The Accident

Always Loving You

"Dylan..."

 

Brent walked up to his best friend. Dylan looked up at him, and saw the sad look on his face. "What's wrong?" Dylan asked. "Your test results are out." Brent explained. He doesn't know why, but he suddenly felt nervous. "And?"

"The results show that there is a blockage in your artery."

 

Dylan was surprised at what he said. He thought that after getting the heart transplant, he will be OK. But now, something's wrong with him agin. 

 

He let out a sad smile at him. "You'll do anything to make me live, right?" he asked. Brent could see the tears in his eyes. He nodded his head as he looked at her. Three years ago, if such news had reached Dylan, he knew he'd just pray to die. He knew he will not take any treatment to make him well. He had been sick for so long, that he didn't want his family to suffer because of him. And now, that has changed. 

 

"She needs me..." Dylan said with a sad smile. "I found my reason to live, and that is her. She's everything to me. She had been broken before, and I  know, if she loses me, she won't be able to take it. So, I must survive for her. I must stay alive, because she's waiting for my return.  I must stay alive for her. Tell me, Brent. What are my chances to live if I take the treatment?" Dylan said. 

 

"The surgery is a little risky. But, I will do my best to save you, to make you live. Trust me, you'll continue to live for her." Brent said. "Thank you, Brent..." Dylan said as he smiled at him. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

It's been a week since Sunnee and Wayne had broken up again. Instead of crying in her room like the last time, she decided to focus all of her energy on her work. Soon after, she had completed the design for her project. 

 

One night, she came home to find Wayne by the gate. He looked like a mess. He had not shaven for days, and he looked like he just finished crying. "Sunnee..." he called her. Sunnee looked at him coldly. "What do you want?" she asked. "Can we talk, please?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee just stared at him for a long time. She's still mad at him for what he had done. She doesn't know if she can even forgive him for breaking her heart. "I don't want to talk to you. Not now." she said coldly. As she turned her back on him, Wayne hugged her. 

 

"Please... Sunnee... I'm sorry for what I have done..." Wayne said. She couldn't help her tears from falling. As she remembers the time she saw him in bed with her stepsister, it still breaks her heart. "You had no idea how much you had hurt me, Wayne. You had no idea." she told him. She broke free from his hug, and started to walk away from him. But then, Wayne followed her. 

 

"Sunnee!"

 

Wayne called her. Sunnee just kept on walking away from him. Wayne ran after her, and the moment he caught up with her, he hugged her tight. "Don't do this to me, please..." he said as he cried. 

 

Sunnee wiped the tear from her eyes. She tried to take off his hands from her body. "Let me go!" Sunnee shouted at him. "Don't leave me..." he pleaded to her. Sunnee finally cried, and both of them fell on the ground. 

 

"Sunnee, I love you. Don't do this, please... don't leave me... Believe me, I don't love her!" Wayne told her. "But what you've done, Wayne... you hurt me a lot. I don't think I could ever forgive you. Just.... just let me go..." Sunnee told him. 

 

She took his arms off of her, and stood up and left Wayne alone. "Sunnee!" Wayne shouted as he cried. He could only watch as Sunnee disappear from his sight. 

 

--

 

Sunnee went inside the house, and the first person she saw is Pets. She let out a sigh, and looked away from her. As she was about to go to her room, Pets called her. "Sunnee..." Pets called her. Sunnee paused. "What do you want from me?" she asked. "I'm... I'm sorry..." Pets said. 

 

Sunnee immediately turned around, and slapped her on her cheek. Pets looked down as she held on her hurting cheek. "Does it hurt?" Sunnee asked her. Pets didn't answer her. "Good. Because that slap isn't enough to let you know how much you had hurt me!" she told her. 

 

Sunnee took a deep breath, trying her best to control her emotions. "I don't know what made you decide to have an affair with Wayne. But no matter how much apology you make, no matter how many times I slap your cheek, it doesn't take away the fact that you two hurt me the most." she said. 

 

Pets took a deep breath, and faced her. "But haven't you asked yourself? Why would Wayne cheat on you? Maybe you are at fault too." she told her. Sunnee let out a smirk. "Yes, I know in some ways, I am at fault. But you know what, I know Wayne still loves me. No matter how you seduce him, you can never ever have his heart, because his heart only belongs to me." she told her. With that, Sunnee turned her back on her. 

 

--

 

Sunnee just got home, from work that night. As she got out of her car to open the gate, she felt someone pull her forcefully. She looked at who pulled her, and saw Wayne holding her arm. "Let me go!" she shouted at him. Wayne held her tight, making her flinch in pain. "I'm not going to let you go. You have to come with me." he said. He then pulled Sunnee to his car. 

