The Liar

Always Loving You

"Dr. Hsu, here are the latest test results." 

 

Brent took the folder from the nurse, and opened it. He read the results carefully, but seeing it made him shocked. "This can't be..." he thought. 

 

He closed the folder, and let out a sigh. "This can't happen, right? Not to him..." he thought. 

 

[Flashback]

 

Sunnee sat up on her bed. It's been two days since she and Wayne broke up, and she missed her terribly. She had not gone to work since that day, but good thing her client was understanding. 

 

"Sunnee, have something to eat first..." she heard her stepmom say. She looked at her sadly. "Wayne... he... he didn't come, didn't he?" she asked. Pauline let out a sigh, and shook her head. "I haven't seen his shadow." she said. She let out a sad smile. "We never fought. And this time, he didn't come to talk to me. I guess I really messed up this time, right, mom?" she asked. 

 

Pauline put her food on the table, and sat beside her to console her. "Sunnee, dear. When you're in a relationship, it doesn't guarantee that you two won't have any misunderstanding. This of this as a challenge for you and Wayne. I know that two of you had been together for so long, and it doesn't mean that because you didn't fight before, your relationship is already perfect. When the two of you get married, you'll probably fight more about trivial things. If that happens, then you two needs to talk about it once you're no longer mad, all right?" Pauline told her. 

 

"Mom, do you think he's just letting his anger die down?" she asked. Pauline nodded his head. "I know Wayne loves you so much. He won't let you go, right? After all, a girl like you is hard to find." Pauline told her. This time, she let out a smile. She felt a little better after talking to her stepmom. "Thank you for talking to me, mom..." she said. Pauline let out a smile, and hugged her tight. "You know you can always talk to me, OK?" Pauline said. Sunnee just nodded her head. 

 

--

 

Eunice went inside the hotel as she was talking on the phone. "Hello? Cosmos? Yes, I'm already here..." she said on the phone. "Then, I'll wait for you at the cafe then? All right. I'll wait for you there. Bye!"

 

She took her phone, and ended the call. Then, she went to the front desk to ask for directions. "Hi, may ask where the cafe is?" she asked the front desk. "Yes, miss. It's at the 23rd floor. You may use the elevator at the right side." The front desk personnel said. Eunice smiled, and thank the personnel. 

 

As she turned to leave, she bumped into a girl. When they bumped, her key card fell on the floor. "Oooppss... sorry..." Eunice said as she helped take the key card from the floor. The girl smiled at her as she handed her the key card. "It's OK. Thank you." the girl said. 

 

As she was about to go to the cafe, she looked back, and saw Wayne waiting by the couch. The girl approached her, and he smiled at her. "Why is Wayne here?" she thought. She looked at them, and saw the girl kiss Wayne on the lips. "Let's go." she heard Wayne said. The two of them went to the other side where the other elevators are. 

 

She felt like cold water poured into her back upon seeing them together. "Is Wayne cheating on Qing Er Mei Mei?" she thought. 

 

--

 

After Eunice met up with Cosmos, the two of them decided to see at the hospital where he is working. They decided that it would be better to let him know first what they saw, before they tell Sunnee about it. 

 

Good thing they saw Wes right away at the hallway. "Wes ge, can we talk to you for a minute?" Eunice asked him. Wes gave the two girls a confused look. He knew they won't see him, unless something happened to Sunnee. "Sure. Let's go back to my clinic, all right?" Wes said. 

 

The three went to his clinic. "What's wrong? I know the two of you. If it comes to Qing Er Mei Mei, you come looking for me. This has something to do with her, right?" Wes said. Eunice and Cosmos looked at each other. "Wes ge... Eunice saw something today..." Cosmos said. 

 

Wes gave them a confused look. "What is it?" he asked. Eunice let out a sigh. "Wes ge, I... I saw Wayne today at the hotel. With another girl..." she said. Wes was surprised at what she said. "Are you sure it's him?" he asked again. "I know it's him!" Eunice said. 

 

Wes leaned on his chair as he massaged his temple. "So, that's why he broke up with her..." Wes said. Both Cosmos and Eunice were surprised at what he said. "They broke up?" they both exclaimed. Wes nodded his head. Wes thought for a while. "Let me handle this. Thank you for letting me know first what you saw." Wes said. "You know how much we love Qing Er Mei Mei too. We don't want her to get hurt." Eunice told him. Wes let out a smile at them. "And I'm glad Qing Er Mei Mei had friends like you. Thank you." Wes told them.

 

--

 

Wes took a deep breath, and knock on Sunnee's room. "Qing Er Mei Mei, can I come in?" he asked. "Yes..." he heard the faint answer from Sunnee. He opened the door, and went inside her room. He took a deep breath as he sat in front of her on her bed. 

 

"Sunnee, there's something I have to let you know." Wes began. Sunnee gave him a confused look. "What is it?" Sunnee asked him. "It's about Wayne..." he began. Sunnee gave him a curious look. "What about him?" she asked. Wes took another deep breath as he looked at her. 

 

"Someone... someone saw Wayne with another girl at a hotel." Wes finally said. Sunnee looked at him for a long time, unable to believe what he said. "You're kidding, right? You won't say bad things about Wayne even if we broke up, right?" she said. "I won't say such things, unless someone really saw them." Wes said. 

 

He saw tears fell from her eyes. "No... it's not true... Wayne won't do that to me. I... I have to know... from him..." she said as she cried. Then, she jumped out of her bed,and rushed out of her room. 

