Bugs

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo's Guide To Parenting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun - 8

Chaeyoung - 7

Tzuyu - 6

*

Dahyun knew that she probably shouldn't be playing in the muddy garden while wearing her good clothes. Her Omma Nayeon made a point of telling her that she was only wearing them because her grandparents were coming over for dinner. Dahyun didn't really care though as she grabbed her plastic spade and began to dig up some of the dirt. It was her favourite way to pass the time, sometimes she could even get her Auntie Momo to help - once the older woman got over her fear. Dahyun hummed a little tune as a beetle clambered over her pile of freshly dug soil.

The child giggled, grinning as she picked it up with her thumb and first finger. She held it near her eyes and watched it as it tried to squirm away. Then a brilliant idea crossed her mind, her smile only spread further across her face as she trapped the bug so it couldn't get away. She could barely contain herself, she was so excited. Her mothers were going to love this and Chaeyoung and Tzuyu could help Dahyun take care of her bug and feed it every day. 

All she had to do was make her mothers fall in love with the bug just as much as she had.

*

Nayeon screamed when Dahyun appeared in the study, covered in mud, one hand over the other one. "Im Dahyun!" Nayeon exclaimed when she saw the muddy footsteps that Dahyun had gotten all over the carpet," Your grandparents are coming over! I told you that you shouldn't wear your good clothes when playing in the garden!" Dahyun wasn't listening properly because all she did was kick off her shoes - they bounced all the way to the corner of the room and left a muddy trail - and run up to where Nayeon was sitting at her desk.

Her mother screamed when Dahyun showed her what she had been hiding in her hands. Dahyun was very confused as she looked down at the bug that was crawling on the back of her right hand. "What's wrong Omma Nayeonnie?" Dahyun asked as she moved the bug closer to her mother's face - causing Nayeon to jump out of her seat and keep a big distance between them. "Im Dahyun!" Nayeon shrieked, moving around when Dahyun came closer to her," Take that outside right now! I don't want you to bring any bugs into the house! Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter