The Wanderer

Always Loving You

He swam across the blue sea as he took pictures of the underwater life. A little later, he played round with the fishes, and helped feed them. He swam some more, and looked at beauty of the underwater life with awe in his eyes. A few minutes later, he swam back up to the surface. There, the yacht was waiting for him. 

 

He got inside the yacht, and there, he saw his friend waiting for him. "Brent..." he said as he took off his diving mask. "Mermaid." the guy said as he laughed. He simply smiled at him. "What brought you here?" he asked as he took away his diving equipment. 

 

"First of all, Dylan. I'm here to pay you a visit because you missed monthly check up." Brent told him. Dylan let out a sigh. "Should I? I thought I'm perfectly healthy!" he whined. "Still. I need to look after you." Brent told him. Dylan let out a sigh. "And the second reason?" he asked. 

 

Brent smiled, and handed him an envelope. He took it, and saw that it was a wedding invitation. "Sam's getting married this Saturday. He's expecting you, all right?" Brent said. Dylan nodded his head. "I won't miss this." he said. 

 

Shortly after, the two were at the deck, watching as the horizon and the sea as they drank their beer. "I can't believe Sam is the first to get married among us." Dylan said. Brent nodded in agreement. "I can't believe he decided to get married right away." Brent told him. "How long have he and Cosmos known each other?" Dylan asked. "They've been dating for over a year." Brent answered her. Dylan just nodded her head. 

 

"How about you? When are you planning to get married?" Dylan asked his friend. Brent just let out a laugh. "Oh, please. I'm so caught with work, I don't even have time to date. How about you? If you don't spend much of your time here at sea, then you'll find a girl to love. Are you looking for a mermaid to marry?" he asked. Dylan just smiled as he drank his beer. 

 

"All my life, I was told, loving too much would kill me. I was scared that will still happen, though..." Dylan said sadly. Brent let out a sigh. "You had your heart transplant three years ago. You should be fine to feel anything, as long as it's in moderation. And besides, maybe you just haven't found the girl that will make that heart of yours beat." Brent told him. "Maybe..." he said as he sighed. "Don't worry, when you found her, you'll feel she's the one for you. Because your heart will beat fast, and you'll feel like you're unable to breath without her." Brent told her. 

 

Dylan looked at him with confusion. "Sounds like if I fell in love, I'll have another heart attack." he said. Brent let out a laugh. "No, it's not. Well, you just have to experience it to know what it's really like." Brent said. Dylan let out another sigh. He looked at the horizon as drank up his beer. 

 

--

 

A yellow taxi stopped in front of the flower shop. A young man stepped out, and looked at the shop before her. "Fleur du Soleil..." he read. He let out a smile as he walked inside the shop. "Welcome!" he heard from the short-haired girl who had her back on him. Then, she turned around to face him. As she smiled, he felt his heart beat fast. "How may I help you?" she asked. 

 

He walked towards her, and smiled. "I want to buy some flowers..." he said. "Sure! Do you have anything in mind?" she asked. "I don't know. I just need three bouquets for the special women in my life. Do you have any suggestion?" he asked. Sunnee gave him a skeptical look. With the way she looked at him, he let out a laugh. "It's for my mom, my sister, and a new sister." he said. "Oh, OK. I'm sorry, I thought you were -" she said as she shook her head. "Don't worry, I'm a good guy. I'm not a playboy." he told her. 

 

"So, what flowers does your mom like?" Sunnee asked him. "She likes all kind of flowers." he told her. "Then, a carnation would not be bad, right?" she asked. He nodded his head. "My sister particularly likes daisies." he said. Sunnee began to reach for the flowers and prepared it. "And for your other sister?" she asked. "Well, I have not see her, but I heard how cheerful she is. So, I'm not sure what to give her" he told her. 

 

Sunnee thought for a while. "Hmmm.... then should Sunflower be all right?" she asked. "I guess so. If you'll be given a sunflower, would you be happy?" he asked  her. Sunnee nodded her head. "They're my favorites." she told him. "Then, I guess I'll go with sunflowers." he said. She arranged the flowers into bouquets, and handed it to him after she's done. 

 

"I'm pretty sure the special women in your life would be happy with these flowers." she told him. He let out another smile at her. "I really hope so." he said. He handed her his payment. "Thank you. Hope you'll come back again." Sunnee told him. He nodded his head as he smiled. "I will." he said before leaving. 

 

--

 

Dylan went inside the office, and he was greeted by his assistant, Riley. "Hey, what's my schedule for today?" he asked as he settled in his desk. "Mr. Xiong, you have a meeting with the board at 10 AM, a luncheon meeting with the client by 12:30, and a site visit at 3 PM." his secretary told him. Dylan just nodded his head as he listened to him. 

 

"All right, thanks, Riley. Also, make sure to free up my Saturday schedule. I'm attending Sam's wedding. And can you also buy me a gift for them?" he asked him. Riley nodded his head. "I will, Mr. Xiong." he said. Dylan smiled at him. "That will be all. You may go back to work." he told him. 

 

After Riley left, he started his work. He was interrupted for a few minutes by a call from his phone. He looked at the screen, and saw a name flashing on the screen. He let out a smile as he answered it.

 

"Guess who's back!" he heard a familiar voice on the other line. "Eunice..." he said. "I'm glad you didn't forget me." she said on the phone. 

 

Dylan leaned on his chair as he talked to her. "Of course, I won't. Hey, you're back for Sam's wedding, right?" he asked. "Of course. Also, I'm friends with the bride. Remember, I introduced her to Sam. Want me to introduce someone you'll marry in the future?" Eunice asked. Dylan let out a laugh. "Hey, I'm free tonight. Want to have dinner with me and Brent?" Dylan asked her. 

 

"All right. Call that busy friend of yours, all right?" Eunice told him. "I will. I'll see you later then." he said before ending the call. 

 

--

 

"Mom, dad, we're home!"

 

Pets shouted as she and Sunnee went inside the house. They headed to the kitchen, and saw their parents preparing dinner. "Wow, so many food tonight. Do we have guests?" Sunnee asked. "Better. Someone suddenly came home today." Pauline said. 

 

Pets and Sunnee exchanged confused look. "Ah, there he is!" Jack said, pointing by the door. The two girls looked back, and saw a young man holding three bouquet of flowers. Pets let out a surprised smile. "Little brother!" she shouted.

 

Sunnee just kept staring at him. She knew she had already saw him, but could not pinpoint where. "Pets! Sis!" he said. She hugged him tight. "Evan, you didn't tell me you're coming home today." she said with a pout. Evan let out a smile. "I wanted to surprise you all. Anyway, here's your favorite daisies." he said handing her a bouquet of daisies. "Thank you, Evan. 

 

Sunnee looked at the flowers in his hand, and watched him as he approached her stepmom. "Mom, I didn't forget you. For you." he said, giving his mom a bouquet of carnations. "Oh, thank you, Evan. You're so sweet." Pauline said. 

 

As Evan turned to Sunnee, he let out a smile. Then, she finally realized, he was the guy at the flower shop a while ago. "And this is for you, my new sister." he said, handing her a bouquet of sunflowers. She took the flowers from him, and stared at it. Then, she looked back at him, and saw him still staring and smiling at him. 

 

"It's great to finally meet you, Sunnee. I'm Evan, your stepbrother." he said as he extended his hand. Sunnee smiled as she shook his hand. "I'm glad to finally meet you, Evan." she said.