Happy Endings

Always Loving You

[Flashback]

 

Dylan laid on the hospital bed as he held Sunnee's hand. He looked at her, and smiled weakly. "Sunnee... will you make my wish come true?" he asked. Sunnee looked at him as she nodded her head. "Will you... will you sing... for me?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee smiled sadly at her. She held his hand tightly as she brought it to her cheek. Then, she began to sing.

 

"The start of happiness

Forget the unknown tomorrow

She holds a  rose

Feels like love is beside her

This beautiful night

Needs to be quietly experienced/ Needs to be enjoyed silently

 

The start of sadness

Entangles in yesterday which was lost

She tries to change

Understands to forgive this world

Waits for time 

To heal everything

 

Tears of a Ferris wheel

Has been through too many rounds of separation

Slipped through feelings of joy and sadness

Previous memories, how precious they are

Tears of a Ferris wheel

When the day comes for us to closely count and reminisce

While at ease we find all our efforts won't go to waste.."

 

She looked at Dylan, and saw that he fell asleep once again. "Dylan... you need to live. Don't leave me, OK? I'm waiting for you to fulfill your promise to me." she said as she cried.

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

 

Two years later...

 

"Welcome!"

 

Sunnee looked back, and saw her niece, Shan Shan, running up to her. "Shan Shan!" she said happily. She lifter her up, and kissed the toddler on the cheek. "Did Shan Shan miss Auntie Sunnee? Huh?" she asked as she kissed her, making the toddler giggle. 

 

"Ah, that kids, is too much..." Wes complained as he held his wait. "Imagine, I had to run after her all the time! I miss my cute little baby Shan Shan..." he said with a pout. Sunnee just laughed at him. "Oh, where's your sister?" he asked. "At the office. Crunching numbers again." she said. 

 

Then, Pets got out of the office, looking a little frustrated. "There's a shortage of daisies, and they don't know when they can deliver!" she said. Wes and Sunnee looked at each other with surprise. "Oh no!" they both said. 

 

Pets let out a sigh. "I don't think there's something we can do at this rate..." she said. Pets looked at Sunnee, and smiled. "But you know what, I don't want to stress myself anymore. Especially since my little Shan Shan is here..." she said, taking her daughter from Sunnee. "Shan Shan is the cutest." Sunnee said. "Of course, she take after me." Wes said proudly. Pets and Sunnee looked at him, and rolled their eyes at him. 

 

"Oh, by the way, I'm off tomorrow, OK?" Sunnee told the two. Pets and Wes looked at each other, then back at her, and smiled. "Of course, we know, dear sister. Just enjoy your day tomorrow, OK?" Pets said. Wes nodded his head. "Don't worry about the shop. I'm off duty tomorrow at the hospital, so I can help your sister around." he said. 

 

"Thank  you." she said as she smiled at the two. 

 

--

 

Evan got out of the airport, and smiled to himself. "I'm back home..." he said. "Evan..." he heard someone call her. He looked at the girl behind her, and smiled at her. "Echo, you got everything?" he asked. Echo smiled at him, and nodded her head. 

 

"How about you? Are you ready to see your family?" she asked. Evan nodded his head. "I'm a little nervous..." Echo confessed. Evan smiled at her, as he cupped her cheek. "Don't worry, they'll love you the way that I did." he said. Echo smiled as she blushed at him. Then, Evan leaned down on her, and kissed her on the cheek. 

 

His heartache may have made him leave everything behind, but in leaving Taipei, he found a new love. And he is more than happy that he found Echo during his flight back Canada. Now, he's happier that ever before, and it was Echo that made him so happy. 

 

"Aiya, stop being to cheesy Evan. Let's go, your family must be waiting for us." Echo said. "Whatever you say, my lovely princess." Evan told her. He held her hand as they left the airport. 

 

--

 

"Evan ge!"

 

Sunnee shouted happily upon seeing Evan at the house. The two of them hugged for a long time. "I missed you!" she said. "I missed you too." Evan told her. Evan broke their hug as he smiled at her. "I'm glad to see you well." he said. Sunnee just smiled at him. "And happy?"he said.

 

Sunnee nodded her head. "But you look happy too. Are we going to meet her today?" she asked. Then, a red haired girl went to Evan's side. Evan looked at her lovingly as he smiled. "Sunnee, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Echo." he said as he looked at Sunnee. "Echo, this is my little sister, Sunnee." Evan said. 

