places

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Yerin kissed Sowon's cheek goodbye, quickly going to her door and knocking for her mother to open up. Waving a final goodbye to the Kim siblings, she went inside.

"Mom! Look what I got today!"

Her mother smiled as she held out her gold medal, proudly, she rubbed Yerin's head lovingly.

"Look at you, a little warrior you are. Which event did you participate in?"

"Shot put! We throw an extra heavy ball as far as we can."

Lifting her daughter up, Yerin's mother sat her on her lap gently. Hugging her warmly, her mother rocked back and forth soothingly.

"What's wrong mom?"

Even if her mother didn't say anything, Yerin could feel the sadness from her mother.

"It's nothing baby, just a little stress from work."

Yerin nodded and clung to her mother a little closer. Since they had been separated with Yerin's father, her mother had to find a job to pay the rent to this apartment.

"Are you feeling better now mommy?"

"Yea, yea honey. As long as I hold you, I can feel myself gain the energy to keep going."

"Then you can hold me for as long as you want."

Her mother chuckled and patted her back softly. She had successfully gotten a job as an officce secretary, not a secretary for just one person, but more of a handy person around a full office, it was just called secretary on official papers.

"Did you....run into trouble with your coworkers though?"

"Hm, you could say that."

Yerin pulled away to look her mother in the eyes.

"Is it-"

"Don't worry about it, I've got it. Promise."

"But you work with men, who make you scared."

Her mother sighed as Yerin had hit the nail on the head. She tucked Yerin back under her chin and her daughter's hair.

"I'm working on it, not all men are bad, I know it. I just, have to get used to it again."

Yerin pulled away again and gave her mom a bright smile.

"As long as you promise you are okay."

Smiling at her daughter, she chuckled as she shook her head.

"To think my eight year old daughter would be the one to comfort me."

Yerin grinned proudly, taking her mother's hands she held them to her chest.

"To me, all I've got it you ma, so I gotta be there for you too right?"

"Hey, I know you don't mean that. You've got your precious Sojung unnie don't you?"

Yerin blushed and hid her face with her arms, quickly reduced to a whining child. her mother just laughed and kissed her head.

"No honey, I understand what you mean. I promise that we're okay now."

Yerin hummed, she kept to herself one secret however. She was claustrophobic. Ignoring her inner worries, she relished in her mother's warmth. She could deal with another problem at another time, so long as she was with a person she loved, she was fine, was all that she could observe.

"Hey mom?"

"Yes honey?"

"Can I nap on you?"

"Haha, of course baby."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umji giggled as she ran around the living room, dodging a flying pillow, she laughed as her brother crashed into the coffee table with a solid thud.

"Ouch!"

Coming to a stop and letting a pillow hit her shoulder, she walked back to her brother, checking to make sure he was alive. Flipping up the pillows around him, she checked to make sure he was breathing, since he lay still with his eyes closed. Her sister panted as she followed behind Umji, just as concerned.

"He's breathing."

Jiwon laughed and immediately took off as Bogeun groaned as he was caught acting. Umji giggled softer as he stood up to his full height, shaking off his dizzyness coolly. Seeing his bright smile made her worries go away.

"Oppa! The coffee table is hurt because you hit it!"

"Ehh? I'm pretty sure that I hurt more."

"You told me that newton's law means that it hit you as hard as you hit it! Then the table hurts just as much!"

He chuckled as he had to agree, kneeling down to the table and running his hand on the surface hilariously, he apologized to the small coffee table.

"Dear little white coffee table, please accept my sincerest apologies for running straight into your corner with my shin."

Bowing his head solemnly, Bogeun looked up only when he heard Jiwon laughing until she couldn't breath. Umji found her sister funny and started laughing as well, her iconic puppy squeaking sounds echoing in the room.

"Yah, do I look that funny?"

Jiwon giggled as she watched Umji have the time of her life, laughing as loud as she could.

"Hey! You three beagles! Dinner is ready."

"Yes mom!"

Bogeun swiftly scooped Umji up in one arm, holding her securely as she continued to laugh, with his other arm slung over Jiwon's shoulder, the siblings made their way to the dining area.

"Yewon ah."

"Yes mum?"

"Are you sure you're safe at school?"

"Positive."

"No one is bothering you anymore?"

"I told you already mom, Suji's got my back."

Umji's mother could only smile at her daughter, proud that she had managed to overcome such a crisis and come out safely with a friend.

"Even SinB approves of her."

"SinB? Does she really? I know she cares a great deal about you."

Umji blushed, playing with her food a little.

"Yea...she does."

Jiwon pinched her baby sister's cheeks lightly.

"What's this? You're blushing!"

Quickly swiping her sister's hands off her cheeks, Umji whined and crossed her arms, puffing her cheeks.

"Am not!"

=============

tad bit short, because tomorrow is the last chapter ;-;