loving each other

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB was half asleep, her cheek squished against Sowon's shoulder as the older was reading a book for her homework. She had tried to read over Sowon's shoulder but the words were too hard and she got bored easily.

"SinB?"

"Mm?"

SinB blinked but didn't move from her spot.

"If you're sleepy, just go to sleep."

"Dun wanna, just gonna stay here."

"If you say so."

Yerin watched jealously from her spot at her desk, doing some extra math problems for extra credit. Yuju twirled around before artistically sitting in the seat across from Yerin.

"What's up Yerin unnie?"

"The ceiling, I'm doing homework Yuna, I don't have time to play."

"But aren't you still going home with Sowon unnie today?"

"W-well I am, but still."

Yerin looked down at her homework again, avoiding making eye contact with Yuju who was beaming at her with the brightest smile in the world. Continuing her extra credit work, she furrowed her eyebrows as the questions drifted closer and closer towards difficult addition and subtraction in the form of paragraph long word problems.

Giving a cute growl, Yerin dug the tip of her pencil into her workbook as she copied which values she needed to complete her task.

"The way you growl is cute unnie."

"Wh-wha?"

Looking up, Yerin saw Yuju grinning, her cheeks in her hands, her elbows on the edge of the table. What was this girl on about?

Yuju just laughed as Yerin raised an eyebrow before getting up out of her seat, Yerin's eyes followed her as she stood up. Suddenly surprising Yerin with a kiss on the lips, Yuju giggled and ran away, Eunha's whines immediately following after her.

"Yuna! You kissed her didn't you?"

"Maaaaybe."

"Yuna! Give me kiss too!"

Yuju just laughed, ksising Eunha's cheeks before running to hide behind Umji, which was rather difficult as the maknae was much shorter than her.

"Choi Yuna, your bus is here."

Looking at the clock, Yuju frowned. Her mother had changed the time she had to go home by signing her up for an earlier bus. She had a personal tutor at home now, her cousin who studied from overseas?

Dejectedly grabbing her bag, she trudged towards the door as Eunha was confusedly repeatingly asking Umji to tell her the time on the clock.

"I said what time is it!"

"3:30? Why Eunha unnie?"

"Yuna's bus is 4:30! Come back Yuna!"

But Yuju shook her head sadly, her rare pout appearing as she ruffled Eunha's hair softly like a husband before going to war.

"I'll see you tomorrow honey."

"But hubby no!"

"I have to go now."

Yerin just sighed at their dramatic antics, laying her cheek on her desk. Yuju and Eunha hugged each other tightly, sobbing a little before separating so Yuju didn't miss her bus.

"Yunaaaaaaaaaa!"

"I love youuuuuuuu!"

"Yes yes, we love each other, now Sowon unnie please tell me what  129 - 22 + 47 -"

"Upupup, I don't want to hear it Yerin ah, Yuna, be safe okay?"

Yuju waved one last time before dashing for her bus.

Eunha sat by the door sadly, singing softly to herself some sad songs. Umji just sighed a little and sat next to her, enjoying Eunha's voice as she leaned their cheeks together lightly so as to not muffle Eunha's singing but still, give a little skinship.

"Eunha unnie, you'll see her again tomorrow."

"I know, it's always such a sorrowful parting."

"You know unnie, for a bunny unnie who likes to sleep a lot, you're really smart."

"What? What does that mean?"

"I mean you know a lot of words, you could probably have a chance at beating Sowon unnie in a definition battle maybe."

"Too much effort."

Umji laughed, her arms wrapping around Eunha's small waist.

"I figured you'd say that, my lovely lazy unnie."

"That's right, I'm lazy."

Eunha stuck out her tongue at Yerin who was watching them, only turning away in fake disgust, but a small smile on her lips. Eunha noticed that Yerin was doing less skinship with them since her incident, and she had discussed it with Yuju earlier when Yerin was napping still.

"Maybe that's why Yuna kissed her."

"Hm?"

"Yerin unnie isn't as touchy as before so I was worried, Yuna just wanted to make sure Yerin knew that she was loved I guess."

"But with a kiss?"

"It's the easiest to understand with a kiss right?"

"I wouldn't know."

"Eh? Let me kiss you~"

Eunha puckered her lips and leaned towards Umji aggressively, the youngest squealing and holding Eunha back with her arms, but still they giggled happily. Yerin smiled softly, having caught the last bit of their conversation. She had been thinking a lot, and it occupied her mind completely, how her family turned out dysfunctional.

She thought her world had ended, the day her father went to jail. But it's only just started hasn't it? Sowon draped herself over Yerin's back, finally giving her some much needed attention.

"You know, I never knew that Ariel turned to sea foam."

"Huh?"

"The original storyline, it's much darker, I don't want to talk about it."

Yerin hummed before remembering.

"Where's SinB?"

"I carried her to the sleeping area, she was sleeping on my back earlier, despite the laughter over there."

SinB had been sleeping on her bad cheek, so Sowon had tried extra hard to make SinB fall asleep faster, helping by rubbing soothing circles in the hands of the younger as she had been backhugged. Now she lay completely defenceless, innocently on her back, her healing cheek looking much better.

"You know, I'm glad that SinB got help."

"Me too, but I'm also glad I got you help."

"What do you mean?"

"I never had a sleepover before, didn't you know?"

Yerin looked up a little, trying to get a glance of Sowon's expression, only to have her cheeks pulled back to face forwards.

"Unnie? Why aren't you letting me see you?"

"I-it's nothing."

Hearing the shakiness in Sowon's voice, Yerin slowed down a little. Was she crying and not wanting Yerin to see?

"Unnie, I'm okay now, don't cry."

"I'm not crying, you are."

"You're right ahaaaaaaaaaa!"

Yerin burst into tears, not quite sure why of herself, but for sure, she was glad to have Sowon in her life.

===================

WIEEEEE ITS PAST MY BEDTIME HAHAHA