A Start Of An Affair

Always Loving You

"Architect Yang, someone wants to see you." Jack's secretary informed him. He looked up, and saw a younger man enter your office. "Hello, Architect Yang!" he said with a smile. Jack smiled upon seeing him. "Jiro!" he said happily. He stood up from his seat, and greeted him with a hug. 

 

"What brought you here? I didn't know you're back. I thought your father assigned you overseas." Jack told him. "I came back to get married. Anyway, where's Qing Er Mei Mei? I wanted to  talk to her about designing a house for me and my wife." he asked. 

 

Jack let out a sad smile. "Oh, she's at home..." he said. "Don't tell me she decided to be a housewife after she got married?" Jiro asked. Jack let out a sigh. "She didn't get married." Jack said. Jiro gave him a confused look. "Well, she did get married in secret, but not anymore." Jack said. This made Jiro even more confused. "Then, what happened?" Jiro asked. 

 

Jack let out a sigh. "Wayne died..." he said. This made Jiro shocked. 

 

[Flashback]

 

Wayne and Pets laid on the floor, both of them . Wayne, feeling guilty of what he had done, just stared at the ceiling. Pets looked at him, and smiled. She finally got what she wanted, but it felt like she wanted more of him. 

 

Wayne finally sat up, and put on his clothes. "This should have not happened..." he told her. Pets sat up, and leaned on his shoulder. "But you liked it, didn't you?" she said. Wayne looked at her. "Still. This should not have happened. It's just a moment of weakness for me." he told her. 

 

Pets let out a smirk as she drew circles in his chest with her finger. "But it wasn't Sunnee's name you're when we did that..." she told him. Wayne just let out a sigh. "This will be the last time this should happen." he told her. 

 

Pets held his cheek, and kissed him on the lips again. As Wayne felt that the kiss is getting deeper, Wayne pushed her. He stood up, and put on all of his clothes. Pets just let out a laugh. "Don't worry, I won't let my stepsister know about this little adventure you had. But, I can't promise not to control myself when I'm alone with you." she said in a flirty tone. 

 

Wayne turned to her. "I won't let this happen again. I swear. I love Sunnee, and I won't let this mistake hurt her." he told her. Wayne turned his back on her, and left the pantry. After he left, Pets let out a triumphant laugh. 

 

"Let's see about that, Wayne." she said to herself as she smiled. "I know you'll come back for a taste of me."

 

--

 

It was almost midnight, and Sunnee is still at the office, doing her work. She had been working on the project with Mr. Wang, and wouldn't stop until she's contented with the design. 

 

Just then, her phone rang. When she saw it, it was Wayne's name that flashed on the screen. "Hello?" she answered. "Sunnee, where are you?" he asked. Sunnee furrowed her brows. "We're supposed to have dinner tonight, right? Also, the movie..." Wayne reminded her. 

 

Sunnee smacked herself in the head for forgetting her date with Wayne again. "I forgot... I'm sorry..." she said. "Didn't you say that we'll celebrate our 100 days as husband and wife today?"

"I know. I'm too swamped with work. I'm so sorry."

 

Wayne was silent in the other line. "It's not use. We missed the movie, and I lost our reservation at the restaurant." he said. "Look. you know I'm working hard on this project -"

"Working hard to the point that you're neglecting me?" 

 

Sunnee fell silent. "We also missed the appointment with Pets jie and your mom. Also, did you know how hard it is to schedule an appointment with the designer of your gown? Do you still want to get married with me?" Wayne questioned her. "You know how important this project is to me, Wayne." she told her firmly. "Which is important to you? Your work or our relationship?" 

"Are you making me choose?" 

"I just want you think what you should prioritize first."

 

Sunnee took a deep breath. She doesn't want to argue with Wayne since she's tired. "Can we not argue? I'm stressed with work..."

"And I'm stressed about you."

"Wayne..."

 

Wayne fell silent again. "Please, the last thing I need is an argument with you. I'm sorry for bailing out on you today. I promise I'll make it up to you..." she said in her sweetest tone. "Fine. Take care when you go home." Wayne said. With that, Wayne ended the call. 

 

--

 

"Aiyo, Qing Er Mei Mei, don't be sad..."

 

Wes said as he placed a cup of coffee before her. After that phone call with Wayne, Sunnee rushed to his pad to vent out. "You rarely had a fight with Wayne. Think of this as your first." he said as he sat beside her. 

 

"I feel bad for neglecting him..." Sunnee said. "If he loves you, he'll understand how important this project is for you. And he knows you, you're a workaholic. Although, you have to slow down from work, and give him some of your time, attention and affection." Wes said. 

 

Sunnee let out a sigh as she leaned on the table. "Do you think I'm wrong?" she asked. Wes let out a sigh. "Sad to say, yes. And you should make up for it." Wes told her. 

 

--

 

"Wayne, I'm here!"

 

Sunnee said as she opened the door of his pad, she looked at his room, and saw him still sleeping. She let out a smile, and jumped to his bed. When she hugged him, Wayne finally woke up. 

 

"Good morning!" she greeted happily. Wayne let out a smile. "It is a good morning, especially seeing you the moment I wake up." he said. Then he kissed her on the lips. "I missed you..." Sunnee said as she hugged him tighter. "I missed you more. You're too busy with work, I don't get to see you as much as I want to..." he said.  "Sorry for being too busy..." she whispered. 

 

Wayne just let out a smile. Then, she hugged her, and kissed her on the lips. "Anyway, I brought breakfast today. Let's have breakfast together, all right?" Sunnee said. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

As they got out of the bed, her phone rang. It was Jiro that was calling her. "Hello? Jiro ge? Yes, I understand. OK. I will be there." she said on the phone. As she looked at Wayne after she finished the call, she saw him frowning. 

 

"Work again?" Wayne asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "I need to go to the office. Client meeting." she told him. Wayne let out a sigh. "Can we at least have breakfast first?" Wayne asked. Sunnee pouted at him. "I'm sorry, I can't. The client is waiting for me at the office. Promise, I'll make it up to you, all right?" she said. Wayne just kept quiet. He had no choice but to let Sunnee go. 

 

"All right. If that's the case, I can't force you to stay." he said sadly. Sunnee smiled, and kissed him on the cheek. "I love you. See you later, my love!" she said before rushing out of his room. 

 

After Sunnee left, Wayne just sat on his bed. Suddenly he thought of something. He let out a smile as he think of that. "I think I'll just surprise Sunnee at her office today." he thought. 

 

--

 

"If it's possible, let's make the changes immediately. Also, if you can also change the design at one of the rooms..." Jiro said. 

 

Sunnee took note of what was Jiro saying. "OK, I'll work on it, then I'll let you know when it's done so I can present it to you." she said. Jiro smiled at her. Seeing Sunnee this hardworking made him admire her the most. "Thank you for working hard on this project." he said. 

 

Sunnee let out a smile. "This is important for me. This is the biggest project I handled since I became an architect." she said. "And I appreciate that. Hey, I heard you're getting married soon?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "Then, why don't you and your future husband use this."

 

Jiro took out an envelope from his pocket, and gave it to her. Inside is a certificate from one of the luxury resorts he manages. Sunnee's eyes widened upon seeing his gift. "Wow, thank you for this early wedding gift, Jiro ge!" she said. 

 

Jiro just smiled at her. "You remind me so much of my sister..." Jiro said. "Where is she?" she asked. Then, Jiro's face turned into a sad one. "She died when we were younger..." he said sadly. With that, Sunnee became sad as well. "I'm sorry, I didn't know..."

"No, it's OK. It's been years. But I can't seem to move on. Sarah would have been the same age as you if she's alive. She also must be getting married if she lived."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did she die?"

"She killed herself two years ago when her groom left her at the altar."

 

Sunnee let out a sad smile. Then, she reached for Jiro, and held her hand. "I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm pretty sure your sister is watching over you from heaven." she said. "I know. Maybe she sent me to you so I won't miss her that much. So, thank you for coming to my life." Jiro said. 

 

What Sunnee didn't know is that from outside the room. Wayne saw her holding Jiro's hand. The moment he saw her smiling at him, he became jealous. He clenched his fist as he watched the two. It took him a lot to control himself from attacking the guy. Instead, he turned around, and left the office, feeling mad at seeing her with that guy. 

 

--

 

Wayne found himself entering the wedding shop where Pets is. As he entered, he saw Pets is all alone. When Pets heard the door open, she was surprised to see him. 

 

"Wayne! Why are you here? You and Sunnee didn't have an appointment, right?" she asked. Wayne didn't answer. He just looked at her. while he locked the door and turned the open sign to close. "I thought you wanted me..." Wayne said. 

 

Pets let out a smirk as he approached her. Then, he pulled her, and kissed her torridly on the lips. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

"Sunnee... someone wants to see you..." 

 

Sunnee slowly opened her eyes, to see a tall man by the door. She slowly sat up, and looked at him. "Jiro ge..." she called. 

 

Seeing Sunnee weak and in depressed state, it broke Jiro's heart. This isn't the Sunnee he once knew. The Sunnee he knew was so full of life, and always happy. After all, it was Sunnee who helped him cope with her sister's death. 

 

"Sunnee!" he called. Jiro immediately rushed to her side, and hugged her tight. He cried at her. He cried for her. When Jiro found out what happened from her father, he immediate rushed to their home to see her. 

 

The moment Jiro hugged her, Sunnee sobbed. "Hold on, Sunnee..." Jiro told her. "Hold on... everything will be better one day..."

 

--

 

Dylan sat on the bed, as he looked outside the window. Each minute that he's at the hospital, he gets worried about Sunnee. "Sunset... just hold on, I'll be by your side soon..." he thought. 

 

"Qi Qi?" 

 

He looked at the door, and saw Eunice enter her room. "I know you don't like hospital food, so I brought you something tasty to eat." she said. As she settled the lunch box on the night table, he noticed a book she is holding. He looked at it with curiosity. 

 

"What's that?" he asked, pointing at the book. "Ah, this one? It's our scrapbook from high school. Cosmos asked me to bring it because she needed something from it."

"Can I see it?"

"Sure."

 

Eunice gave him the scrapbook, and Dylan opened it. Upon opening the first page, the first picture he saw is the one of the long haired girl he saw at the chapel before. The one whom he gave his handkerchief. 

 

"Xiao Yu, who's this girl?" he asked, pointing at the picture. Eunice looked at the picture. "Silly, that's Sunnee! Remember, we were high school classmates!" Eunice said. 

 

Dylan fell silent and looked at her. "She... she was the girl who gave me chocolates before?" he asked. Eunice nodded her head. With that, he also confirmed Sunnee was the girl at the chapel. 

 

Then, he let out a smile. "Now I know..." he thought. "...why those unknown forces wanted me to live."