Forgiveness

Always Loving You

"There's something I would like to ask before the surgery..."

 

Brent looked at him, waiting for him to speak. "Is it OK if I go out of the hospital for a few days..." he asked. Brent let out a sigh. "You're still worried about her?" he asked. Dylan nodded his head. "I want to know how she's doing. It's been weeks since I last saw her." Dylan said. 

 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt if I allow you to be discharged for a few days." Brent told him. With that, Dylan smiled at him. "But..." Brent added. "You need to go back to the hospital, all right? We have to do the surgery soon." he reminded him. "Of course, I will be back. Don't worry. I'm doing this surgery because of her..." Dylan told him. With that, Brent just smiled at him. 

 

--

 

Evan settled his sister in his room after he saw her breaking down in the bathroom. He watched her as she drank the glass of water he gave her to calm down.

 

"Sis, what's your plan?" Evan asked. "Honestly, I don't know..." Pets said. Evan let out  a sigh. "Does Wes ge knows about this?" he asked. Pets shook her head. "I don't even know how I will explain this to mom. She's so mad at me because of what I did to Sunnee. If... if she found out I'm pregnant..."

 

Pets cried again. This time, Evan pulled her sister into a hug. "I don't know what to do, Evan... I'm so scared..." she said in a low voice as she cried. "Sis, you still have me. I will take care of you and the baby." he said determinedly. 

 

Pets looked at him. "I... I want to go home..." she told him. Evan furrowed his brows as he looked at her. "Are you sure you want to go back to Canada?" he asked. Pets nodded her head. Evan looked at her for a long time. "Then, let's go back home, OK?" Evan said. Pets nodded her head. 

 

Evan hugged his sister again, and let her cry on his shoulder. 

 

--

 

Sunnee was sitting on her bed and looking outside her window, when Wes came inside her room. "Qing Er Mei Mei?" he called. Sunnee looked back at him. "Hey..." she said. 

 

Since her memories came back, it seems that Sunnee has become a little bit well. Wes thought, maybe she just needs those memories back so she can move on, and be back to her old self. "Care for a talk?" Wes asked her. 

 

Sunnee let out a chuckle. "Wes ge, are you going back to being my doctor?" she asked. Wes shook his head. "No. I want to talk to you as your big brother." he told her. Sunnee let out a sigh as Wes sat beside her. 

 

"How are you feeling?" Wes asked her. "I think I feel much better that before. Since that day I remembered everything, it felt like something heavy was lifted from my heart. But I still wonder... Why did I forgot those last days I had with Wayne?" she asked him. Wes let out a sigh. "You know, a human brain is a mystery. One day, we forget an important memory in our life. Another, it will remember the painful things we want to forget. Maybe after the accident, you can't accept that Wayne is gone. So, your brain suppressed those memories so that you won't feel pain..." Wes explained. 

 

Sunnee lowered her head as she smiled sadly. "I guess I didn't want to forget him..." she said. "You don't have to. He will always be part of your life. But what you need is to move on, to know that he will be happy seeing you happily living your life. Sunnee, you didn't die with him. In fact, he saved you. He wanted you to live for him." Wes said. "But how do I start moving on?" she asked as she looked at him. 

 

Wes looked at her. "Maybe, you can start by forgiving. Forgive those who wronged you. Forgive yourself. And then, you can go on with your life." Wes said. He could see the hesitation on her face with what he said. He put his arms around her, and let out a smile. "Do it for yourself, so that you can have peace." he said. 

 

--

 

That afternoon, Sunnee was feeling much better and decided to get out of her room. As she headed to the kitchen, she saw Pets walking towards her direction. The two of them looked at each other for a while.

 

Sunnee decided to go on her way, but as she made her step, Pets held her arm. "Mei Mei..." she called. Sunnee looked at her, and could see her crying. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for all the things I've done to you. I'm sorry for having an affair with Wayne. I'm sorry for breaking your heart..." Pets said tearfully. 

 

Sunnee looked at her as she cried. "I know you can't forgive me for what I have done, but I won't get tired of saying sorry for all wrong things I've done in the past." Pets said. "Yes, I blame you for ruining my relationship with Wayne. But you know what? I realized, I'm also the reason why Wayne strayed away from me. Because I didn't give him time, I focused too much on my work. If only I had given Wayne my time, he wouldn't have had an affair with you." Sunnee said. 

 

Pets held both of her hands, and let out a smile. "He chose you. He chose you because he love you so much. If I kept your memories from you, it's because I wanted you to remember him as someone who loved you and someone who made you happy. I didn't want you to hate me if you remember those things. But... but I was wrong..." Pets said. 

 

Sunnee find herself in tears as well as she looked at her. She realized her sister meant well when she didn't tell anyone about her losing her memories. And now, she can see how remorseful she is of what she had done. She remembered what Wes told her, that she she learn to forgive so that she could be at peace. And maybe, this is the right time to forgive Pets for what she have done. 

 

"I forgive you, Jie..." she said. With that, Pets looked up at her. She could not believe that she finally got her forgiveness. "Let's make a new start. Let's both move on from the past. Both of us have suffered for so long."

"Sunnee..."

"We both deserve to be happy, right?"

 

As Pets cried, the two of them hugged. "Thank you..." Pets whispered as she cried. As she hugged her stepsister, Sunnee couldn't help but cry as well. Now, she is finally at peace. 

 

--

 

"So, you have forgiven her?"

 

Wes asked Sunnee as they were talking in her room. Sunnee nodded her head. "Didn't you say it will bring me peace? How about you, have you forgiven her?" Sunnee asked, 

 

Wes let out a sigh. "Do you still love her, despite what she have done?" Sunnee asked him again. "She regrets what she have done before."

"But do you still love her?"

"I may have gotten angry at her before for keeping the fact that you lost your memories before, and when I found out that she had an affair with Wayne. But..."

 

Sunnee looked at her brother, and saw the sad look in his eyes. "No matter how angry I am, I could not deny the fact that I still love her." Wes told her. Wes looked at her again. "How about you? Do you really love Dylan?" he asked. 

 

She was surprised when  Wes asked that question. "I do. I love Dylan." she answered. "With all your heart?" he asked again. Sunnee nodded her head. Wes took a deep breath. He doesn't want to hide things from her anymore, and she have to know the truth. "There's something you have to know about Dylan..." Wes began. 

 

Sunnee gave her brother a confused look. "W-what about him?" he asked. "When Wayne died, his family donated his heart to someone who needs it..." Wes said. Sunnee felt her heart begin to beat fast with what he said. "And?" 

"The guy who had Wayne's heart is Dylan." 

 

Sunnee just gave her brother a look of disbelief. 

 

--

 

Brent looked into Dylan's medical records, when something caught his eye. He was looking at his files from three years ago. "The heart donor..." he said. He looked at the name of the donor, and stared at it for a long time. 

 

"Wayne Huang... this name sounds familiar..." he said. Just then, Eunice came inside his clinic. "Brent, ready for lunch?" she asked. Brent looked at her, and nodded his head. "Just give me a few minutes to arrange Dylan's records." Brent said. 

 

He placed the open folder on his desk, and it caught Eunice's attention. She read what's on it, and found a name so familiar to her. "Wayne Huang..." she read aloud. She also noticed that the heart was donated the day Wayne died. Brent and Eunice looked at each other. "Do you know him?" Brent asked. Eunice nodded her head. 

 

"Wayne is Sunnee's dead ex-boyfriend." Eunice told him.