 

Meanwhile. Pets was able to see what happened. She immediately took out her phone, and called Wes. "Hello, Wes? Something happened to Qing Er Mei Mei..." she said nervously. "What is it?" 

"Wayne... he took her."

"What?!"

"I'm going to follow them." 

She ended the call, and got out of the house. She got into Sunnee's car, and followed Wayne's car. 

 

--

 

Sunnee looked at Wayne with fear as he drove his car as fast as he can. "Wayne, stop the car, please..." she pleaded him. Wayne turned deaf as he continued to drive. "Please, Wayne... stop the car!" Sunnee pleaded again. "Not until you tell me you'll take me back. I'm not going to stop until you take me back" he said bitterly. 

 

"Wayne, just stop the car. We'll talk. Just stop the car." Sunnee said as she cried. Wayne pressed on the brakes, and looked at her. "I just wanted you back..." he said as he cried. He looked at her as he cried. "I realized how wrong I am. I realized I was so stupid to have an affair with your stepsister. I'm sorry..." Wayne said. As tears falls from his eyes, Sunnee reached to his face to wipe it. 

 

"I love you. I still do. But it still hurts because I love you, and I trusted you." Sunnee said as she cried as well. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." Wayne said. He took her hand, and kissed it. "I know, what I've done is unforgivable, but I want you back in my life, Sunnee... please..." he pleaded to her. Sunnee looked at him for a long time. She could see how he's suffering and how he's so sorry of what he have done. 

 

"All right, let's start anew, OK? I... I forgive you. I just hope this won't happen again." Sunnee told him. Wayne smile at her. "I promise, this won't happen again." he said. He leaned over her, and kissed her on the cheek. After he kissed her, Sunnee smiled at him. "Take me home, OK?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

He began to drive again, but then, on their way back, they saw a truck that's moving in zigzag. Wayne tried to press on the brakes, but it's not working this time. "Wayne, look out!" Sunnee warned him. Wayne knew they will eventually collide with the truck. He looked at Sunnee, deciding to save her. "Sunnee, no matter what happens, always remember that I love you." he told her. 

 

Sunnee looked at him, scared of what will happen next. "Wayne. I'm scared..." she told him. "Don't be. I'll always be here for you." he said. He was not able to stop the car, instead, she heard the tires screech as he tried to maneuver the car so that the truck will hit his side. And so, the truck hit them. Both of them laid unconscious inside. 

 

A few minutes later, Sunnee woke up, to find Wayne still unconscious. "Wayne?" she called in her weak voice. "Wayne, wake up... Wayne..." she called again. Still, there was no response from him. Tears began to fall from her eyes seeing him all bloodied. "Help... someone help..." she tried to shout. 

 

--

 

Dylan heard a loud collision outside his car. He looked outside the window,  to see a truck and a car hitting each other. Something's telling him to go out and save whoever is inside the car. 

 

"Riley, call 911 for help. I'll see if I can do anything to help the victims." Dylan instructed his assistant. Riley's eyes widened upon hearing what his boss said. "But boss, you -" 

 

Before Riley could even protest, Dylan is already running outside towards the accident site. Riley had no choice but to call for emergency. 

 

Dylan when to the car, and saw a girl and a man, covered in blood. "Help..." she heard the girl say weakly. Dylan knocked the window so that the girl could see him. "Miss, are you all right?" he asked. Luckily, he was able to open the door. He put the seatbelt out from the girl. "Wayne... help Wayne..." she said before losing consciousness again. 

 

By the time Dylan was able to get the girl out, the ambulance came. The paramedics helped to bring Wayne out, while Dylan handed the girl to one of them. He then decided to go with them to the hospital to make sure the girl is all right. 

 

--

 

"Both of them are in critical condition for now."

 

Dyaln heard the doctor say. "Are they going to be all right?" he asked. "That, I cannot say for now. But we are getting ready for their surgery." the doctor said. Dylan just nodded his head, and watched as the doctor leaves. "I just hope those two, would be all right..." he thought. 

 

"Excuse me..." a girl said as she approached him. Dylan looked back at her. "Do you know those people who got into the accident?" he asked. The girl nodded her head. "The girl is my... sister." she told him. "Then, I'll leave you for now. Both of them are in critical condition, as the doctor explained." the man said. "Thank you..." the girl said. 

 

As he was about to step out of the emergency room, he felt a heaviness in his chest. He looked around, and saw everything became blurry. Suddenly, he is out of breath. "No..." he whispered. Before he knew it, he lost consciousness. 

 

--

 

Sunnee slowly opened her eyes, and the first person he saw is Wes. "Wes ge..." she called in her weak voice. "Hey, you're finally awake..." Wes said tearfully. "I'll call the doctors." she heard her father said. "W-what... happened..." she asked. "You and Wayne had an accident. You've been in a coma for a week now." Wes explained. 

 

Sunnee tried to catch her breath, as she tried to keep her eyes open. "Wayne... where... is... he?" she asked. There was no answer from Wes. Instead, she could hear him cry. "Wes... ge... where... is... Wayne..." she asked again. She felt Wes hold her hand. "Sunnee, you have to be strong, OK?" he said. She slowly nodded her head. "Wayne... he is gone." he told her. 

 

Sunnee looked at him. "I... don't understand..." she said. "Wayne got most of the impact from the accident, his body wasn't able to take it. Wayne... he's.... he's dead..." Wes said. Sunnee looked away from him, as tears fell from her eyes. "No..." she said as she cried. "It's not true... not him..." she said. "I'm sorry, Qing Er Mei Mei... I'm sorry..." Wes said. Wes hugged her as both of them cried for her loss. 

 

--

 

Sunnee looked at herself in the mirror. It's been a week since she got out of the hospital. She was not able to attend Wayne's funeral as the doctors advised her not too. She never thought that the night they had an accident, that will be the last time she will see him. 

 

"Wayne... I miss you..." she whispered. She let out another cry. Losing him had pained her the most. The past seven years, she had been with him, and she doesn't know how to live without him. Then, she noticed a blade on the bathroom counter. She wasn't thinking straight when she took it. 

 

Loneliness overtook her. All she wanted to do is see Wayne and be with him once again. They were about to start a new life, and then he left her for good.  "I'll be with you, Wayne...." she thought. She made a long slit on her wrist. She made another slit, and another, and another. As she is losing more blood, she is losing her consciousness. 

 

Pets went to Sunnee's room to bring her food, when she heard a loud thud from the bathroom. "Mei Mei? she called nervously. She put the food on the table, and went to her bathroom. There, she saw Sunnee lying on the floor unconscious, with blood on her wrist. 

 

She suddenly got scared that they will lose her. She just survived the accident, only to lose her again. "Help!" she shouted. "Someone help Sunnee!" Pets shouted at the top of her lungs. She took Sunnee's body, and hugged her tight. Then, she cried. "No, Sunnee... why did you do this..." she said as she cried. 

 

After a while, Jack and Wes went to her room, to see Sunnee in that condition. "Sunnee!" Wes exclaimed. "Let's take her to the hospital." Jack said as he carried his daughter. 

 

--

 

Sunnee slowly opened her eyes to find herself back in the hospital. "What happened?" she asked herself. She pushed herself to sit up from the bed. Just then, Pets got inside her room to find her awake. "I... I just came to bring you food..." she told her. 

 

Sunnee gave her a confused look. "Jie?" she called. Pets was surprised when Sunnee called her that. "W-what happened?" Sunnee asked. Pets gave her a confused look. "You... you don't remember anything?" she asked. Sunnee shook her head. "I can't remember anything..." she said. 

 

Pets was surprised at what she said. "You... you don't remember the accident? Or what happened before that?" she asked. Sunnee tried to remember a thing, but the more she force herself, her head began to ache. "No..." she said as she held her head. "I... no!" she shouted in pain. 

 

Pets decided to call the nurses, seeing how her sister is in pain. She was given a pain reliever, and then fell asleep after a while. Pets decided to stay to look after her. "She lost her memories..." she thought. "Maybe... maybe it's better that way. Maybe it's better that she forget how Wayne and I had hurt her...."

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

"Sis?"

 

Evan saw her sister lying on the bathroom floor as she cried. He went to her, and held her up. "What happened to you?" he asked as he hugged her. Then, he saw the pregnancy test on the floor. "Positive?" he asked. 

 

Then, he looked at her sister. "Sis, are you pregnant?" he asked. Pets nodded her head. "Then, who is the father?" he asked. "It's Wes..." she said. Evan was surprised at what she said. "But it doesn't matter. He hates me for what I have done with Sunnee. I... I don't think he can accept me or our baby..." Pets said as she cried. 

 

Evan let out a sigh, as he hugged his sister tight. "Don't worry, sis..." he said. "If he can't accept your baby, then I will be your baby's father..."