Seeing Him

Always Loving You

"Look, Wayne! The view is beautiful here!" Sunnee said, not looking back at him. Dylan stood frozen in his place after hearing the name she called. The smile on his face slowly faded upon hearing that name. Sunnee looked back at him, and smiled. "Wayne?" she called. Dylan is standing before her, but it's Wayne's face that she's seeing. "Sunnee... I'm... I'm not Wayne..." Dylan told him. 

 

Sunnee blinked her eyes, and this time, she can clearly that it's Dylan that's in front of her. "I'm sorry..." she said as she lowered her head. Dylan walked towards her. He lifted her chin, and let out a smile. "It's all right, my sunset. I know at this point, you're not ready to forget him. But I want you to know that I am here. I hope it is me that you'll see, and not him." he told her. Sunnee just nodded her head. 

 

Then, he hugged her tight. Still, at the back of his mind, he wonders when will she forget about her first love.

 

--

 

Pets slowly opened her eyes, and stared at the ceiling. A tear fell from her eye as she remembered what happened the night before. She's still underneath the blanket. She looked at her side, and saw it empty. "He must have left last night..." she thought sadly. 

 

She got up from her bed, and went to her bathroom. She took a long shower, hoping it will help her forget the night before. But as she touched her skin, she could still remember how Wes touched her. She closed her eyes, and his scent still lingers in her body. 

 

She leaned on the wall, as she began to sob. Last night, she gave herself to the man she love. She lost herself in a passionate night. Even if he despised her for her past mistake, she chose to give herself to him willingly. But last night, she knew, it meant nothing for Wes. It was all for revenge, after all the things she had done, especially to Sunnee. 

 

--

 

Wes sat on his room, looking at the blank wall. What happened the night before should have not happened at all. 

 

He didn't know why he suddenly kissed her, and why they ended up in bed. He had always been in control of his feelings, but last night was different. He knew in his heart he love Pets, but what she did to Sunnee was unforgivable for him. If it wasn't for her hiding the truth, things wouldn't be this way. And if it wasn't for her, having an affair with Wayne, Sunnee wouldn't be in this state. 

 

He let out a sigh, and laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling. "What do I really feel about her?" he thought. "I know I still love her, but Sunnee is my priority right now... I can't be with someone who had hurt her."

 

An option came into his mind. "Should I tell Sunnee the truth? About what she had forgotten?" he asked himself. He let out another sigh, and closed his eyes. 

 

--

 

"Let's have a picnic here, all right?" Dylan told Sunnee. Sunnee nodded her head. He put down the basket he's holding, and Sunnee helped him to spread the picnic blanket on the grassy field. 

 

"I think this is the perfect spot." Sunnee told him. Dylan just smiled at her. He helped her to sit down on the blanket, and then he sat opposite her. "I brought all of your favorites." Dylan said as he opened the basket. "Did you bring the cookie dough ice cream?" she asked. She isn't expecting him to bring her favorite dessert, and was just teasing him. 

 

She saw his lips curved as he looked at her. "How could I not bring that? Of course, I have to bring it because it's your favorite." he said. He opened the ice chest, and showed her the ice cream he brought especially for her. Sunnee let out a laugh. "Mermaid, you're the best!" she told him. 

 

Then, she leaned over him, and kissed him on the lips. After she kissed him, Dylan gazed into her eyes. He tucked her hair behind her ears, and smiled at her. "I will do everything I could to make you happy, my sunset." he whispered to her. Sunnee let out a faint smile. He cupped her cheek as he inched closer. He gave her a long kiss on the lips. 

 

After they broke their kiss, he looked at her, and hugged her tight. "Have I told you I love you?" Dylan asked. "You don't have to say it. I know that you do." she said. Then, she looked up at him. "Thank you..." she told him. 

 

Dylan gave her a confused look. "For what?" he asked. "Thank you for staying with me. Thank you for always putting up with me. Thank you for coming to my life. You made it much better for me. Thank you for loving me. And thank you for choosing me." she told him. This made Dylan smile. "Thank I should thank you as well." he said. Sunnee gave him a curious look. 

 

"Thank you, because of you, I knew what it's like to love. Thank you, because you made my life more colorful. I never thought that in this life time, I would find a sunset as beautiful as you are." he told her. He leaned on her forehead, and closed his eyes. 

