The Flower Girl

Always Loving You

She hummed as she picked the flowers from the vase. Carefully, she arranged it until she is satisfied with it's design. "Perfect!" She thought.

 

"Sunnee?"

 

She looked back, and saw a taller guy up to him. "Wes ge! How's the delivery?" She asked as she smiled. Wes smiled at her. "Tiring, as always. Where is your sister?" He asked. "Must be at the back, crunching numbers again. And correction, she is my stepsister." She said. Wes laughed at her. "Does it matter? For her, you are her real sister." he told her.

 

A few minutes later, Pets came out of the office. "Ugh, the flower farm cannot deliver the hydrangeas on time for this weekend!" she said frustratedly. Wes and Sunnee looked at each other, worried over the delivery. "Oh no! The wedding!" Sunnee exclaimed.

 

"Cosmos is expecting hydrangeas for her wedding, right?" Wes asked. Pets let out a sigh. "I don't know what to do anymore..." she said as she shook her head. She lowered her head as she massaged her temple. "Maybe the other flower farms has hydrangeas. We can't let Cosmos down." Sunnee said. Pets looked at her sister and smiled sadly. "I already did. But of course, we are not the priority for now." she said. 

 

"Let me see what I can do, all right?" Wes said as she smiled at the two. Sunnee smiled at him. "Thank you, Wes ge." Sunnee said. Wes looked at Pets, and then patted her back. "Why don't you take a break for now?" he told her. Pets let out another sigh as she looked at him. "Wes, you know I can't. There's a lot of things I have to work on. Some documents, the orders, I need to do accounting..."

 

"A little break won't hurt, jie. Why don't you and Wes ge go out for a snack?" Sunnee suggested. Wes secretly smiled at her. He knew she would help him out, especially with regards to her sister."All right, I'm hungry anyway. Wes and I will just grab some coffee. Anything you want us to buy for you?" Pets asked. Sunnee shook her head. "I'm all right. Don't worry about me." she said. 

 

Pets looked at Wes, and smiled. "I'll just go and get my purse." she told him before heading back to the office. As soon as the two of them were alone, Sunnee and Wes gave each other a high five. "Thank you for helping me, Sunnee!" he said happily. "Anything for you, ge. I know how much you like her." she said. 

 

The taller guy blushed at what she said. Wes had always been in love with Pets, but he had no courage to tell her how he feels for her. He's just contented being by her side, and helping her and her sister out. Loving her silently is all he could do for now.

 

"Well, thank you again. I owe you one." he told her. A few minutes later, Pets came out of  the office. "Let's go?" she asked Wes. Wes smiled at her. They said goodbye to Sunnee, and left her alone at the flower shop. 

 

--

 

"I'm off, jie!" 

 

Sunnee shouted from the counter. Pets came out of the office and saw Sunnee carrying her guitar case on her back, and a bouquet of flower on her hand. "Be home before dinner!" Pets told her. Sunnee let out a smile as she nodded her head. "I'll try my best." she said before walking towards the door. "Don't try your best. Just go home early, all right? Don't make dad worry again." Pets shouted at her. 

 

She put the flowers on her basket, and hopped on her bike. She made her way through a familiar road. A few minutes later, she's in her sanctuary. She went to her usual spot - under a big tree where a tombstone lies. She stared at it for a while, and then let out a smile. 

 

"Hello, Wayne. I'm back." she said cheerfully as she laid the flowers on his grave. "Sorry, I was late. I had a busy day at the flower shop today." she said as she cleaned up the fallen leaves on his grave. "I didn't made you wait, didn't I?" she asked again. 

 

She laid her guitar case on the ground, and sat down. Then, she took out her guitar. She strum a few notes as she let the time pass by. Before she knew it, the sun is already setting. She spent the whole afternoon playing guitar on Wayne's grave. 

 

As she stopped playing, she stared at the engravings on his tomb. There, two dates were engraved in it - the day he was born, and the day he died. She stared at the latter date, and suddenly, it all came back to her. 

 

Flashes of memories came to her from that night. Everything happened so fast, and before she knew it, Wayne is gone. As those memories flooded her mind, tears soon began to flood her eyes. She took a deep breath to calm herself down, and wiped the tear from her eyes. She let out a smile as she looked at his tomb. 

 

"I guess it's time for me to go home. I'll see you again tomorrow, all right?" she said as she ran her fingers on his tomb. "I... I love you..." she said sadly. She stood up, and walked away from his tomb. Halfway through, she looked back at her spot. Sometimes, she wished she could see Wayne standing there, waving goodbye at her. But she knew that would not happen. 

 

--

 

"Sunnee, you're home late again."

 

Her father said sternly as she got inside their house. She let out a tired smile, and kissed her father on the cheek. "Good evening, dad! Have you had your dinner?" she asked. Her father sighed, and shook his head. "Let me guess, you went to Wayne again, didn't you?" he asked. Sunnee just smiled at him. "What's for dinner? Mom?" she asked. 

 

Her stepmother came out from kitchen, carrying plates of food. "Ah, you're home. You must be hungry. Come and eat now..." she said. Then, she leaned towards her, and whispered. "Before you hear your father's litany again." she said. The two of them giggled silently. 

 

"Pauline, don't consent her." her father said firmly. "What's wrong with Sunnee visiting Wayne, Jack?" her step mom asked. Her father took a deep breath, and looked worriedly at her. "I'm just scared for her, that it's not helping her at all..." he said in his thoughts.

 

"Let's just eat, I'm hungry." he said as he took his seat. Pauline and Sunnee went to their seat as well. "Where's jie?" Sunnee asked her stepmom. "Ah, Wes asked her out for a movie. That boy... he should make his move before someone takes away my daughter from him." Pauline said as she shook her head. "You know how shy he is. Maybe dad can teach him some of his smooth moves. Right, dad?" she said as she looked at her father. Her father just laughed at him. 

 

"Oh, by the way. Honey, tell Sunnee the news." Jack told his wife. Sunnee looked at her stepmom. "Well, Sunnee, remember my son?" Pauline asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "The one studying in Canada, right?" she said. Pauline smiled at her. "He's coming home to continue his studies here. Actually, maybe he can also help you and Pets at the flower shop." she said. 

 

Sunnee let out a laugh. "Does he know something about flowers? How could he help us?" Sunnee asked. "Just accept any help he could offer. Besides, he wants to get to know you much better. He wasn't able to know you the time your mom and I got married because he was studying abroad. Try to get along with him, all right?" her father said. Sunnee smiled, and nodded her head. "I'm pretty sure Evan ge is as nice as Pets jie and mom." Sunnee said. 

 

"Then, it's settled then! Sunnee, you need to also help take care of my son, all right?" Pauline said. "You got it, mom!" Sunnee told her stepmother.