First Love - Part 1

Always Loving You

She tiptoed, and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Dylan was surprised at what she did. He looked at her, speechless at what she did. Then, Sunnee smiled at him. "I love you too..." she told him. He was speechless. All he could do is smile at her. He could feel his eyes filled with tears as he looked at her. 

 

"Sunnee..." he managed to say. Sunnee just smiled at him. "Then, does that mean that... you're my girlfriend?" he asked to confirm. Sunnee let out a laugh and nodded her head. She watched Dylan as he jumped and shout in joy. "She's mine! She's mine!" he shouted happily. 

 

Then, he walked to her, and hugged her tight. "I love you so much, Sunnee. I can't promise you the sun and the moon, but I promise to be the best boyfriend for you." he told her as he leaned towards her. Sunnee simply smiled at him, and then hugged him tight. But as she closed her eyes, Old memories flashed before her. Memories of Wayne came into her mind. She could hear Wayne's voice in her ears. 

 

"I like you Sunnee..."

"You are my sunshine."

"You are my sun, I am your moon."

"I've been watching you for a long time, and I want to know..."

"Will you marry me?"

"Sunnee, you don't understand!"

"You're Sunnee from Class 2-C, right?"

"I didn't know you have a lovely voice..."

"I. Love. You. My. Sunnee."

"Happy anniversary, my love."

"I'm not going to stop until you take me back."

 

Memories of Wayne driving the car so fast came flashed before her. Then, she felt a pang in her head. She broke their hug, as she held on her forehead. Dylan could see how she flinched in pain, and it made him worry. "Sunnee, are you all right?" he asked. 

 

She shook her head. Her head ached more as she could hear Wayne's voice ringing in her ears. 

 

"Believe me, I don't love her!"

"Let's not get married, OK?!"

"I want you back... please..."

"I'd rather die than lose you!"

 

She walked away from Dylan, as she was scared he could hear what she was hearing. She reached the table, and tried to support herself with it, but in the end, she fell on the ground. She grabbed on the table cloth, only for the plates and utensils to fall on the ground. She let out a loud cry as her head began to ache. Memories flashed to her mind, making her lose control again. 

 

"No! Stop it! Please!" she begged as she cried. Dylan ran to her, and hugged her. "Sunnee..." he called in a worried tone. It was only when he hugged her tight that her loud cried turned into a soft, muffled sob. "Wayne... no..." she cried silently. Dylan looked at her. She was still crying as she stared into space. "Wayne..." she whispered again. Then, she fell unconscious in Dylan's arms. 

 

"Sunnee!" Dylan called her in panic. He shook her, but that didn't wake her up. He then decided to carry her, and take her away. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

Ten Years ago. 

 

Sunnee was walking along the school's hallway with her books on her hand. As she passed by the music room, she heard someone playing the piano. She paused for a while, and to listen to the melody coming from that room. "Hmmm... it's Air in G String. And whoever is playing inside, plays this piece well..." she thought. She noticed that the door is open, so she decided to peek inside. 

 

There, he saw a guy playing the piano. Looking at him, she finally recognized him. "That's Wayne Huang! From Class 2-A!" she said to herself. She decided to stay for a while to watch and listen to him play the piano. She closed her eyes as he listened to him. Just then, she felt her books slowly slip from her arms, and fell on the floor.

 

"Who's there?"

 

She heard Wayne ask as he stopped playing. Sunnee ducked down to pick up her books. She was hoping Wayne would not see her. "Anyone there?" Wayne asked. Sunnee closed her eyes, praying hard that Wayne would not see her. "Please don't let him see me... please don't let him see me..." she thought. 

 

"Hi! You're Sunnee from Class 2-C, right?" she heard him said. She opened her eyes, and slowly looked up at him. "H-hi..." she said as she stood up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you. Bye!" she told him before running away from him. 

 

--

 

"Why would you do that?" 

 

Eunice asked as she laughed at Sunnee's story. They were sitting at the bench at the school's ground that morning. "I don't know! I was too embarrassed..." Sunnee told her. She just told her friends about how she interrupted Wayne's practice at the music room the day before. "I didn't know Sunnee have a crush on Wayne Huang!" Cosmos said. 

 

Sunnee's cheeks turned pink at what they said. "No, I don't. I... I think he's just cool because he plays the piano." Sunnee defended herself. Cosmos and Eunice laughed at her."Sunnee, it's OK to have a crush on someone. Unless, your crush is that cute that lives at your house!" Eunice told her. 

 

"Wes? No way! Wes is just a big brother for me." Sunnee said. "But, he's so cute! Eh, Sunnee, can we crash your place today so we can see him?" Cosmos said. Sunnee simply rolled her eyes at her friends. She let out a sigh as she chose to ignore her friends, who were gushing over her big brother, Wes. 

 

As she looked up, he saw he saw Wayne walking past then. She stared at him as he walked in front of them. "He sure is cute... too bad, I think I'm out of his league..." she thought as she looked at him. Then, Wayne looked at their group. She looked away from him, not before catching a glimpse of his smile. 

