Fear

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo's Guide To Parenting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun - 15

Chaeyoung - 14

Tzuyu - 13

*

Dahyun hated planes and whoever had convinced her to do this was the worst person ever and she wouldn't mind them being skinned alive as punishment. She clutched the arm rests of her plane seat, eyes screwing shut tightly when she heard the captain announce that takeoff would be happening in five minutes. She in a harsh breath of the thought of being so high up in the air. It made her feel sick, throat tightening as she struggled to remember how to breath.

"It's okay sweetie," Nayeon said, reaching over the arm rest between them to rub small circles with her thumb on the back of Dahyun's hands," Once we're in the air, then it should all be fine." Sometimes Dahyun wished she could share her mother's optimism and usually she could but in situations like this, when she was too terrified to even move, Dahyun couldn't share the sentiment. A sound somewhere between a choke and a sob escaped from when the plane started to move. She was practically vibrating from her fear. The pilots made their last announcements and Dahyun knew that her last chance of escape would be foiled.

"Just lean on me," Nayeon said, patting her shoulder lightly and smiling down at her daughter. Tzuyu had turned around in her seat (she and Jeongyeon were sitting in front of her older sister and Nayeon), a small smile on her face as she peaked through the gap in the seats. "It's okay," Tzuyu offered up her own support," Omma Nayeonnie will look after you, Dahyun-unnie!"

Dahyun returned the smile softly before jolting when she felt the plane finally taking off. She tried to relax by resting her head on her mother's shoulder, eyes squeezed shut and breathing heavily, blindly reaching out her hand to grab onto her mother's.

*

Chaeyoung shrieked loudly, startled awake by the thunderstorm raging outside of the house. Lightning illuminated the bedroom for a second and it only caused Chaeyoung's fear to spike. She picked up her phone from her nightstand, turning on the torch to check if any of her sisters had been startled awake by the storm. She checked Dahyun's bed first, finding her oldest sister fast asleep, as usual, sleeping like the dead. She then checked to see if Tzuyu had woken up, only to find that Tzuyu was also still asleep, slightly tense as she cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter