Heart Beats

Always Loving You

"Tell me the truth." Wes insisted as he held onto Pets' shoulders. Tears fell from her eyes as she looked away from him. "What do you mean she doesn't remember anything before the accident. You know very well that was the very reason Sunnee was in this position in the first place!" Wes told her. 

 

"I... I only found out recently..." Pets finally confessed. "I don't know what exactly happened to her, all right? All I know is that after that time she tried to take her own life..." 

 

Wes stared at her. Weakly, he let go of her. "She shut down, didn't she?" he asked. Pets slowly nodded her head. "And after that shut down, she forgot those painful moments with Wayne?" he asked again. "It's better that way..." Pets said in a low voice. "Let her forget it, or she will hate me again..."

 

Then, she looked at Wes' eyes. "I am the reason why Sunnee got hurt." she told him. Wes could not believe what she said. "I am that girl, Wes. I am the girl she saw with him that night."

 

--

 

"Are you sure you're OK with walking?" Dylan asked as they walked back to the flower shop. "I am. You should worry about yourself though." Sunnee said. Dylan smiled at him. "I have a tough heart now. I can walk no matter how far it is. Besides, we ate a lot, so we need to walk so." he told her. 

 

"How tough is your heart? Can it take too many heartbreaks?" she asked. Dylan put his hand on his pocket as he sighed. "I never knew what a heartbreak feels. I told you, I wasn't allowed to be in love before. The mere feeling would kill me." 

"Love can somehow kill anyway, whether you have a weak heart or a strong heart."

 

Dylan looked at her, and saw her smiling sadly. "I wish anyone who had their heartbroken could have a heart transplant, so that they won't feel the pain anymore, right?" she asked. "I don't know about that. All I know is that whether my heart gets hurt or not, I don't want another heart transplant." he said. Sunnee looked at him with confusion. "Why?" she asked. "Because I'm scared I might forget to love the people I love the most." he said. 

 

Sunnee stared at him, while Dylan and let out a smile at her. "But... the people you love before your heart transplant, you didn't forget to love them, right?" she asked. Dylan nodded his head. "But what if I did? I think that would be a scary thought. But you know, what I'm thank about my new heart?"

"What is it?"

"That now, I can love someone freely. I can now love with all my might. And I found the girl I want to love..."

 

Dylan gazed into her eyes, and he reached for her have. The two of them stared at each other for a long time. Then, a motorcycle sped past beside them. Dylan immediately pulled Sunnee into a hug to protect her. "Hey!" he shouted angrily at the driver. 

 

As Dylan hugged her, Sunnee looked up at him. "Why do I feel warm inside his arms?" she thought. Then, she heard his heart beating loudly. Dylan heard it too, and he looked at her. "Can she hear my heart beat? Does it really beat this loud when you're holding the one you love?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee felt conscious with they way he is holding her, and Dylan could feel her aloofness. "Sorry about that..." he said as he let her go. "Are you all right? You're not hurt, right?" he asked worriedly. Sunnee nodded her head. "I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me." she said. 

 

They continued walking, until they reached the flower shop. "I guess this is my stop." Sunnee told him. "I had fun today. I hope you did too." he told her. "I enjoyed your company, Dylan." she said. "Then, can we go out again some other time?" he asked. Sunnee let out a laugh. "Are you that interested in me?"

"Why? What's wrong if I'm interested with you?"

"I just never thought a guy like you would like a girl like me." 

"Believe me when I say I do."

"Then, I'll see you soon, Dylan." 

 

She waved goodbye to him before going inside the flower shop. As he watched her leave, Dylan could only silently cheer for himself. "Yes! One point, Dylan Xiong!" he thought. 

 

--

 

"What do you mean? Pets?" Wes asked again. Pets lowered her head as she cried. "You're the girl Wayne had a one night stand with? The one Sunnee caught in his bed?" he asked again. Pets put his hands away from her, and turned her back on him. 

 

Wes felt defeated and betrayed. Not only did Pets hid the fact that there's an important memory that Sunnee forgot, he felt betrayed because the girl he secretly love had an affair with the man Sunnee loves. "No wonder, you wanted to keep that memory from her..." he said. "I'm sorry..." she said as she cried. "I regret what I did. I regret hurting her. But... but it wasn't just my fault!" she said. 

 

He felt conflicted. He wanted to protect Sunnee from being hurt, but keeping that memory for her, he knew it will just worsen everything. "She's fine. She's doing fine. Just let her remember that she loved Wayne the most. Let her remember that..."

"But you know that the more she convince herself that she love Wayne, the more it will be hard for her." 

 

Wes just stared at her. Everything he found out today was too much for him to digest. "Then, let's keep this for now." he told her. Pets slowly looked back to him. "One day, she will remember everything. Until that day comes, let's keep that secret of yours." Wes finally decided. Pets stared at him. "Wes?" she called. 

 

This time, it's Wes' turn to turn his back at her. "I just can't believe you can betray your sister this way." he told her. 

 

--

 

"Evan ge!"

 

Evan looked up, and saw Sunnee entering the flower shop. "Yo, Sunnee. How's lunch?" he asked. "I'm so full." he said. Evan let out a faint smile. When he saw Sunnee with another guy, he felt jealous. How could that guy make her smile with no effort at all, while he did all his best to make her smile?

 

"Seems like you had fun with your friend, huh?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "He's fun to be with." she said as started to arrange the flowers. "H-how long... how long have you known that guy?" Evan asked. Sunnee paused for a while to think. "A few weeks, I guess. I met him at the wedding. Then, he came here the other day to buy flowers, and asked for my number." she said. 

 

He let out a sad smile. By the looks of it, Sunnee seems to be interested in Dylan. "Do you like him?" he asked bravely. He didn't want to know the answer, and yet he asked that question. He wanted to know if he would still have a chance, or not. "It's too early to say that..."

 

Then, Sunnee turned to him, and smiled. "But having a new friend is nice, right?" she asked. Evan nodded his head. "Yeah, a new friend is nice..." Evan said. "By the way, where's Wes ge and Pets jie?" she asked. "They're inside the office, discussing some things, I guess. They've been inside for a long time." 

"Must be too serious then."

"Could be."

 

Sunnee walked towards him. "Ah, Evan ge..." she said as he held his hand. Feeling the warmth of her palm, Evan could feel his heart beating fast. It doesn't help that Sunnee is smiling at her. "Can you go with me later after we close the shop? I wanted to buy something at street market." she asked. 

 

Evan let out a smile. "Sure." he told her. "Thanks!" she said. Seeing Sunnee this happy made him happy as well. Because he knew, the first time he saw her, he wanted to keep her happy. He knew the first time he saw her, his heart started to beat for her. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

He slapped his face, and all he could do is look away from him. "How could you do this to me?!" she shouted angrily at him. Wayne looked back at Sunnee, and he could see the tears on her face. "Sunnee, listen to me -"

"No!"

"Listen -"

"No! I hate you!"

 

All Wayne could do is hug her as she cried. "I'm sorry..." he told her tearfully. "I'm so sorry...." he told her. Then, she pushed him away. As he looked at the door of his room, she saw her draped in white blanket. She looked at her with hatred in her eyes. She could only look away with shame. "I trusted you..." she told her. Then, she looked at him. "I trusted both of you!" she shouted. Then, she stormed outside his pad. 

 

"Sunnee!" Wayne shouted. He followed her, but Pets stopped her. "Wayne..." she called. Wayne looked at her. "Pets..." he said. "Choose me, please..." she begged him. Wayne stared at her for a long time. "I'm sorry... I love Sunnee..." he told her.

 

[End of Flashback]