what to do?

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

"Mom? Can I ask you something?"

"What is it baby?"

Yewon was sitting in her mother's lap as her father drove them to school, today he had an off day and so did her mother, they probably were going to go on a date when the kids were all at school.

"Yesterday I saw Yerin unnie's oppa for the first time."

"Oh? Was he nice?"

"No, I don't think he's nice at all."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, first of all, he's a senior in high school."

"Eh? That's a really large gap."

"Right? So I thought you know, maybe he'd take better care of her, but like yesterday, when he went to pick Yerin unnie up, we saw him punch her."

"Punch?"

"She went flying into the ground."

"What?!"

Yewon's mother was alarmed, that such brutality was used on a child around her daughter's age.

"See, the aunties at daycare, said that it was play fighting."

"Yewon ah, when you get to 18 years old, do you still think you'll be play fighting with your unnie and oppa?"

"I think it'd hurt too much then, I'll be bigger right? I'll have more muscles right?"

Yewon winked as her mother kissed her forehead, her bangs were getting longer. Innocently holding her mom's hand, she sighed.

"I hope Yerin unnie is okay."

"I hope so too baby, if it gets worse, tell me. I'll see what I can do for your friends."

"Really?"

"Really."

Yewon was glad she had such a caring mom, even more that her mom offered to help Yerin. She needed to ask Yerin the proper truth.

"Then, I'll go talk with her today at daycare."

"Okay honey, what time do you want to get picked up? Your papa and I can come get you whenever today."

"How's five sound?"

"Perfect, baby. Have a good day at school alright?"

"Th-"-*HONK HONK*

They turned and looked at the street, they were stopped at the loading zone, not breaking any rules, who would honk them?

Looking further down the road, Yewon's eyes widened as she watched a kid get thrown out of the side of a car that had started moving.

"Oh my god!"

Yewon and her mom ran over to the kid as what they supposed the kid's ride, drove off quickly.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

"Owie...."

Yewon gasped.

"SinB?!"

"Huh?!"

Yewon's mom looked between them confusedly but checked to make sure SinB wasn't bleeding anywhere.

"Yewon? What are you- ow ow ow!"

"Sorry! Little friend, you're bleeding on your back."

Quickly running around to SinB's back and lifting her backpack just high enough, she saw the rough scratch marks that were beginning to ooze blood.

"You're really really bleeding!"

Panicked, Yewon began to cry, her mother was surprised, Yewon cried easily, but not this easily was it? Holding her baby and cradling her in her arms, she helped SinB up and pulled her over to Yewon's kindergarten, SinB limped after slowly.

Still carrying crying Yewon on her arm, Yewon's mother led SinB all the way to the infirmary where the nurse in charge fixed SinB up and gave her a chocolate to feel better.

Yewon had stopped crying, slowly coming to a sniffle. They sat outside on a bench as SinB wasn't a proper student of Yewon's kindergarten.

"Yewon ah, school is about to start, are you okay with mommy leaving? Your siblings need to get to school."

"I'll be fine, I'm more worried for Eunbi."

Yewon's mother kissed both kid's heads and left. They sat quietly for a while.

"Why'd you go flying out of the car?"

"I didn't sleep well, and I accidentally fell asleep on the ride here. And I didn't wake up in time to get off on my own."

Yewon kept her hand on SinB's arm, she was really really worried for SinB's back, would she be okay?

"What does not waking up in time have to deal with going flying out the window?"

"Well, if I don't get off, my brother can't get to his prestigious school on time, so they just make me get off, the window is a good example."

Yewon frowned, that was no way to get off a moving car. Hearing the school bell ring, she got off the bench instinctively but SinB didn't budge.

"Go on, go to class, I'll see you at break."

"Are you sure you're okay going through the bush with that back?"

"I'll be fine. My school starts a little later, go ahead Yewon ah."

Taking a last glance at her best friend, Yewon left to get to her classroom, running quickly. SinB watched from her seat on the bench.

"Little girl, are you always treated that way?"

"Oh, security guard ahjussi, sometimes. Good morning by the way."

He smiled and sat down next to her, as if to protect her. She appreciated the thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, everyone is dismissed to recess."

Yewon chucked everything she had on her desk into her cubby and ran outside, dodging expertly the random foot in her way by jumping over it like a high jump. Ducking under a swinging arm and sliding her way across the lawn to where SinB would be, she cheered that she wasn't caught today by the bullies.

"Eunbi?"

"What's up?"

SinB was standing by their tree, she looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Eunbi ah are you okay? You look funny."

"I'll be fine, can you lend me your lap today too?"

"Of course."

Yewon watched as SinB slowly kneeled, one knee after the other, then leaned over on her front. It hurt to lay on her back so she had to lay on ehr stomach, her cheek pressed against Yewon's thighs.

"Sorry, for inconveniencing you everyday with this."

"It's fine, if you rest now, we play better later anyways. It's peaceful."

"Thanks Yewon ah."

"No problem."

Yewon even ksised SinB's cheek before settling back against the tree, they began to talk about light stuff, how the sky looked like it was going to cry again, and the grass smelled like green even though colors can't have scents.

"Yewon ah, what should we do about Yerin unnie?"

"My mom offered to help her, if she wanted it. So, I think we just need to ask Yerin unnie about it."

"I hope she tells us, I know that you've found her bruises, I've seen them before too. She still comes up with different excuses everytime so I can't catch her, falling out of a tree once, even though she's afraid of heights, forgetting the glass door wasn't open and running into it, what did she tell you?"

"That she fell down the stairs."

"I really care for our unnies, I wish he'd stop hurting her."

"Me too, but you know what else I wish for?"

"What?"

"That your mommy and daddy don't throw you out of windows anymore."

"Thanks Yewon ah."

"Love you Eunbi ah."

===================

a hiccup. oof I'm not getting enough of Eunha and Yuju in this story yet. aye. I need more inspiration, or maybe after sinrin backstories they'll come naturally to me? we'll see.