the sky

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Eunha panted as she held her left arm, it was throbbing and her blood wasn't stopping.

"Is it because I'm too weak?"

Wincing as her hand pulled away stained in her blood, Eunha looked up above her.

"If I could fly away, I would. But I shouldn't, Yuna would be lonely."

Holding her bleeding arm tightly, Eunha lay there panting.

"I'll stay here just for a little longer. Just...a....little longer.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon huffed as she sprinted up the stairs, Yuju easily keeping up with her. Hearing the sound of the hospital PA system, they stopped quickly to hear it.

"Alert! If anyone sees a child, seven years old girl, running around with a bloody arm, please bring her to the emergency ward."

That must have been Yerin's work, Sowon smiled a little before nodding to Yuju. Hurrying up the stairs, they breached the rood door, splitting up to search the big roof. Immediately going to the edge, Sowon checked to make sure that Eunha wasn't anywhere near, or even worse, already gone. Not seeing her, Sowon ran around the roof, looking where Eunha could be hidden, Yuju and Sowon checked around every air conditioning pipe, every vent box.

"Eunha!"

Yuju scraped her knees on the gravel as she crashed at Eunha's side, her hands barely touching her friend. Sowon went quickly, running to Yuju's side. Looking at Eunha's left sleeve, she bit her lip thinking about what to do.

"Y-yuna!"

"What unnie!? What do we do? She's still bleeding!"

"Yuna! Take off your scarf!"

Listening, Yuju gave Sowon her scarf and watched as Sowon tied it tightly around Eunha's forearm, where the IV drip needle used to be.

"Yuna, listen to my instructions carefully okay?"

Yuju nodded, her eyes not leaving Eunha's body.

"I need you to run inside, back down one floor to call a nurse and tell them where we are. I'm going to bring Eunha down."

"But I can bring her down and you won't get lost!"

Sowon shook her head, taking Yuju's hand.

"You won't get lost, and you won't admit it, but you don't have the strength to carry Eunha too far, much less down several flights of stairs. You're faster, but I'm stronger."

Yuju growled in frustration and sprinted for the roof door, charging down the stairs. Sowon sighed and looked back to Eunha.

"I hope she doesn't trip."

Hefting Eunha on her back, Sowon made her way to the door as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bursting through the emergency ward doors, Sowon panted as she avoided the running people that were unrelated to their issue (meaning other civlians). Placing Eunha on a bed, she watched as the nurses began to work on Eunha, taking away the scarf and wiping the blood away. Wincing as they put another IV drip in Eunha's right arm, Sowon looked away just in time to see Yuju holding Sohyun's hand, walking over.

"Unnie."

"I heard the announcement."

Sowon silently took Yuju's hand, her other hand covering Yuju's eyes. But Yuju pulled Sowon's hand away.

"Let me see."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

Reluctantly, Sowon let Yuju see. Hearing other running footsteps, Sowon turned around. Sohyun pulled Sowon behind her when she saw Sowon's stance turn aggressive.

"Sojung, calm down. I'll take care of it. I already talked with them for a little bit earlier."

Grumbling, Sowon pulled Yuju away from Eunha's parents. Looking back, she told them one fact.

"She didn't try to kill herself, she just wanted to see the sky."

Seeing Eunha's mother begin to cry, Sowon huffed and hugged Yuju warmly, an extra set of arms wrapped around them and Sowon smiled as she saw Yerin burying her face in Yuju's shoulder.

"Are you two hurt?"

"No, but Yuna is, sad."

Yerin nodded and took Yuju's bloodied hands, wiping them with a wet wipe she grabbed from the entrance of the hospital. Gently rubbing the blood off of Yuju's hands, Yerin watched Yuju's expression, she seemed lost, sad.

"Yuna?"

"O-oh?"

"Were you okay?"

"With?"

"Seeing the blood, are you feeling okay?"

Yuju took a shaky breath, looking down at her now clean hands, feeling dirty, she took the wet wipe back, rubbing her hands in it furiously.

"Y-yea, just f-fine."

Sowon's hands covered Yuju's, stopping her rough rubbing.

"Stop, your hands are clean already."

Tucking Yuju's head under her chin, Sowon patted her back gently.

"It looks like they're done patching Eunha up, let's go see her."

Sohyun immediately followed, Eunha's parents behind her.

The doctor, turned around and raised his eyebrows as he saw the children before the parents.

"Jung Eunbi is in a stable state right now, if you had been slower in staunching the blood flow, it might have been dangerous."

Sowon scrunched her nose a little.

"What does staunching mean?"

"Little girl, it means stopping the blood, you did well."

Sowon nodded and pulled Yuju to Eunha's bedside, placing Yuju's hand in Eunha's open hand. Watching as Yuju flinched, Sowon held Yuju's hand there.

"She needs you, I know it."

"B-b-but-"

"Shh, just hold her hand for her, I'll tell Yujin unnie, she won't mind. She has Jisun unnie with her too."

Yerin joined Yuju's side as Sowon went to her sister.

"Do you need a hug?"

Shaking her head, Yuju smiled a little, looking back at Eunha, Yuju smiled a little more.

"Isn't she just beautiful?"

"Of course she is."

A tear fell slowly down her cheek.

"She always is."

"I'll help you up there, but make sure you don't touch her tubes, 'kay?"

Yuju nodded, letting Yerin hoist her up by her waist. Kneeling beside Eunha, she carefully caressed her cheek.

"I'm here."

=================

tad bit shorter, tad bit late, I drank too much soda, ahhhh I shouldn't have stayed up late....I have business to do tomorrow....