afraid

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

"Yewon ah, can you nap with me before you go?"

"Sure."

SinB held Umji's hand tightly as she walked them over to the napping area of their room, pushing two mats together and sharing a blanket, they lay together, they hands still interwined.

"Are you not sleeping well there?"

"It's a bit hard to get used to, sharing a bed with Tiffany unnie."

Eunha wandered over and tucked into Umji's back, snuggling her face into the youngest's shoulder.

"I'll nap with you guys too, Yuna? You want to nap?"

"I took one earlier though..."

"I'm gonna take another nap, mian."

Yuju looked sadly to her coloring book that they were coloring together, they had decided that to make it more fun, instead of coloring it, they could only draw hearts inside the lines, resulting in a masterpiece of hearts upon hearts upon hearts. Putting down her crayons, Yuju toddled over and lay down next to SinB, she wasn't sleepy at all, but layinng down was a fine activity.

Umji giggled as Eunha tried to reach Yuju from behind her, Eunha's short arms barely reaching over SinB, noticing the peaceful expression in front of her, Umji brushed SinB's bangs back a little with her free hand, SinB's bruise was yellowing finally, it looked weird, but SinB had said it wasn't sore anymore; Eunha continued to struggle to reach Yuju.

"Yuna~ hold my hand."

"Hm?"

Turning on her side and reaching across easily, Yuju grinned as her hand and Eunha's rested above their two maknaes.

"Our daughters are beautiful as always jagiya~."

"Of course, you're their mother after all."

Holding in her laughter, Umji's shoulders shook, Eunha just chuckled back.

"Well, my husband is handsome as well."

It was funny, how it was always Eunha who was the wife and Yuju the husband, it didn't seem to matter in Umji's opinion, they were both girls.

Sowon trudged in from her one on one and Yerin immediately attached herself to Sowon's back, the eldest jsut stumbled along, carrying Yerin with her as she set down her math homework on the table.

"You're all sleeping?"

Eunha answered with a cute "Eung!" and Sowon just smiled.

"Yerin ah, should we nap too?"

"I guess we could, only if unnie holds me in her arms."

"Yah, who else would I hold when they're already in a bundle like that? I'll turn off the lights."

Wadding over to the light switch with Yerin still attached on her back, Sowon flicked off the high switch easily. It seemed as though she was growing quite rapidly. Once in the dark, Sowon found herself unable to move, Yerin's arms stopping her.

"Yerin?"

Yerin didn't respond, Sowon struggled to turn around in her hold, only to find Yerin staring into space with a scared expression. Then she realized that Yerin was trembling.

"Yerin ah."

Waving a hand in front of Yerin's face, Sowon was getting worried. She had never seen Yerin so spooked before.

"Did you see a ghost? Yerin!"

Shaking her slightly, Yeirn finally responded, latching herself to Sowon in a hug. Sowon frowned, the front of her shirt was getting wet, she was crying?

"Yerin! What's wrong?"

Quickly flicking the lights back on to see, Sowon just held Yerin tightly, the other girls watching carefully. Sowon brought Yerin to her knees, sitting on the ground with Yerin's legs wrapped around her waist like a koala.

"What scared you Yerin ah?"

"I-....I don't know... the dark?"

She was still sobbing and Sowon pulled her back into a hug, rubbing the back of her head reassuringly.

"Afraid of the dark? Then you should have told me, I wouldn't turn out the lights then."

"B-but I'm not usually scared of the dark, it isn't even that dim in here."

That was true, their room had high windows, it wasn't pitch dark even with the lights turned out. And Yerin really wasn't afraid of the dark, they had experienced a blackout before at the daycare, Yerin had reacted fine. Sowon couldn't help but wonder how it developed if it were the case.

"What was going on through you head when you were scared? In the dark and all."

Yerin bit her lip, still trembling from something, her hands were now covering her ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Yerin's flashback, she doesn't tell the others this)

"Yerin ah, stay in here okay? Mom will talk with dad for a little bit."

Yerin watched as her mother closed Yerin in the closet of her room, it was fine, she used to hide there when they played hide and seek. She waited for her mother to come back.

A thud sounded, Yerin flinched as it sounded like it came from the wall she was sitting against. Unnerved, Yerin pulled her closet door open just a crack.

The door to her room opened and Yerin went back to her original position, expecting her mother to get her at any moment. Only, she didn't. Her mother's scream echoed through the house with a very sickening sound of an impact. Yerin covered her ears and shut her eyes, not wanting to hear her parents fighting, curling in on herself, deeper and deeper into the closet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"M-mommy's gonna get hurt again, I-I need to go see her."

"You're not making any sense Yerin ah, why do you need to see your mom?"

"I-I-I....D-dad..."

Yerin couldn't say anymore, and Sowon was angry. Whoever made Yerin sad, scared, or hurt, was going to pay. Patting Yerin's back, Sowon's glare was fixed on the door when it suddenly opened.

"Jung Yerin your oppa is here to pick you up."

Sowon untangled herself from Yerin quickly, running and shoving the door closed.

"Yerin has a restriction order auntie, she's not supposed to be with her brother alone."

Yerin was crying on the floor, Sowon didn't want to push her aside, but if she didn't stop the door, the auntie would come through. Spotting Yuju who was running over, she gave a thankful nod.

"Auntie, he's with you isn't he."

"Yes he is."

"He's not allowed to come near me either. Call the police."

"What? What nonsense are you saying? Let me in."

Sowon held the lock in place as the caretaker began to use her key to unlock it, Sowon's hand versus the key on the otherside.

"Eunha! Call the police!"

"Roger!"

Eunha ran to their emergency phone in the room, climbed the bookshelf next to it and dialed 119.

"119 what's your emergency?"

================

:/ hmmmmm this is a bit hectic....I have a headache too...hmmmmm does it make sense? oops.