meeting someone

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB sat in the back of Tiffany's car, she was seated in a car seat, a thing she had never sat in before. Upon first glance, she disliked it, it limited her movement, the plastic tray that went down across her knees. However, as they started the drive to the orphanage, she was instantly captivated by the spinning ball attached the tray. It was just a simple cleaer ball with beads inside, yet, it caught her attention so.

"Are you having fun?"

"What's there to have fun with in a car?"

SinB just stared at the ball, watching as the small beads on the inside got caught on engravings on the inside. Should she try to punch it open? It made her curious. Just as she raised a fist to the toy, the car stopped and SinB looked up from the tray, Tiffany came and helped her out of the seat, they had arrived.

"Do you want to ring the doorbell?"

"Can I? It's not rude or anything?"

"Only if you ring it and run away."

SinB jumped as high as she could, stretching her arm to try to hit the bell, getting it on her third jump.

"Who is it?"

The door swung open and SinB jumped to the side as arms came out and hugged Tiffany tightly.

"Theres a crazy arm monster in there, back away."

Quietly, SinB jumped out from under the railing of the small raised entryway. Scurrying across the yard, she turned around because she heard a sound.

"Ahhhh!"

The arms were coming after her! Running back towards the street, she sprinted until she ran past the neighbor's mailbox and across their front lawn.

"Come back here!"

Feeling arms constrict around her waist, she flailed fruitlessly as she was lifted up.

"Yah, why are you running from me?"

Instead of seeing a giggling child like she had intended, this caretaker quickly brought SinB back to Tiffany.

"Fany ah! Help me! I made her cry."

SinB was sobbing quietly, her hands covering her face. She was scared, so scared, that she was even shaking. Hurrying to take SinB into ehr arms, Tiffany patted her back softly.

"It's okay baby, I'm here. I'll keep you safe from creepy Taeng mama."

"Yah, I'm not creepy at all."

When SinB's breathing returned to normal and she realized that she was still being carried by Tiffany, she blushed a little, covering her face in Tiffany's shoulder.

Tiffany just chuckled and let SinB hide.

"Why are you chuckling? Don't you think I made a mistake?"

"No, Taetae, I was told by one of her little friends that she's a little shy, the tsundere type, mind you."

"And what does that have to do with the situation? I'm pretty sure she hates me now."

Taeyeon pouted and crossed her arms. Tiffany just laughed, making SinB peek curiously. Just looking beyond Tiffany's shoulder, she nearly had a heart attack again.

"Ahhk!"

"What! What what is it baby?"

Tiffany turned around and found Jessica just standing in the doorway, scratching her head with a blank expression.

"Did you just wake up?"

"Hm? Oh yea."

"SinB just got scared of you for appearing so quietly you know?"

"I'm fine."

Finally putting SinB on the ground, Tiffany held her shoulders to face Taeyeon.

"This is Kim Taeyeon, my best friend who also works here. You know Jessica from the other day, she sleeps here from time to time. She says that she's looking for the kid that will click with her best to adopt, but seriously Jess, all theses kids are good kids."

"I know, I just, maybe I don't want to adopt after all."

Jessica sat on the couch lazily, Tiffany turned to talk with Taeyeon. SinB, now freed from Tiffany's clutches wandered away. Yesterday, she hadn't much time to explore her new environnment. Going back to the fireplace, she looked sadly at the put out remains of the fire before walking away, exploring everythign on a set path. A set of tired eyes kept watch on her.

There were couches in front of the fireplace, the back of the biggest couch faced the hallway that connected to the front door, across the hallway was a set of doors. SinB pushed them open and was startled by the children playing in there, at least she had met them before, nodding her greetings she continued on her way, they were playing family, it seemed ironic to her and she wanted no part of it.

Exiting the playroom, she found the kitchen next door, after the kitchen came the large dining room, it had several tables. Peeking back at Tiffany, she noted that her new guardian was still engrossed in talking with this Taeyeon person. Looking at the couch where she had last seen Jessica, she was slightly surprised to make direct eye contact. Turning away quickly, she ran to the stairs to explore the next floor.

There were several doors in the hall, many of which had nametags, SinB didn't have a room with her name on it, she didn't share a room either, she slept with Tiffany last night, apparently, they didn't have a spare bed for her yet as Jessica was occupying the guest room. SinB wandered the living room upstairs, finding toys under the couches and spare change between the cushions, she put all the change she found on the coffee table. It wasn't hers after all.

"Done exploring?"

SinB looked to the doorway, she had sat herself on the couch, her legs swinging lightly as she looked out the window.

"Mm."

"Do you want to go outside?"

"Okay."

Jessica noted that SinB didn't ask to hold hands like the other kids, she walked alone.

"Do you have any questions about here?"

"Not really. Where did most everyone else go? There seems to be less children here."

"They're at school, if you don't remember, you're one of the youngest here."

"Right."

Taking the sliding glass door in the kitchen, SinB was led to the backyard. There was a small plastic playset and a small sand pit with a half destoryed sand castle. The tools seemed to be neatly put in a bin nearby. Wandering the fenced off backyard, SinB sat down in the grass to look up at the sky. In the corner of her eye, she saw Jessica take a seat in the canopied porch swing. Laying down, she traced the outlines of the autumn clouds and darkening sky. It was around 4pm already.

"Can you tell me what happened to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know for sure your face was a punch, but tell me. How it ended up as abuse."

"I don't know. I'm only five, how would I know why my brother started this."

Jessica sighed and SinB ignored her, if the adult was cold as an ice queen, she didn't need to be extra warm with her anyways.

"Tiff told me you're a tsundere."

"What's a tsundere?"

"You don't know? Your friends told Tiff though. A tsundere is a person who acts opposite to their emotions when they're embarassed with love, particularly."

SinB turned a little to look at Jessica.

"You know, my best friend, Yewonnie. She told me that I might not understand love."

"Hah, who really does? Your friend is a smart cookie."

"Cookie? No! She's not a cookie, she's my best friend."

"I didn't literally mean coo- you know what, never mind. Too much effort to explain."

Jessica just sighed again, leaning further back. SinB looked back to the sky.

"Yewon ah, are you looking at the sky like me? I hope she sees that bunny cloud if she is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Unnie! Look! A bunny cloud!"

==================

Sooooooo Yerin told Tiff about SinB being a tsundereeeee, it was irrelevant to the storyline anyways, its okaayyyyyyy