The Rival

Always Loving You

"What's happening to me?"

 

Sunnee asked him after that episode of her attack. She doesn't know why she's getting flashbacks of memories she doesn't know. She hated getting sudden attacks, especially when she's out with Dylan. She knows she had to forget Wayne, since Dylan is already in her life, but the more she tried to forget him, the more she gets reminded of him  but sudden flashes of memories. 

 

"Why doesn't he want me to be happy?" 

 

She cried to Dylan. Dylan held her tighter in his arms. He wished that somehow, his hug can take away the pain she's feeling right now. He wished he could answer her questions, but like her, he's also in the dark. He doesn't know what happened before the accident happened, for Sunnee to be like this. All he knows is that she lost the man she loved the most at that time. 

 

"How can I forget him? I wanted to forget him, Dylan. I want to... I want to move on..."

 

She looked at him tearfully. Dylan knew Sunnee's trying her best. She's trying her best to forget him. But it seems like that accident left her more than those emotional scars. It left her with the haunting memories of Wayne. "You don't have to rush yourself. I know it's hard to forget him." he told her. "But I want to. I have to..."

 

Dylan held her cheek as he looked at her. "I know you're trying your best. But if this is just going to happen, I won't force you to do the things you can't do." he told her. She She cried again as she buried her head on his chest. 

 

--

 

Sunnee didn't want to go home that night, so Dylan brought her to his private pad to rest. The moment she fell asleep, he called Brent to come. 

 

"You know, you shouldn't be asking my help for this. Psychology isn't my strength." Brent told Dylan the moment he entered his pad. Dylan let out a sigh. The two of them sat on the couch to talk. "I know. But she doesn't want me to call Wes. What can I do?" Dylan said. 

 

Brent walked over to the room where Sunnee is, and peeked at her. Then, he went back to Dylan. "She seems OK for now." Brent said. "But she isn't when she had an attack a while ago." Dylan told him. 

 

Brent let out a sigh. "Do you even know what happened before the accident that caused her to be like this?" he asked her. Dylan shrugged his shoulders. "I wish I know everything that happened to her." Dylan said. "Hoenstly, Dylan, I can't help you. We really need Wes to look after her. And you can't hide what happened to her. He'll find out eventually." Brent said. Dylan just looked at him, and let out another sigh. 

 

Brent sat beside him as he patted his shoulder. "It's hard to have a rival, huh? Too bad, the rival is the  dead ex-boyfriend." Brent said. Dylan looked at him. "It would have been nice if my love rival is alive. At least, I know who I'm fighting with. But now, I'm fighting with her past memories of him." Dylan said. 

 

"Do you want to give up?" Brent asked. Dylan shook his head. "I love her. I won't give up on her. Her fight is my fight. If she wanted to move on from Wayne, then I'll do my best to help her." he told him. 

 

Brent could only smile at him. He just wished Dylan won't end up getting tired or with a broken heart trying to fight Sunnee's demons for her. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

Sunnee sat alone at the balcony as she looked at the stars. The meteor shower has finished, and the guy she watched it with has just left. She wanted to be alone to think things through.

 

Lately, she had been noticing some changes in her boyfriend. He had been cold to her lately, and would make excuses not to accompany her. Sometimes, she thinks he doesn't want to be married at all. 

 

"Qing Er Mei Mei, are you ready to go?" she heard Wes ask her. Sunnee looked at him, and noticed the sad look on her face. He furrowed his brows as he walked towards her. "What's wrong?" he asked as he approached her. Sunnee let out a sigh. "Nothing. Just give me a few minutes, Wes ge." she said. 

 

Wes sat beside her. He knows her sister is overthinking again. "What's wrong? Are you still mad at Wayne for not going with you?" he asked her. "Wes ge... I feel something's wrong..." she said as she looked at him. Wes gave her a confused look. "Does Wayne want to get married with me?"

"Why do you ask that? Wayne won't propose to you if he doesn't want to marry you."

