Beautiful Sunset

Always Loving You

Wes and Jack folded their arms and looked at each other. Then, they looked sternly at Dylan. "How long have you known my daughter?" Jack asked sternly. Dylan swallowed hard as he faced them. "Two weeks." he answered. "And why would you like to bring my daughter to this diving trip?" Jack asked again. "W-well..." 

 

He could hear his own voice falter. He doesn't know why, but when it comes to business deals and handling stubborn client, he could be assertive. But now that he's facing Sunnee's father, fear is starting to set in. "Well, what?" Wes asked. "S-sunnee, s-she... she told me she wanted to go diving one of these days. So... so..."

 

"So you wanted her to come along?" Wes asked. Dylan slowly nodded his head. The two men gave him a piercing look. "I have no bad intention to your daughter, sir. I... I just want her to join me in diving." Dylan stuttered. Sunnee bit her lips, trying to suppress her laughter. She find Dylan cute when he's scared like this, 

 

"Aiyo, Jack! Why don't you allow Sunnee to just go?" Pauline told her husband. "But..." Wes hesitated as he looked at his sister. "I think Sunnee should go." Evan told them. Wes let out a sigh. "You missed the point, Evan." he told him. Then, he eyed Sunnee. "Is she going to be OK is she goes with Dylan? It will just be the two of them. Unless Dylan allows me to go..."

 

"Wes ge! How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not sick?" Sunnee told him angrily. Wes looked at her with worry in his eyes. "It's not that. It's just that..." he hesitated to continue as he looked at Dylan. He's scared that something might trigger's panic attack while she's away. How would Dylan understand her situation?

 

"How about this? Wes and Evan can join us to the diving trip too." Dylan suggested. Jack let out a sigh, and nodded his head. "I will only allow Sunnee to go if Wes will go too. After all, she knows her situation." Jack said. With that, Dylan smiled at him, and then at Sunnee. "We can go diving next weekend!" he told her happily. The two of them gave each other a high five. "But..." they heard Jack added. "I want you to bring home my daughter safe and sound, and in one piece. do you understand?" Jack said. Dylan nodded his head. "I promise, sir. I'll make sure Sunnee will be safe during the trip." Dylan told him. 

 

Dylan looked at Sunnee, and saw him smiling at happily. Seeing them two, Evan had a change of expression in his face. "He does make her happy..." he thought sadly. 

 

--

 

Pets came home that night, right after Dylan had left. He saw Wes and Sunnee outside their house. "Who is that? We had a guest?" she asked the two. Sunnee nodded her head. "Yes, Pets jie. It's my friend, Dylan." she said. "Oh, it's too bad I wasn't able to see him. I wasn't able to see him the time he went to the flower shop." Pets said. 

 

Wes folded his arms as he raised an eyebrow at her. "Well, I think you two are not fated to meet each other." he said sarcastically. Pets looked at him sadly. "Don't worry, Pets jie. Next time, I'll introduce you to him. All right?" Sunnee told her. Pets just nodded her head. Wes let out a smirk. "Are you sure you want your stepsister and Dylan to meet?" he asked Sunnee. 

 

Sunnee looked at him innocently. "Of course. I want Pets jie to meet him." she said. Wes eyed Pets. This time, he gave her a piercing look. "What if the two of them become too close? Is that OK with you?" he asked. Pets knew those words had double meaning, and it meant to make her feel guilty. "I don't mind. It would nice if all of us are friends, right?" Sunnee said. Pets could only lower her head. 'Well, it's up to you, Sunnee." Wes said. 

 

"Ah,I need to go inside first. I'll leave the two of you alone for a while, all right?" Sunnee told them before rushing inside the house. Soon, the two of them were alone. Wes could only glare at Pets, seeing the guilty look on her face. "It's a good thing you didn't meet Dylan, do you know why?" he asked. Pets just remained silent. "Because you might steal him again from my sister. You might hurt my sister again." he told her. 

 

A tear fell from her eye as she looked at him. "How many times do I have to tell you that I regret what I have done?" she asked him tearfully. "No amount of apology, no amount of your could bring back Sunnee to how she is before. And it's all your fault that you broke her." he blamed her. "Wes..." she called him. She reached for him, but before she could touch him, he turned his back on her, and left her alone. 

 

--

 

 

The day of the diving trip. 

 

"We're here!" Dylan said as he stopped the engine of the car. Wes and Sunnee looked out of the window. They see an array of the yachts and boats at the marina. "Wow..." Sunnee said in awe. "The boats here are actually nice." Wes commented. 

 

The three of them got out of the car, and walked towards Dylan's yacht. Both Sunnee and Wes were in awe seeing how big Dylan's yacht is. "Whoa... this is amazing. Dylan, I didn't know you are a rich kid!" Wes said. Dylan smiled politely at him. "It's my parents that's rich, not me. And I only borrowed their yacht for the weekend." Dylan. "But still you're an heir!" Wes said in awe. Dylan just laughed it off.

 

"Let's go inside, so we can got at sea, all right?" he told the two. Sunnee nodded her head. "Wait..." Wes said. Both Dylan and Sunnee gave him a confused look. "What is it, Wes ge?" Sunnee asked. "I don't want to disturb the two of you." he said with a meaningful smile. Sunnee was even more confused, while Dylan's cheek turned pink. 

