A Hug

Always Loving You

[Flashback]

 

Pets got out of her car, and saw Wayne's wrecked car before her. "Sunnee..." she said in panic. She ran towards the wrecked car, to find a man trying to get Sunnee out of the  car. "Sunnee..." she called. The moment he was able to carry her outside the car, the ambulance came. She saw the paramedics took Sunnee from the man's arm, and then they took Wayne out of the car. As they put Sunnee and Wayne inside the ambulance, she decided to get inside her car. 

 

She followed the ambulance until the hospital. As they reached the hospital, she saw the man got out of the ambulance, staying on Sunnee's side until they reached inside the emergency room. "Excuse me..." Pets said as she approached the man. The man looked back at her. "Do you know those people who got into the accident?" the man asked. Pets nodded her head. "The girl is my... sister." she told him. "Then, I'll leave you for now. Both of them are in critical condition, as the doctor explained." the man said. Pets nodded his head. She watched the man as he left her alone. Then, she took her phone, and called Wes. "Wes... Sunnee... she..."

 

Then, she heard a loud thud on the floor, followed by someone shouting from behind. "Someone help this guy!" one of the hospital staff said. "What happened to Sunnee?" she heard Wes asked. She saw the man who helped Sunnee and Wayne was being put into a stretcher, and sent to one of the wards in the emergency room. "What happened to him?" she thought. 

 

"Pets? What happened to Sunnee?" she heard Wes asked again. "They... they had an accident...."

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

He cupped Sunnee's cheeks, and inched towards her. Next thing she knew, he is kissing her once again. She felt his hand on his waist, pulling her closer to him. Suneee felt her heart racing as their kiss became longer and deeper. She knew she shouldn't be feeling this way, but somehow that kiss felt right. 

 

He didn't know what came to his mind, that he kissed her again. Maybe it's the way she glowed under the rain that made him want her. Maybe it's that playful smile before she pulled him to run under the rain. But one thing's for sure - he knew he wanted to kiss he. He wanted to make her feel how much he loves her. 

 

The rain stopped the moment he broke their kiss. He's ready for the consequence - a slap on the cheek or a kick on his shin. He stared at her, and as she opened her eyes she smiled at him. He could see the pink tint on her lips as she tried to hide her smile.

 

"Look... we're... drenched..." Sunnee managed to say. Dylan let out a laugh. "I didn't realize..." he said. Sunnee laughed with him. "I think you should bring me back to the shop before my big brothers worry about me." Sunnee told him. Dylan nodded his head as he smiled.

 

--

 

"Welcome to - Sunnee?"

 

Evan's eyes widened seeing Sunnee drenched in the rain. Tailing behind her is Dylan, who is also soaking wet. "What happened to you?" he asked worriedly as he approached her. "Look at you! You're soaking wet!" he scolded her. "Ge, it's my fault. I ran in the rain with Dylan so we could get to his car." Sunnee explained to him. 

 

"No it's my fault. I couldn't find the key to my car, so we got drenched." Dylan said. She eyed Dylan and secretly smiled. Both of them know it wasn't the case. "Did you know that my sister was sick yesterday? What if she gets sick again?" Evan scolded Dylan. Sunnee could see how angry her stepbrother is. 

 

"Ge, it's not Dylan's fault. It's mine too." Sunnee said, trying to appease him.. Evan let out a sigh. Then, he glared at Dylan. "I think you should go now, Dylan." he told him. Dylan and Sunnee looked at each other. "I'll go ahead, Sunnee. I'll call you later." he told her. Sunnee nodded her head. She watched as Dylan left the the flower shop, while Evan went back behind the counter. 

 

"Here." she heard Evan say. She looked at Evan, and saw him walking with him with a shirt in his hand. "Good thing I brought an extra shirt today. Here, go and change your clothes before you get sick." Evan told her as he handed her his shirt. 

 

Sunnee took the shirt from his hand, and smiled at him. "Thank you, Evan ge!" she said to him. Then, she went inside the bathroom to change her clothes. Evan waited for Sunnee to come out. After a while, Sunnee came out in an oversized shirt. When Evan saw her, he couldn't help but laugh at her. "Ge!" Sunnee whined at him. Evan burst out laughing. "Hey, it's better than wearing wet clothes, right?" he told her. Sunnee smiled, and laughed with him as well. "All right, if you say so." she said. "But you look cute, though." Evan commented. 

 

Sunnee looked up at him, and smile. "Ah, Ge... you dote on me the most." she said. Seeing Sunnee smile that way, it made him fall in love with her even more. But the sad part is, she only sees him as a brother. He walked up to her, and stared at her for a while. "Sunnee..." he called her name. Sunnee looked at him, and waited for him to speak. Then, he pulled her into a hug, which surprised her. 

 

"Evan ge?" she asked in confusion. "I care about you the most." he told her. Sunnee let out a smile upon hearing that. "I know that." she said. "You're the most precious person in my life. And I wish I could always cherish you and protect you." he told her. "Aiyo, Evan ge..." she said as she broke their hug. "You're sounding more like Wes ge lately." she said smiling at her. 

 

He smiled at her sadly. "If you only know what I feel for you, then you wouldn't think I'm just like a big brother to you..." he thought. "Let's go back to work, all right?" Sunnee told him as she went back to the counter. Evan could only sigh, as Sunnee misunderstood what he meant. 

 

--

 

It was night, but Pets is still at the shop. She chose to linger there for a while to be alone in her thoughts. "How did Sunnee met that guy?" she thought. She still can't believe her sister had met the man who saved her life. And now, she's worried that because of it, some of her painful memories would come back. As she closed her eyes, she remembered everything that transpired before the accident happened

 

[Flashback]

 

"Let me guess, you and my sister had another fight?"

 

Pets said the moment she approached Wayne at the bar. Wayne, who was currently drinking his whiskey just nodded his head. "A little misunderstanding about the wedding preparations..." he said. He gulped the remaining alcohol in his glass, and then let out a sigh. "Be more patient about her. You know how she wants the wedding to be perfect." she told him. 

 

"Sometimes, I wonder if I should continue with this wedding..." he said. Pets let out a laugh. "Don't tell me, you're having doubts about my sister? May I remind you, you two have been together since forever, right?" she told him. "But, what if I change my mind?" he asked. He looked at her, and let out a smile. 

 

Pets let out a seductive smile. Her finger trailed his chest as she looked at him. "Well, it's up to you to change your mind." she told him. Wayne smirked at her. He inched towards her, and before she knew it, they were sharing a kiss. 

 

--

 

"Yang Yun Qing! Don't go!"

 

Pets saw Sunnee running out of the house. Wes followed her outside. She decided to follow the two. As she stood by the door, she saw her stepsister crying. "I have to see him..." she told Wes. "You know that it's over between the two of you. You know that if you go to him, you'll just hurt yourself." he told her. Sunnee lowered her head as she cried. 

 

"Don't go, all right?" Wes said as he put his hand on her shoulder. "Don't hurt yourself anymore." Pets heard Wes pleading her. Pets was surprised at what she heard. Is everything over between her and Wayne? Then, it must mean Wayne have chosen her instead of Sunnee. 

 

"But I love him... I love him so much, I'd rather be hurt as long as I don't lose him." she told him. With that, She turned her back on him, and ran away. "Sunnee!" Wes called. He wanted to follow her, but someone held on to his hand. "Let her deal with it." Wes looked back, and saw Pets beside him. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

She found herself crying as she remembered that night. How selfish she is to celebrate her loss? In the end, she was in the losing end, because Wayne still chose Sunnee over her. 

 

"Pets, are you here?" she heard Wes calling him. "Your mom wants you home." Wes added. She saw him peek at the door, and upon seeing him, she wiped the tears from her face. "I'm... I'm coming..." she said. "If you want, I can wait for you outside. I don't want to go back without you, or your mom will be worried again." he said coldly. 

 

She looked at the tall guy, and he could see the coldness in his face. After he found out what she was hiding, he began to treat her indifferently, and it hurts her more. Pets stood up from her seat, and watched him turn his back on her. Then, she ran after him, and hugged him tight. "Wes..." she called as she cried. 

 

She regret doing the things she have done before. She regret that affair, and being the cause of Sunnee's condition. And most of all, she regret telling him what happened in the past, because it made the man she loves distance himself from her. 

 

She felt Wes let out a sigh. He took off his hands away from him. And as he turned to face her, Pets tiptoed, and gave him a long kiss on the lips.