 

"Why is Wayne looking at us?" Eunice asked Cosmos. Then, the two of them looked at Sunnee, and smiled. "Maybe, he's looking at someone..." Cosmos teased. "I think so, too!" Eunice agreed. Sunnee just kept silent. But her two friends could see how red her cheeks are. She looked up again, to find Wayne looking at her.

 

"Aiyo, girls, please stop it!" she told her. Eunice and Cosmos let out a laugh. "You know, Sunnee, you're like Qi Qi when he's being teased." Eunice commented. "Qi Qi? Your childhood friend?" she asked Eunice nodded her head. "I would love you to meet him. I think you two would click. But... he's at the hospital at the moment." Eunice told her. "Oh, he's the sickly childhood friend..." Cosmos said. 

 

Then, they heard the bell rang. Classes will have to start soon. Sunnee stood up from her seat, and faced her friends. "Let's go back to class, or we'll be marked as late again." she told them.

 

--

 

"Let me copy your assignment in Math."

"No."

"Please, Qing Er Mei Mei, please?"

"I'll just teach you how I answered it."

"That would be so troublesome!"

"You won't learn anything if you just copy my answers."

 

Cosmos pouted at Sunnee as they walked through the hallway. "Just let me copy, please?" she begged her. "How about you and Eunice come to my house today so I can tutor the two of you?" Sunnee suggested. With that, Cosmos' face lightened up upon hearing that. "Then, we'll just ask help from your big brother, all right?" Cosmos said. 

 

Sunnee sweat dropped at her. She can't understand why her friends have a crush on Wes. "Well, if he's free to help you girls out." she said. As they were walking, she didn't notice Wayne was walking opposite their direction. She bumped into him, making their books fall on the floor. 

 

"I'm sorry!" Sunnee apologized. She knelt to pick up her things, not looking at who she bumped into. "Hello, Sunnee." she heard Wayne say. She paused for a while, and then looked at him. She froze as he smiled at her. "It's nice to bump into you again." he said. 

 

"W-Wayne..." she said as she stood up. She hugged her books as she looked away from him. She can't help to blush as Wayne looked at her. "Are you all right?" he asked. Sunnee slowly nodded her head. "I'm glad. I'll see you around, all right?" he told her. Sunnee shyly looked at him as he went on his way. 

 

"Sunnee... you have a crush on Wayne, right?" Cosmos . Sunnee glared at her. "Shut up, or I won't let you copy my Math assignment." she told her friend with a pout. 

 

--

 

Sunnee was busy finishing her homework when her phone rang. She looked at it, and saw an unknown number calling her. "Hello?" she answered the phone. "Hello, good evening. May I talk to Sunnee Yang?" she heard the person on the other line say. "This is Sunnee Yang. Who is this?" she asked. "This is Wayne Huang..."

 

Her eyes widened upon hearing that. "W-Wayne Huang... from Class 2-A?" she asked to be sure. "Yes. Hello, Sunnee!" she heard his cheerful voice on the other line. "H-h-h-h-hi. Why did you call? And How did you get my number?"

"Well, I got your journal by accident. And I think you have my Chemistry book..." 

 

Sunnee scrambled to check her science book, and true enough. She had Wayne's book with her. "I'm so sorry!" she apologized as she bit her lips. Wayne let out a laugh. "It's all right."

"I will return your book first thing tomorrow morning. I promise." 

"Then, can we meet up at the music room tomorrow morning?" 

"S-s-sure, I will be there." 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Sunnee." 

 

After Sunnee ended the call,she couldn't help but smile,and shriek in happiness. "Wayne Huang called me! I'm going to meet him tomorrow!" she said to herself. Then she let out another shriek. This time, Wes barged in her room. 

 

"Qing Er Mei Mei, are you all right?" he asked her. Sunnee just smiled at him, and nodded her head. "I'm OK. Can you get out of my room, Wes ge?" she asked. Wes rolled his eyes at her before getting out of her room. Sunnee stood up from her seat,and hugged Wayne's book. She spun around, dancing to herself until she jumped on her bed. She raised the book above her head, and smiled. "I'm going to see you tomorrow, Wayne!" she said before hugging his book again. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

Brent folded his arms as he looked at looked Sunnee, who was sleeping on the hospital bed. "We can't see anything wrong with her." Brent told Dylan. "Do we need to do tests again?" Dylan asked worriedly. Brent shook his head. 

 

"Dylan? What happened?" Wes called on Dylan. The two looked at him. "Dr. Luo!" Brent greeted Wes. Wes looked at him. "Dr. Hsu, what happened to my sister?" he asked him worriedly. Brent let out a sigh. "Physically, nothing is wrong with her." Brent told him. Wes and Dylan gave him a confused look. 

 

"But in this case, I think we need your help." Brent told him. Wes simply nodded his head. Brent looked at Dylan, and smiled. "Don't worry about Sunnee, Dylan. Dr . Luo is the best psychiatrist in town. He can help Sunnee." Brent told him.