Memories Of Him

Always Loving You

[Flashback]

 

Sunnee looked up at the night sky from their house's balcony, watching the stars as they light up the sky. She let out a smile as she looked at the stars with wonder and admiration. 

 

"Sunny girl?"

 

She looked back, and saw her boyfriend walking up to her. "I've been wondering where you are. You left me alone with Wes ge." Wayne said with a pout. Sunnee let out a laugh. As soon as he got near her, he hugged her from behind. "Sorry, my love. I realized we have a clear sky tonight, and I can actually see all the stars." Sunnee said as she looked up. 

 

Wayne hugged her tighter as he looked up. "I never thought how vast the stars are, especially on a clear night sky like this." Sunnee told him. He leaned on her shoulder, pressing his cheek to hers. "Do you know how many stars there are in the sky?" he asked her. Sunnee shook her head. "I can't count them all. They're so tiny, and it might be millions!" Sunnee said, pouting at him. 

 

Wayne smiled at her. "Well, it's good thing you can't count the stars." he said. Sunnee gave her boyfriend a confused look. "Because that's how much I love you. And I will only stop loving you until the last star in the sky dies out." he said. 

 

Her cheek turned pink upon hearing that. They have been together for so long, but hearing Wayne's sweet words makes her heart melt. Wayne let her go, and she turned to face him. "Sunnee, I want to watch the night sky with you every night. I want to spend each night looking at the stars with you." he told her. Sunnee smiled at him.  "You know that I want the same thing, Wayne." she said. 

 

He smiled for a while. And then, she was surprised when he got down on one knee. From his pocket, he took out a small, velvet box and opened it. She was even more surprised to see a solitary diamond ring inside. 

 

"Will you marry me?" he asked her. Speechless, all Sunnee could do was nod her head. 

 

 

[End of Flashback]

 

--

 

They walked for quite a long distance, until they reached an old tower house. Sunnee looked at Dylan, and gave him a confused look. "I know this place..." she thought. Dylan looked back at her, and held her hand tighter. "Let's go, before we miss the sunset." Dylan said. Sunnee nodded her head, and followed him. 

 

The old tower house was a famous restaurant, known for the view from it's tower balcony. She knew the place, because she would frequent it, especially if there's celestial events like meteor showers or comets passing by. "You know this place?" she asked her boyfriend. She saw Dylan nod his head. 

 

The restaurant has just opened when they got in, and it was still empty. As soon as they went inside the restaurant, they headed to the balcony at the tower side. "We're here!" Dylan told her. Sunnee looked at the view from the balcony. She realized that the view of the sunset from the top is just as beautiful as the view she had from the boat. 

 

She slowly walked to the railing, as she looked at the sunset with amazement. "It's so beautiful here..." she said. Dylan walked up to her, and joined her.  "I know you'll like the view here." he said. Sunnee let out a laugh. "I've always liked the view here. Did you know, before the accident, I frequent this place to watch meteor showers." she said. 

 

Dylan gave her a confused look. "You're kidding, right?" he said. He can't believe what she just said. "I'm not. I'm telling the truth, mermaid."

"I'm always here. Especially during meteor showers. How come I don't get to see you?" 

 

Dylan looked at her for a long time. Then, she realized the long haired girl he always sees by the balcony when there's any celestial phenomena happening. He remembered the girl who is either with her boyfriend, or her brother, and who always snags the best spot in the balcony. 

 

And she remember the girl he talked to days before his heart transplant. "You're the girl who complained about the celestial bodies being late. During the Perseids meteor shower, right?" Dylan said. Sunnee let out a laugh. "I guess that's me." she said.

 

Dylan smiled at her, and held her hands. "I can't believe we've known each other even before. I wonder why we only met right now?" he asked her. "Maybe because this is a new chapter in our lives?" Sunnee said. "Or maybe, the unknown forces in the world didn't want us to meet at a time when I am sick. Maybe, you are the reason the unknown forces wanted me to live. They wanted me to be well and healthy, so I can meet you, so I can love you, and so I can take care of you." 

