Testing

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Eunha winced as the needle went in her arm, she promised not to scream after several torturous attempts. They had been here since early morning and only now was Eunha allowing the needle going in her arm. It was her second blood test, the last one, she had yesterday when her parents had her checkup. That one only need one tube of blood, because they didn't know what they were looking at yet. Now, that the doctors had an idea of what to specifically look at, they were taking three tubes of blood.

Squeaking with closed, she squirmed in her father's arms as he held her arm still, it really hurt, the entire sensation of something metal stabbing under her skin and into her arm, the loss of warmth as her blood left her. Was this even the correct amount of blood to take out of a six year old girl? Thrashing about some more, Eunha cried as her mother hugged her head tightly, stopping her from moving anymore.

"Shhh, baby, it's almost over."

"It huuurts."

"Shhh shhh."

Gripping the hem of her mother's jacket until her knuckles turned white, the doctor tapped her other arm, telling her to relax it for the blood to flow better.

When it was finally over, Eunha scrunched her eyes closed as they pulled out the needle, the feeling of the metal tip fresh in her mind again. Sniffling as she held the gauze over the corner of her elbow, she left tears fall quietly as she glared at her father.

"Sorry, baby, it has to be done."

Looking at her feet, Eunha just continued to glare. Why did she have to go through this? What was it even? Her parents wouldn't tell her what it was or what caused it besides.

"You're not alright baby, but you will be."

"For being a good girl, this is your prize. I hope you don't mind the grape flavor."

The doctor handed Eunha a lollipop, but the child just glared at him, showing her arms. How could she possible get the candy if one arm was practically dead and the other was stopping the blood from leaking out of her arm?! But the doctor just chuckled as her father took the candy and unwrapped it for her, holding it to her lips. She accepted it although angrily.

Tasting the familiar taste of aritificial grape, she scrunched her nose. This wasn't the good artificial grape flavor, it just tasted like medicine. Remembering grapes, Eunha thought about SinB, wondering what her other Eunbi half was doing on her sunday. Letting her mother pull Eunha into her lap, the child just rolled her lollipop dejectedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having gone home after having lunch out with her parents, Eunha ran around the house, sometimes complaining that her arm was hurting when she moved it too much and it didn't have enough blood.

Seated on the couch after eating her vitamin supplements, Eunha listened as her father answered the phone.

"Yes, I did order the express. It is of high importance. Did you get the results?"

Express? You could express order thigns within a day? From the hospital?

"Ah, we can come back after dinner, yes yes. Alright. Thank you very much doctor. Have a good one, we'll see you later."

Later? They were going to see the doctor again? Eunha frowned, to her, the doctor was her mortal enemy. That man had taken so much blood and she had struggled so hard.

"Eunbi? Did you drink water?"

"Huh? No."

"Drink water, you need to regenerate the blood you lost today."

"Do I have to?"

"Yes you do honey."

Eunha grumbled as her mother handed her a cup of warm water, the touch of the warm glass welcome on her colder fingertips. Sipping it with an annoyed expression, Eunha sighed as she was barely halfway done. She rubbed at her neck irritably.

"Eunbi ah, you shouldn't rub too much, you might rub yourself raw."

"What does raw mean?"

"When you rub off too many layers of skin to the point that it hurts."

Sighing again, EUnha stopped rubbing her neck, pinching her thighs to stop herself.

"Can I watch Pororo?"

"Yes you may honey."

Finishing her water quickly, Eunha ran off to find the remote which her siblings usually hid around the house because they disliked hearing the Pororo opening song after so many times of Eunha listening.

"Eunbi, can you let oppa play on the tv instead?"

"But I want to watch Pororo. My arm hurts."

"Oppa will teach you how to play games okay? Remember I promised?"

Eunha hummed, a finger to her chin. That was true, the last time she watched her brother play, she was interested in playing as well and her brother had promised to teach her.

"I guess so."

He grinned and pulled the tv remote from the highest self in the bookcase in the livingroom, making Eunha puff her cheeks in annoyance. If she had refused, she would have never known it was up there at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha sat in the car, sleepy and tired. It was weird, feeling so tired this early. Eunha wondered if it was because she lost a lot of blood that she was lacking energy. Getting shook awake by her mother, Eunha trudged after them into the hospital, the sky was dark already, the stars hidden away by the light pollution around them.

Scrunching her nose as she entered the hospital, she patiently waited while hugging her father's leg as they talked about their appointment with her doctor.

"MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY!"

Eunha rubbed her eyes tiredly, leaning her cheek to her father's leg.

"THIS IS AN EMERGENCY MAKE WAY!"

"UNNIE! YUJIN UNNIE!"

Eunha blinked.

"That sounded like...."

Turning around to look at the commotion, her attention now focused on her surroundings rather than her tiredness, she saw a young girl chasing after the nurses who pushed a stretcher at hgh speed past the reception to the emergency ward. There was blood on her face and clothes, she was crying.

"....Yuna. YUNA!"

Eunha ran toward Yuju, extremely worried for her best friend.

====================

ohohohoho how was it?