Letting Go

Always Loving You

"He... had Wayne's heart?"

 

Sunnee could not believe what Wes has told her. That's why he felt so familiar the first time they met. That's why it seems like Dylan knows her well. That's why she always sees Wayne in him. She didn't realize that he had his heart. 

 

Suddenly, she felt confused. Does she really love Dylan for who he is, or did she love him because she could see Wayne in him? "Why does it have to be him?" she asked. "Maybe that heart is meant to love you for a long time." Wes told her. 

 

Sunnee looked at him. "Wayne loved you so much, that he wanted his heart to continue beating for you." Wes said."But... it felt like I only loved Dylan because I see Wayne in him..."

"But you love him. You truly love him, right?"

"Yes."

"Then, even if you found this truth, your love for him shouldn't waver..."

 

Sunnee just let out a sigh as she looked outside the window. Even if she knew she loves Dylan, somehow, she felt confused. 

 

--

 

Wes and Sunnee went out of the room, and saw Evan, Pets and their parents by the living room. But the looks of it, it seems that they are having a serious talk. "Mom, dad?" Sunnee asked as they approached them. "Oh, Qing Er Mei Mei, you're here..." Jack said. "What's happening, Uncle Jack?" Wes asked. 

 

Wes eyed Pets, but she looked away from him. "Evan and Pets have decided to go back to Canada." Pauline told them. Sunnee's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Jie?" she asked. Pets looked at Sunnee, and smiled at her. "I realized I miss home, so I decided to go back to Canada with Evan." Pets told her. Then, Sunnee eyed Evan, but he looked away from her. 

 

"When have you decided to leave? Is it because of me?" Sunnee asked worriedly. Jack shook his head. "Qing Er Mei Mei, this is they're own decision. It's not your fault, so don't blame yourself, OK?" Jack told her daughter. 

 

As Wes looked at Pets, he knew there's another reason as to why she suddenly decided to leave. He could only let out a sigh as he think of how far she will be away from him. Evan looked at Sunnee, and seeing how well she is recently, he decided it's time for him to go. It would be easier for him to forget her if he's a thousand miles away from her. 

 

Wes looked at Sunnee, and saw the sad expression on her face. "Hey, don't worry. I'm still here. And besides, your sister and your brother will be back soon. It's just a vacation, right?" Wes said. He looked at Pets, hoping she'll say she'll be back soon, but she looked away from him. "I don't know when I will be able to come back..." Pets said. 

 

He felt his heart break upon hearing that. "I guess she wanted to leave because of me...because I've hurt her so much..." Wes thought. "Aiyo, no need to be sad for now. We still have days ahead as a family. Let's enjoy it, all right?" Jack said. Everyone was just silent, and didn't answer him. 

 

--

 

The next day. 

 

Wes passed by the bathroom, to find Pets vomiting. Lately, he noticed that Pets seems to have morning sickness, and always vomits every morning. He's worried about her, that she might be sick. 

 

"Pets, are you all right?" he asked. He went inside the bathroom, and rubbed her back as she puked. "I'm OK..." she said as she wiped . "What's happening to you? You've been like this the past few days..." Wes said. "I'm OK. I might have eaten something that upset my tummy. Don't worry about me." she said. 

 

After she washed her face and , she left the bathroom, leaving him alone. Wes could only sigh as he watched her leave. He is concerned about her, after all, he still loves her. He was about to leave the bathroom, when he noticed a pregnancy test kit on the trash bin. Curious, he took it, and saw it has two lines. "Someone's pregnant?" he thought. 

 

He knew it can't be Sunnee, and Pauline is far from mind. And then it hit him. "Pets is pregnant?" he asked himself. He felt his heart began to beat fast. If she is pregnant, then it means he's going to be a father soon. 

 

--

 

"Are we just going to leave without telling mom or even Wes about your pregnancy?" Evan asked his sister. Pets just nodded her head. "Wes doesn't have to know. I guess, it's for the best... and didn't you tell me you're going to be my baby's father figure?" Pets said. Evan nodded his head. 

 

"How about you? You want to leave because you want to forget Sunnee, right?" Pets asked. Evan let out a sigh. "Sometimes, to forget a love, you need to be a thousand miles away..." Evan said. Pets smiled at him. "I know one day you'll get over her. It's just that... all the things that happened to her is my fault."

"Sis, don't blame yourself."

"Well, it's true. Being the brat that I am, I tried to seduce Wayne away from her. I was so scared she'll hate me, so I didn't tell the doctors she shut down some memories before the accident."

"You didn't tell her the lost memories because you thought it would be the best for her."

