Yujin unnie

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Sowon held Yuju's hand, as well as Eunha's hand, her sister leading the way up front.

"Still, to think you would come up with this idea."

Sowon whined as her sister messed her hair, taking advantage that both her hands were occupied. They had left SinB and Umji back at the daycare as they were still sleeping, Sowon did leave them a note in case they woke before they got back though.

"I gotta spend the money I save at one point right?"

"You've got a point."

Sowon had asked her sister to borrow some money to pay for their bus ride to the hospital, using her savings to repay her sister later. Her sister only agreed because Sowon knew how to manage her money well enough, she was allowed to spend her own allowance however she pleased.

Following Sowon's older sister to the front desk of the hospital, Eunha scrunched her nose and hid her face in Sowon's shoulder when a nurse she recognized walked by.

"What room is Choi Yujin in? I brought her little sister, Choi Yuna?"

"Ah, she'll be in room 1004, tenth floor, fourth room on the right."

(This was the biggest hospital in the area.)

Taking the visitor elevator, Sowon noticed that Yuju was coming back to life. Letting go of Yuju's hand, she watched in amusement as the younger sprinted for the fourth door on the left when the elevator doors opened.

"Yuna!"

"What?"

"Other side."

Yuju looked across and found her sister's nameplate. Rushing to push it open, she shoved against it before realizing it was a sliding door. Rubbing her sore shoulder, she sheepishly opened the door, hurrying inside. When they were all inside, Sowon closed the door behind them.

Yujin didn't look bad, any wounds had been patched up, several bandages where she had scrapes with the ground covered her elbows and cheeks, she had a breathing mask on. Yuju sat quietly on the visitor's chair, holding her sister's hand. Sowon jumped when she heard a vibration sound.

"Unnie? Is that your phone? Are we in trouble? Oh no, what have I done, the staff weren't suppose to find out we left early!"

But Sowon's sister shook her head, it wasn't her phone, looking around, it was Yujin's phone. The name on the screen said, "My love, Jisunnie." Looking at the girls, she answered the phone.

"Um hi? Is this Jisun?"

"Who is this???"

"This is Yujin's phone, may I ask who you are to her?"

"What? Is she cheating on me?!"

"No! No no, I just wanted to make sure you cared for her before telling you something."

"What is it?"

"Yujin is in the hospital."

"WHICH ONE?"

Giving the address, Sowon's sister put down the phone.

"Yuna, do you know Jisun-ssi?"

"Who is that?"

Kneeling besides Yuju, she explained it in the most nicest way.

"When you fall in love, it can be with anyone right?"

Yuju nodded, how was this related?

"Whether you love a girl or a boy, it doesn't matter, right?"

"Right."

"As long as you both love each other it's enough."

"Yea, I'm going to marry Eunha when I grow up."

Chuckling, Sowon's sister ruffled Yuju's hair lovingly. She was glad that Yuju didn't know of the societal views on lgbt relationships.

"Your sister's girlfriend is coming over soon. She's super worried."

"She has a girlfriend? Was that the secret she told me that she would save?"

"I wouldn't know, it's a secret, remember?"

Yuju nodded, her hands never leaving Yujin's. Sowon held Eunha as they sat on the couch off to the side, letting Yuju relax for herself. Eventually, Sowon was seated on her sister's lap, Eunha beside them, holding hands.

"Yuna, are you feeling better?"

"Better, but not great. Unnie needs to wake up."

"CHOI YUJIN!"

The door slammed open and everyone jumped, Sowon let her sister go talk with the girl.

"You must be Jisun?"

"Yes, I am."

They went outside to talk for a bit, Sowon went to Yuju's side, feeling that something nice might happen, and she wanted to make sure that Yuju would be okay with it.

Jisun came back inside, standing near the end of the bed, looking at Yuju with adoring eyes.

"So you're Yujin's little angel."

"And I have no clue who you are."

Jisun chuckled and kneeled at Yuju's side, nodding to Sowon that she meant no harm.

"I want to thank you for being brave, Yuna. If it weren't for you, Yujin wouldn't be here and both you and I would be very sad."

"Why?"

"If she died, I wouldn't know what to do, I love her very much you see."

"You do? What about my dorky unnie do you like?"

Jisun smiled, the sisters were very similar, whenever Yujin talked about Yuna, she always called her a little dork who got lost easily.

"Everything. But, that's not the point right now. I heard you had a little bit of a fright."

"Mm."

Yuju let go of Yujin's hand, placing her sister's hand in Jisun's hold. Sowon watched, holding her sister's hand.

"I...I can't look at a knife."

"So, you do know, what's wrong."

"I do, Eunha told me."

"Eunha?"

"Her, my future wife."

Jisun smiled brightly at Eunha who was watching very carefully, she seemed to understand Jisun's intention.

"When you see the knife, what happens?"

"I get scared, I don't want to hurt anyone, I don't want anyone to hurt me."

"Why?"

"Because, because it reminds me that I...cut Junyoung."

"Why did you cut Junyoung?"

"He hurt my sister, and he was going to hurt me."

"Then it was self defense."

"I know but-"

Jisun hugged Yuju, patting her back. Tears welled up in the child's eyes as she missed her sister's hug dearly, her parents didn't do hugs often, and she didn't dare ask for them even if her mother would be all over her.

"Yujin will forgive you."

"She will? She'll forgive me that I hurt someone?"

"She definitely will."

"But I did something wrong!"

"It'll take time, but remember that you saved someone."

Yuju cried for the first time since leaving her sister's side the day before, all her pent up emotions crashing down as Jisun picked out her weaknesses easily.

"Unnie, how will this help Yuna? She's crying."

"I don't know if it'll help Yuna, but I know that she'll feel better about herself, and maybe, slowly she can go back to normal. She just needs to overcome it, by trying."

"Trying what? Staring at a knife and think happy thoguhts?"

"No, not that Sojung ah, but remembering the good things. It'll be hard to forget such a graphic experience, but over time, it will dull and go away, so long as she's careful. Think of this as a bad defense mechanism, when she sees a knife, she reacts violently, but if she calms down she can realize that it means no harm. And knowing that her sister would be proud of her more than afraid of her definitely will help her keep her cool, in my opinion."

"I still don't get it."

"I doubt many of us do, we just do what we can."

"Alright unnie."

Eunha rubbed at her neck nervously.

==================

hmmmmm a trainwreck update

I think I might have too many themes in this. But the point is, to introduce someone that Yuju can trust to watch her sister's side when she's being taken away by her parents. This is to help her function, knowing that Jisun is there for her sister.