Safe

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo's Guide To Parenting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun - 11

Chaeyoung - 10

Tzuyu  - 9

Dahyun had her hand squeezed to death by her oldest mother while Chaeyoung sat between Jeongyeon and Jihyo. It had been a tense few weeks, all of the airlines with planes going to China had all been booked up so Jihyo couldn't get them over to China as soon as possible. But here they were now, with half an hour left of the flight before they landed, collected their luggage and got to their hotel. The mothers had no idea how long it would take to find their youngest so had planned ahead. 

The police hadn't been much help and were still trying to gain a warrent and help from the Chinese police service so couldn't do anything at the moment.

In Jihyo's absence, Mina was in charge of the company and would handle any immediate business. Momo was also staying in Korea, having hired some people to watch over Fei's Korean residence in case the woman returned. Sana was heading to China on a different plane and had already arrived at the hotel, ready to go. Originally, Dahyun and Chaeyoung were going to stay back home but when their mothers were leaving, they found their older two children sitting at the door on their suitcases, demanding that they had to go with.

"We love Tzuyu too!" Chaeyoung had said when Jeongyeon tried to coax her away and towards her Auntie Mina and Momo - they were planning to look after Dahyun and Chaeyoung. "She's our family as well!" Dahyun added when Nayeon tried to take her suitcase away," We're going with you!"

*

Nine year old Park Tzuyu stood up stiffly as she walked out of the school building, staying far away from the other girls in her year group. Tzuyu knew better than to look for Fei when she exited the school building. Fei never picked Tzuyu up from her new school anymore, just sent her butler to bring the child back to her house. It was no different today.

Fei's butler smiled as he took Tzuyu's backpack from her and bundled her into the car. "How was your day today Miss Tzuyu?" He asked politely as he looked through her work books. "It was okay," The nine year old replied, staring out of the window as the car drove away from the school. The butler knew better than to push  Tzuyu to talk when she didn't want to.

The car ride back to Fei's house was silent. Tzuyu stared at the window, wishing she was back home with her mummies and Chaeyoung and Dahyun, wrapped in a big blanket while they all watched a Disney movie. 

"Hi baby!" Fei cooed as Tzuyu entered the house. Tzuyu put on her game face, already knowing that she should smiled and greet Fei just as enthusiastically. She knew, especially when the child saw the interviewers sitting on the sofa and the cameras that were still rolling.

*

Chaeyoung smiled as she and her family entered the hotel. Sana had led them upstairs and into the room. The adults were done trying to keep all of this a secret from their children and when they got Tzuyu back, they would come clean to her as well. But they started with Dahyun and Chaeyoung. When they entered the room, Sana had hastily put away her large board of things that connected with Fei and Tzuyu so the mothers could have enough room to explain.

Jeongyeon sat Chaeyoung and Dahyun down on the sofa while Jihyo and Nayeon tried to think of the easiest way to explain. "Dubs? Chaengie?" Nayeon asked, getting their attention," Do you remember a few years ago when we introduced you to Auntie Fei?" Both girls nodded, confused as to where this conversation was going. "Remember when we told you that she wasn't actually related to any of us?"

The girls nodded again.

"Well, I know that we keep telling you two that you aren't supposed to lie but we lied to you," Jihyo took over from Nayeon," Now, you both know that Tzuyu is adopted but we never told you something. I'm sorry that we kept this a secret but Fei is Tzuyu's real mum and-" 

"Is that it?" Eleven year old Dahyun asked when it looked like her youngest mother would go on a huge rant on not following in their footsteps and that lying was bad. Jihyo stopped her rant at Dahyun's unbothered expression. "Wh-What?" Jeongyeon asked, confused as to why the kids were taking this so smoothly. Chaeyoung and Dahyun exchanged a look as the younger girl shrugged.

"We already knew that Auntie Fei was Tzu Tzu's real mother," Chaeyoung replied," It was pretty obvious."

*

Tzuyu knew how to act when the cameras were rolling and Fei took her outside. Tzuyu rarely went out with Fei unless it was for business or a party that Fei could show Tzuyu off at. Fei lightly pushed Tzuyu on the swings while asking how Tzuyu's week at school was. Tzuyu knew what she was supposed to stay as she swung higher into the sky. "It was really good!" Tzuyu replied in Mandarin, smiling brightly," Can you help me with my homework t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter