Take Things Slowly

Always Loving You

She laid on her bed while he sat on the chair beside it. She stared at the ceiling for a long time. 

 

"Why is it that when I'm happy, those memories keep coming back?" she asked him. "What memories?" he asked. She let out a sigh. "Memories of him..."

 

He looked at her, and saw the sad expression in her face. "Did I make the right decision? For once, I wanted to be happy..." she said in a low voice. "If you are happy, then you made the right decision." he told her. "But... but why do I feel guilty?"

 

A tear fell from her eyes. "Why is it that when I try to move on, his memories keeps coming back? Why can't he let me be happy?" she asked him. He fell silent for a while, and stared at her. 

 

"Maybe, it's you that could not let him go... it's you that does not want yourself  to be happy..."

 

--

 

"Why the sad face, Evan?"

 

Wes asked Evan as he joined him outside the house. Evan looked at him. "How's Sunnee?" he asked. Wes just let out a smile. "She's fine. Don't worry about her." Wes told him. Evan took a deep breath, and looked away from him. "You can't tell me not to worry about her. Since her date with Dylan, she got sick...." Evan said. 

 

Wes let out a sigh. "It's something we can't control. No medicine can cure Qing Er Mei Mei. Only she can tell when she will be well again." Wes said. "I'm starting to think Dylan is making her sick..." Evan said. Wes looked at him, and saw the worried look on his face. "It's not Dylan. It's the memories of the past that's making her sick." Wes said. 

 

Evan gave him a confused look. "It's her memories with Wayne?" he asked. Wes nodded his head. "So, don't blame Dylan. He's not at fault here. I think he's making her happy instead. I just noticed, when Sunnee's around him, she's at her happiest." Wes said. Evan let out a sigh. "The things I have been trying to do, only Dylan can make her happy..." he thought sadly. 

 

"Don't worry about Qing Er Mei Mei, OK? I'm sure she's going to be fine. We just need to give it time." Wes told him. Evan just nodded his head. Wes left, and he is alone in his thoughts once again. "I want to be the one to give her happiness. I want to be the one who'll make her well again." he thought as he clenched his fist. "Not Dylan..." 

 

--

 

"Sunnee, you have a visitor..."

 

Pauline said as she opened the door to her room. Sunnee looked by the door, and saw Dylan behind her. She let out a faint smile at him. "Hi..." she said. "I'll leave the two of you to talk for a while, all right?" Pauline said as she left the two for a while. 

 

Dylan entered her room, and sat on her bed. He put the bouquet of sunflowers he brought in her hand. "How are you feeling, my little sunset?" he asked. Sunnee let out a sigh. "A little better. But Wes ge doesn't want me to go to work, so I'm here in my room, getting bored." Sunnee told him. "Then, it's a good thing I came to visit you, huh?" Dylan said with a smile. Sunnee just nodded her head. 

 

Dylan gazed at her as he brushed her hair with his fingers. "I missed you..." he whispered to her. Sunnee just faintly smiled as she lowered her head. He lifted her chin, and looked into her eyes. "I missed you too..." she told him. He kissed her forehead, and hugged her. 

 

"I wish I could do anything to make you feel much better, my little sunset..." he told her as he hugged her tight. "Just you being here is more than enough. Didn't you tell me, you love will heal me?" she said. Dylan looked at her, and smile. "And is it making you better?" he asked. This time, Sunnee smiled widely at him. "Everyday that you love me, I can feel I'm getting much better." she said. 

 

With that, Dylan let out a smile. "I'm glad to hear that. You're going to be well soon, I know that." he said. "Well, enough about me. How's your day? Don't tell me you tire yourself today with work." Sunnee said. Dylan let out a laugh. "I had a lot of meetings today. I can't  help it if I'm swamped with work." he told her. 

 

Sunnee gave him a worried look. "Don't overwork yourself. I don't want you to get sick because of your work." she said. "Then, will my little sunset take care of me when I get sick?" he asked. Sunnee let out a laugh. "Of course, I will mermaid. I will take care of you the way you took care of me." she said. 

 

With that, Dylan gave Sunnee a long kiss on the lips. "I love you, my sunset." he told her after their kiss. "I love you too, mermaid." Sunnee said. 

 

--

 

Wes folded his arms and thought for a while. "What do you think?" Dylan asked him. "I think you're right. A change of scenery would help her somehow. But I don't recommend a diving trip, all right?" Wes told him. With that, Dylan smiled. "I'll take her to somewhere she had never been. Maybe then, it will make her feel well." Dylan said. 

 

Wes patted his shoulder. "You really love my sister, huh?" he said. "I'll do anything to make her well. And I'll do anything so she can forget Wayne." Dylan said determinedly. Wes let out a sigh. "First love never dies, didn't you know that?" Wes told him. "But true love can bury it alive." Dylan told him. 

 

Wes let out another smile. "And you're saying that you are my sister's true love?" he asked. "Can't I? I love Sunnee. I will do everything for her. Even if it means I have to be hurt in that process. Don't you think that is true love?" Dylan said. "That is true love, I guess. Then,  I'll help you get permission from Uncle Jack. I'm sure he'll approve, since Sunnee's doctor approves." Wes said, pointing at himself. With that, Dylan laughed. "Thank you, Wes ge." he said. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

Dylan sat on the hospital bed, and looked outside the window. Below, he could see happy couple as they are together. "Why am I not allowed to love? Stupid heart..." he thought as he held on to his chest. He let out a sigh, and remembered the crying girl at the chapel. 

 

He doesn't know why, but the moment she saw the girl crying, he felt a tug in his heart. He felt sorry for her. He knew she's crying for a lost love, and he wanted to comfort her, but he was too scared to do that.

 

"Qi Qi?" 

 

Dylan looked by the door, and saw Eunice walk inside his hospital room. He let out a smile at his best friend. "Xiao Yu." he called. Eunice sat beside him. "How are you feeling today? Auntie said you had another attack last night, that's why you're here at the hospital..." Eunice said. Dylan nodded sadly.

 

"When will my misery end. I jut wish I'll just die somehow." he told her. With that, Eunice hit his forehead, making him flinch in pain. "Don't ever say that! There is a reason you are still alive until now. You may not understand why, but you soon will!" Eunice said. 

 

Dylan let out a sigh. "What's the use of being alive, if I'm always confined in the four walls of this hospital room. What's the point of being alive, if my emotions are restricted. I can't be too angry because I'll have another attack. I can't be too happy, because I'll have another attack. And most of all...  I can't love. Because loving someone will kill me." he said sadly. 

 

Eunice smiled sadly at him. "When  you found the right heart donor, you will be able to experience the things you want to experience. You can get mad, you can be happy. And most of all, you can fall in love." she said.

 

Then, Eunice took out a box, and handed it to him. "For now, you can eat this chocolate to feel what it's like to be in love." she said. Dylan happily took the box, and opened it. Inside were pieces of chocolates. "Can I really eat them?" he asked. "It's dark chocolates. Yes, you can eat it. My friend made it for you, because she knows you like chocolates too." Eunice said. 

 

Dylan looked at him, and smiled. "Tell your friend thank you for the chocolates. I'm so happy I got chocolates from  her. And tell her, one day, when I become well, I will look for her and date her." he said. With that, Eunice let out a laugh.

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

Pets went out of his room, and bumped into Wes at the kitchen. Wes just looked at her, and walked away. "Wes..." she called him. Wes paused for a while.

 

"I know, you're blaming me again for what had happened to Sunnee, But do you know how much it hurts me to see her like that?" she told him. Wes let out a smirk as he faced her. "Now you're bearing the consequence of what you did." he said. 

 

He walked towards her, and cornered her on the wall. "How does it feel now, Pets? I bet you can't sleep at night, seeing Sunnee this way." he said to make her feel more guilty. Pets could only look down on her feet. She doesn't know what else to tell him. The past few days that Sunnee is sick, Wes isn't allowing her to get near her sister. 

 

"Just let me see her, please..." she begged him. "It would be bad for her to see you. Who knows, it might trigger those bad memories again." he said. He leaned closer to her, and whispered in her ear. "Or, she might finally remember what happened before the accident. You wouldn't want her to hate you, don't you?" he taunted her. 

 

Pets looked at him angrily. Then, she slapped him. She can't believe he'll use that truth against her this time. Wes nursed his cheek as he looked at her with resentment. Then, he pushed her up the wall, and forced a kiss on her lips. 

 

Pets hit her with her hands as he kissed her, but he didn't stop. He made the kiss go deeper as he hit her. In the end, Pets gave in, and responded to his kiss. He felt his hand snake up inside her blouse, touching her . Before she knew it, they were inside her room, both of them on her bed. 

 

--

 

The next morning. 

 

Sunnee got inside Dylan's car, and Dylan helped her put on her seat belt. "It's a good thing Wes ge allowed me to go out today..." Sunnee told him. "Well, I asked for his permission to take you out on a date." Dylan told him. Sunnee smiled at him as she pinched his nose. "You're the best, mermaid. So, where are you taking me?" she asked. 

 

Dylan just smiled. He started the engine of his car. "Somewhere you have never been." Dylan told her. Sunnee let out a pout. "Are you sure I'm going to enjoy the place?" she asked. Dylan nodded his head. "You will. I'll make sure of that." he said. 

 

Then, he held her hand, and looked into her eyes. "Today, I want you to be happy. And today, I want you to feel free... free from your past, and free to be who you are back then." he said. Sunnee just nodded her head. "Then, I trust you." she said, With that, Dylan started to drive. 

 

Dylan brought Sunnee to the country side, where there is a small hill they could easily hike. Sunnee was so happy the moment they got on top of the hill. "Wow! This place is so beautiful!" Sunnee said with awe. She looked at the horizon, and could see the city from where she is standing. 

 

"I can see the city from here!" Sunnee told him. Dylan just smiled at her. He's happy seeing Sunnee this happy. "Look, Wayne! The view is beautiful here!" Sunnee said, not looking back at him. 

 

Upon hearing her say Wayne's name, the smile on his face slowly faded.