First Love - Part 3

Always Loving You

"Can you tell me..."

 

He looked at the taller guy. "Who is Wayne?" 

 

He let out  a sigh. "Wayne... is her first love... and what she thought to be her last love..."

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

Wayne and Sunnee sat in front of the piano. "Pick a song." He said. He rested his fingers on the keys as he waited for Sunnee's answer. Sunnee looked at him, and smiled. "Moon River!" she said. Wayne nodded his head, and began to play the song. As he played the song, Sunnee couldn't help but sing along to it. 

 

"Moon river, wider than a mile

I'm crossing you in style some day

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker

Wherever you're going, I'm going your way

 

Two drifters, off to see the world

There's such a lot of world to see

We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting, round the bend

My Huckleberry Friend, Moon River, and me"

 

Wayne looked at her after she sang. "Wow, I didn't know you have a lovely voice..." he said. With that, Sunnee blushed as she smiled shyly. "T-thanks..." she said. "So, aside from having a lovely voice, do you also play any instruments?" Wayne asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "My dad taught me how to play the guitar when I was young."

 

Wayne smiled at her. "Then, maybe one day we could jam. You play the guitar and sing, and I can play the piano." he said. Sunnee nodded her head. "That would be a good idea." she said. She pressed on the piano keys, making a short tune. Wayne pressed the piano keys on his side, making another tune. Before they knew it, they're playing a happy melody. She only stopped when Wayne held her hand. 

 

She looked at him, and she saw him staring at her. "Heart, be still..." she thought as his eyes gazed at her. She could feel her own heart beating loudly, and she was scared he could hear it, and it would give away her true feelings for him. He inched towards her, he was so close. Then, he smiled at her. 

 

Then, the bell rang. Sunnee looked away from him, trying to hide her red cheeks from him. "I... I think I need to go back to the classroom." she said as she stood up. "Sunnee, wait..." he said He held her hand, and she looked back at him. "Can I see you again?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her. "Then, let's meet again tomorrow morning, here at the music room, OK?" Wayne said. "OK..." Sunnee said. 

 

With that, Wayne let her hand go, and she left the music room. 

 

--

 

"This new potato chip tastes soooo good!" Eunice gushed as they were walking in the hallway. "Can I have some?" Cosmos asked. Eunice nodded her head, and handed her the bag of chips. Then, she smiled at the two girls. "I'm so glad I have friends who have the same likes at me... and who can eat the same thing as me." Eunice said. 

 

Sunnee let out a smile. "Is this about Qi Qi and Ah Jie?" she asked. Eunice nodded her head. "Qi Qi would have wanted to eat the potato chips, but it's bad for his health. As for Ah Jie, he always says, 'Xiao Yu, too much potato chips is bad for your health.' and it's so annoying!" Eunice complained to them. She mimicked her guy friend's voice, making Sunnee and Cosmos let out a laugh. 

 

"But it's nice to have these things once in a while, right?" Sunnee said. She stood in front of them, and snatched the bag of chips from Cosmos' hand. "Hey! Give that back to me!" Comos said with a pout. "Look, you almost finished the whole bag!" Sunnee complained. "Give me that!" Comos said. Sunnee held the bag up of her head, so that Cosmos couldn't reach it. Sunnee laughed at Cosmos jumped to get the bag of chips. 

 

"Come on, Sunnee! No fair! Give that back!" Cosmos told her. "Try to reach for it, Cosmos!" Sunnee . She walked backward so that Cosmos won't have a chance to the bag of chips from her. "Stop walking! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" Cosmos said, still trying to take the chips from Sunnee. 

 

"Qing Er Mei Mei, lookout!" Eunice warned her. Sunnee felt her back bump into something, or someone. She tried to take another step back, but she lost her balance. She almost fell on the floor, if not for the arm that caught her in time. She looked up, and saw Wayne smiling at her. 

 

"W-W-W-Wayne!" she exclaimed. "Are you all right? Looks like you and your friends are having fun..." he said, still smiling at her. Sunnee slowly nodded her head. "Got the chips!" Cosmos said as she was finally able to snatch it from Sunnee's hand. Eunice sighed, and rolled her eyes at her. "Really, Cosmos?" she said. 

 

Wayne helped Sunnee to stand up. "T-thank you..." Sunnee told Wayne shyly. "You're welcome." he said. "I'm sorry about bumping into you..." she said. Wayne smiled at her again. "I wouldn't mind bumping into you again." he said. Sunnee looked up at him, and saw him gazing at her again. 

 

"Wayne..."

 

They heard someone call him. They looked back, and saw Sylvia, one of the popular girls, walking up to him. The moment she reached him, she immediately linked her arms to his. "Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you!" she told him. Wayne looked at her, and smiled at her. "I was about to go to the library..."

 

"Then, let's go together, all right?" Sylvia told him. Wayne nodded his head. She threw a glance at Sunnee, then rolled her eyes at her, completely ignoring her as she smiled sweetly. "Let's go, Wayne?" she said. Wayne slowly nodded his head. Then, he looked at Sunnee. "I'll see you around, Sunnee." he said. Then, Sylvia pulled him away from her. 

 

Sunnee felt a pinch in her heart as she looked at them walking away. "That snob!" Cosmos commented angrily. "Don't mind her. You know how mean she is. Wayne made a wrong decision making her his girlfriend." Eunice told Cosmos. Cosmos nodded her head in agreement. Then, they looked at Sunnee who had a pained look on her face. 

 

"Qing Er Mei Mei, are you all right?" Eunice asked worriedly. Sunnee took a deep breath, and faked a smile to her friends. "I'm all right. Why shouldn't I be?" she said. "Because we know you like Wayne a lot." Cosmos said. Eunice nodded her head. "Knowing Sylvia is her girlfriend must have hurt you." Eunice said. Sunnee laughed at them. "It's just a crush. It's nothing serious. Why should I be hurt. And it's expected, right? The school's prettiest and the most handsome guy will somehow have to  be together." Sunnee said. 

 

"Then, if that's the case, don't be sad, all right? You know, I can let you meet Qi Qi. He promised to meet today." Eunice told her. Sunnee just smiled at her. As she turned her back on her friends, She bit her lips. She is hurt seeing Wayne and Sylvia together, but she have to accept the fact that Wayne could never like a girl like her. 

 

--

 

After classes, Sunnee decided to go to the school's chapel to be alone. She wanted to forget what transpired a while ago, but each time she close she closes her eyes, it would take her to that moment he saw Wayne and Sylvia together. She could not forget how Wayne looked at her. 

 

"It's no use crying for them. Wayne doesn't like you... he likes someone else..." she said to herself. Then, she found herself crying at that thought. Wayne is the only person she had liked. She thought that since the two of them are getting closer, she would have a chance. But she found out  that he already have a girlfriend. She's holding on to that chance that he would like her back, but sadly, she know that would not be a case. 

 

"My dad said, a girl's tear is very precious..." she heard someone say. She looked up, and saw a guy smiling at her. "Is he really worth it? Is he really worth it with you being this sad?" he asked her. Sunnee didn't answer his question. Then, he handed her his handkerchief. "Here, wipe your tears. Don't cry over someone who had hurt you. Smile, and prove to him that's it's not your loss, but his." he said. Sunnee smiled at him. 

 

"See, you're cuter when you smile." he told her. "Thank you..." she said. He nodded his head and gave her one last smile before turning to leave. As soon as she's alone, she looked at the handkerchief she's holding. There, the guy's initial was embroidered. "Q..." she said. Then, she paused and thought for a while.

 

[End Of Flashback]