Lost Memories

Always Loving You

Pets was walking back to her room that night, when she felt someone pull her arm. She looked back, and saw Wes glaring at him. "You're going to tell her the truth." Wes said. 

 

Pets could only look at him. "I... I can't..." she said. Wes held her tight, making her flinch in pain. "You know who else knew the truth? Your brother." Wes said. Pets was surprised at what he said. She never told anyone about Sunnee's condition, except Wes. How could Evan find out about it?

 

"I... I didn't tell him..."

"It didn't matter if you told your brother or not. You have to tell Sunnee the truth. Because the more she doesn't know, the more she's suffering. Did you know she had another attack when she was with Dylan?" 

 

She looked at him with pleading eyes. "Please, don't make me do this..." she said. "If you're not going to tell Sunnee everything, then as her doctor, I will." he said. He let her go. As he turned his back on her, she hugged him as she cried. "Please... Wes, please don't do this..." she cried as she pleaded. 

 

Wes let out a bitter laugh. "You really want my sister to suffer, huh? Didn't you remember, you hurt her when you had an affair with Wayne." he reminded her. "And I regret everything..." she said. "If you want to make up for your mistake, then you have to tell her the truth." Wes said. With that, he put away his arms away from himself, and left her alone. 

 

--

 

Sunnee slowly opened her eyes, and the first person she saw is Evan. "Evan ge..." she said in a weak voice. Evan helped her to sit up from her bed. "How are you feeling?" Evan asked her worriedly. Sunnee let out a weak smile. "I'm OK now. Thank you for picking me up at Dylan's pad." she said. 

 

Evan brushed her hair with her finger. He can't help but be worried about her, since her attacks had been frequent. "Sunnee, I don't think it's a good idea for you to be with Dylan." he told her. Sunnee gave him a confused look. "Why?" she asked. "Look. when you're around him, you always have a panic attack. I'm starting to think Dylan is bad for your mental health." Evan explained to her. 

 

Sunnee looked at him for a long time, then she let out a weak smile. "You're right... I always have panic attacks when I'm with him. But... he's the same person that could calm me down when I'm having an attack. He's the person that makes me smile. He's the person that makes me happy. Why would you want me to stay away from the only person that makes me feel alive?" she asked him. 

 

Evan pursed his lips. He wanted to tell her everything she knew, but now is not the right time to do that. "For the past three years, I've been living in the dark because of the accident. It felt like I lost all hope. Then, Dylan came to my life. He showed me that there's some things worth living for. He showed me there are a lot of things to look forward to each day.  Dylan is my saving grace. I just can't leave him and stay away from him just because of my sickness." 

 

Sunnee let out a sad smile as tears flooded her eyes. He wanted to understand her, but his selfish heart won't let him. He wanted her by himself, and he wants her to see only him. "But, what if there's another person who would do the same things Dylan do? What if there's someone who's willing to do everything to make you happy?" he asked her. "You made me happy, Evan ge. I can't deny that. But Dylan's the only one who understands me." she said. 

 

Evan paused, and stared at her for a long time. "I love you." he told her. Sunnee was surprised at his confession. He held her hands as he looked into her eyes. "I love you so much, Sunnee. Choose me. Be with me. I promised I'll make you happy. I promise I'll help get you through this." he said. Sunnee just looked at him. 

 

He reached for her face, and kissed her lips. When he realized how cold she is towards him, he let her go. Sunnee looked away from him. "I'm sorry, Evan... I can't love you the way that you love me..." she said in a low voice. 

 

He fought the tears from coming out of his eyes. He forced a smile in his lips for her. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight. Let's just forget this had ever happened." he said. He stood up, and turned to  leave her room. Sunnee could only watch him as he walk away. 

 

The moment he stepped inside his room and closed the door behind him, tears fell from his eyes. 

 

--

 

"What do you mean I can't see her?"

 

Dylan asked Wes the moment he stepped foot inside the Yang residence. Wes could only sigh as he faced him. "Not today, all right. I don't want her to have another panic attack." Wes explained to Dylan. Dylan lowered his head. He felt guilty because most of Sunnee's recent attacks happened while she's with him. "But I didn't do anything. It wasn't my fault..." Dylan said. 

 

Wes patted his shoulder. "I know. But I'm only thinking what's best for her right now. Please understand, Dylan. You need to stay away from Sunnee for a while. It's for her good. With her around you, she's just getting worse." he said. Defeated, Dylan just nodded his head. "I understand. Then, please tell her I came by, and please give this to her." he said, giving the bouquet of sunflowers to Wes. Then, he turned to leave their house. 

 

From her window, Sunnee saw Dylan leaving their house. "He's here! But... why is he leaving?" she thought. "Dylan!" she shouted. When he heard Sunnee calling him, he stopped, and looked at her window. "Sunnee..." he called. "Dylan! Wait for me!" she shouted again. 

 

She rushed out of her room, but before she could reach the door to follow him, Wes stopped her. "Sunnee, no!" Wes said as he blocked her way. Sunnee frowned at him. "Even you? Why didn't you want me to see Dylan?!" she asked him. "Just go back to your room." Wes ordered her. 

 

Sunnee didn't listen to him. Instead, she pushed him so she could get out of the house to be with Dylan. "Yang Yun Qing!" Wes shouted angrily at her as she ran towards Dylan. "Dylan!" Sunnee shouted as she ran barefoot to be with him. 

 

The moment she reached him, she hugged him tight. Dylan hugged her tight as well. "Sunnee, it's all right..." Dylan told her. Sunnee looked at him tearfully. "Don't go... don't leave me..." she said. Dylan held her cheeks, and let out a smile. "Sunnee, you have to listen to Wes ge. After all, he only wants you to be well." he said. 