 

Pets let out a sigh. "But it made the man I love hate me most. And so, here I am, alone with my baby..." she said as she touched her tummy. Evan felt sorry for her sister. She was trying to be strong, but he knew that was just her front. He wished he could do something to make her feel better. 

 

--

 

She found herself in a field of sunflowers. The sky above her were painted in oranges and yellow. She continued to walk her path as she looked for her way out. But at the end of the path, she saw a familiar figure. 

 

"Wayne..."

 

She called. She had memorized his back before, and she knew it's him. She walked towards him as he slowly faced her. The more she got near him, the more she could see clearly his smiling face. "Sunnee..." he called. 

 

After a while, both of them were standing face to face. She smiled at him, happy that she was able to see him once again. She hugged him, and the moment she did that, tears fell from her eyes. "I missed you... Why did you have to leave me soon?" she asked as she cried. "Because I love you..."

 

Wayne broke their hug, and he looked at her. He smiled at her as he cupped her cheek. "It's enough for me to know that you had lived, that you're alive and well..." he said. He wiped the tears from her cheek. "This is my fate, to love you until the last days of my life. I'm sorry if I left you too soon. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to grow old with you. If only I hold my time, I'll be with you forever. But this is the end for me. And this is where our love story have to end. Because I know there is someone who can love you more that I can. Fate has something else in store for you. And fate has meant someone for you." 

 

Sunnee smiled at him as she cried. "I may not be that person that will love you for the rest of your life, but I know he will. He can give you more happiness than what I had given you before. And I know, he won't hurt you like I did. I know, you're getting confused because of what you found out, but trust me on this. The man who had my heart loves you truly, so don't ever doubt that." Wayne said. 

 

Then, Wayne hugged her tight again. "Is this our final goodbye?" she asked him.  Wayne nodded his head. "I will miss you, my sunny girl. But you have to learn to let me go... you have a full life ahead of you, and you need to live it. Don't be chained to our past anymore." he said. "Thank you for loving me, Wayne... I will miss you..." she said. 

 

Then, everything faded before her. 

 

Sunnee slowly woke up. As she opened her eyes, she sat up, she let out a smile. "Goodbye, Wayne..." she said. "And thank you..."

 

--

 

Sunnee  decided to go to Wayne's grave that day. She brought with her some sunflowers to put on his tomb. "Hello, Wayne... I'm here again..." she said after putting the flowers on his tomb. "I know, we already said goodbyes in my dream, but I want to finally say it here in your grave. Goodbye, my love. Thank you for the past seven years that you loved me. From now on, I will try to let you go..." she said. 

 

As she turned around, she found Dylan walking up to her. "Dylan?" she called. Dylan smiled at her as he walked to Wayne's grave. "I came here to pay my respect to him." Dylan told Sunnee. Sunnee fell silent as she looked at him. 

 

"I just found out from Brent that he was the one who gave me my new heart..." Dylan said. "I... I know." Sunnee said. Dylan looked at her, and held her hand. "Now that you know about it, do you still feel the same way for me?" he asked her. Sunnee looked at him. "Because I loved you even during the times I still didn't have his heart. Those missed chances we had, those times we bumped into each other, not knowing we have seen each other before. I loved you even before I knew you. I may have his heart, but it's still me that loved you." Dylan told her. 

 

Sunnee let out a sigh. "I admit, when I found out about it, I got confused. Because I see Wayne in you. But then, it's still you. You're still the Dylan that I love. I know there is still a difference between the two of you." Sunnee said. 

 

Then, she looked at him, and smiled. "I came here to say goodbye to him. It's about time, right? I've been a prisoner of his memories for three years, and I should be happy." she said. Dylan smiled at her as he held her hand. "Then, you're ready to let him go?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "I am... so that I can love you fully with all my heart." Sunnee said. 

 

Dylan pulled her into a hug. "I love you, Sunnee. I love you..." he said to her. "I love you too, Dylan." Sunnee told him. Dylan broke their hug, and looked at Wayne's grave. "Wayne, you can be at ease now. I promise I will love Sunnee, and will take care of her." Dylan said. Sunnee looked at him, and smiled. "Now, I believe those words you said in my dreams, Wayne. Thank you for letting me go..." she thought. 

 

Then, the two of them turned to leave his grave. After a few steps, Dylan felt another heaviness in his chest. He clutched his chest as he flinched in pain. Sunnee looked at him worriedly. "Dylan, what's wrong?" she asked. Dylan tried to smile. "Don't mind me... I'm OK..." he said. 

 

Then, his vision became blurry. "No, please... not now... not in front of her..." he thought. Then, he fell on the ground. "Dylan!" Sunnee shouted. 

 

The last thing he saw before he lost conscious is Sunnee's face.