mortal enemies

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB grumbled as Umji watched her from the side, a soft smile present on her lips.

"Go on, show me how you use the chopsticks."

"But you already know I can't use them."

"I still need to know what you're doing wrong to help you."

Huffin gone last time, SinB put the two sticks in her right hand, balancing it between her fingers. Moving towards the little sausages in the lunch box, they trembled as she stuck her tongue out the corner of in concentration. Moments after making touchdown with the chopsticks, SinB took a breath and slowly closed the gap between her chopsticks, before the sausage and a stick fell out of her hand.

Tossing the other chopstick on the table in frustration, she glared at them harshly.

"I. HATE. CHOPSTICKS."

"And it will hate you for throwing it."

"It has feelings? Oh no, I'm sorry, can you help me eat please? I'm hungry."

SinB kissed her chopsticks for extra comedic effect, only to toss them back on teh table with a glare.

"As if. I'm never usuing them again, I'm telling Tiffany unnie to give me a fork instead."

"You do realize that she'll then try to teach you instead?"

SinB huffed and crossed her arms, looking away from Umji. Then she noticed something. Yerin was giggling, behind Sowon, at her.

"HEY! DON'T LAUGH BECAUSE I CAN'T USE CHOPSTICKS!"

Sowon jolted a little at the sudden outburst, only snapping out of her daze when she turned around to see why SinB yelled.

"Yerin ah, you shouldn't laugh at little Eunbi."

"I can't help it, she's getting angry with them, hehe."

Sowon just sighed and patted Yerin's head, telling her to stop, softly.

"Eunha unnie!"

"Yes my little muji?"

Eunha bounced over, leaving Yuju behind on the beanbag, half asleep. Enveloping Umji in a warm backhug, she nuzzled her cheek into Umji's neck, it seemed as though if she were a cat, she'd be purring.

"Can you teach SinB how to hold chopsticks?"

"Teach her to hold chopsticks?"

Eunha picked up teh chopsticks and demonstrated the proper hold, picking up a sausage, she held it up to SinB's lips.

"Say ah."

SinB complied and happily chewed her sausage. Eunha, upon seeing little Eunbi's happy face, couldn't resist and started to feed her. Umji just sighed and pouted a bit, letting SinB eat for a while, she'd learn better when her stomach wasn't annoying her probably.

"Eunha unnie, that's enough."

"Mm?"

"Stop feeding her, she'll never learn to use chopssticks if you keep feeding her."

Pouting and putting down the chopssticks and food, Eunha slunk back to Yuju's side, tucking herself under Yuju's arm.

"Hm? Eunha yah, welcome back."

"Thanks hubby, Yewonnie just chased me away."

"What did you do honey?"

"I just fed SinB without teaching her well."

"Was SinB making a cute face?"

"Y-yea."

Yuju gave a lazy grin before kissing Eunha's forehead.

"Let's take a nap, Yewon can care for SinB."

"Okay hubby, whatever you say."

Umji just sighed as Yujuna was in their own world, she didn't really chase Eunha away, she just told her to stop feeding SinB. Putting the chopsticks in SinB's hands, she pointed to the egg roll.

"Try picking that up."

SinB rebelliously stabbed the egg roll with her chopsticks as if a fork, making eye contact with Umji as she ate it. Umji just frowned.

"If you don't learn how to use the chopsticks, I won't talk to you until you do. Hmph!"

Walking away, Umji grabbed SinB's favorite fairytale book and stuck her tongue out at the other, before leaving to find a place to read. SInB grumbled and continued to eat, using her stabbing style, that is, until she couldn't pick up teh rice that way.

"Sowon unnie."

"Yes?"

"I can't pick up the rice."

"And what do you want me to do about it?"

"Can you help me pick it up?"

"You mean feed you? No, Yewon is sulking with your fairytale book. You should learn quickly."

"But-"

"If you don't want me to teach you, don't expect Yewon to talk with you for a long time."

Yerin giggled again, making Sowon slap her lightly as a warning.

"Don't laugh Yennie, this is a serious matter, eventually we'll be picking sides as to who to play with and then there might be a war between us because of this rift. I suggest SinB and Umji to get together again as fast as possible."

SinB grumbled and held out her chopsticks to Yerin, who helped put them properly on SinB's hand, the way it wouldn't go flying out of her grip when she applied pressure.

Shakily pulling up a small bunch of rice, her eye brows went closer and closer together each time the bunch fell apart and back into the bowl.

"ARGH!"

Tossing the chopsticks again, SinB glared at them with contempt.

"Stupid chopsticks. Stupid rice."

Looking over to Yewon who was now napping with Yujuna, she sighed and started to try again, placing the stick properly on her hand. She wasn't going to stop until she finished all the food and Sowon unnie told Yewon that she had done it herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon noticed Yerin staring off into space, a little more often than usual.

"Yennie?"

"Oh? What's up unnie?"

"What's up with you? You seem pensive."

"What's pensive mean? Expensive? I'm worth a lot of money?"

Sowon chuckled and pulled Yerin into a hug, comfortably leaning her chin on the younger's shoulder.

"It means deep in thought silly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yewon ah!"

Umji rubbed her eyes and looked up at SinB, who was proudly holding her empty lunchbox.

"I did it!"

"No one fed you it?"

"Nope! Ask Sowon unnie if you want to, I had Yerin unnie teach me how to put them properly in my hand."

Smiling as she noticed a stray rice stuck to SinB's cheek, Umji wiped it off for her before kissing her cheek.

"Thank goodness you managed to finish it."

"Why?"

"Because then I'd be sitting with you at recess tomorrow unable to say anything to you if you didn't."

"What? That's weird."

"Not as weird as you dork."

"Huh?"

"Who in the world declares chopsticks as their mortal enemy?"

=================

cuties~