Krystal

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB sat on the couch as she waited for Tiffany to come back from driving the other children back, it had now become her only past time since there was no Jessica to observe and chat with.

"Hwang!"

"What is it?"

"We're gonna get ice cream, Taeyeon omma is out shopping, do you have a particular flavor you want?"

"Flavor?"

SinB thought about it, she didn't have ice cream often, it was a luxury, but what was the flavor she last ate? She couldn't remember.

"Just anything I suppose."

"Alright."

The older girl answered the phone again and walked away. Swinging her legs a bit, SinB sighed. It was boring. She stared into the burning fireplace that gave her warmth even though she was only clad in a set of thin fleece pants and a t-shirt. Tiffany had scolded her already, for not dressing warmer. But really, she didn't feel the need to put any more layers on when the fire was right there.

Scooting closer, SinB closed her eyes and tried meditating, Sowon told her it was good for her head. Hearing the front door open, SinB opened her eyes to look.

"Hello? You're not Tiffany unnie."

"No, I'm not. Are you scared?"

"Why would I? Are you a bad person miss?"

The lady just laughed and took off her shoes.

"Do you think I look familiar kiddo?"

SinB was confused, who was this and why did she look like Jessica when she was called kiddo?

"You look like Jessica unnie."

A bright grin greeted SinB and a hand came down to ruffle her hair.

"That's right! I'm Krystal, Jessica's little sister."

"Ah, little sister. It makes sense now."

Going back to her spot on the couch, SinB looked back to the fire. Krystal just watched her, leaning on the back of the couch, her elbows resting on the back.

"Hey, I was called here by Tiff unnie, any clue why?"

"How would I know? Besides, how'd you know I'd recognize you?"

Krystal smirked a little, the exact same way as Jessica did. SinB felt shivers go down her spine, were siblings supposed to be this similar? Thinking back to her real brother, she tried to blink away those thoughts.

"I'm not going to be like him."

Krystal just hummed.

"I was told that there would be a lonely kid here, that my sister had taken an interest in, but not really wanting to take you. That still doesn't esxplain why I was called here though."

SinB nodded and curled in the corner of the couch, her head resting on the arm. The skies had begun to get dark, soon it would be time for Tiffany's frantic speed cooking.

A phone rang and one of the older girls answered it again.

"Ah, okay. Everyone! We're having pizza tonight!"

SinB blinked, was she just thinking about Tiffany's cooking? What a coincedence. Jessica would probably be happy, that she wasn't eating Tiffany's cooking. Not that Jessica's sandwiches tasted better or anything, they seemed to be equally incompetent at cooking, but to SinB, that didn't matter as long as she got to eat.

"We're home!"

The children spilled forwards into the house, Tiffany struggling to put their shoes away for them.

"Tiffany!"

"Oh! Krystal! You made it!"

SinB rubbed her head, why were they speaking English all of a sudden? Oh well. Catching her name in between murmurs, SinB looked up, rubbing her eyes a little to clear the small amount of sleep that had been building up.

"You called me?"

"Ah, Eunbi yah, do you mind if we play a game?"

"A game? What kind of game?"

Tiffany grinned, she had discovered that SinB had a very competitive streak, and tended to win against the other children in board games to card games alike, just based off luck.

"Krystal will be your mom for a few days."

"Huh?"

Looking up at the confused young adult, they made eye contact, both not knowing why they were to do such a thing.

"Because Jess isn't taking the initiative and I really want to see her happy as well as you, I want you to become familiar with Krystal first."

"Okay?"

"Then, in around six days later, Krystal is going to take you with her to work. It's take your kid to work day, and Jessica said she was going to visit you right?"

Krystal nodded, through several text messages and phone calls, the sisters had set up a date to catch up after Jessica's return from America, which Krystal hadn't known about.

"Ah, are you using the jealousy tactic?"

"Yup!"

SinB just looked back and forth between Tiffany and Krystal, she didn't understand it.

"Um?"

"That is a day you'll just do whatever you want to, and Krystal will take care of you okay? Call her mom a few times in front of Jessica and see her reaction."

"But-"

Tiffany just smiled.

"Don't worry about it, Jess is just a complicated person. Even now, I have no idea why she got mad several months ago before she had gone to America again."

SinB noticed that Krystal flinched. Looking up at her, SinB sighed. Why are adults so complicated and why did they always have her do weird things? Well, these weird things were better than what she used to have to do.

"I guess so, but I'm sure I won't remember all that."

"Just have fun with it Eunbi ah."

"'kay, if you say so."

Krystal picked SinB up easily and sat on the couch, just close enough for SinB to be fine with the warmth provided by the fire. She realized that she hadn't put her arms around Krystal's neck for support like she should have. Fixing that, she stared.

"We should get to know each other."

"Should I call you Krystal unnie?"

Krystal smiled and SinB relaxed a little.

"Sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staring at the paper plate in front of her, SinB tilted her head a little in curiousity. This....this was a pizza? Picking at the 'pepperoni' SinB lifted it up and stared as the oil dripped down a bit. Feeling slightly weirded out that her fellow orphans were wolfing this dinner down, SinB popped the pepperoni into . It was a taste she hadn't tasted before, a different kind of salty.

"You should eat it all together, not piece by piece."

SinB looked up at Taeyeon who was holding her pizza, but hers was folded in half? Furrowing her eyebrows as she studied the different ways of eating pizza around the table, she tried to copy Krystal, who was just holding the triangle by the wide end and eating from the tip.

Humming as she ate her pizza, SinB smiled. It was a good dinner.

================

o_O wait...are you ALL older than me? interesting....demographics! Do I sound old? I know I have an old soul :P I'm also the eldest child in my family....is that why? haha