 

He cupped her cheek, and gazed into her eyes. "I guess those unknown forces has fated for us to meet. Maybe they let us walk into each other's lives before, because they know, this day will come. The day we'll fall in love with each other." he said in a gentle voice.  "And maybe, those unknown forces knew we'll both be needing each other in the end..." Sunnee said in a low voice. 

 

Dylan let out a smile. "You know that I've always loved the sunset, right?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "Then, promise me. From now on, we'll watch the sunset together." he said. Sunnee smiled at him. "I promise." she said. With that, Dylan smiled at her. Then, he leaned down on her, and kissed her on the lips.

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

"But... you promised me!"

 

Sunnee said with a pout. "Didn't you say before, you want to watch the meteor showers with me? Why are you suddenly backing out?" she said. Wayne let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, my love. It's just that I'm tired from work. Plus, we've been doing all the planning for the wedding. I want to rest and catch on sleep. We can catch it again next time, right?" Wayne said. 

 

Sunnee lowered her head. Wayne put his hand on her shoulder. "Promise, next time, I'll see the meteor showers with you." he said.  "Then, I guess I'll just ask Wes ge to drive me there... I don't want to miss the meteor shower..." she said. 

 

"I promise, next time, I'll go with you. Just not tonight." Wayne told her. She had no choice but to agree with him. "All right. Rest well, my love. I'll see you tomorrow." she said.  Wayne just smiled at his girlfriend. She tiptoed to him, and kissed him on the lips. She felt something is wrong, as Wayne suddenly became cold when she kissed him, but she ignored that thought. "Enjoy watching the meteors." Wayne said. 

 

As soon as Sunnee left, Wayne closed the door of his apartment. "Finally, she's gone?" he heard a voice ask. He let out a smirk, and looked at the girl draped in towel. She had just finished taking a shower, and her scent of vanilla lingered in him. "Your sister  is pretty stubborn." he said as he walked towards her. 

 

She let out a seductive smile as he hugged her. "Who spoiled her anyway?" she asked.  Wayne smirked at her. "Are you jealous?" he asked. She just let out a smile.  She let the towel drop on the floor, letting him see her body. "Why would I be jealous of her, when I know I got her guy around my fingers?" she said.  He let out a smirk, "And you know so well how to keep me wrapped around your fingers." he said. 

 

And then he captured her lips for a kiss. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

Sunnee slowly opened her eyes after their kiss. As the sun's ray glow on Dylan, she let out a smile. But as she blinked, she saw Wayne again instead of him. 

 

Confused, she stepped buck. She felt her head began to ache again. She nursed her temple as she stepped back. "Sunnee, are you all right?" Dylan asked her. She knew she's with Dylan, but why is it that she sees Wayne in him, and hears his voice as he speaks. "Sunnee?" Dylan asked again worriedly. 

 

Then, flashes of memories came back to her. Her head ached more as she saw memories that she had not remembered from before. She felt her chest tightened as she sees those memories. "No..." she whispered. She stumbled back, making her sit on the floor. "Sunnee, what's wrong?" Dylan asked. She looked at him, seeing Wayne's  face in his. As Dylan tried to reach her, she pushed him away. 

 

"No! I hate you!" she said as she cried. Dylan looked at her, wondering why she pushed him. "Sunnee, it's me -"

"How could you hurt me like this?! I loved you!"

 

Dylan knew it was another attack. Even if she's resisting him, he someone managed to hold her in his arms. "It's all right, Sunne... I'm here..." he whispered to her. As if his voice was a lullaby, Sunnee slowly calmed down. "It's me. I'm here..." he said in a low voice. Soon, Sunnee came back to her senses. She finally realize she is with Dylan, and Wayne is nowhere in sight. 

 

"What's happening to me?" she asked as she cried. Dylan hushed her as he held her tighter.