 

"Sunnee, I know you wouldn't be able to forget about him. But all I ask is for you to see me. All I ask is for you  to live in the present, and make memories with me. I just want you to be with me." he whispered to her. "I'll... I'll try my best to forget him... for you..." she whispered. Dylan opened his eyes, and shook her head. "Wayne will always be in your heart. That, I could not deny. You don't have to forget him totally. I just hope I would have the same space as he has in your heart." he said. 

 

Sunnee reached for his face, and held it. She felt she doesn't deserve him at all. How could he love someone broken like her? How could he love someone who's sick like her? She know in her heart she love him, but it felt like Wayne is getting on her way of happiness, and she doesn't know why. 

 

--

 

It was afternoon, and they were on their way home, when Dylan's car suddenly stopped. "What's wrong?" Sunnee asked him. Dylan tried to start the car, but it wouldn't. "I don't know. It just stopped." he said, still trying to start the engine. He finally gave up after the 5th time of trying to start the car. "Sunnee, stay here. I'll check the hood, all right?" he told her. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

Dylan got out of the car, and looked inside the hood. "What's wrong with my car?" he thought. Sunnee waited for a long time for Dylan. When she can't take it anymore, she got out of the car to check on him. "What's wrong?" Sunnee asked him. Dylan didn't say anything, and just kept looking at the engine. "I..."

 

He let out a sigh as his cheeks turned red. "I don't know what I'm looking for in the first place..." he finally admitted. Sunnee gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" she asked. "I realized I don't know anything about fixing a car..." he said. Sunnee looked at him for a long time, and let out laugh. Dylan's looked at her, and pouted. "Then, why did you make it look like you know what you're doing?" she asked. "Because I want to look manly before you." he confessed. 

 

She just smiled at him. "Step aside, let me look at it." she said. "I don't think it's the battery... hmm... ah, I see what's wrong!" Sunnee told him. She fixed something in the wiring inside. After she fixed it, she turned to Dylan. "Can you try to start the car now?" Sunnee asked. Dylan nodded, and immediately went inside the car. He tried to start it, but it still wouldn't.

 

Sunnee let out a sigh, as she looked at the engine. "We probably need a mechanic for this." she told him as soon as he got out of the car. "All right, I'll ask one of our family drivers to come here." Dylan said. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

He looked around the area, and it looked familiar to him. He looked up at the sky, and realized it's getting dark. "Hmmm... this is the place, right?" he thought. "Then, we'll just wait for a while, then." He turned to Sunnee, and held her hand. "Do you trust me?" he asked in a serious tone. "Sunnee looked at him, and nodded her head. "Of course, I trust you." she told him. "Then, are you willing to go with me?" he asked again. 

 

Sunnee gave him a confused look. "Where?" she asked. Dylan simply smiled at her. "Just trust me." he told her. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

Sunnee looked up at the night sky from the balcony. She knew tonight is the night of the meteor shower, and had been waiting for it. "What time is it going to be again?" she asked. She let out a sigh, as she leaned on the balcony's railing. 

 

"Are you also waiting for the meteor shower?" 

 

She heard someone ask her. She looked back, and saw a tall guy walking up to her. Sunnee nodded her head. He looked at his watch, and then looked up at the sky. "It should be starting anytime now, right?" he asked. "It should be. I thought it's only boyfriends that are late. I didn't know celestial bodies can be late too." she said with a pout. 

 

He let out a laugh as he joined her at the balcony. "Your boyfriend is late?" he asked. "More like he'd rather sleep than accompany me in watching the meteor shower." Sunnee said. He frowned upon hearing that. "Why would he do that? If I were your boyfriend, I won't let you be out this late." he told her. 

 

Sunnee could only sigh. She let out sad smile. "He wasn't like that before. He would always go with me wherever I want to go. But lately, I feel like he's changed..." she said. "So, are you going to make a wish to bring back the old boyfriend you loved?" He asked her.  Sunnee nodded her head. "That, and I wish for our happiness forever. And that he will love me forever and ever. How about you, what's your wish?" she asked. 

 

He let out a sad smile. "I wish for love to come my way. And I wish..." he paused as he smiled sadly. "I wish for a better life..." he said.  He looked up at the sky, and saw the meteor showers. "Look! It's here!" he pointed at the sky. 

 

Sunnee looked at the night sky, and saw it adorned with the meteors across the sky. She clasped her hands, and closed her eyes to make her wish. He did the same thing. As he opened his eyes after making a wish, he looked at her. She was wishing fervently on the shooting stars. 

 

He doesn't know why, but he felt so drawn to her. "If I were your boyfriend..." he thought. "I will never leave your side..."

 

[End Of Flashback]