Run Away

Always Loving You

"I trusted you!" 

 

Sunnee cried as she hurt Pets. "You're my sister and I trusted you!" she shouted at her again. This is what Wes and Evan saw when they ran to her room. The two guys separated the stepsisters from each other. Evan was holding on to his sister, while Wes held Sunnee. 

 

"What's going on?" Evan asked. He was only answered with a cry. "Why don't you ask your sister what she had done to me three years ago." Sunnee said as she looked angrily at Pets. Wes looked down at her, realizing that she finally remembered everything. 

 

"Evan, take your sister away from here. I'll deal with Sunnee for now." he told him. Evan nodded his head, and then left Sunnee's room with Pets. 

 

As soon as the door closed in front of them, Sunnee collapsed on the floor as she cried. "Qing Er Mei Mei, you have to tell me what's happening?" Wes asked her. "I remembered everything. I remembered all the things that happened." she said tearfully. She looked at Wes as she cried. "She was the reason for all of this..." she told him. 

 

Wes was right. Something triggered her to remember everything. He held her close to him as she let her cry.

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

Wayne held Sunnee's hand as they walked by the garden. "I'm nervous..." Wayne told her. Sunnee looked at her boyfriend, and smile. "Relax. My dad will be very happy if he found out we're getting married. You know how much he dotes on you, like his own son." Sunnee said. "I'm still scared that he will not agree..."

 

Sunnee stopped walking,and then faced him. "If he will not agree for us to get married, then I'll run away with you." she said. Wayne let out a laugh. "I think eloping would be a good option right now." he said. Sunnee let out a smile as she gave him a kiss on the lips.

 

"Qing Er Mei Mei, your stepmom is looking for you." They heard Wes calling from the door. "Oh, she must have arrived..." Sunnee said. Wayne gave her a confused look. "Who?" 

"Mom's daughter from Canada."

"Ah, your stepsister."

 

Sunnee nodded her head. "Are you ready to meet her?" Wayne asked. "I'm a little nervous."

"Then, why don't we just run away from here and come back after we registered our marriage?"

"Wayne!"

"Why? Both of us are nervous right now. You're nervous in meeting your stepsister. I'm nervous in telling your father I want to marry you." 

"But eloping..."

"If we run away and registered our marriage, then your father has no other choice but to agree, right?" 

 

Sunnee let out a laugh. "You can do it, and I can do this and meet my stepsister. Let's not both be nervous, OK?" she said. "But, you're running away with me if he does not agree." Wayne said. Sunnee nodded her head. "I will."

 

--

 

"Oh, I thought she's already here..."

 

Sunnee said as she and Wayne got inside the living room. "Who? Pei Ci? No. I just called you because I already announced that you two are announcing something." Wes said. An angry tick formed in Sunnee's head as she looked at her acting big brother. "You...." she hissed at him. 

 

"Qing Er Mei Mei..."

 

Her father called as he took his favorite seat. Soon, her stepmom followed him. "What is it that you want to tell me?" her father asked. Sunnee and Wayne looked at each other. Then, Wayne cleared his throat before speaking. "Uncle Jack. You know that Sunnee and I have been together for so long, and I love your daughter so much..." he began. 

 

Jack let out a smile. "Yes, you can marry my daughter." he said. Sunnee was surprised that her father already know. Then, he and Wes gave each other a high five. That was when she realized that Wes squealed everything to her father, since he's the only one who knew that Wayne proposed to her.

 

"Wes ge! You like ruining moments..." she said with a pout. Wes can't help but laugh. "We all know the relationship will end up in marriage anyway." Wes said. Jack nodded in agreement. "You two could have just ran away and come back when you two already have a baby." Jack said. 

 

Sunnee and Wayne could only sigh at their reaction. Nevertheless, they were happy that her father had given them the blessing. "But the most important thing is... can I see the engagement ring?" Pauline asked. Sunnee nodded her head, and extended her hand to her stepmom to let her show her ring. "Such a beautiful ring. Wayne made the right choice in buying this for you." Pauline told her. Wayne looked at Sunnee, and smiled at her. "Of course. I only want the best for my love." he said, then kissed her on the cheek. 

 

Just then, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Wes volunteered as he ran to the door. As he opened it. He is greeted by a sweet smile from a girl. "Hi. I'm Pei Ci, Pauline's daughter." the girl said. Wes felt his cheek turn red as he smiled shyly back at her. "Oh, hi. I'm Wes..." he introduced himself. "You're Uncle Jack's son, right?" she asked. "Well, technically, you're correct. I'm the adopted son. Come in, everyone's waiting for you." he said. He helped her with her bags as she got inside the house. 

 

"Uncle Jack, Aunt Pauline! Pei Ci is here!" Wes said. Pauline got up from her seat to greet her daughter. "Pets!" Pauline said happily. The two gave each other a hug. "Oh, I'm so happy that you are back here." Pauline told her daughter. Pets smiled at her mom. "I missed you too, mom." she said. 

 

She looked over at Sunnee, and smiled at her. "You must be my new sister?" she asked as she approached Sunnee. Sunnee smiled at her. "Hello, jie. I'm Sunnee. It's nice to meet you." Sunnee told her. Pets smiled, and hugged her. "Hello, my new sister! I'm so happy to finally meet you!" she said. As she let her go, she looked at Wayne, who is standing right beside her. 

 

"Oh, by the way, Pets jie. This is my fiance, Wayne." Sunnee said to Pets. Pets smiled at her, as she extended her hand. "It's nice to meet you,  Wayne." she said. Wayne smiled, and took her hand. "It's nice to meet you too, Pets." he said. 

 

Pets smiled flirtatiously at him, making Wayne a little bit uncomfortable. "Since Pei Ci is here, can we go and eat now? I'm hungry." Wes said, as he rubbed his tummy. Sunnee raised an eyebrow at her brother. "You're always hungry." she pointed out. Wes let out a pout. "I'm a growing boy, right Uncle Jack?" he said. Jack and Pauline just let out a laugh. 

 

--

 

After dinner, Sunnee and Wayne are back in the garden. "So, now that dad agreed for us to get married, let's start planning for it, OK?" Sunnee said. Wayne looked at her and held her hand. "I'm going to work hard to give you the wedding you want." he said. Sunnee looked at him, and smiled. She reached for his cheek. "I'm good with whatever wedding ceremony you can give me. As long as we can be together for the rest of our lives." she said. 

 

Wayne leaned down on her, and gave her a long kiss on the lips. After they broke their kiss, he gazed at her, and smiled at her. "Hey, I have an idea..." he told her. Sunnee gave him a curious look. Wayne let out a smile as he leaned on her ears. "Run away with me now." he whispered to her. 

 

Sunnee's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Wayne!" she exclaimed. "Your father said we could have just ran away..." he said. Sunnee let out a laugh. She doesn't know if Wayne's being serious right now. "You know my dad, he's just kidding." she told him. 

 

He held her other hand as he looked into her eyes. "I can't wait to get married to you. How about we do it now?" he said. Sunnee was speechless. Now, she knows Wayne is being serious. "As in now?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. "We have time before the office closes. We can run there and register our marriage now, and then nobody can separate us ever." Wayne said. Sunnee let out a laugh. Then, she nodded her head. "Let's get out of here?" she asked. Wayne smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

They looked around to see if any anybody's watching them. When the coast is clear, the two of them ran away. What they didn't know is that the whole time, Pets was watching them, and listening to them. The whole time she was watching them, she had her eyes on Wayne. 

 

"I want him..." she thought. Then, she let out an evil smirk. "I'm going to get him for myself."

 

--

 

"Congratulations, Mr. And Mrs. Huang." 

 

The officer who registered their marriage told them. Good thing Sunnee and Wayne got inside the office at the last minute, and they were able to get married. They shook the officer's hand, and smiled. "Thank you." Sunnee said. 

 

As they got out of the building, Sunnee could still not believe she's finally his wife. Wayne was the happiest, as finally, he's married to her. "I'm pretty sure they'll be shocked to find out we're finally married." Wayne said. "I don't know how I will tell them. Hey, do you think we find the right time to tell them we're married?" Sunnee said. 

 

Wayne paused, and looked at her. "Well, if that's what you want. After all, we're about to get married anyway. They'll find out sooner or later." he said. Sunnee smiled, and kissed him on the cheek. "You're the best, husband." she said. Wayne hugged her, and took a deep breath. "I can't believe you're my wife now. I'm so happy." Wayne said. Then, he leaned on her ears, and whispered something. "Should we have our honeymoon now?" he whispered to her. 

 

Sunnee giggled, and hit arm. "Hey!"  she said. Then, Wayne carried her bridal style. "Whether you like it or not, I'll take you home. Our home." he told her. Sunnee smiled at him as she put her arms around his neck. "I won't mind going home with my husband!" she said. Wayne kissed her on the lips before taking her away. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

Wes was surprised at what Sunnee told him. "You... you married Wayne?!" he asked. Sunnee, who is lying on his lap, just nodded his head. "That's why it hurts more... because we're married. He cheated on me after we secretly married..." Sunnee said in a low voice. 

 

Wes brushed her hair with his finger as she looked at her. "We're so in love. We wanted to be together for the rest of our lives... I thought he felt the same way... but she... she got in our way..." Sunnee said. Tears fell from her eyes once again as she remembered what happened. 

 

--

 

Dylan slowly opened his eyes, and was greeted by the white ceiling of the hospital room. "Nothing's wrong with him." he heard Brent said. "It's probably stress. Maybe due to work or to what's happening to him..."

 

Dylan tried to sit up, as he listened to the conversation. "Are you sure? Double check it. Triple check it. We can't let this happen again!" a familiar voice said. "Eunice?" he thought. He heard Brent let out a sigh. "Eunice, I know you're worried about Dylan. But trust me on this." he said.

"No!" Eunice said. 

 

He heard Eunice cry. "We can't lose Qi Qi, you know that, Ah Jie. We almost lost him before! Please, Ah Jie, please..." Eunice pleaded him. Brent let out a sigh. He hugged his friend and let her cry on his shoulder. "I won't let that happen, Xiao Yu. Trust me." he said. 

 

"Please..." Eunice pleaded as she cried. "Please save him... for Sunnee...." 

 

Upon hearing that name, Dylan looked out of the window. "Sunnee needs me know..." he thought. In a flash, he made a decision. He got out of his bed and took off the dextrose from his hand. Then, he ran out of his room.