 

The two girls smiled at each other as they shook hand. "I'm glad to finally meet you. Evan had been talking a lot about you." Echo said. "Really? I hope it's all good things." Sunnee said. "I could never bad mouth my favorite little sister." Evan said. All of them just laughed. 

 

Sunnee looked at Evan, who is looking at Echo. She smiled to herself, happy that her stepbrother  finally found a girl who loves him and made him happy. She looked at Pets and Wes, and seeing them happy made her feel happy as well. 

 

She should be happy. She had recovered now, she had a happy family, and everyone around her finally found their happiness. But, she felt empty inside. She let out a sad smile as she remembered him. "I wish you're here... maybe then, I could be happy too..." she thought. 

 

--

 

Before the sun rises, Sunnee went to the marina for a walk. Ever since Dylan brought her there, it had become her favorite place. And her favorite memory was their diving trip together. "I wonder how you are now, Dylan? Are you well? Do you also watch the sunrise like I do?" she asked herself. 

 

"I do."

 

She heard someone say. She looked back, and saw a familiar figure walking up to her. Seeing him made her smile. "Dylan?" she called. Dylan smiled at her. "Did you miss me?" he asked. Sunnee let out smile at him before she hit his arm, making him flinch in pain. 

 

"Who said you can go to New York without telling me?!" she said angrily. "Aiyo... I told you I had an emergency meeting there so I had to leave immediately." he said as he rubbed his arm. "Still. How would I know if you're doing well." she said with a pout. Dylan smiled, and pulled her girlfriend into a hug. He knew how worried she is, especially when he had a fatal attack two years ago. Good thing the surgery was a success, and he is finally healthy. 

 

"I won't leave you. I promised you that, right?" he said. Sunnee looked at him, and pouted. "I can't help but get worried about you. You know that." she said. Dylan let out a smile. "The unknown forces gave me a reason to live. And that is you." he said. With that, Sunnee let out a smile. 

 

The two of them looked at the horizon, where the sky and the sea meets. The sun began to rise, and the sky is painted with the colors or yellow, red and pink. "You know what, I realized something." Dylan told her. Sunnee gave him a curious look. "What is it?" she asked. 

 

Dylan smiled, still looking at the sunrise. "Sunrise is beautiful too. Just like the sunset. It shows you that there will always be beautiful beginnings..." Dylan told her. Sunnee smiled as she looked at the sunrise. "Well, I think you're right..." she said. 

 

As she looked at Dylan, she found him kneeling on one knee as he hold a ring. "I hope we can make a beautiful beginning in our life, Sunnee. I hope to see every sunrise and every sunset with you in my life. So, I ask... will you spend forever with me? Will you marry me?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee was surprised at what he did. Happy tears filled her eyes as she nodded her head. "Yes, I'm willing to marry you." she said. But the happiest was Dylan. He put the ring on her finger, and then he stood up. "From now on till forever, I will never ever leave your side again." he said. Sunnee held his cheek as he smiled. "And you'll always love me?" she asked. Dylan nodded his head. "I will always love you, forever, and ever, and ever." he said. 

 

He leaned down to kiss her lips for a long time. And after that kiss, Dylan lifted Sunnee and spun her around. 

 

--

 

The church is filled with sunflowers. By the altar, Dylan waited for his bride. As the wedding song play on, he waited for his bride to walk. 

 

The door opened, finally revealing her beautiful bride. Beneath her veil, he could see Sunnee smiling happily at him. Soon after, she was by his side. 

 

"They're so beautiful..." Eunice whispered to Brent. "Finally... after a long time, they're finally together." Brent said. Eunice looked dreamily at Sunnee and Dylan as the ceremony goes on. "When will I find my prince charming..." she asked. 

 

Brent looked at her, and smiled. "If you just look, you'll see it has been in front of you the whole time." Brent said. Eunice looked at him, and they gazed at each other for a long time. Eunice let out a smile as she put her head on his shoulder. Brent smiled to himself as he held her hand. 

 

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

 

Sunnee turned to Dylan and smiled. Dylan took a deep breath before he lifted her veil. "You're the best thing that happened in my life." he told her. Sunnee just smiled at him. Then, he leaned down, and kissed her on the lips. With that kiss, everyone cheered on them. 

 

"I love you, my husband..." Sunnee said after their kiss. "And I love you too, my wife." Dylan said with a smile. He leaned towards her, and kissed her again on the lips. This time, a longer one.