"But he's being cold lately..."

 

Wes smiled as he put his arms around her shoulder. "Qing Er Mei Mei, it's natural for men to havecold feet before the wedding. How many months till the big day? 2 months?"

"Three months."

"See, three months. It's OK. Don't think anything's wrong with him, all right?"

"But I have a gut feel..."

 

Sunnee looked at her big brother. "Wes ge, what if... what if there's another woman?" she asked. "Wayne isn't like that. You two have been together for so long. If he cheats on you, I will turn him into a pulp." Wes said. Sunnee let out a smile at what he said. "I guess I am overthinking. I guess I'm just a little jittery about this wedding." Sunnee said. 

 

She rested her head on his shoulder as the two of them looked up at the sky. "If he doesn't want to marry you, I will." Wes said. Sunnee raised an eyebrow at her. "You love me too much, Wes ge!" she said as she pinched his nose. Wes let out a laugh. "Ah, you found out my secret love for you." he joked.

 

He then pulled her into a hug. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

Dylan rushed to the door the moment he heard the doorbell ring. He opened it, and saw Evan standing by the door, glaring at him. "Where's Sunnee?" he asked. Dylan could sense the anger in his tone. "She's at my room." Dylan told him. 

 

All of a sudden, Evan grabbed him by the collar. "What did you do to her?!" he asked him. "Evan, wait... I didn't mean to -"

"You know very well Sunnee isn't well yet, and you brought her out?! What kind of a boyfriend are you?!" 

 

Dylan just looked at him. He knew it was fault that he asked Sunnee to go with him. Maybe her attack wouldn't have happened at all. 

 

"Evan ge..."

 

The two men looked by the room, and saw Sunnee by the door. "It's not Dylan's fault..." Sunnee said. She tried to walk towards them, but she lost her balance. As she made a step, she fell on the floor. "Sunnee!" both Evan and Dylan exclaimed. 

 

Good thing Brent was behind her, and he helped Sunnee to stand up. After he helped Sunnee to stand up, he looked seriously at the two men. "Are you two just going to fight over who's right or who's wrong? Can we think of Sunnee's condition for now?" Brent scolded them. 

 

Evan looked at Dylan again, and glared at him. "I'm taking her home." Evan told him. Evan walked towards Sunnee, helped her to walk. Before leaving, he gave Dylan one last look. "I don't want you to be around my sister ever again." he told Dylan. All Dylan coud do as they leave is to watch them helplessly. 

 

--

 

He looked at the taller guy as he folded his arms. "He's bad for her." he told him. The taller guy gave him a confused look. "Who are you to tell me who's bad for her or not?!" he said in retaliation. "Can't you see, every time she's with him, it only reminds her of Wayne!"

 

The taller guy let out a sigh. "Whether he reminds her of Wayne or not, it's not up to you to tell her who to be friends with or not." he said. As he turned his back to leave, he heard a chuckle escape his lips. 

 

"Don't you think I know?"

 

He stopped for a while.

 

"The suppressed memories..."

 

He turned around to face him. 

 

"Those memories she had forgotten when shut down. That time she tried to kill herself."

 

He walked towards him to face the taller guy. 

 

"She forgot what really happened before the accident. She forgot about catching Wayne in bed with another woman. The woman who turned out to be my sister?"

 

The taller guy glared at him. "What do you want?" he asked. "Tell her the truth. And make her stay away from Dylan." he said. 

 

"Why didn't you want her to be with Dylan? I know you love her, but to do things like this?"

"You're not the only one who knew something, Wes."

 

Evan let out a smirk. "Who would have thought... Wayne's heart would end up with Dylan?" he said. 

 

Wes's eyes widened upon hearing that. "I have everything investigated. So, I know everything." he told him.  Wes stared at him for a long time. "And with her being with Dylan would be more difficult for her. Because she can see Wayne in her. You're the psychiatrist. You should have known about this." Evan said.