 

"And besides, I would just be bored. I'll just wait for you guys here, all right?" Wes said. "But... Wes ge... we will be out there for a long time!" Sunnee said. "Well, I'm pretty sure Dylan will take care of you. Right, Dylan?" he said, giving him a wink. Dylan smiled at him. "I will take care of him. "Then, I'll leave you and Sunnee alone. Just a remember, Sunnee, if you become uneasy, or you feel so stressed you, you need to tell Dylan so he could turn back here, all right?" Wes told him. 

 

Sunnee's eyes widened at him. "Wes ge! Didn't you promise my dad that -"

"I did. But I know Dylan would take care of you better than I can." Wes said, smiling at her. Then, Dylan threw his car keys at him. "Hey, take my car if you want to drive around. Just make sure to be back before night falls, all right?" Dylan told him. Wes nodded his head, and gave him a thumbs up. Before Sunnee could further protest, Wes had left her alone with Dylan. 

 

"Come on, let's go!" Dylan told Sunnee as he pulled her inside his yacht.

 

--

 

"Are you ready?" Dylan asked Sunnee. He was about to put on his goggles, when he saw the fear in her face. "Hey..." he called again. "Can I really do this?" she asked. She was hesitating to get into the water, since it's been a while. She could feel another panic attack coming, but she was trying her best to calm down. 

 

Then, Dylan held her hand. She looked at him, and saw him smiling. She doesn't know why, but with him holding her hand was enough to calm her down. "It's going to be fine. You can do it. Don't worry, I won't let you out of my sight." he told her. 

 

With that, Sunnee finally smiled. "Then, let's do this!" she said as she smiled. Dylan nodded his head. He helped put on her gear, and gave her last minute instructions. As soon as she's ready, the two of them dived into the water. 

 

Seeing of the beauty of the ocean, Sunnee's fears were all gone. She found herself enjoying the sight of the underwater world. She played with the under water animals and watched the corals,  while Dylan was taking some pictures. They dived for almost two hours before they went back to the surface. 

 

"That was fun!" Sunnee said after she took her gear. "See, I told you." Dylan said. "It's really beautiful under the sea. Hey, were you able to take a lot of pictures?" Sunnee asked. Dylan nodded his head. "Then, you must let me see them soon, all right?" she said as she smiled. "I will. I promise." he said. 

 

"Ah, Sunnee..." Dylan began. "Is it OK if we don't go back to the marina yet? I want to show you something." he asked. Sunnee gave him a confused look. "What is it?" she asked. Dylan let out a smile. "It's a surprise." he told her. Sunnee stared at him for a long time. "As long as it's pretty as what I've seen today, then OK." she said. 

 

Dylan let out a smile. "I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this one." he told her. 

 

--

 

Sunnee sat alone at the deck of the yacht. Although she enjoyed her dive today, she also enjoyed looking at the calm sea. She closed her eyes for a while to feel the cool sea breeze, and then she heard some clicking sound. She opened her eyes, and looked up. She saw Dylan taking pictures of her. 

 

"No fair! I wasn't looking!" she said with a pout. Dylan laughed at her. "But I got I pretty shot here. See?" he said. He sat beside Sunnee, and showed him the picture he took. She saw herself smiling with her eyes closed. The vast blue sky was her background. She had never seen herself that beautiful in a picture before. 

 

"I can't believe I can be that beautiful in your pictures." she said as she laughed. "But you are beautiful..." Dylan said. Sunnee looked up at him, and saw him staring at her. Sunnee just smiled at him. "Thank you." she said politely. "Ah, a few minutes more, and it's going to be sunset." Dylan said. "Is that what you wanted me to see?" she asked. Dylan nodded his head. "Sunset and sea... isn't it a perfect combination?" he asked. She nodded her head in agreement. 

 

The two of them looked at the horizon. Slowly, the sun began to set. The once blue sky is know a mix of orange and red. "You know, I've always love sunsets." she heard Dylan say. She looked at him, and saw him smiling as he watched the sunset. "Why?" she asked. "Have you noticed how no two sunsets are similar? Everyday, the sky has different colors before it turns into night."

 

He let out a sigh as he hugged his knee. "I like sunsets,because it only proves that something that ends can be beautiful too. Because it gives hope, that there is still tomorrow - to do your best, to keep on living... to have your second chance at life. You know, when I was still sick, I was always thinking, if I'm going to die, the last thing I want to see if the sun setting down." he said. "Why?" she asked. "Because at that time, it's the only beautiful thing I've seen in this world." he answered. 

 

He took a deep breath, and smiled at her. "But I didn't die. Still, it leaves me speechless how everyday, we can see such a beauty in this world." Then, he gazed at her. "I never realized I'd find something more beautiful that this..." he said. "What is it?" she asked out of curiosity. 

 

He looked at her for a while. Then, he held her hand. "You." he said. She was speechless at what he said. She didn't know what Dylan saw in her to make him think that way. She could feel her heart beat fast as he moved closer to her. "Sunnee... I've never been in love. And I thought I'll never love. But all of that changed the day I saw you. That moment I saw you, that moment I held you in my arms, that moment I looked into your eyes, I knew what love is." he said gently. 

 

All Sunnee could do is gaze at him. He cupped her cheek as he gazed at her. "Dylan..." she said in a low voice. "I love you." Dylan finally confessed. Then, she smiled at him. Dylan inched his face closer to her. As she closed her eyes, she felt his lips against her.