 

"Yang Yun Qing! Don't go!"

 

Wes said as he followed Sunnee outside the house. Sunnee looked back at him with tears in his eyes. "I have to see him..." she told him. "You know that if you go, you'll just hurt yourself." he told her. Sunnee lowered her head as she cried. 

 

"Don't go, all right?" Wes said as he put his hand on her shoulder. "Don't hurt yourself anymore..." He looked at her with pleading eyes. She had enough heartache, and he doesn't want to see her in pain once again. 

 

"But I love him... I love him so much, I'd rather be hurt as long as I don't lose him." she told him. With that, She turned her back on him, and ran away. "Sunnee!" Wes called. He wanted to follow her, but someone held on to his hand. "Let her deal with it." Wes looked back, and saw Pets beside him. 

 

--

 

Wayne opened the door, and saw Sunnee in front of him. "Sunnee,what are you doing here?" he asked coldly. Sunnee let out a cry as she hugged him tight. "I'm sorry..." she told him as she cried. Wayne looked at her coldly, yet, he consoled her.

 

"I know... I know I'm wrong for prioritizing my work. I'm sorry for neglecting you. I'm sorry if I don't give you the time you wanted. I... I promise I'll make it up to you. Please, Wayne... please take me back...." she cried to him. 

 

Wayne let out a sigh. He knew he still loves Sunnee, but somehow, he began to have feelings for Pets as well. Wayne broke her hug, and looked at her. He then wiped the tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry for saying such things too. But..."

 

Sunnee looked at him with hope in his eyes. Even if he had started an affair with Pets, in his heart, he knew Sunnee is the girl he loves. "I know I'm at fault for being too jealous. It's just that I love you so much, I wanted all of you. I'm taking back what I said, all right? Let's get married. Let's continue with the wedding. I still want to be with you forever..." he told her. 

 

With that, Sunnee let out a smile, and hugged him tight. "Thank you..." she said. "Thank you for taking me back..."

 

--

 

"You got back together with her?!"

 

Pets asked Wayne angrily. She let out a pout as turned her back from him. Wayne let out a sigh as he hugged her from behind. "Look, I got confused. And besides, she was crying, begging me to take her back." he said. He kissed her bare shoulder, and then her neck. "I thought you were going to choose me..." Pets told him. 

 

Wayne pulled her to face him. "We just need more time, all right?" he said. Pets let out a seductive smile at him. "Well, I guess I can accept it for now. As long as I get to play with you..." she said. Wayne let out a smirk, and then kissed her passionately on the lips. 

 

--

 

"Wayne, I'm here!"

 

Sunnee shouted as she entered Wayne's pad. She found the living room and kitchen empty. She looked at her watch, and realized he must be late for work. "Aiyo, Wayne. You overslept again, huh?" she said. She then decided to go to his room to wake up her boyfriend. 

 

But the moment she got by the door of his room, she heard unusual noise. She could hear a girl giggling. She could hear Wayne giggling as well. Then, there were sounds of two people kissing. 

 

"Aren't you going to be late?"

"I don't mind. Just one more round, OK?"

"You are going to be late!"

"Can't I spend more time with you?"

 

She felt her heart beating fast as she listened to the sound inside the room. Part of her mind tells her to walk away and pretend she didn't hear anything. Another part of her told her to open the door to reveal the truth. The logical part of her won, and so, she decided to slowly open the door. 

 

She had the shock of her life when she saw Wayne lying on top of her stepsister. She stood frozen in her place as she watched the two share a passionate kiss. She felt numb seeing the betrayal before her. 

 

Her mind went blank. She didn't realize she dropped her bag, until she saw Wayne and Pets eyed at her direction. "Sunnee?" Wayne called her. He immediately wrapped himself with a towel, and ran towards her.

 

Sunnee got into her senses. She took her bag, and walked away from him. "Sunnee, wait. Let me explain!" Wayne said as he followed her. Sunnee faced him again, and slapped him. 

 

"How could you do this to me?!" she shouted angrily at him. Wayne looked back at Sunnee, and he could see the tears on her face. "Sunnee, listen to me -"

"No!"

"Listen -"

"No! I hate you!"

 

All Wayne could do is hug her as she cried. "I'm sorry..." he told her tearfully. "I'm so sorry...." he told her. She looked at him with anger in her eyes. "I love you. I trusted you, and this is what you're going to do to me? Why her?! Why my stepsister, of all people?! Am I not enough? Am I not loving you enough, huh? How could you betray me like this?!" Sunnee shouted at him as she hit his chest. 

 

Then, she pushed him away. As he looked at the door of his room, she saw her draped in white blanket. She looked at her with hatred in her eyes. She could only look away with shame. "I trusted you..." she told her. Then, she looked at him. "I trusted both of you!" she shouted. 

 

She took off the ring for her hand, and threw it in Wayne's face. "The wedding is off. You two can go to hell!" she shouted at him. With that, she stormed out of his pad.

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

Pets took the pregnancy test before her. "Please... please don't let it be..." she thought as she cried. She took the kit, and saw two lines. "Positive..." she said. 

 

She bit her lips as she slowly fell on the bathroom floor. All of a sudden, she got scared of what will happen to her. She touched her tummy as she cried silently. "My baby... I'm sorry... it will just be you and I for now..." she said silently. She laid on the floor, and just cried to herself.