands on her hips," You've already broken  your ankle! I don't want you making it worse! I said that I would help you down the stairs!"

"S-Sorry Omma," Dahyun said, rubbing the back of her head nervously, suddenly developing a deep fascination in her feet so stared at them instead of raising her eyes to face her oldest mother," I just really wanted to eat lunch quickly and walking down the stairs hurts too much! Sliding down the bannister is much quicker!" Nayeon ran a hand through her head, trying to keep her cool, counting to ten in her head before looking down at her sheepish looking daughter again. Dahyun was quite confused (and relieved but she wasn't going to show it) when Nayeon sighed once again, leaning down and helping Dahyun to stand up, making sure that Dahyun wasn't putting too much weight on her broken ankle.

They sat in the living room and ate their lunch in silence. Dahyun was on her phone, playing a game while Nayeon reviewed some contracts that she had been sent from somebody at work -  she had been quite annoyed at recieving something on her day off but she would complain to Jihyo later and make sure that it didn't happen again. "Sorry Omma," Dahyun said suddenly, snapping her mother out of her daze," I won't do it again."

"It's okay sweetie," Nayeon said, standing up so she could pull Dahyun into a tight hug," I was just  worried about you, okay? I don't want you breaking another bone."

Dahyun laughed, showing her pearly teeth as she did so.

"Don't worry Omma," She said," I'm not planning to break another one any time soon."

*

While Dahyun was definitely only slightly affected by her injury, Chaeyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter