Saturday

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Yuju woke with a start, her eyes were open, but her body wasn't moving. Sleep paralysis. Closing her eyes, she trembled in effort, trying to get her body to respond. She must have moved in her sleep and landed on her back.

Hearing something weird, Yuju tried to roll her eyes far enough to see what, only to see her doorknob wiggling.

Why would her doorknob be wiggling? Yuju panicked as it successfully turned all the way and the door began to open, shutting her eyes, pretending to be asleep. She had locked her door last night didn't she? She was pretty sure she had, after talking with her older sister, she had stayed as late as possible with her until her parents yelled for her to go to sleep, they didn't let Yuju sleep with her sister, her mother was saying that she should grow up.

A shadow covered the natural sunlight from her window, someone was standing over her. Wiggling her fingers a little, Yuju realized she had finally regained control of her body. She heard a whisper but she wasn't thinking too much about it, sitting up suddenly and throwing her arms out to shove whoever it was backwards, Yuju ignored the grunt of pain and ran out of her room.

"UNNIE!"

Slamming against her sister's door, Yuju fumbled with the knob, finally getting her hands to close around the handle, she threw it open and jumped into her sister's bed, surprising the older.

"Oh my gosh Yuna! What is it?"

She groaned from having been landed on by Yuju, but it must have been something scary or surprising. Sitting up to see Yuju better, her sister frowned as she saw Yuju. Yuju was curled up in a shaking ball, hiding her face in her sister's side.

"Yuna?"

Placing her hand on her sister's back, (you know what lets name her Yujin unnie), Yujin worriedly looked to her room door where Yuju had come crashing through. Nothing was there.

"Yuna, it's safe here, what's wrong?"

"Unnie, someone was in my room."

Hearing her sister's trembling voice made her furious, getting up to go see what was wrong, Yujin was stopped by a small hand.

"Yuna?"

"Don't leave me alone unnie.  I'm scared. I hit him earlier on my way out."

"You hit him? You did good okay, don't worry about it, unnie knows taekwondo remember?"

Yuju knew but she shook her head, finally showing her face, streaked with tears.

"Good morning girls- Yuna? Baby? You're crying?"

Their mother ran inside and held Yuju, patting her back and wiping her tears.

"How did you end up over here? Did your sister do anything?"

"Mom! How could you?"

"Unnie never did anything wrong! Why do you always think it's unnie?!"

Yuju was crying, but she was still mad. She didn't understand why her mother disliked her older sister so much, and she didn't appreciate it.

"I'm crying cuz our stupid cousin broke into my room!"

"Broke into your room? Show me."

Driven with the need to prove her sister innocent, Yuju pulled her mother by the arm, one arm still rubbing her tears away to clear her vision.

"My door was locked last night, but I woke up and he was there!"

Yuju looked at her room, the door left open the way she had left it when she ran out previously. The evidence of her frantic escape was there still, her floor mat slightly askew, evidence of her running across it.

Yujin turned the door knob, testing the lock.

"It's really broken, your lock doesn't work."

"Good morning, aunty, cousin, little cousin."

"Ah, good morning Junyoung." (Random name for psycho boy)

Yuju backed up and hid behind her sister, glaring at Junyoung. He just smiled back with his blinding white teeth. Yujin was a little taller than Junyoung, and she glared down on him.

"Yuna said you were in her room earlier."

"What? I jsut came from brushing my teeth in the bathroom."

Yujin raised an eyebrow, the bathroom was in the opposite direction than the way he came from, surely he knew that. He must have said it because he figured that he was caught by her already.

"Why were you in Yuna's room."

It wasn't a question, it was an order.

Yuju's mother, wandered her youngest daughter's room.

"Yuna? Did you have sleep paralysis?"

"H-how you know?"

"Your blanket is all messed up like when you had sleep paralysis when you were younger."

"She has sleep paralysis?"

Junyoung was still smiling, now he was staring at Yuju, who kept avoiding his eye contact.

"Then I suppose you must have hallucinated something, I heard it's a symptom."

"I'm telling you to stop going in my room, you broke my door lock didn't you?!"

Hearing her daughter yell, Yuju's mother turned back around, oddly she scolded Yuju instead.

"Why are you raising your voice this early in the morning? It could be true, you might have hallucinated something, sleep paralysis can change as you grow up."

"Mom! Why are you scolding her? Why don't you ever listen?"

"You should just stay out of this Yujin. Yuna, listen to me, everything is okay, so stop yelling at your cousin. He means well, look at him, knowing possible symptoms of your condition."

Yuju was being held by her shoulders, by her mother, staring into each other's eyes. Making an upset face, Yuju nodded. Her mother wasn't going to listen.

"If you say so. Mom. But I'm going to sleep with unnie tonight."

"What? I told you no."

"I'm going to sleep with Yujin unnie no matter what! My door has no lock!"

Running off, Yuju sprinted to her secret hiding place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carefully hidden by the leaves of the tree, Yuju sat in the small treehouse in her backyard. The only way up was to climb the tree, there was no ladder, no steps carved into the tree. In fact, no one remembered that it was there but Yuju.

"Stupid adults. Stupid cousin."

She picked at the pebbles she trekked in from her barefooted run in her backyard. This was right, she shouldn't be hiding, she did nothing wrong.

Sure, maybe being terrified of not moving when she woke up was a part, but who would whisper her something so scary in the morning when she had just gotten up from a peaceful sleep?

"Wait, scary? What was it that he said before I pushed him?"

Yuju rubbed her chin, trying hard to remember what was whispered to her. Snapping her fingers, Yuju gasped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you bleed?

==============

Horror! I feel like this chapter was a bit of a mess. Oops. Well, I ended up giving two names today, I tried not to name them because there are people out there that could be offended if they liked a person with that name, but it was getting difficult to tell who was talking, so random name generator I go. Yujin, Yuju's lovely older sister. Junyoung, the psychopath cousin. I feel like horror is hard to write :/ tell me if I confused you, I'll try to explain it :P