 

Sunnee shook her head. "Why do they want you to stay away from me? It wasn't your fault. It's... it's me..." she said as she cried. Dylan hugged her again, and let Sunnee bury her face on his chest. "It's no one's fault. Nobody wanted what happened to you. Don't worry, once you're OK, I'll take you out on a date. We can go to the theme park, or we can go diving again. For now, I want you to rest, and listen to Wes ge, all right?" Dylan said. "But I want to be with you..." she protested. 

 

Dylan looked at her again. "Listen to me. This is just temporary, OK? I'll be able to see you again once you're condition is stable. For now, you have to focus on getting well." he said. He leaned towards her, and kissed her lips for a long time. Then, she let her go. "Goodbye for now, Sunnee." he said. 

 

Sunnee didn't want to let him go. She held to her hand as long as she could. But slowly, his hand slipped from her grip. She could only watch helplessly as  Dylan leaves. "Dylan..." she said as she cried. Before she could make a step to follow him, Wes stopped her. He held her shoulders, preventing her from leaving. 

 

"Sunnee, this is for your own good." Wes said firmly. Sunnee looked at him bitterly. "Who are you to tell me what's good for me or not?!" she shouted angrily at him. "Sunnee, we don't want you to be sick anymore that's why I'm doing this!" Wes defended himself. Sunnee glared at him as she cried. She pushed him again before going back inside the house. 

 

--

 

Dylan reached his room, feeling heartbroken because of what happened. It's against his will to leave Sunnee like that, but if he is the reason why she's getting sick, then it's better for him to stay away for a while. 

 

A tear fell from his eye as he remembered the sad look on her face when he left. He didn't want to make her sad, or to hurt her, but if being away from her for a while would make her feel better, he'll take that risk. 

 

As he made a step, he felt a heaviness in his chest. He suddenly can't breath. It felt like something heavy is on top of his chest. Slowly, he began to be weak. With his remaining strength, he was able to reach for his phone and dial Brent's number. 

 

"Dylan?" he could hear Brent from his phone. "Help..." he managed to say on the phone. "Dylan, what's wrong?" Brent asked. As he clutched on his chest, he fell on the floor. He eyed on the phone that's now sitting on the floor. "Help... me..." he managed to say before he lost consciousness. 

 

Then, everything went black.

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

"Wayne, I'm here!"

 

Sunnee shouted as she entered Wayne's pad. She found the living room and kitchen empty. She looked at her watch, and realized he must be late for work. "Aiyo, Wayne. You overslept again, huh?" she said. She then decided to go to his room to wake up her boyfriend. 

 

But the moment she got by the door of his room, she heard unusual noise. She could hear a girl giggling. She could hear Wayne giggling as well. Then, there were sounds of two people kissing. 

 

"Aren't you going to be late?"

"I don't mind. Just one more round, OK?"

"You are going to be late!"

"Can't I spend more time with you?"

 

She felt her heart beating fast as she listened to the sound inside the room. Part of her mind tells her to walk away and pretend she didn't hear anything. Another part of her told her to open the door to reveal the truth. The logical part of her won, and so, she decided to slowly open the door. 

 

She had the shock of her life when she saw Wayne lying on top of her stepsister. She stood frozen in her place as she watched the two share a passionate kiss. She felt numb seeing the betrayal before her. 

 

Her mind went blank. She didn't realize she dropped her bag, until she saw Wayne and Pets eyed at her direction. "Sunnee?" Wayne called her. He immediately wrapped himself with a towel, and ran towards her.

 

Sunnee got into her senses. She took her bag, and walked away from him. "Sunnee, wait. Let me explain!" Wayne said as he followed her. Sunnee faced him again, and slapped him. 

 

"How could you do this to me?!" she shouted angrily at him. Wayne looked back at Sunnee, and he could see the tears on her face. "Sunnee, listen to me -"

"No!"

"Listen -"

"No! I hate you!"

 

All Wayne could do is hug her as she cried. "I'm sorry..." he told her tearfully. "I'm so sorry...." he told her. She looked at him with anger in her eyes. "I love you. I trusted you, and this is what you're going to do to me? Why her?! Why my stepsister, of all people?! Am I not enough? Am I not loving you enough, huh? How could you betray me like this?!" Sunnee shouted at him as she hit his chest. 

 

Then, she pushed him away. As he looked at the door of his room, she saw her draped in white blanket. She looked at her with hatred in her eyes. She could only look away with shame. "I trusted you..." she told her. Then, she looked at him. "I trusted both of you!" she shouted. 

 

She took off the ring for her hand, and threw it in Wayne's face. "The wedding is off. You two can go to hell!" she shouted at him. With that, she stormed out of his pad.

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

Sunnee sat on her bed, finally realizing that lost memory. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she remembered the painful moment. "They... they betrayed me..." she thought. She hugged her knee as she cried. 

 

For the past three years, when she lost those memories, she blamed herself for her loss. She thought she doesn't deserve love after Wayne had died. She thought she could only love Wayne. 

 

And then she realized finally how he betrayed her. 

 

"Mei Mei..."

 

She looked at the door, and saw Pets by the door. She glared at her angrily. "Mei Mei, what's wrong?" Pets asked nervously. "How could you?!" she shouted at her. She lunged at her, and slapped her face. "I trusted you!" Sunnee shouted at her as she tried to hurt her. 

 

The only thing Pets could do is cry as she accept her anger.